Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Elessar

Real Name Elessar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Elessar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2008, 21:53
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 46094

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA Investigating TDR Issues
13. Re: NVIDIA Investigating TDR Issues Oct 31, 2011, 11:34 Elessar

Morgan19 wrote on Oct 31, 2011, 11:01:
Your Google-Fu is greater than mine.

Not Google-Fu, but first-hand experience. =P Having had the issue for over a month, I've been (fruitlessly) looking into solutions for just as long.

Glad to see an attempt is finally being made to resolve it... Hopefully.
Same here. Just picked up a GTX 570 and was getting timeout errors in certain games regularly. Funny enough, I noticed it happened more when I extended my desktop to another monitor. When I went into single display mode, it was much more stable. Either way, I'm glad this was acknowledged and I hope they get their shit together.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard's BlizzCon Apology
39. Re: Blizzard's BlizzCon Apology Oct 28, 2011, 14:22 Elessar

*edit* Nevermind. Withdrawing from this debate.

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2011, 14:28.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3
100. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 Oct 26, 2011, 12:20 Elessar

The game crashes every 10 mins or so when in MP games, so I can't really get enough time to enjoy it. Seems to be server related, because when it crashes for me, my friends usually crash shortly after. I'm going to let this cook for a bit and hopefully a patch will resolve these stability issues.  

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Artifacts of Power Released
10. Re: Orcs Must Die! Artifacts of Power Released Oct 26, 2011, 12:17 Elessar

Verno wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 09:18:
I'm not going to buy this DLC because its a pretty weak offering even for $3. The game itself is amazing though and the fact that a mediocre game like Dungeon Defenders is outselling is a crime.
Gotta admit I'm a little disappointed to see Robot Ent nickel and dime like this. It's a really good game, I'm surprised they're going this route. Especially since the game is $15 and is relatively short, adding a couple weaps/traps certainly was in the realm of being put in the initial release. Here's to hoping they have some substantial DLC down the road that introduces some new gameplay elements and/or maps.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Next Week
31. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Next Week Oct 25, 2011, 15:00 Elessar

Dmitri_M wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 14:30:
Elessar wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 14:02:
Dmitri_M wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 13:23:
Who gives a shit, utterly bored by this franchise.
I'm nuetral on the article topic, but shit like this is annoying and uncalled for. Do you enjoy raining on other people's parade? Apparently plenty of people give a shit, so you're not going to convince anyone, take your unnecessary negativity elsewhere.

RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION!
Succesfully defused. Thanks for the laugh.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Next Week
26. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Next Week Oct 25, 2011, 14:02 Elessar

Dmitri_M wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 13:23:
Who gives a shit, utterly bored by this franchise.
I'm nuetral on the article topic, but shit like this is annoying and uncalled for. Do you enjoy raining on other people's parade? Apparently plenty of people give a shit, so you're not going to convince anyone, take your unnecessary negativity elsewhere.

25. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 Oct 25, 2011, 12:24 Elessar

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 11:54:
StingingVelvet wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 11:48:
Giantbomb quicklook makes the campaign look flat-out embarrassing.
I am sure those guys will make the Modern Warfare 3 campaign look epic.
I played the first 30 mins of the campaign and it was far more engaging and fun than any MW campaign I've played.

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 Oct 25, 2011, 11:37 Elessar

javajeff wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 11:31:
I am going to pass. No battlefield game has equaled 1942. I may consider it on sale, but not as a full price new release.
You're going to pass because you're guessing a game you never played won't equal a previous game you played? Weird.

Anyway, so after watching weeks of footage and reading other's experience I finally got my hands on bf3 for a little bit lastnight and was amazed at how much more polished this release is compared to BC2. Can't wait to try it out some more tonight. Really like the polish so far and the feel of the movement and shooting is the best I've ever seen in a BF game to date.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 24, 2011, 12:15 Elessar

Verno wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 09:15:
I'm sad Orcs Must Die isn't on that list, I spent a shitload of time playing it on the weekend. It's ridiculously fun, someone finally got the hybrid tower defense game done right with decent production values and fully realized game mechanics.
I love OMD. I too am bummed it's not continuing to sell well. I'd love to see more from these guys.

News Comments > Free Diablo III with World of Warcraft Annual Pass
19. Re: Free Diablo III with World of Warcraft Annual Pass Oct 21, 2011, 22:31 Elessar

Slashman wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 20:35:
PropheT wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 18:28:
Are they really having that much trouble retaining players?

Perhaps folks started to catch on the WoW isn't, and never was, that great a game.
Oh please with this drama. People stop playing after so many years because they move on to other games. The fact that a game is played for years in the first place indicates people were actually having fun with it. I'd say a game that's fun for someone for that long would be considered a great game.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced
1. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 18:29 Elessar

Self (early 2011): "Yeah, I'm pretty much done with WoW even when they release new expansions. It was a good run, but I've moved on"

Self (now):"Damnit."

News Comments > Portal 2 "Major Update" Free Next Year
5. Re: How about Half-Life... Oct 21, 2011, 16:36 Elessar

And we wonder why PC Gaming is scoffed at by devs. In an announcement that speaks of upcoming tools to create more content, shortly after free AAA quality dlc, we get complaints and boycotts. I'm sorry to say, but you're all coming across like a bunch of self-entitled brats.  

News Comments > Portal 2 "Major Update" Free Next Year
3. Re: How about Half-Life... Oct 21, 2011, 16:26 Elessar

kanniballl wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 16:01:
Fine, if you want to drop the franchise then so be it... but at least finish off that friggin' story line.

You ended the last Episode of a psuedo cliff-hanger and haven't touched it since.

Stop counting your money and making robot gestures and hats, and finish off the friggin story line.'

I don't care THAT much anymore about the story... but I have a kind of OCD about finishing games that I care(d) about. And thinking back to Half-Life... my mind says "more to come... need to finish off after a cliff hanger." But there's never anything coming.

/Rant
Never mind the fact that they just released FREE DLC that was indicative of quality time spent developing it. So no, they're not just sitting around designing hats/gestures and counting money.

Do you even know if they do or don't have separate teams working on different products? You just assume all resources at Valve are working on Portal 2 content? Highly unlikely. They may deserve some flack for the lack of HL:Ep3 news, but imo gtfo of here with your rants in a thread about MORE FREE updates to an awesome game.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 MP Trailer
9. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 12:19 Elessar

JaguarUSF wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 11:26:
I hate PR videos. Is it too much to ask for one minute of continuous gameplay instead of 20 spurts of 3-second chaos?
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 11:28:
The ADHD style of these trailers is a huge putoff....
I enjoy these trailers. If I want a gameplay video, I'll go to youtube and type "bf3 gameplay".

These trailers amp me up, can't wait for it!

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders Video Diary
7. Re: Dungeon Defenders Video Diary Oct 18, 2011, 12:49 Elessar

Dev wrote on Oct 17, 2011, 22:03:
And co-op!

The more I see of this, the more I think this looks vastly superior to Orcs Must Die. Not sure why, but OMD seems to have gotten more publicity. Trendy Entertainment needs to work on getting the word out more.
Different strokes for different folks, but no way it's vastly superior simply because it has coop. Not everyone wants to play coop. I enjoy OMD a great deal, especially replaying levels tweaking out the trap layouts to make them more efficient.

I would welcome coop levels for OMD, but imo, the omission doesn't make it an inferior game. I'm having a blast so far.

If DD ends up being good, I'll get that too. One to play online, another to play solo. My main concern with DD atm is the gameplay vids show a ton of clutter on the screen. Hopefully we'll see a demo.

News Comments > DICE: Battlefield 3 Beta "Mission Accomplished"
47. Re: DICE: Battlefield 3 Beta Oct 17, 2011, 14:20 Elessar

qsto wrote on Oct 17, 2011, 12:16:
Verno wrote on Oct 17, 2011, 10:59:
It was definitely useful to me, I decided to skip the game based on the beta
I'll just leave this here...
Thanks for posting this. It has encouraged me to keep my $40 Amazon preorder. I was a bit worried about the beta complaints and was hopeful DICE would polish it up.

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders Video Diary
3. Re: Dungeon Defenders Video Diary Oct 14, 2011, 11:31 Elessar

Dev wrote on Oct 14, 2011, 00:41:
This game looks like it will have much more depth and replayability than Orcs. Plus it has co-op.
Agreed, except I like the art direction, atmosphere and style of Orcs better. Hopefully Orcs will release some coop stuff in the future.

News Comments > MineCraft Release Plans: Weekly Prerelease Versions & Dragon
6. Re: MineCraft Release Plans: Weekly Prerelease Versions & Dragon Oct 11, 2011, 18:00 Elessar

Verno wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 15:18:
nin wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 11:54:
It would be funny as hell if he named the dragon "Beth".

I like Scrolls the Magic Dragon myself.
LOL I like it... or how about Scrolls the Elder Dragon?

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Orcs Must Die!
12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Orcs Must Die! Oct 11, 2011, 17:56 Elessar

Frijoles wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 17:50:
Dev wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 16:32:
Keep in mind that there's no key rebinding option in the game, so you are stuck in a WASD configuration.

And with a wave of your magic hand, the demo is no more, and buying this game is only a memory. The difficulty in providing a way to remap keys has once again proved too much for an indie developer. Perhaps they should hire some VB programmers.

*bitter*

I hate WASD. Fucks me up.
I used to strictly use the arrow keys until WoW forced me over to WASD for more keybinds for the bajillion abilities the damn game has. It was a rough couple of days, but I'm actually happy I made the switch now. Minimal rebinds necessary and in situations like this, it worked out. I agree that something as basic as keybinds should be in though.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Orcs Must Die!
10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Orcs Must Die! Oct 11, 2011, 17:44 Elessar

Kythlyn wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 16:21:
Anyone try it yet? This looks fun. Worth $15?
Like the others, I tried the demo and loved it. I'll be getting this pretty soon.

Quick to get into, nicely polished and fun atmosphere from the little I saw. I have no reason to believe the rest won't be as good. I only wish they woulda added coop. Who knows, maybe down the road.

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo