Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Elessar

Real Name Elessar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Elessar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2008, 21:53
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 46094

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Portal 2 "Turrets" Trailer
20. Re: Portal 2 Apr 6, 2011, 10:56 Elessar

The production quality of these vids looks like Pixar made them. Same with the TF2 Class videos. These guys know how to write good humor and execute it well visually. Good shit.  

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sheen Winning TMs
4. Re: Sheen Winning TMs Apr 6, 2011, 10:46 Elessar

nin wrote on Apr 6, 2011, 10:23:
Yeah, his 15 minutes are ticking away...
More like 15 decades. How could he live so long you ask? Tiger blooded Warlock, that's how.

News Comments > Unreal Engine Trailer
1. Re: Unreal Engine Trailer Apr 6, 2011, 10:43 Elessar

The hair and skin detail at the beginning was amazing. The whole thing was pretty impressive. Note the scalable UI, which may help in terms of PC development so we don't get stuck with overly large, cumbersome UIs from ports.  

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings: War in the North Trailer
5. Re: The Lord of the Rings: War in the North Trailer Apr 1, 2011, 10:12 Elessar

Rockn-Roll wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 18:14:
That has got to the be worst sound mix ever in a game trailer. I could not understand anything they were saying until I turned the volume way up.
I didn't have to turn my volume up at all to hear what they were saying and my volume is set to a pretty low level.

I didn't think the trailer was nearly as bad as how you all were painting it. It's not mindblowing by any means, but it certainly looked okay. I'm on the fence about whether I'm fully interested in this or not, so I'll wait to hear how it plays, but this trailer wasn't a turn off.

News Comments > Hawken Gameplay Trailer
19. Re: Hawken Gameplay Trailer Mar 31, 2011, 15:01 Elessar

True, it's definitely less sim and more action. But I guess I would go that route to explain why it's not a mech game and not talk about how the hud determines that. Technically, MW is a FPS with an overlay too. It just happens to be a lot more intricate which makes it a mech sim.  

17. Re: Hawken Gameplay Trailer Mar 31, 2011, 14:11 Elessar

Razumen wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 14:01:
"Mech-themed" is right. As cool as this looks, and I will undoubtedly enjoy it upon release, It's evident from the gameplay videos that it's really just UT with jet packs, mech player models and a cockpit overlay thrown on for good measure.

Definitely not a true mech game.
Any mech game can be classified that way.

If creating mech builds and what not is how you would further classify it as a mech game, then you should know there was talk of that being a possibility.

14. Re: Hawken Gameplay Trailer Mar 31, 2011, 12:32 Elessar

StreetPreacher wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 12:27:
Another quick update. I thought I saw a strong Maschinen Krieger influence in the design (that's a GOOD thing!), and I see from the Kotaku article that that's very intentional. AWESOME!
I didn't know what to call the visual style or who/what Maschinen Krieger is/was, but now I do. I've always been a fan of this sci-fi look. It's like a conglomerate of that industrial Star Wars look, with an Asian influence in a post-apocalyptic environment. So cool.

12. Re: Hawken Gameplay Trailer Mar 31, 2011, 12:22 Elessar

StreetPreacher wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 12:00:
Well that's what's great about them; if you don't like them, you don't have to use them! I remember one of the Unreal games used to report bots as players in the server browser, but hopefully that's been fixed and won't affect them.
I think this is what gave me a bitter taste about them. I was unsure if there were bots or not, because they'd disguise their names and only after playing for a few mins would you realize it. If they're easily distinguishable and avoidable, sure why not. Just as long as I don't have to play with the bastards.

6. Re: Hawken Gameplay Trailer Mar 31, 2011, 10:57 Elessar

StreetPreacher wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 10:54:
The sound designer is doing a Q&A over on Reddit

And devs if you're out there - PLEASE include bot support!
Ack! I hate bots. I mean, they're alright for some solo practice sessions, but I always hated it when they appeared on UT servers. It just makes the online competitive atmosphere feel so fake. When I go online to fight, I want to fight against people with a brain, that will make unpredictable moves and for accuracy/inaccuracy to be natural, not scripted.

2. Re: Hawken Gameplay Trailer Mar 31, 2011, 10:47 Elessar

nin wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 10:37:
Stunning looking.
Was just coming here to say the same thing. Visually and audibly that was just awesome. The gameplay seemed fun too. I was a little worried at first that it was just going to be a circle strafe-fest, but the weapon variety and vertical map design made it a bit more dynamic. I'm definitely keeping an eye on this.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Trailer
7. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 30, 2011, 12:25 Elessar

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 30, 2011, 11:56:
Now there is a quicktime event fistfight? Are you kidding me? What happened to the old school Battlefield series developers?

You know, the ones who rightly thought it was AWESOME to crash your jet into a tank, leap out at the last second, shoot the engineers as they jump out of the tank to repair, then steal that tank and drive off, laughing maniacally?

Cursed EA influence.
You're entirely confusing and mixing SP demonstrations with your former BF multiplayer experiences. While I too don't care for scripted SP campaigns, I'm not judging BF3 as a whole based on these videos. Consider them tech demos for how the multiplayer will look and feel. Your complaints aren't really relevant to the video. When they show an MP video and you disagree with stuff in that, then these gripes are applicable.

News Comments > Gearbox on DNF Delay, Demo, DLC
7. Re: Gearbox on DNF Delay, Demo, DLC Mar 25, 2011, 12:06 Elessar

Wolfen wrote on Mar 25, 2011, 11:36:
No mod tools? In a engine that is highly geared towards modding? Pfft. Weak.
He said they're busy making the game. It has to exist before mods are released and he even said he likes the idea of them down the road. So they haven't ruled it out. So no need to get your panties twisted, yet.

News Comments > Lead and Gold Free Weekend; Free DLC; Sale
2. Re: Lead and Gold Free Weekend; Free DLC; Sale Mar 24, 2011, 16:47 Elessar

It was just okay. I tried it on a free weekend and had some fun, but didn't really feel compelled to buy it. If you like class based shooters, your money would be better spent on Monday Night Combat imo.  

News Comments > The First Templar Date, Trailer
9. Re: The First Templar Date, Trailer Mar 24, 2011, 10:34 Elessar

I'm sorry, but that looked terrible. As someone pointed out on another site, look at 0:56, when she goes into the animation to flip over that guy, all the NPCs stop what they're doing, stand up straight and watch her go into the animation sequence. Too funny.  

News Comments > On PC Deus Ex: Human Revolution
32. Re: On PC Deus Ex: Human Revolution Mar 24, 2011, 10:29 Elessar

Acleacius wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 22:51:
PC development fail.
Given the choice of having a development team co-develop the console version along with the PC version or have a dedicated team to each platform, I'd hope for the latter. Especially considering so many devs consider consoles to be the main platform and the PC version is an afterthought. In this case a full team is dedicated to make sure PC mechanics are in place and working well. I understand that's no guarantee, but it improves our chances. So I don't get why anyone would be entirely negative about this.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Delayed Until June
13. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Delayed Until June Mar 24, 2011, 10:12 Elessar

hubricide wrote on Mar 24, 2011, 09:50:
I am actually surprised at this, but in hindsight I shouldn't be surprised at all. Perhaps DNF truly never will be released. It seems fitting, somehow..

I'd enjoy seeing it, but maybe the universe has simply moved on and Duke Nukem shall always exist only in the 90s. But no, NO, it must be released. It must.

If DN is a joke, let it be a joke because DNF released and it wasn't popular, or because people thought DN was somehow amusing, not because DNF never released.. IT MUST RELEASE
Duke Nukem Fornever man. Fornever.

This announcement was hilarious, but I'm honestly starting to feel like we're standing at the car door to get in and each time we reach for the handle, they pull up 10 feet... for the 165th time! Eventually, I bet they're just going to drive off laughing forever. It would almost be poetic if this never came out.

News Comments > New WoW Flying Mount for Sale Nears
9. Re: New WoW Flying Mount for Sale Nears Mar 23, 2011, 15:14 Elessar

The Advocate wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 13:01:
AnointedSword wrote on Mar 23, 2011, 00:50:
Also, what have you guys done for Japan?

What has Japan done for me?
You honestly need to get something in return to help people who are suffering? Blank

News Comments > Blizzard: Diablo III Could Cannibalize WoW
8. Re: Blizzard: Diablo III Could Cannibalize WoW Mar 21, 2011, 11:18 Elessar

Odd and copious use of the word cannibalize. Customers are not to be eaten, find better PR phrasing, douche.

WoW and D3 will be similar only in that there are talents, abilities, leveling, etc... all standard fair rpg shit. So that's obvious. By the time D3 comes out in 2017, my guess is there will be less people transferring from WoW and more people who don't play WoW at all or have since retired it.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month
42. Re: Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month Mar 19, 2011, 12:41 Elessar

DG wrote on Mar 19, 2011, 11:15:
Anyone know if this DLC will take place after the end, or will I need to start a new game in order to trigger this somewhere in the middle?
I've read speculation that this takes place post suicide mission, bridging the gap between ME2 and ME3. Still trying to get a sure answer myself.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month
39. Re: Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month Mar 19, 2011, 01:21 Elessar

Elessar wrote:
Whoa, such a touchy person. There's nothing wrong with griping and I've never indicated it's the greatest thing on the planet. But judging from how much you overreact about everything (that I've seen), I can understand why you'd interpret my impression of the game as such.
Creston wrote:
Yeah yeah yeah, blablabla. You're the one that began whining because I voiced a concern about ME 3's dev time, labeled it "griping", and now that I've called you out on it, you're acting like a hurt little bitch by calling me touchy. Sorry we don't all share your blind devotion to a developer there, buddy.
LOL. I assure you, you have not hurt my feelings. Watching how quickly you decline into such a ridiculous, unnecessary rage is sad.

The funny thing is once you explained your gripes, I somewhat agreed. But you're so defensive you make any chance of reasonable debate impossible.

Your claims about me being a shill are laughable. I already explained in this very thread I don't like DA1, which is a Bioware game. I don't care for their other games other than Mass Effect either. Not that they're bad, but their not my thing. So take your own advice and quit making assumptions.

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2011, 01:52.

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo