Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Elessar

Real Name Elessar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Elessar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2008, 21:53
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 46094

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > WoW Real Money Trading
2. Re: WoW Real Money Trading Oct 11, 2011, 17:42 Elessar

Kythlyn wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 17:32:
WoW Real Money Auction House, coming soon to a server near you.
Anything that takes you and the community out of the game experience and into real world money transactions, I want no part of. This along with the Diablo 3 real money crap is completely disappointing. Greed begets lameness.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More on Scrolls Legal Battle
30. Re: More on Scrolls Legal Battle Oct 7, 2011, 10:10 Elessar

space captain wrote on Oct 6, 2011, 20:49:
its pretty close... seems retarded to think you can trademark one very generic word like "Scrolls"
panbient wrote on Oct 6, 2011, 20:37:
I think it's safe to say anyone who confuses Mojang for an Elder Scrolls game is functionally retarded and not likely able to install either piece of software.
Stupid, idiotic, moronic, foolish... did words like these lose their luster so much that people need to use retarded all the time now? Plenty of applicable adjectives where you don't have to potentially offend someone. Unless you're calling someone a moron directly, that is.

News Comments > Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Red Dead Redemption
47. Re: Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Dead Red Redemption Oct 6, 2011, 12:01 Elessar

Dev wrote on Oct 6, 2011, 11:22:
Beamer wrote on Oct 6, 2011, 11:08:
Odds are the engine was heavily modified and would take a bunch of work to get onto PCs. No other real reason why this would be the only one they skip.
necrosis wrote on Oct 6, 2011, 10:27:
So they are (possibly) releasing a game that has "meh" reviews and not one that has stellar reviews.

Logic is lost.
Or it could be the reason I mentioned, that they don't think they've milked it enough on consoles yet.
I hope this is the case. That leaves opportunity to keep milking until the teet is dry, then they can release it on PC. Hell, I've waited this long.

News Comments > Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Red Dead Redemption
44. Re: Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Dead Red Redemption Oct 6, 2011, 11:03 Elessar

Creston wrote on Oct 6, 2011, 00:26:
Well SHIT, Rockstar. The ONE frakking game of yours that SCREAMS for a PC version, both for the 9000000000000000000000000 times more powerful graphics and for being able to actually AIM, and you don't make a PC version of it.

I am disappoint.

Creston
Pretty much this. It makes not sense that they'd skip RDR and release stuff before and after it. It's almost like they're doing it on purpose to hurt me.

News Comments > Unlock RAGE Hi-Rez Textures
30. Re: Unlock RAGE Hi-Rez Textures Oct 5, 2011, 16:52 Elessar

Beelzebud wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 16:50:
What was once a very fun hobby has been mutated into a corporate controlled gang bang... And we're not the ones doing the banging.
Sad but true. Thankfully indies are still putting out fun titles, but corporatism has completely fucked this industry.

19. Re: Unlock RAGE Hi-Rez Textures Oct 5, 2011, 16:13 Elessar

Fion wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 16:08:
I'm using the fix on a card with 1.25gb of vram and have no issue with it (GTX 570 to be specific). Updated textures are 'much' improved but there are still some textures that are very very limited. Even without this Rage's graphics are astounding on the whole. With this fix, they are breath taking.
So even with "very very limited" textures, it's breathtaking? Limited textures and breathtaking visuals sounds conflicting to me. Are the items with limited textures not readily noticeable or something?

15. Re: Unlock RAGE Hi-Rez Textures Oct 5, 2011, 16:00 Elessar

Wait, so if they fix this auto balancing crap, we're still going to need 2+ gigs of VRAM to display better textures? I hope this is just an optimization issue and can be resolved. There's no reason something like a 1280mb GTX 570 shouldn't be able to display med-high texture settings for a game.

EDIT: So looking at the 3 example screenshots...

• 4k (what I consider to be low end) looks like shit
  • 5-6k (should be medium settings) looks like shit
  • 8k (high end) looks fantastic but requires at least 1.5gb of VRAM

• So what I'm gathering is regardless if their auto balance is working or not, if you don't have an obscene amount of dedicated VRAM, you won't see this game with decent textures? Where are the middle ground settings and visuals?

This comment was edited on Oct 5, 2011, 16:10.

News Comments > Scrolls Case Headed to Court
    27. Re: Scrolls Case Headed to Court Sep 28, 2011, 14:22 Elessar

^Drag0n^ wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 18:36:
    Look, I get it. Bethesda is concerned because the new Elder Scrolls game is coming out in November. But everyone just calls it Skyrim (not Scrolls)
    I think this is exactly the core of the issue and proves, yet again, that large companies are out of touch with the industry they belong to. I never even thought of Bethseda when I heard the word "Scrolls", it was either Morrowind, Oblivion and now Skyrim. The fact that they don't get that proves their disconnect. Notches openness during this whole process is the exact opposite. He gets it. Indie companies like that will always be liked because they're tapped into the community. Which I appreciate.

News Comments > Syndicate Reboot in February 2012
    14. Re: Syndicate Reboot in February 2012 Sep 28, 2011, 14:06 Elessar

Creston wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 12:43:
    nin wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 11:52:

Scroll through these and tell me it doesn't look like DX. Specifically shots 3 and 5...

Okay, that just makes me happy.

Creston
    Not only does it make me happy, it actually looks better than Dues Ex, visually.

News Comments > More on PC Arkham City
    3. Re: More on PC Arkham City Sep 27, 2011, 10:37 Elessar

All the gfwl and the delay BS aside, this is why I buy PC versions of games when I can. I can use a 360 controller for games that work well with it and have superior graphics displayed on my big screen TV. Choice is a wonderful thing.  

News Comments > IW on PC Modern Warfare 3
    1. Re: IW on PC Modern Warfare 3 Sep 27, 2011, 10:34 Elessar

You clearly stopped caring about PC gaming awhile ago, so kindly fuck off with your weak attempts to placate.  

News Comments > On PC Batman: Arkham City
    16. Re: On PC Batman: Arkham City Sep 26, 2011, 13:05 Elessar

Frijoles wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 13:03:
    My GFWL experience in the first Batman game:

Install Batman
    GFWL needs to be installed.
    Update GFWL
    Logout/Login
    Update GFWL
    Reboot
    Update GFWL
    Logout/Login
    Update GFWL
    Logout/Login
    Launch Batman

Yeah, fuck that. I just wanted to play a game.
    Yep that sucks, but Arkham Asylum's awesomeness far outweighs GFWL annoyances imo. So get past the bullshit and get into the game is all that really matters. Sucks that it has to be that way, but some games are worth it.

News Comments > On PC Batman: Arkham City
    6. Re: On PC Batman: Arkham City Sep 26, 2011, 12:18 Elessar

nin wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 11:47:
    Creston wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 11:36:
    I'm sure I would have, had you not saddled it with GfWL again...
    Creston
    Yep, I'll take the console version rather than dealing with GFMFW.
    I'm not a fan of GFWL, but I'm assuming we're all PC savvy enough to deal with such an annoyance. I've never really had that big an issue where it held me back from playing a game and I certainly won't let such a minor obstacle stop me from playing Arkham City.

News Comments > IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3
    59. Re: IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3 Sep 22, 2011, 13:05 Elessar

Ventura wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 11:57:
    McDonalds is massively popular the world over, would you take a date there for romantic meal?

If what you're after is a romantic meal with a date, then yeah, it's probably not the best spot to be.

But what if you're on your way home, don't have much time, want to grab something to eat at home, don't want to spend a lot and would prefer to not have to get out of the car?

Completely different ballgame now, isn't it?
    Right, which is why people are calling it a mindless game that sees Madden levels of repetitive content. That's what McD's is to the food world and that's what CoD is to gaming.

To repeat what others have said, just because something is popular, doesn't make it a quality product. It's a pretty basic concept.

News Comments > Diablo III Closed Beta Begins
    54. Re: Diablo III Closed Beta Begins Sep 21, 2011, 17:15 Elessar

Bhruic wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 22:35:
    Oh, please. This is an commercial exchange. They provide people with a game, people pay them money for the game. The degree to which I "lose out" by not playing is exactly equal to the amount to which they "lose out" by not receiving my money. Pretending that they are losing nothing is disingenuous.
    It's a matter of quantity. They'll still receive kajillions and you won't experience what will probably a decent if not good gaming experience, if you like this sort of thing. Trust me, you'll "notice" it more than Actiblizz if you don't buy/play. It's a drop in the ocean lost for them, it's hours for you. Sure there's other stuff to play, but relatively speaking you're getting the short end of the stick on this one if you wanted to play.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal
    32. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 13:42 Elessar

Verno wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 11:37:
    This! What the fuck happened to playing the damn game and coming across drops? Games are getting so bastardized now I can barely stand it. I want to get lost in the world the developers created, not log into fucking paypal to acquire a virtual fantasy sword. Anything that takes you out of a game, while you're playing, into the "real world" is a failure imo. I have nearly no interest in this game anymore. Not happy.

Well thankfully in this case it's easily ignored, you can even play on ladder with no RMT AH. I definitely agree with your sentiment though. I've been playing this JRPG Wii game using the Dolphin emulator recently and its so absurdly fun because its just one big immersive experience with no disruptions. No one asking me to pay for DLC, no e-shop items, no buying skins or all of that nonsense. It's just a cool world, good gameplay and an interesting story. Games need to get back to just being games instead of ATMs.
    That's actually really good to know about non-RMAH ladders.

Now that you mention Nintendo... aside from their constant re-releases, you gotta hand it to them. They generally release full gaming experiences. I can't think of too many games that have DLC packs. Take the Zeldas for instance. Full, long, immerssive gaming experiences.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal
    27. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 10:36 Elessar

Luke wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 03:40:
    As far as PvP balance goes, what difference does it make if you spend 3 weeks farming the best gear, or 12 minutes buying it?
    And so it begins......this "I don't wanna play for hours to get my gear , i wanna have it NOW i wanna buy it NOW "
    Just play the time it takes to get the gear instead of this behavior
    and if ya don't have the time to farm go play tetris
    Cheaters AH

This! What the fuck happened to playing the damn game and coming across drops? Games are getting so bastardized now I can barely stand it. I want to get lost in the world the developers created, not log into fucking paypal to acquire a virtual fantasy sword. Anything that takes you out of a game, while you're playing, into the "real world" is a failure imo. I have nearly no interest in this game anymore. Not happy.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Trailer
    30. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Sep 14, 2011, 17:39 Elessar

Cutter wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 14:58:
    Yeah, I'm saddened that's it's not the classic noire of the original. I'll take a wait and see approach however.
    I'm with you on this one. I think people are just enamored with the Max Payne title and music, for a good reason, but this seems generic to me otherwise.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon
    18. Re: Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon Sep 14, 2011, 17:02 Elessar

Anyone know if there are any different game modes? The previous installment was sort of like a sandbox racer which was very fun. But aside from some GUI improvements and a new setting, I'm not sure what's different?

Edit: Here's some info I found on the difference in mechanics...

"As someone who spent far too much time with Trackmania Forever's Stadium environment and F1 inspired cars, getting use to Canyon's new handling system takes some time. Vehicles in previous iterations always held a hefty weight -- as if all four wheels were planted firmly to the road -- which gave them a sense of durability and solidity that typified Forever's style.

Canyon holds its own identity though, and cars are far more agile than they have been before; they're light, nimble, and they still offer a satisfying sense of traction with the tarmac. They're also top heavy and prone to toppling over in inexperienced hands. It's a welcome trade-off though, as with vehicles now lighter, Trackmania 2 is a much faster game, and vehicles always feel like they're only just under control, and could spin out at any moment."

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 2011, 17:10.

News Comments > Minecraft 1.8 Live
    2. Re: Minecraft 1.8 Live Sep 14, 2011, 12:42 Elessar

Same here. I put a bunch of hours into it awhile ago, but I think I'm still going to try and hold off for them to fully implement the adventure components. You can gain experience and level up but it has no purpose at the moment. Still, very cool direction they're going in.  

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 8.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo