Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for J

Real Name J   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2008, 11:36
Total Comments 1274 (Pro)
User ID 45926

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim Patch After Thanksgiving
22. Re: Skyrim Patch After Thanksgiving Nov 19, 2011, 10:06 J

PHJF wrote on Nov 19, 2011, 10:04:
In fact, until you run your system at stock clocks from the install of your game forward you simply are in no position to know what's a real bug in the software you run and what's going wrong because you are overclocked that otherwise wouldn't.

I guess you've never heard of Burn-in, BurnTest, or Prime.

I had the occassional C2D (with no error messages), but after tweaking around my .inis and running custom shaders they got a lot worse.

What bugs me most about Skyrim is how my framerate is actually worse in dungeons. Certain sections of certain dungeons tank my framerate for no apparent reason at all; I can be walking down a tunnel the same as a hundred other tunnels but my framerate will drop below 20. Curious.

In Fallout 3 I had a similar problem - it ran smooth as silk except for certain parts. I narrowed it down to having something to do with the water settings, and the framerate bomb disappeared when I tweaked something in there.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Skyrim Patch After Thanksgiving
20. Re: Skyrim Patch After Thanksgiving Nov 19, 2011, 10:04 J

For years I could happily sit back and watch the games go past, picking them off when they're cheap... this year I pre-ordered Deus Ex: Human Revolution as I couldn't stand waiting, and now I'm caving in to Skyrim. Hear that? That's the sound of me kissing sunlight goodbye for a virtual eternity.

/just spent 41 hours in UFO Defense

News Comments > Magicka Patched, The Stars are Left Trailer
1. Re: Magicka Patched, The Stars are Left Trailer Nov 17, 2011, 13:55 J

There's also a free weekend for Magicka on Steam - and it's at a ludicrously low price too. I haven't played co-op yet as the guy who was supposed to get it has been a slacker, so if anybody is up for some magickal mayhem, chuck me a bone!  

News Comments > Capcom, Free Burnout Paradise (U.K.) Join Origin
11. Re: Capcom, Free Burnout Paradise (U.K.) Join Origin Nov 16, 2011, 12:14 J

Verno wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 11:50:
StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 11:48:
Hahaha... you guys are so funny when it comes to EA.

Hahaha... you are so funny when it comes to Steam.

Hahaha... you are so funny when it comes to zing!

News Comments > Minecraft Gold
23. Re: Minecraft Gold Nov 14, 2011, 17:36 J

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 17:23:
You're no better Fibrocyte, your insults are just more subtle.

Now that's funny! Behold, Mr. Tact states Fibrocyte is no better as his insults are just more subtle. More subtle insults? That sounds like tact to me.

News Comments > Skyrim Soars
46. Re: Skyrim Soars Nov 12, 2011, 12:05 J

I'm just sitting here and watching the feedback. Whether or not I get Skyrim depends on feedback and how it's handled.

For the moment I've gone back to X-Com: UFO Defense, and that should keep me occupied for a while.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 10, 2011, 06:39 J

I'm concerned that my mobile is not only sensing how much poop is on it, but is then sending that information without my consent

What else is it discovering and forwarding without my knowledge? This makes Facebook look tame!

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Collections
16. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 10, 2011, 06:32 J

I'm wondering if these games will be updated so that they all work on Windows 7. The thing which put me off of Baldur's was all the CD swapping - if that's no longer an issue I may go for it.  

News Comments > Free Game: Stealth Bastard
29. Re: Free Game: Stealth Bastard Nov 7, 2011, 06:59 J

Umbragen wrote on Nov 6, 2011, 23:20:
What's the problem? I find my tolerance for draconian DRM is inversely proportional to how much the game costs....

This game is fucking asymptotic.

Perhaps they subscribe to the same principle but get stuck on the divide by zero error and default to whining?

News Comments > Free Game: Stealth Bastard
28. Re: Free Game: Stealth Bastard Nov 7, 2011, 06:58 J

Moog wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 03:56:
deqer wrote on Nov 6, 2011, 17:42:
HoSpanky wrote on Nov 6, 2011, 16:12:
It DOES require that you are online when you play it
and that's why the company can go **** themselves.

Here! Here!

Personally, with that sort of DRM, I'm going to pirate this title - those bastards aren't going to get a penny from me!

I LOL'd; gigglesnorted

News Comments > Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy
30. Re: Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy Nov 6, 2011, 04:07 J

Is this the Sandbox I've been looking for?  

News Comments > Call of Duty Elite TV Console Only
4. Re: Call of Duty Elite TV Console Only Nov 5, 2011, 02:15 J

What would I do with an Elite Tranny?  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Not always. Nov 3, 2011, 11:34 J

*golf clap*  

News Comments > Gearbox Creative Director's Stroke
9. Re: Gearbox Creative Director's Stroke Oct 28, 2011, 20:39 J

shihonage wrote on Oct 28, 2011, 16:12:
I blame the cellphone towers.

I blame Cupid.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Oct 28, 2011, 07:24 J

The Steam Hallowe'en sale has some nice prices for people who haven't picked up the following: L4D2, VTM:B, FEAR.  

News Comments > Louis Castle Leaves Zynga
6. Re: Louis Castle Leaves Zynga Oct 26, 2011, 14:02 J

Bah, Zynga! Behold the power of Sheldon Cooper!  

News Comments > StarCraft II Heart of the Swarm Teaser
2. Re: StarCraft II Heart of the Swarm Teaser Oct 24, 2011, 19:41 J

I'd rush it  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City Specs
40. Re: Batman: Arkham City Specs Oct 24, 2011, 11:41 J

StingingVelvet wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 10:58:
J wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 06:18:
Why must my reason be one that isn't shared across all stores? What difference does that make to the fact that I like using Steam?

Because the whole point of the conversation you chimed in on was why Steam's features would please singleplayer only gamers. That was the entire point I was discussing. So when you come in and say "I am a singleplayer gamer and like Steam" it gives me the impression there is something about Steam that appeals to you as a singleplayer gamer. I wanted to know what that was.

I guess you have nothing though, so... okay?

The original point, which isn't so hard to find as it's on the very same page, was: "It's true though, for singleplayer gamers who don't care about social networking features Steam is really just a hassle."

To which I replied: "Personally, as a player who predominantly plays singleplayer and really doesn't care about social networking features, I like Steam. I don't see it as a hassle at all. I have more storage space and losing or damaging my games is no longer an issue. Perhaps I'm an exception, but I'd still prefer not to be tarred with the same brush."

So let's fast-forward to where we are now. I ask "Why must my reason be one that isn't shared across all stores? What difference does that make to the fact that I like using Steam?"

And you respond with "Because the whole point of the conversation you chimed in on was why Steam's features would please singleplayer only gamers."

So you're saying that I must like Steam for reasons besides the ones I already mentioned because your conversation was about why Steam's features would please singleplayer only gamers.

If anybody can explain that logic to me then I'd be very grateful. I read through the text but it doesn't make a lick of sense.

My original counter-point still stands: I don't see Steam as a hassle.

I guess you have nothing though, so... okay?

36. Re: Batman: Arkham City Specs Oct 24, 2011, 06:18 J

StingingVelvet wrote on Oct 23, 2011, 23:30:
J wrote on Oct 23, 2011, 16:33:
It's relevant for you, sure. However, I wasn't talking about other digital distributors. Your original point was against Steam, and that was what I was addressing. If you're going to try and steer me off course then don't be surprised when I take the wheel back.

I'm not really grasping what you are saying I guess. Why do you like Steam as a singleplayer gamer? Give me a reason that isn't shared across all stores.

Why must my reason be one that isn't shared across all stores? What difference does that make to the fact that I like using Steam?

33. Re: Batman: Arkham City Specs Oct 23, 2011, 18:55 J

Aw, but nin!!  

1274 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo