Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for J

Real Name J   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2008, 11:36
Total Comments 1267 (Pro)
User ID 45926

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Collections
16. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 10, 2011, 06:32 J

I'm wondering if these games will be updated so that they all work on Windows 7. The thing which put me off of Baldur's was all the CD swapping - if that's no longer an issue I may go for it.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free Game: Stealth Bastard
29. Re: Free Game: Stealth Bastard Nov 7, 2011, 06:59 J

Umbragen wrote on Nov 6, 2011, 23:20:
What's the problem? I find my tolerance for draconian DRM is inversely proportional to how much the game costs....

This game is fucking asymptotic.

Perhaps they subscribe to the same principle but get stuck on the divide by zero error and default to whining?

News Comments > Free Game: Stealth Bastard
28. Re: Free Game: Stealth Bastard Nov 7, 2011, 06:58 J

Moog wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 03:56:
deqer wrote on Nov 6, 2011, 17:42:
HoSpanky wrote on Nov 6, 2011, 16:12:
It DOES require that you are online when you play it
and that's why the company can go **** themselves.

Here! Here!

Personally, with that sort of DRM, I'm going to pirate this title - those bastards aren't going to get a penny from me!

I LOL'd; gigglesnorted

News Comments > Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy
30. Re: Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy Nov 6, 2011, 04:07 J

Is this the Sandbox I've been looking for?  

News Comments > Call of Duty Elite TV Console Only
4. Re: Call of Duty Elite TV Console Only Nov 5, 2011, 02:15 J

What would I do with an Elite Tranny?  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Not always. Nov 3, 2011, 11:34 J

*golf clap*  

News Comments > Gearbox Creative Director's Stroke
9. Re: Gearbox Creative Director's Stroke Oct 28, 2011, 20:39 J

shihonage wrote on Oct 28, 2011, 16:12:
I blame the cellphone towers.

I blame Cupid.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Oct 28, 2011, 07:24 J

The Steam Hallowe'en sale has some nice prices for people who haven't picked up the following: L4D2, VTM:B, FEAR.  

News Comments > Louis Castle Leaves Zynga
6. Re: Louis Castle Leaves Zynga Oct 26, 2011, 14:02 J

Bah, Zynga! Behold the power of Sheldon Cooper!  

News Comments > StarCraft II Heart of the Swarm Teaser
2. Re: StarCraft II Heart of the Swarm Teaser Oct 24, 2011, 19:41 J

I'd rush it  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City Specs
40. Re: Batman: Arkham City Specs Oct 24, 2011, 11:41 J

StingingVelvet wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 10:58:
J wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 06:18:
Why must my reason be one that isn't shared across all stores? What difference does that make to the fact that I like using Steam?

Because the whole point of the conversation you chimed in on was why Steam's features would please singleplayer only gamers. That was the entire point I was discussing. So when you come in and say "I am a singleplayer gamer and like Steam" it gives me the impression there is something about Steam that appeals to you as a singleplayer gamer. I wanted to know what that was.

I guess you have nothing though, so... okay?

The original point, which isn't so hard to find as it's on the very same page, was: "It's true though, for singleplayer gamers who don't care about social networking features Steam is really just a hassle."

To which I replied: "Personally, as a player who predominantly plays singleplayer and really doesn't care about social networking features, I like Steam. I don't see it as a hassle at all. I have more storage space and losing or damaging my games is no longer an issue. Perhaps I'm an exception, but I'd still prefer not to be tarred with the same brush."

So let's fast-forward to where we are now. I ask "Why must my reason be one that isn't shared across all stores? What difference does that make to the fact that I like using Steam?"

And you respond with "Because the whole point of the conversation you chimed in on was why Steam's features would please singleplayer only gamers."

So you're saying that I must like Steam for reasons besides the ones I already mentioned because your conversation was about why Steam's features would please singleplayer only gamers.

If anybody can explain that logic to me then I'd be very grateful. I read through the text but it doesn't make a lick of sense.

My original counter-point still stands: I don't see Steam as a hassle.

I guess you have nothing though, so... okay?

36. Re: Batman: Arkham City Specs Oct 24, 2011, 06:18 J

StingingVelvet wrote on Oct 23, 2011, 23:30:
J wrote on Oct 23, 2011, 16:33:
It's relevant for you, sure. However, I wasn't talking about other digital distributors. Your original point was against Steam, and that was what I was addressing. If you're going to try and steer me off course then don't be surprised when I take the wheel back.

I'm not really grasping what you are saying I guess. Why do you like Steam as a singleplayer gamer? Give me a reason that isn't shared across all stores.

Why must my reason be one that isn't shared across all stores? What difference does that make to the fact that I like using Steam?

33. Re: Batman: Arkham City Specs Oct 23, 2011, 18:55 J

Aw, but nin!!  

31. Re: Batman: Arkham City Specs Oct 23, 2011, 16:33 J

StingingVelvet wrote on Oct 23, 2011, 12:50:
J wrote on Oct 23, 2011, 12:02:
I'm sure that they're not Steam-specific, and I never claimed that they were. I was just affirming that I happen to like Steam. If you don't know what I mean by that, then perhaps a time-out is in order?

Your snarky reply is pretty unwarranted. You said you liked Steam even though you're a singleplayer gamer for reasons X and Y. Pointing out that X and Y apply to every digital distributor is pretty relevant.

It's relevant for you, sure. However, I wasn't talking about other digital distributors. Your original point was against Steam, and that was what I was addressing. If you're going to try and steer me off course then don't be surprised when I take the wheel back.

29. Re: Batman: Arkham City Specs Oct 23, 2011, 12:02 J

StingingVelvet wrote on Oct 23, 2011, 11:42:
J wrote on Oct 23, 2011, 02:58:
Personally, as a player who predominantly plays singleplayer and really doesn't care about social networking features, I like Steam. I don't see it as a hassle at all. I have more storage space and losing or damaging my games is no longer an issue. Perhaps I'm an exception, but I'd still prefer not to be tarred with the same brush.

The two benefits you list are not at all Steam specific, so I don't know what you mean. GOG or Gamersgate provide the same benefits and are the distribution method I very much prefer for singleplayer games.

I'm sure that they're not Steam-specific, and I never claimed that they were. I was just affirming that I happen to like Steam. If you don't know what I mean by that, then perhaps a time-out is in order?

25. Re: Batman: Arkham City Specs Oct 23, 2011, 02:58 J

StingingVelvet wrote on Oct 22, 2011, 18:17:
When I say this kind of stuff on here I get endless replies about being a "Steam basher" and shit like that. It's true though, for singleplayer gamers who don't care about social networking features Steam is really just a hassle.

Personally, as a player who predominantly plays singleplayer and really doesn't care about social networking features, I like Steam. I don't see it as a hassle at all. I have more storage space and losing or damaging my games is no longer an issue. Perhaps I'm an exception, but I'd still prefer not to be tarred with the same brush.

8. Re: Batman: Arkham City Specs Oct 22, 2011, 03:12 J

Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 22, 2011, 02:04:
I've got the specs. I've got the penis.

Minimum or recommended?

News Comments > PAYDAY: The Heist Today
45. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Today Oct 21, 2011, 11:15 J

Dmitri_M wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 10:19:
If you guys keep mentioning Heat I'm gonna be forced to buy this.

And I don't even think it looks that good, looks like it's got that watered down L4D gunplay thing happening.

Heat

43. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Today Oct 21, 2011, 09:47 J

Okay, I took the bait. I'm now downloading PAYDAY. If anybody fancies a laugh (the private kind, I don't have a mic!) look for sNiPEY on Steam. I'm the one with the baby in a helmet with the Arnie quote. 96% done...  

38. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Today Oct 21, 2011, 05:15 J

I'm keeping my eyes peeled on this one. If/when they sort out the bugs I may well dive on to the bandwagon. It sounds like it may potentially be a lot of fun, and it sounds like they're taking an active stance in dealing with it. Both big pluses in my book.  

1267 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo