Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for J

Real Name J   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2008, 11:36
Total Comments 1267 (Pro)
User ID 45926

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Beta Signups
9. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Signups Dec 21, 2011, 21:57 J

IIRC you gave off some light/sound when hacking, so if you hack a vehicle whilst infantry are around then it's riskier - i.e. the mobile spawn vehicles  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Skyrim LAA Patch
36. Re: Skyrim LAA Patch Dec 21, 2011, 16:28 J

P.S. I have noticed that changing weapons/spells has been quickened now!  

35. Re: Skyrim LAA Patch Dec 21, 2011, 16:10 J

It is entirely possible that I've goofed. I'm still on level 2 Unrelenting Force. Whilst I had done the quest I'd not yet been to Riverwood and returned to the Greybeards. I'm very much hoping that's what it is, as it was one of my fave parts!

If I have goofed then I hereby apologise for any double-takes, spit-takes, heart jumps, cardiac arrests, or any other reactions to my previous post.

33. Re: Skyrim LAA Patch Dec 21, 2011, 15:31 J

More disturbingly, it seems Unrelenting Force at max level no longer takes opponents off their feet! Blowing enemies off clifftops has become a little trickier now :o

edit: Me being daft

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2011, 16:44.

19. Re: Skyrim LLA Patch Dec 21, 2011, 03:16 J

Kastagir wrote on Dec 20, 2011, 23:41:
The relative silence on the PC support forum shows that this was a successful update.

It's funny because it's true

News Comments > Skyrim Ships 10M; "Fastest Selling Title in Steam's History"
30. Re: Skyrim Ships 10M; Dec 17, 2011, 04:42 J

It's a close call for me... according to Steam New Vegas has absorbed 195 hours of my life and Skyrim has absorbed 185 so far. On one hand the characters in Skyrim seem flatter (a few more voice actors would have helped there), but Skyrim seems to support different playing styles more. So far I've created a magic assassin, a rogue assassin, a vampiric pure mage, a werewolf barbarian, an illusionist fighter and an illusionist conjurer. Each one plays through differently, but I can sense the underlying need to stay the course to keep my edge, and not to succumb to temptation and start boosting random skills. I like that.

Whilst I'd like to see Charm/Dominate and more speech checks, I can't deny that I'm getting a lot out of Skyrim, and I certainly cannot argue about value for money.

News Comments > Square Enix Breached
5. Re: Square Enix Breached Dec 16, 2011, 08:01 J

nin wrote on Dec 15, 2011, 12:53:
The producer of hit titles such as Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest pulled down the Square Enix Members service shortly after discovering evidence of an intruder, a spokeswoman said on Thursday.

The intruder breached an unknown number of servers that could hold data for the service's one million members in Japan and 800,000 members in North America, but left untouched the servers with its 300,000 European members, she said.

Someone obviously maxed out the hacking tree in their HUD!

Perhaps they even cloaked...

I used to go around hacking like that, then I took a bullet to the knee.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 14, 2011, 12:27 J

What the cluck?  

News Comments > Hitman Absolution Trailer
1. Re: Hitman Absolution Trailer Dec 11, 2011, 18:02 J

Not exactly silent assassin rating there!  

News Comments > Skyrim is Spike's 2011 GotY
8. Re: Skyrim is Spike's 2011 GotY Dec 11, 2011, 17:54 J

Steam tells me I'm now at 148 hours of gameplay in Skyrim. I have just started my fifth character, each one plays out differently, I'm not yet bored. I currently say 'no contest'  

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies End Game Detailed
4. Re: Star Wars Galaxies End Game Detailed Dec 2, 2011, 21:21 J

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

News Comments > Eidos-Montreal Expands, New Hitman Game Plans
31. Re: Eidos-Montreal Expands, New Hitman Game Plans Nov 21, 2011, 20:24 J

After DE:HR and seeing the preview trailer of Hitman, I can't help but think of Garrett with augmentations or magical thief intuition  

News Comments > Skyrim Patch After Thanksgiving
46. Re: Skyrim Patch After Thanksgiving Nov 20, 2011, 12:51 J

Jerykk wrote on Nov 20, 2011, 08:03:
The inventory menu is in dire need of scroll bars and the ability to sort by name, potency and value. Support for PgUp/PgDn/Home/End would be nice as well. I've put almost 60 hours into the game thus far and I've probably spent at least 3 hours just scrolling through menus.

Whilst I do agree that PgUp, etc. would be handy, I am finding that the mousewheel scrolling is apt in the meantime.

22. Re: Skyrim Patch After Thanksgiving Nov 19, 2011, 10:06 J

PHJF wrote on Nov 19, 2011, 10:04:
In fact, until you run your system at stock clocks from the install of your game forward you simply are in no position to know what's a real bug in the software you run and what's going wrong because you are overclocked that otherwise wouldn't.

I guess you've never heard of Burn-in, BurnTest, or Prime.

I had the occassional C2D (with no error messages), but after tweaking around my .inis and running custom shaders they got a lot worse.

What bugs me most about Skyrim is how my framerate is actually worse in dungeons. Certain sections of certain dungeons tank my framerate for no apparent reason at all; I can be walking down a tunnel the same as a hundred other tunnels but my framerate will drop below 20. Curious.

In Fallout 3 I had a similar problem - it ran smooth as silk except for certain parts. I narrowed it down to having something to do with the water settings, and the framerate bomb disappeared when I tweaked something in there.

20. Re: Skyrim Patch After Thanksgiving Nov 19, 2011, 10:04 J

For years I could happily sit back and watch the games go past, picking them off when they're cheap... this year I pre-ordered Deus Ex: Human Revolution as I couldn't stand waiting, and now I'm caving in to Skyrim. Hear that? That's the sound of me kissing sunlight goodbye for a virtual eternity.

/just spent 41 hours in UFO Defense

News Comments > Magicka Patched, The Stars are Left Trailer
1. Re: Magicka Patched, The Stars are Left Trailer Nov 17, 2011, 13:55 J

There's also a free weekend for Magicka on Steam - and it's at a ludicrously low price too. I haven't played co-op yet as the guy who was supposed to get it has been a slacker, so if anybody is up for some magickal mayhem, chuck me a bone!  

News Comments > Capcom, Free Burnout Paradise (U.K.) Join Origin
11. Re: Capcom, Free Burnout Paradise (U.K.) Join Origin Nov 16, 2011, 12:14 J

Verno wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 11:50:
StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 11:48:
Hahaha... you guys are so funny when it comes to EA.

Hahaha... you are so funny when it comes to Steam.

Hahaha... you are so funny when it comes to zing!

News Comments > Minecraft Gold
23. Re: Minecraft Gold Nov 14, 2011, 17:36 J

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 17:23:
You're no better Fibrocyte, your insults are just more subtle.

Now that's funny! Behold, Mr. Tact states Fibrocyte is no better as his insults are just more subtle. More subtle insults? That sounds like tact to me.

News Comments > Skyrim Soars
46. Re: Skyrim Soars Nov 12, 2011, 12:05 J

I'm just sitting here and watching the feedback. Whether or not I get Skyrim depends on feedback and how it's handled.

For the moment I've gone back to X-Com: UFO Defense, and that should keep me occupied for a while.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 10, 2011, 06:39 J

I'm concerned that my mobile is not only sensing how much poop is on it, but is then sending that information without my consent

What else is it discovering and forwarding without my knowledge? This makes Facebook look tame!

1267 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo