Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Elessar

Real Name Elessar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Elessar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2008, 21:53
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 46094

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age II and High-Rez Patch Released
31. Re: Dragon Age 2 and High-Rez Patch Released Mar 8, 2011, 13:04 Elessar

Tumbler wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 13:00:
Somehow Bioware forgot to put the auto attack in the console version. They released a broken game LOLOLOLOLOL.

I wondered about this when I played the demo. The constant A button tapping was ridiculous and didn't serve any purpose. It would be one thing if you could string attacks together and combat got more complex but everything in the demo was just an auto attack animation that required you to press A constantly.
*shrug* I'd rather interact with a game than watch a guy auto attack. I agree that building up combos would be deeper, but watching a game is way more boring than at least initiating each the attack.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age II and High-Rez Patch Released
28. Re: Dragon Age 2 and High-Rez Patch Released Mar 8, 2011, 12:56 Elessar

I know I'm in the minority (here) and I'm very pro-PC, especially when it comes to shooters, but the action rpg angle they've taken with DA2 is a lot more appealing to me than DAO. I tried DAO on the PC a while back and I just couldn't get into the slower, tactical gameplay. I also tried the DA2 demo on both the PC and 360 and while it's more action rpg-ish than the first, it's even more noticeable on the 360. Which is why I'm getting it for the 360 because I prefer that playstyle. I do understand why you more tactical rpg guys are upset though.

Dirwulf wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 11:54:
Somehow Bioware forgot to put the auto attack in the console version. They released a broken game LOLOLOLOLOL.
I think it's actually designed that way on purpose. You press A for normal attacks, which is a hell of a lot better than targeting a mob and watching your guy attack while you wait for cooldowns.

News Comments > RIFT Interview
25. Re: RIFT Interview Mar 7, 2011, 17:10 Elessar

So much anger! It's going to be okay man, it's going to be okay.  

23. Re: RIFT Interview Mar 7, 2011, 17:06 Elessar

Sempai wrote on Mar 7, 2011, 14:50:
Too much of a wow clone for me though, if im going to waste years of my life playing a mmo i'll stick with the original.
It's one thing to play and feel like WoW, but if it lacks the polish and quality like so many before I wouldn't be interested. But given that it's a new storyline altogether with it's own set of races and world, all it would need is that polish and quality. Seems like it lacks it judging from your animation critique.

The only MMO coming out that seems to have near the quality that WoW has is The Old Republic.

So I don't mind a clone, so to speak, as long as the IP is totally different, the shell can be a clone all it wants.

20. Re: RIFT Interview Mar 7, 2011, 13:16 Elessar

Grounded wrote on Mar 7, 2011, 09:50:
nin wrote on Mar 7, 2011, 09:47:

Wow, someone's trolling for attention...

Ah yes I forgot how this works. Anyone defending an MMO is ridiculed as a troll, anyone making biased rips on it is a "normal" commenter. Almost forgot where I was!
I like MMOs and I came here to get some opinions on Rift. You've contributed nothing but negativity and we all could have done without your posts. I agree with the others, you come off as a senseless, bias troll.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike Berlin Wall Trailer
7. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike Berlin Wall Trailer Mar 3, 2011, 17:46 Elessar

I don't know why, but the graphics made this look like it was from COD2 or something. Meh.  

News Comments > Homefront Preorders Soar, Studio May Move Anyway
8. Re: Homefront Preorders Soar, Studio May Move Anyway Mar 3, 2011, 11:23 Elessar

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 3, 2011, 11:19:
I've been looking forward to this game as well, but this is pretty worrying news.
Yeah it's like anti-marketing for the game. Brilliant move THQ. Suspend the idea of solid support for a game that is soon to be released.

News Comments > Quote of the Day II
17. Re: Quote of the Day II Mar 3, 2011, 11:14 Elessar

I'm getting sick of this. We've been hearing this for years. We know! It's like they're fabricating a problem that doesn't exist and then assuring the public the problem doesn't exist.  

News Comments > Alice: Madness Returns in June
9. Re: Alice: Madness Returns in June Mar 3, 2011, 10:51 Elessar

Cram wrote on Mar 3, 2011, 00:40:
Maybe it'll blow, maybe it'll be fantastic. I personally hope it turns out excellent. I am sure a Gameplay vid is upcoming soon.

On another note, I prefer this style of releasing a game. I am bored of companies releasing screenshots and videos YEARS before a game is released. You end up knowing absolutely everything there is to know about the game before you even play it. No one forces you watch those vids, view those screenshots or read spoilers, but they just seem to end up taking over the internet whenever they're released. I'm looking at you Blizzard. Others are guilty too, in my opinion. I've seen all there is to see of Rage as of right now, and TBH I'm already bored; and I usually love ID games.
This. Blizzard is so annoying about this. Diablo 3 for example.

News Comments > Minecraft and Red Dead Redemption Honored
6. Re: Minecraft and Red Dead Redemption Honored Mar 3, 2011, 10:49 Elessar

InBlack wrote on Mar 3, 2011, 09:42:
Sooooo....Will we ever see RDR on the PC??
I've been holding out for this, I really hope it happens. Doubtful, but still hopeful.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Trailer
17. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 2, 2011, 12:52 Elessar

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 2, 2011, 12:42:
Battlefield game (not Bad Company) never had real story single player, this is the first one so it is kind of unfair to compare the huge maps and open environments from MP to a single player experience which focuses on a story.
Right, I was just explaining that we're seeing the graphics and sound from this and directing our excitement at how nice the multiplayer will look as a result. He was implying we were being hypocritical by getting excited over the scripted, linear gameplay. Which is likely not the case for most of us.

14. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 2, 2011, 12:27 Elessar

Mcboinkens wrote on Mar 2, 2011, 11:53:
Looks exactly like COD, yet no one is whining. Bandwagons are fantastic. Hopefully they'll clutch the multiplayer and not have ridiculous player cap limits, while including vehicles and full size maps.
I don't think it's as simple as that. Most of us know what Battlefield is about so we're not necessarily excited for linear, scripted gameplay as demonstrated in the video. We're just happy to see how pretty it looks and how nice it sounds, to have that applied to BF3 multiplayer is what we're excited about.

2. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 2, 2011, 10:57 Elessar

Agreed, it looks and sounds great. I paid close attention to the shooting mechanics, but I couldn't tell if they've tightened them up or not. BF always had a floaty/laggy feel to it when shooting imo. The movement felt that way in BF2, but they added some heft to it with BC2, so I know they're capable.  

News Comments > Serious Sam 3 Screenshots, Details
28. Re: Serious Sam 3 Screenshots, Details Mar 1, 2011, 11:32 Elessar

Beamer wrote on Feb 28, 2011, 11:18:
They looked stupid then. They look like muppets now.
I think they look hilarious, but in a good way. They look like they're untooned versions of the older games. Wacky looking and chaotic. Sounds like Serious Sam to me.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Trailer
48. Re: Launch Date too aggressive Feb 25, 2011, 10:43 Elessar

I thought it was an exciting trailer. Reservations aside, I'm looking forward to this. Especially now.

InBlack wrote on Feb 25, 2011, 06:26:
Please please pretty please no level scaling monsters and NPCs this time around...
This. I always liked it better progressing through zones of differing difficulty. Going back to old zones to smash faces and testing your skill in new zones where mobs are initially tougher.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge 2 On Hold?
23. Re: Mirror's Edge 2 On Hold? Feb 14, 2011, 16:37 Elessar

"other projects"... Like BF3? In which case, I prefer resources go to that instead.  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
4. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 11, 2011, 12:17 Elessar

Fion wrote on Feb 11, 2011, 10:36:
I gotta say the simple fact that they are using a new engine instead of a rehashed Oblivion/Fallout 3 engine is quite nice to see. The graphics are very nice indeed. Now here's hoping the gameplay follows suit.
Finally! The models seem to represent what you would expect a humanoid to look like. Now... I just need to see it in motion to see that the asstastic animations from the previous titles have also gone away.

News Comments > PC Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Plans
10. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Plans Feb 11, 2011, 11:35 Elessar

Mac wrote on Feb 11, 2011, 03:38:
I bought Black Ops, and it has to go down as my worst purchase of last year. The game has not moved on at all since COD 4.

In fact, with an engine this old you would have thought that the release would be bomb proof - but there were more technical issues than ever.

The sooner people stop buying this turgid pile of shit the better.

By the way - fuck the map pack. Obviously too busy turning around map packs to milk the player base than fixing the game ... great strategy!
I was just going to come in here and say this. The droves of people buying this stuff has to stop for any true innovation to occur. I had a short period of fun with Black Ops, but it was mostly the same as MW2 and COD4. I'm ready for something new now.

News Comments > Treyarch on Bugs
19. Re: Treyarch on Bugs Feb 9, 2011, 12:07 Elessar

Atomic wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 10:03:
Something very telling here that has gone unnoticed. Look at that last quote. "Even if the bug is only hurting a hundred fans...."

FANS, not customers. That says a lot about how they feel about us. Their obligations are much different to a customer than they are to a fan.

Think about it.
Good eye.

News Comments > Breach Patched, New Dedicated Server
3. Re: Breach Patched, New Dedicated Server Feb 9, 2011, 09:59 Elessar

I wonder if this game sucks?

Kidding aside, thanks for the heads up baltar.

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo