Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Elessar

Real Name Elessar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Elessar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2008, 21:53
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 46094

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New Steam Greenlight Approvals
3. Re: New Steam Greenlight Approvals Nov 30, 2012, 16:23 Elessar

Aww, no MaK. This makes me sad.  

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Expansion Next Month
10. Re: Battlefield 3 Expansion Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 15:08 Elessar

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 13:02:
And I have terrible performance issues on Planetside 2, below 20fps in largish battles with everything on LOW, never above 30-40 in "normal" not even 30 people battles.

AMD Phenom 2 X6 1090T on a 670GTX and 16GB Ram.. and this game runs like crap. Either I have hit an engine bug, or they optimized this game with bribe money from Intel instead of an actual coder optimizing it for 6 core cpu's.. by the way, I am above their updated recommended specs.

20fps in a battle, is instant uninstall for me. So I tried, I uninstalled, epic fail.

That's unfortunate, cause you're missing out on a helluva game.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 12, 2012, 12:48 Elessar

Quinn wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 07:12:
I cant believe people pay Ä60,- for CoD:BO2. You can get it for Ä33,- at WOWHD.

People are crazy.

I see it for Ä40 ($51) on there now, wonder if the price went up. How are they able to offer these so cheap, do they just sell keys and are they reputable?

News Comments > Star Citizen Multiplayer Details
28. Re: Star Citizen Multiplayer Details Nov 12, 2012, 12:42 Elessar

It's not the lack of faith, but the doubt in this thread that's a bummer. The guy (and his team) has $4+ million to work with now + whatever millions he already has. I think there's every reason to believe this game will amount to some, if not great, success. I'm personally looking forward to it and the lack of SP news isn't that discouraging for me, but that's just personal preference.  

News Comments > Distance Kickstarter
18. Re: Distance Kickstarter Oct 25, 2012, 12:19 Elessar

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 11:40:
Just what the world needs, another racing game /sarcasm
Right, because there aren't a slew of games in other genres, amirite?

Seriously, this little demo looked awesome. Both in art direction and implementation. I loved Blur because of how different of a racer it was. I may just have to back this if it turns out to be as unique as it first looks.

News Comments > No Terraforming in SimCity
41. Re: No Terraforming in SimCity Oct 12, 2012, 16:37 Elessar

ASeven wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 20:33:
So, no modtools, always online, a lot of multiplayer content, tons of DLC, no terraforming, limited 2km x 2km size for cities.
It's weird. I see people cite these issues as gamestoppers all of the time. None of these things bother me at all as I'll be busy having fun playing game, which is ultimately what matters to me.

News Comments > Dishonored Reviews
41. Re: Dishonored Reviews Oct 8, 2012, 13:00 Elessar

Yakubs wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 11:27:
Creston wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 11:26:
Yakubs wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 10:34:
Deus Ex: HR being a recent example.

Funny, I'd say DE:HR was one of the best games ever made.

Creston

You're fortunate to have that kind of taste.

Plus, you should really say it's one of your favorite games of all time. Claiming it's one of the best games ever made when it's clearly not is either disingenuous or egotistical.
So if he put IMO at the end of his "claim" you would have been okay with it? Dude, it goes without saying that these are our opinions. There's so much other stuff to debate you're going to seriously nitpick whether a guy is claiming he thinks a game is the best ever? Of course it's his opinion dipshit.

News Comments > On Black Ops 2 PC Servers & Security
22. Re: On Black Ops 2 PC Servers & Security Oct 1, 2012, 11:50 Elessar

RailWizard wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 12:23:
Beamer wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 11:58:
El Pit wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 02:38:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 21:11:
spindoctor wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 13:00:
You canít rent a dedicated server; theyíre just free for your use.

This seems odd. Treyarch would rather pay for every single dedicated server in the world instead of just letting users rent them from GSPs? What could be the reason behind this?

So they can kill the servers when it's time for you to buy BO3.

My thoughts exactly. You want multiplayer after the release of the next CoD? Well, buy our new game because we're taking the servers for the old game offline.

Have we ever had a person here actively playing a game that got taken offline?
It's always several-years-old sports games and games no one purchased. If you take down what people do play they won't buy the next one, like a dog that's been kicked. For all of EAs crap, at least they do wait until no one plays a game.

Why the fuck are you always apologizing for every thing the game industry does? Do you fucking work for EA or something? Activision? WTF is your malfunction here fucknuts? You look around and like what you see? Are you really that fucking shallow and easy to please? If so, please DO fuck off and allow people with actual feelings to discuss this shit. FUCK OFF!
Could you be any more of a drama queen? Same for the people you're defending. Just because he doesn't by into the circle jerk on hating publishers because "WAHH they're gonna take down your servers to make you buy new versions". This rarely happens and if it ever has, it's barely relevant. Seems like you all just take pleasure in making shit up to get mad about.

News Comments > Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches
19. Re: Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches Sep 26, 2012, 13:38 Elessar

Will do, thanks for the advice!  

17. Re: Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches Sep 26, 2012, 13:03 Elessar

MajorD wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 12:33:
There is a pretty sweet looking HD Texture mod in the works for Thief Gold by Bentraxx. It is supposed to be released 4th quarter of this year. I am chomping at the bit, as Thief/Thief Gold has never looked so beautiful.
When I was younger I dabbled in the Thief games a bit, but never fully committed to them. With these new patches and the link you provided about the original getting a texture pack, I'm debating trying them out again. If I wanted to, could I just jump into Thief 2 or would I be missing out on some story from 1?

9. Re: Thief 2, System Shock 2, and Homeworld 2 Unofficial Patches Sep 26, 2012, 12:15 Elessar

nin wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 10:58:
Wow!

Is this a high-res thief 2 shot? If so, I may have to get onboard with this.

News Comments > Mark of the Ninja Confirmed for Steam: No GFWL
5. Re: Mark of the Ninja Confirmed for Steam: No GFWL Sep 24, 2012, 15:21 Elessar

Played the 360 demo and thought it was a fantastic platformer, with tight controls and slick gameplay. I held off because of the PC rumors, so I'm stoked to hear about this. I'm definitely getting it on Steam.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Sneak Peak
13. Re: Diablo III Patch Sneak Peak Sep 13, 2012, 15:48 Elessar

Darks wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 15:35:
Iím sick to death of how lousy the loot drops are in the game. You would think after killing Diablo on inferno mode with three other players that there would be some good drops. But when you see a level 58 item drop or even when a level 63 items does drop and you id it and its got shit stats on it. Thatís where the frustration sets in and you just say fuck this game. This is where Blizzard is failing their users and why people are at the point of no return and saying fuck you Blizzard, we have had enough.

The lack of good loot and epic items dropping has killed this game for many. Blizz just keeps screwing with the game but they are fixing all the wrong things. They are blinded by their own obsession and completely fail to listen to the users.
This is precisely why I gave up on D3. The patch notes had a bunch of great stuff, but what they fail to realize is, as long as the loot drops consistently blow, players will feel unrewarded and move on to other games. Pretty basic concept that they just don't get.

News Comments > Steam Big Picture Mode Preview; Trailer
8. Re: Steam Big Picture Mode Preview; Trailer Sep 10, 2012, 14:00 Elessar

Riker wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 13:25:
I mentioned this in yesterday's thread, but I'm planning on trying this out using AirParrot ($10, airparrot.com) with my Apple TV, and an Xbox 360 wireless controller for Windows.
Will be interested to see how this works out for you.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Next Month
25. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 11:43 Elessar

WarpCrow wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 10:55:
InBlack wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 10:20:
I tried GW2 at my store today. Aside from the pretty graphics it plays and feels exactly like WoW. Somehow I thought it was going to be more Diablo-esque. Oh well.

I'm not sure how you got that impression. They're utterly different games in many ways; they just happen to belong to the same genre. It's a bit like saying BF3 and CoD feel exactly the same because they're both multiplayer FPS with a leveling system and a similar setting.
Depends how you look at it. IMO, they're very similar because they're very loot driven. I'll enjoy both over time because of their differences, but I do think releasing a diablo-like item hunt game at the same time a major item hunt game is being released wasn't such a good idea.

News Comments > Gotham City Impostors Goes Free-to-Play
5. Re: Gotham City Impostors Goes Free-to-Play Aug 31, 2012, 11:36 Elessar

Tumbler wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 11:22:
Should be interesting to try this, downloading now.
Yep. I was always hesitant to buy, but now will gladly give it a try. Good move on their part imo.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 29, 2012, 16:52 Elessar

Creston wrote on Aug 29, 2012, 16:44:
I love how everyone who is positive about Windows 8 basically says "With some work, you can make it almost like Windows 7!"

I already HAVE Windows 7. Why would I spend 40 bucks and extra effort to then wind up with something approximating Windows 7?

Windows 8 is going to be Microsoft's biggest flop yet.

Creston
I'm sticking with Windows 7 too. And I hope 8 flops. Splintering the PC segment even more and causing more disparity is just silly to me. All so they can have this shitty metro interface plastered everywhwere. Ugh.

News Comments > BF3 Armored Kill Next Month
7. Re: BF3 Armored Kill Next Month Aug 28, 2012, 14:09 Elessar

RailWizard wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 21:00:
I did actually grab premium just cuz I felt invested in BF3 already. I also have zero plans to buy bf4, especially since it's just more of the same.

All I have to say is the next 3 dlc better be good, because CQ is fucking shit. Either way, last DICE product, ever.

I wanted to buy CQ but held out because I hadn't heard much about it. They're doing a terrible job of marketing and integrating bf3 dlc. PS3 gets it first, then premium users on other platforms, then the public release. Then you're lucky to find servers depending on which DLC at a what time you want to play it. Armrored Kill is going to make Close Quarters even more obsolete and so will each successive DLC release.

So instead I spent 15 bucks on CS:GO and have thoroughly enjoyed it for the money spent.

News Comments > Hawken Oculus Rift Support
2. Re: Hawken Oculus Rift Support Aug 27, 2012, 15:26 Elessar

I can't think of a better application for something like the Oculus. Man I hope this all works out.  

News Comments > Dark Souls Resolution Hack
3. Re: Dark Souls Resolution Hack Aug 24, 2012, 12:36 Elessar

Makes you wonder why they didn't just bake this into the game. Looking forward to trying it.  

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo