Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Elessar

Real Name Elessar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Elessar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2008, 21:53
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 46094

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Civilization V Game of the Year Edition This Month
3. Re: Civilization V Game of the Year Edition This Month Sep 14, 2011, 12:38 Elessar

Geez, it's like the Sims and it's countless expansions... Civ V: Emperor Pets!  

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Six Blizzard Releases Expected Over Three Years [Updated]
17. Re: Six Blizzard Releases Expected Over Three Years Sep 9, 2011, 10:18 Elessar

Still can't believe the real money bullshit they're introducing with D3. It's amazing how much corporate greed has completely transformed Blizzard. Some of their products still interest me, but only because of nostalgia. I'm not nearly as psyched about any of these releases as I used to be.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Beta Has "Hundreds" of Changes from Alpha
32. Re: Battlefield 3 Beta Has Sep 7, 2011, 16:20 Elessar

Respen wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 15:27:
Elessar wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 12:32:
Respen wrote on Sep 6, 2011, 23:18:
These things are not part of the core game play, which I'm not going to get into; They do, however, have an impact on the experience. Unreal Tournament 3's interface was the feature most people attributed to it's failure... at least it HAD an interface.

Okay... so THAT was a bit of a /nerdrage. DIAF Elessar.
So you address my argument with people boycotting a game solely for non-core gameplay component annoyances by complaing about non-core gameplay components. Odd.

And DIAF, really? We're resorting to that level of childishness now?

If I have a criticism about any part of a game that otherwise had me interested, yes, I'm going to voice it and I hope others do the same. If I ate shit with a smile and said "yum" I'm sure I'd be served the same again and again. I'd prefer not to eat shit. I'm not going to get into semantics with you.. it's part of the game.

Childishness? Yeah, I'm deffinatley the one who opened that can of worms here. Sometimes it's called for, and honestly what do you expect? You've contributed nothing, you are an annoying twit that came here to troll, and I'll treat you as such. I hope Battlefield 3 is everything you ever dreamed a game could be and you enjoy playing it.
Still with the name calling I see. It's never really called for, you just decided to stoop that low. Sorry I got you all worked up, you're clearly far more passionate and defensive than I thought you'd be. Your short post didn't give me much to go by initially, it just looked like another senseless raging complaint. And you're right, I didn't necessarily "contribute" anything, but neither do the majority of the posts here. We're all just talking (or arguing) about games, so that's sort of a pointless/desparate thing to bring up.

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 2011, 17:04.

29. Re: Battlefield 3 Beta Has Sep 7, 2011, 12:32 Elessar

Respen wrote on Sep 6, 2011, 23:18:
These things are not part of the core game play, which I'm not going to get into; They do, however, have an impact on the experience. Unreal Tournament 3's interface was the feature most people attributed to it's failure... at least it HAD an interface.

Okay... so THAT was a bit of a /nerdrage. DIAF Elessar.
So you address my argument with people boycotting a game solely for non-core gameplay component annoyances by complaing about non-core gameplay components. Odd.

And DIAF, really? We're resorting to that level of childishness now?

19. Re: Battlefield 3 Beta Has Sep 6, 2011, 14:47 Elessar

Respen wrote on Sep 6, 2011, 14:05:
Unless the changes involve an in game server browser instead of the god aweful web based one and preferably steam support I'm not interested. It's sad that bad decisions and politics have ruined this game for me, but they have.
It's sad that you put so much merit into some outside components of a game, that you're not even willing to see if the GAME itself is any good or not. I could understand if the game was shit, but unless you've played the alpha/beta, you would have no way of knowing. So you're solely basing this off of how bad you think Origin and the server browser may be. That's just being ignorant to rage about something.

11. Re: Bulletstorm Using GFWL [Updated] Sep 6, 2011, 13:44 Elessar

Vektuz wrote on Sep 6, 2011, 12:32:
Kind of pointless though, since its on Origin and requires Origin to even run. Pretty much everyone I know has already written this game off as a skip because of that. DICE should get away from EA and go back to endlessly rewriting the same pinball game over and over again.
Wait, so if it wasn't on Origin, you and pretty much all of the people you know would have been all over it, BUT since it's on Origin it's a the same old boring BF?

The notion you're boycotting it because of an annoying game service is one thing, but then your contradiction puts your childish standpoint over the edge.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Physical Warfare Pack Trailer
12. Re: Battlefield 3 Physical Warfare Pack Trailer Sep 2, 2011, 15:57 Elessar

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 2, 2011, 14:20:
Bottom line is that if this is how EA intends to dethrone CoD in this genre, they need to smarten the hell up and not piss off their fans the closer the game is to release. This was a day one purchase for me because BF is a great series but the more information they release, the further off my radar it becomes.
The sheer stupidity and lack of awareness of this is mind boggling. EA/DICE could easily have BURIED CoD in the PC market, yet they continue to get in their own way. I don't know if it's out of stubborness or if they honestly think they'll make more money with their methods, but all they had to do was pay attention just a little and they'd have a sure thing. Now it's up in the air for a lot of the people that were ready to fork over cash immediately.

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2011, 16:37.

News Comments > Call of Duty XP Livestream, MW3 Multiplayer Debut Trailer
5. Re: Call of Duty XP Livestream, MW3 Multiplayer Debut Trailer Sep 2, 2011, 15:49 Elessar

It's amazing how much better BF3 looks than this. I get they're both modern day shooters, but this looked so drab and boring compared to the variety and action of the BF3 trailers. Maybe they're just better at marketing or maybe there's just nothing really new to show.  

News Comments > Super Monday Night Combat Announced (Last Week)
5. Re: MNC Aug 29, 2011, 17:43 Elessar

Vektuz wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 12:25:
What killed the original MNC for me was simply the ridiculous lethality of the weapons. If I wanted an instadeath shooter I'd have played counterstrike of MW2. That kind of fast death reminded me of the old "sniper match levels" of team fortress classic (not tf2).

And I'm not talking just about the sniper class, every class in MNC could be killed in under 1 second, so once people learned how to play the game well, it became an incredibly fast twitch gank fest on all sides. I'm glad to hear they're considering changing this.
I had this problem with the game till it all started to click for me. Once I started focusing on surviving first and team objectives, did the pvp fall into place. I died less, killed more and helped the team out better once I stopped going against the grain and treating it like any other shooter. I'm stoked about the sequel, this aught to be good.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Using Steamworks
26. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Using Steamworks Aug 29, 2011, 17:38 Elessar

How is Origin crappy? I'm genuinely asking because I've yet to install it and I want to know what I'm getting myself into with BF3.  

News Comments > On Battlefield 3 Weapon Customization
19. Re: On Battlefield 3 Weapon Customization Aug 26, 2011, 11:53 Elessar

TurdFergasun wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 10:14:
so you realize it's a shitty deal, and if the issues are fully realized, supporting the bs will detrimental to the entire scene, but ya you're still hyped for it. you sir, are the problem. there's no trinket so dull that you wouldn't sell your soul just for a drooling glimpse.
Could you be any more absurd in your generalization? Your profile of me is completely inaccurate, which isn't a surprise since you've derived it from a very small post.

Some of it sounds shitty, but I'm not as intolerant and whiny as you are. So, depending on the situation, I try not to get caught up in how mad I am at a dev/publisher that I'd forgo what could be a good gaming experience.

News Comments > Portal Co-creator's Quantum Conundrum Revealed
16. Re: Portal Creator's Quantum Conundrum Revealed Aug 26, 2011, 09:54 Elessar

Fibrocyte wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 07:29:
To me, this game looks like it will be enjoyable.
Same here. I really like their art direction and it seems like it has some pretty neat atmosphere. I'll be keeping a look out for this one.

16. Re: On Battlefield 3 Weapon Customization Aug 26, 2011, 09:50 Elessar

Verno wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 08:41:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 00:30:
But seriously, the Origin system of games being removed from your account has changed this from being a day one purchase for me, to maybe 10-5 dollar bargain bin range. As it is, I am annoyed at having to time my previous, formerly non Origin EA games, to prevent them from suddenly ceasing to be usable(not counting cracks of course).

Nothing over the top over the complaints about BF3. Every successive announcement continually erodes my interest in the game. I'm basically reading about it at this point to see what other bad PR EA can dream up for it. I don't know how you have such a seemingly good game but surround by shit that the community hates. I saw a forum regular yesterday compare it negatively to MW3, bang up job EA marketing.

My friends have lost interest and are talking about getting MW3. Some of them had been talking about upgrading their PCs for BF3 but I don't hear that anymore. It's really a bummer, I was hoping this would be the game that everyone liked so that playing shit with people wouldn't be like doing musical chairs to the merengue.

EA is a really frustrating company. They can't just be happy with having a potential blockbuster on their hands, nope gotta fight Steam, cut off any mod potential, do this greedy hosted server shit and so on. Like Microsoft they want to monetize every aspect of the game and all of that shit really hurts what made BF1942 and BF2 such popular games in the first place.
I hear you and agree with pretty much all of your issues, but at the end of the day, I'm still pretty psyched to get into the game and play. It is mind boggling how they're seemingly sabotaging themselves though.

15. Re: On Battlefield 3 Weapon Customization Aug 26, 2011, 09:45 Elessar

Sepharo wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 02:23:
mag wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 01:56:
Oh, fucking Punkbuster. I bought a copy of BF2 this year, and I haven't been able to play a game yet for longer than 30 seconds.

That happens to me in Q3 occasionally. Just means you need to do the update manually by downloading from PB's website.
That and some older games consider the Steam Overlay to be some sort of hack so it boots you off the server. Happened all the time to me in COD4.

News Comments > Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives
34. Re: Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives Aug 23, 2011, 11:08 Elessar

I'm all for anything that bolsters PC gaming, but this just seems like a lame marketing ploy to rally PC gamers to spend money on their product. I'm not blaming them for marketing, but I do think they're being awfully sappy about it. If anything, this just perpetuates the "PC Gaming is dying" myth.  

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 To Feature Dedicated Server Support
19. Re: Modern Warfare 3 To Feature Dedicated Server Support Aug 17, 2011, 15:15 Elessar

Verno wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 13:45:
Tumbler wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 13:32:
Meh, I have the 360 and PS3 version set to come in from goozex. I think that is going to satisfy my needs as far as this game is concerned. I would be curious to try it on the PC but after buying CoD4 on a steam sale and finding it had no gamepad support I won't be spending money on this one to try it.

This is literally a facepalm icon in text format.
Facepalm indeed.

I really do hope BF3 outsells MW3 on the PC. There was some anecdotal preorder numbers some Gamestop guy was throwing out for the console version and MW3 was destroying BF3 in that regard. I can only hope PC gamers come through to send a message. That we will buy mass quantities of a product for the PC, if it's not recycled shit year in and year out. We're here, we're waiting, you just have to make a good product for us to bite big.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced
18. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced Aug 12, 2011, 15:03 Elessar

nin wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 13:24:
Bots, please!
Doesn't it feel cheap and artificial playing against bots? I get that there's AI in singleplayer games too, but when bots are plopped into an online competitive environment, it just feels so unsatisfying to me versus playing against a human opponent.

News Comments > Portal 2 Price Drop
14. Re: Portal 2 Price Drop Aug 9, 2011, 10:11 Elessar

|oR|jonvall wrote on Aug 9, 2011, 00:26:
Still $20 too high for me! Waiting for the winter Steam sale!
Silicon Avatar wrote on Aug 9, 2011, 01:07:
Yeah, I'm waiting for the $10 sale too.
It's worth more than $10 ya cheap bastids.

News Comments > Dungeons - The Dark Lord in September
5. Re: Dungeons - The Dark Lord in September Aug 4, 2011, 10:34 Elessar

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 3, 2011, 21:11:
More so a mystery then, how can you clone DK2 and think you can do it better by removing the main parts of it? That is of course building dungeons and defending them from hero incursions, conquering peaceful lands and making them full of gory pieces, torture chambers with iron maidens in iron maidens! and chickens!

Well, Dungeons has exactly 1 of these 4

That is sadly just the Chickens

Makes me sad ;(

Heck the flair of Dungeon Keeper to begin with was that you were NOT physically present, your heart was the dungeon, you were the dungeon. The mere existence of the dungeon was the player avatar. You could possess things like a true "overseer" but if that thing died you just grabbed a new one, or chicken!

Not to mention Dungeons is teen rated. what a utter waste of time
Thank you. Every now and then I have to be reminded why I should ignore Dungeons, even though it seems like it could be like DK, when clearly it isn't.

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
175. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 16:32 Elessar

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 16:25:
Elessar wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 16:23:
Fuckin A... I'm amazed so many people are bitching about the persistent connection. Maybe I'm just crazy, but real money being used in the AH for gold/items is WAY more important of an issue here.

It's kind of a shame they hit the same day as a double-whammy. They're both important issues to understand and debate.
True, but I'd expect people to have hashed out the persistent connection issues after SC2 and Ubisoft games started requiring it. It's not really new or surprising. Not like the real cash bullcrap. Particularly for Blizzard.

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo