Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for J

Real Name J   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2008, 11:36
Total Comments 1299 (Pro)
User ID 45926

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Trading Launch
1. Re: Steam Trading Launch Sep 6, 2011, 16:09 J

I, personally, don't want any of the Deus Ex: Human Revolution Team Fortress 2 items. It'd be nice to trade them to somebody who wants them.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Dutch firm linked to many more fraudulent Net certificates. Sep 6, 2011, 13:48 J

Windmill?  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution "The Missing Link" DLC Next Month
18. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Sep 3, 2011, 03:53 J

So long as it doesn't have Athene armor!  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow
173. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Sep 2, 2011, 15:07 J

The health regen aug was ace in the original Deus Ex because it essentially turned any repair robot into a med bot. Saves the inventory space of the health packs and the skill point investment required to make them worth using  

News Comments > Why Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a Prequel
42. Re: Why Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a Prequel Sep 2, 2011, 03:26 J

Those are only available if you get the retail special or augmented edition or something like that. I pre-ordered digitally on Steam.  

40. Re: Why Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a Prequel Sep 2, 2011, 01:08 J

PropheT wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 16:23:
J wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 16:09:
Upto 42 hours play now. My main gripe is that hacking is needed for some quests - as in you can complete most of it but then one section requires hacking, there's no password anywhere, so the effort was wasted unless you upgrade hacking - something I wanted to not do during this playthrough.

There's more than one way to do all of those. If you don't have the hacking, there's probably a pocket secretary somewhere. If there isn't, there's probably a smashable wall to gain entry instead using that augment. If that's not possible, you can still try using an EMP grenade to blow the lock instead of trying to hack it.

None of those apply to the locked computers I'm referring to.

25. Re: Why Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a Prequel Sep 1, 2011, 16:18 J

The one in the police station I'm referring to was level two, and the one for Malik's side quest is level two or three. No password hidden anywhere.  

22. Re: Why Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a Prequel Sep 1, 2011, 16:09 J

Upto 42 hours play now. My main gripe is that hacking is needed for some quests - as in you can complete most of it but then one section requires hacking, there's no password anywhere, so the effort was wasted unless you upgrade hacking - something I wanted to not do during this playthrough.

Only other thing I'd like is an option to start without the radar/health regen augs and have them as optional upgrades with the other augs.

It has a number of nice touches which I like, and it's definitely a step in the right direction, but I think it would benefit from more options and tangible consequences.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Aug 31, 2011, 21:49 J

I dated a lady who had a lazy eye. Then I found out she was seeing somebody on the side  

147. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 29, 2011, 17:45 J

It seems it may be in the next 15 minutes as GMT != BST. Go fig!  

143. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 29, 2011, 17:16 J

It's now 2215 GMT - has anybody noticed anything?  

130. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 29, 2011, 13:14 J

PHJF wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 13:05:
Game has crashed with an error three times on me, but what it loves to do is freeze up during loads. That's happened maybe 6 times, twice in the last half hour.

What are your computer specs? My version plays smoothly with the occasional little hiccup if I take-off too quickly after loading a big area or alt-tabbing back into the game.

124. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 29, 2011, 12:52 J

The radar is an aug - as is health regeneration - and I'd like it if they implemented an option to have them default to off so we can upgrade them later if we wish.

My first playthrough was ninja/hacker and Steam clocked that at about 31 hours. I was being quite thorough, although I rushed a little near the end as my three days off were almost up!

I have a quad-core i3 with a GTX 260 and it runs fine at 1024 x 768 (The best my old monitor can muster). I'm also running a minecraft server and other programs in the background.

In my playthrough I also found I had more praxis points than I knew what to do with. My next playthrough will be a grunt who doesn't care for hacking and I want to see how the experience compares.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 28, 2011, 17:26 J

I just figured out the typo that was being alluded to; chuckled  

News Comments > Eidos Montreal on Deus Ex: Human Revolution AI
32. Re: Eidos Montreal on Deus Ex: Human Revolution AI Aug 26, 2011, 16:32 J

"Let me know if you find anything"
"You mean when"
"I'm pretty sure I didn't"

Made me lol.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 26, 2011, 12:39 J

The PC once again returns to its rightful place after being sideswiped by the upstarts

And speaking of returning... back to Human Revolution I go!

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
5. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Aug 26, 2011, 10:09 J

There was another DX:HR patch earlier but I haven't found any info yet on what it did.

Enjoying the little touches - like the lemon-lime reference in the banner beneath the news

News Comments > Eidos Montreal on Deus Ex: Human Revolution AI
30. Re: Eidos Montreal on Deus Ex: Human Revolution AI Aug 25, 2011, 17:21 J

New patch released an hour ago:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Update Released
Product Update - Valve
12:46
This latest patch addresses:

A frequent issue for AMD/ATI hardware users that can cause the game to crash on startup.
Improvements to loading speed. The speed increase depends on machine spec and settings, but loading time improvements of over 50% have been measured on some machines.

Some control fixes:
Diagonal movement is no longer faster as intended.
Adjustments have been made to mouse sensitivity in response to user feedback.
Mouse sensitivity for X and Y axis can still be configured separately, but is now consistent when set to default settings.
The range of settings for mouse sensitivity has been adjusted to provide for more accurate adjusting.
The default mouse sensitivity has been altered to be somewhat less sensitive.

And just in time for the European release

News Comments > GameStop Stops Selling Physical Copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution
28. Re: GameStop Stops Selling Physical Copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 25, 2011, 08:58 J

sauron wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 08:45:
Deus Ex won't sell many physical copies, but Final Fantasy console titles sell by the truckload, and Square Enix also produces and publishes those.

If I was SE, I'd put together two versions of the next FF title. One version with just the base game, for sale at Gamestop. And a second version, with an extra set of quests, rainbow colored chocobo to ride on, and a loli NPC companion, for sale everywhere else. Then let the Gamestop copies rot on the shelves.

Please forward this to Squeenix!

News Comments > GameStop Stops Selling Physical Copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution
21. Re: GameStop Stops Selling Physical Copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 25, 2011, 03:00 J

I'm sorry, I can't hear the sound of that nail going in to GameStop's coffin over the sound of how awesome Deus Ex Human Revolution is!

1 day to go

1299 Comments. 65 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo