Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Elessar

Real Name Elessar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Elessar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2008, 21:53
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 46094

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
164. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 16:23 Elessar

Fuckin A... I'm amazed so many people are bitching about the persistent connection. Maybe I'm just crazy, but real money being used in the AH for gold/items is WAY more important of an issue here.  

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features
31. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 29, 2011, 16:24 Elessar

yuastnav wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 15:10:
They want to make fun of me? They can shove it.
Yes, Gearbox's sole purpose in life is to make fun of people like you and get you in a tizzy. They win.

15. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 29, 2011, 12:18 Elessar

yuastnav wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 12:02:
Elessar wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 11:21:
[...] As a PC gamer, I appreciate the changes. [...]

Are you for real? D:
Don't read so much into it. I'm taking it at face value and I appreciate when any big developer implements features the PC community desires. Hell, I never really intended to play DNF based on negative reviews, but acting like ungrateful smartasses won't get you what you want in the future. Like Verno said, I can't see how this is a negative. I can see possibly being apathetic, but beyond that I think you're just being whiny.

Beelzebud wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 12:12:
It's good news for PC Gamers if you like begging for scraps.
You can either choose to accept and understand this is the way things have been for a while and move on... or you can be spiteful and never move on.

8. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 29, 2011, 11:21 Elessar

ASeven wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 10:34:
Too little too late.
Never happy. As a PC gamer, I appreciate the changes. Unfortunately it's spite like yours that's probably heard more.

Would have been nice if they were available at release, but at least they're addressing concerns.

News Comments > New Battlefield 3 Details
37. Re: New Battlefield 3 Details Jul 8, 2011, 12:22 Elessar

Sepharo wrote on Jul 7, 2011, 22:42:
Oh I guess it was already in BF2 Project Reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLSrITIaCFU
Anti Sniper mechanics! Love it. This should curtail a proned sniper from cleaning house when nested somewhere hard to reach. Toss a few shots up his way and then run cover to cover. I'm really like the idea of this so far.

News Comments > New Minecraft Beta
10. Re: New Minecraft Beta Jul 1, 2011, 13:17 Elessar

Fibrocyte wrote on Jul 1, 2011, 07:20:
The core game is very lackluster. Sure, it's interesting for a short period of time but quickly grows boring - even when played with others.

I guess the mod community has done some nice things but I haven't tried them, yet. I may not just because I can't see Minecraft ever being more than mildly entertaining.
Thousands of people would like to disagree with you. Myself included. Different strokes for different folks I suppose, but I think calling Minecraft boring is crazy.

If you guys can't get excited over neat new features like Pistons, then Minecraft clearly isn't for you. Otherwise y'all just sound needy. Games aren't supposed to be easymode. It's quirks like having to coordinate sleeping at night that gives games flavor. Which frankly seems to have gone down the shitter over the last few years. Regenerating health is an example of that. I'm not saying games should be entirely clunky and quirky, but they shouldn't be easy/convenient like the majority of console games out there, either.

News Comments > PC LIMBO Plans
1. Re: PC LIMBO Plans Jul 1, 2011, 13:08 Elessar

Beautiful and awesome game. Will be a nice addition to PC gaming.  

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Will Be F2P, Gameplay Trailer
16. Re: Tribes Ascend Will Be F2P, Gameplay Trailer Jun 27, 2011, 18:18 Elessar

I get how information like this can lower levels of expectations or create skepticism, but the drastic tossing the hands up in the air exclaiming that you're not buying it anymore is a bit childish imo.  

News Comments > Minecraft Adventure Update Pushed Back, Full Release Delay Probable
13. Re: Minecraft Adventure Update Pushed Back, Full Release Delay Probable Jun 27, 2011, 17:27 Elessar

Verno wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 12:57:
Honestly, I never know where to start with user generated stuff in Minecraft, it's like a labyrinth. There are so many client side and server mods then stuff that works with X but not with Y and so on. Have they developed any standards yet like the Bethesda communities tend to or are they just waiting for the mod tools from Mojang?
This is also why I don't bother with all the mods either. Maybe when the mod api is released and it's easier to plug stuff in I'll give user mods a shot. I think once that's released we'll see a lot more organization to user content. Or at least I hope!

That said, I am pretty stoked about official Pistons getting released this Thurs.

News Comments > First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks
13. Re: First Brink DLC to be Free for Two Weeks Jun 24, 2011, 17:23 Elessar

SectorEffector wrote on Jun 24, 2011, 15:20:
worst pre-order mistake I've made yet.
Same here and never again (or at least until high anticipation for a game blinds my judgement and I do it again!)

News Comments > Black Death Announced
2. Re: Black Death Announced Jun 24, 2011, 10:53 Elessar

I was missing Sean Bean and I watched the Black Death movie the other night for that very reason! It wasn't a great movie, but decent imo. I half expected this game to be based on the movie.  

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings: War in the North Beleram Trailer
2. Re: The Lord of the Rings: War in the North Beleram Trailer Jun 23, 2011, 15:51 Elessar

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 23, 2011, 10:42:
Those have to be some of the most awkward running animations I have ever seen. Meanwhile, running with a sword right in front of your face is probably the oldey times equivalent to smoking while pumping gas.
Wow. To think I was looking foward to this, but you point out some pretty glaring ugliness. The human character animations are absolutely terrible.

News Comments > Windows L.A. Noire This Fall
37. Re: Windows L.A. Noire This Fall Jun 23, 2011, 15:43 Elessar

I'm with the others. RDR please! I'm surprised they skipped that for the PC and yet LA Noire was a candidate. Odd.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Physical Warfare Pack to Eventually be Free for All
38. Re: Battlefield 3 Physical Warfare Pack Will Eventually be Free for All Jun 17, 2011, 11:12 Elessar

Blues hivemind. If "we" like it, stfu and buy it or gtfo you baby. If "we" don't like it, you're an imbecile for buying it.

Don't get me wrong, I contribute to this, I just find it amusing.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Announced
10. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Announced Jun 16, 2011, 13:45 Elessar

Omni wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 13:41:
omgomg MORE DLC!!!!1

fuck me senseless bring back the old days...
Just fucking absurd at this point. But can you blame them? They make tons of money off this shit. It's just mind boggling.

News Comments > DNF Review Dust Up
30. Re: DNF Review Dust Up Jun 15, 2011, 11:58 Elessar

DanL wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 11:15:
Elessar wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 10:58:
It's one thing that people use that word figuratively, but to bring up a mentally challenged kid to make a comparison for a video game is incredibly lame. You can't think of a better way to make your point that you have to resort to that?
Oh please, cut out the PC crap. Stolk was spot on. I played the game, and found it unexpectedly fun. I wouldn't nominate it for game of the year, but its not terrible.
It's not a matter of being PC, it's a matter of not being an inconsiderate ass. It's just unnecessary to make the point is all I'm saying. You probably would have agreed with his opinion of the game regardless.

News Comments > DNF Review Dust Up
16. Re: DNF Review Dust Up Jun 15, 2011, 10:58 Elessar

Stolk wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 10:40:
Trying to determine the quality of Duke Nukem Forever is like trying to determine the intelligence of a retarded child. I don't know how to come up with a score. I played for about 5 hours last night and had many negative feelings about things in the game, yet still somehow managed to have fun.
It's one thing that people use that word figuratively, but to bring up a mentally challenged kid to make a comparison for a video game is incredibly lame. You can't think of a better way to make your point that you have to resort to that?

To the article... He was a douche but he also apologized. He deserves some of the flack he's getting, but it seems he realizes that opinions are opinions and he can't control them. Hopefully they make a better game next time, then he doesn't have to deal with negative reviews and we get the Duke we've been truly waiting for.

News Comments > BF3 Campaign Around 6-10 Hours
35. Re: BF3 Campaign Around 6-10 Hours Jun 10, 2011, 11:11 Elessar

Teddy wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 22:35:
No, it is NOT a multiplayer game. You may prefer that side of it, but this is being built, marketed and sold as a single player AND multiplayer game. People have every right to expect a reasonble single player experience from a game that's being sold as such. Telling them they shouldn't because YOU prefer multiplayer, or because YOU think the single player component is unimportant is just plain stupid.
Historically, BF has always been about multiplayer. This is what the fanbase has come to expect, which is why you'll see the majority of BF fans not giving a shit about SP. Myself included.

News Comments > Respawn Making Sci-fi Shooter
10. Re: Respawn Making Sci-fi Shooter Jun 9, 2011, 09:56 Elessar

Would love to see something along the lines of 2142, but in a modern CoD/BF engine. Gritty Sci-Fi like District 9.  

News Comments > Alice: Madness Returns Trailers
2. Re: Alice: Madness Returns Trailers Jun 3, 2011, 11:32 Elessar

Ditto. I'm looking quite forward to this.  

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo