Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for J

Real Name J   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2008, 11:36
Total Comments 1253 (Pro)
User ID 45926

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 24, 2012, 17:28 J

nin wrote on Jun 24, 2012, 17:18:
I cannot recommend it enough, and I'm due for a second playthrough...
You've only played through it once? I hope you have a very good excuse!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dead State Kickstarter Funded
3. Re: Dead State Kickstarter Funded Jun 23, 2012, 15:27 J

$330k for Dogmeat? Fame has really gotten to him  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jun 23, 2012, 13:24 J

Has anybody tried Fray? The metacritic scores totally slam it.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
7. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 14:22 J

If it's good enough to keep my attention then I'm quite happy to spend the money I would have spent on the game... in the game. Makes sense to me. I may even get a little carried away if they're lucky! The longer I'm drawn to and encouraged by the game the more generous I feel. EA can rot in its own special place in hell.  

News Comments > Origin Sale; EA Calls Service "A Huge Success"
72. Re: Origin Sale; EA Calls Service Jun 18, 2012, 18:56 J

Paketep wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 11:59:
Rattlehead wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 10:50:
J wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 10:48:
Popcorn
What a deep, insightful comment. Definitely going to make me change my ways of thinking from now on. I never thought of things like that.

Well, I liked it way more than your usual comment. And it's definitely more accurate.

I totally called it.

6. Re: Origin Sale; EA Calls Service Jun 18, 2012, 10:58 J

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 10:50:
J wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 10:48:
Popcorn
What a deep, insightful comment. Definitely going to make me change my ways of thinking from now on. I never thought of things like that.
And I managed to successfully condense it into a solitary emoticon, too!

3. Re: Origin Sale; EA Calls Service Jun 18, 2012, 10:48 J

Popcorn  

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Sales Pale Versus L.A. Noire
16. Re: Max Payne 3 Sales Pale Versus L.A. Noire Jun 15, 2012, 12:20 J

I got burnt out during MP2. Add to that things like forced cutscenes which sound like they take control away from you and drop you in the thick of it... I'll pass. I have enough to keep me busy.

Can't stand Diablo 3 though. Wouldn't touch that with a hazmat suit on.

News Comments > Citizens Bank Sues Curt Schilling
12. Re: Citizens Bank Sues Curt Schilling Jun 15, 2012, 08:11 J

Slashman wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 23:45:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 23:41:
Bet wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 22:32:
Court documents indicate Schilling also personally guaranteed a $1.5 million line of credit from Middlesex Savings Bank of Natick. He also used his personal gold coin collection to help obtain a loan from Bank Rhode Island, a unit of Brookline Bancorp. in Brookline, for an unspecified amount, according to records.

In all, Schilling told the Providence Journal last month, he guaranteed $12 million in loans for the company, in addition to investing $38 million directly.

How much did he get paid as pitcher, again?

An article I recently read said he earned like $110M over his pitching career and had about $50M left. Apparently between what he initially invested and other credit facilities he extended the company, he's actually almost broke now. That hasn't been confirmed but he apparently banked almost everything he had in the bank on 38 Studios.

*SIGH* There is the is thing. I forget what it's called...

Oh yeah!! Foresight! Why don't people ever use it anymore?

Captain Hindsight is never wrong! Excelsior!!

News Comments > Penny Arcade Adventures Episode 3 This Month
1. Re: Penny Arcade Adventures Episode 3 This Month Jun 14, 2012, 18:45 J

Which now puts them ahead of Half-Life  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2012, Part 14
3. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 14 Jun 14, 2012, 13:30 J

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_pal859keA  

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Crossfire Announced
8. Re: Jagged Alliance: Crossfire Announced Jun 13, 2012, 18:45 J

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 18:11:
J wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 12:23:
I want to revisit this game at some point. They did some major patchwork to introduce things like line of sight enemy reveal, sector inventory, traders restock, etc. - things which would have been awesome off the bat but were introduced some time afterwards. At the moment I'm being kept occupied with DayZ and Chaos Rising Co-op so it'll have to wait.

I tried the demo, but it seems like stealth is still not really an option in the game. Enemies seem to detect you no matter what you do. Only real way to win on the harder maps like that is to stand off and use rifles to pick off enemies as they try to close with you.

Well yeah, the demo was released before all the patching. I'd be surprised if they patched the demo half as much as the main game.

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Crossfire Announced
4. Re: Jagged Alliance: Crossfire Announced Jun 13, 2012, 12:23 J

I want to revisit this game at some point. They did some major patchwork to introduce things like line of sight enemy reveal, sector inventory, traders restock, etc. - things which would have been awesome off the bat but were introduced some time afterwards. At the moment I'm being kept occupied with DayZ and Chaos Rising Co-op so it'll have to wait.  

News Comments > DayZ Interview
23. Re: DayZ Interview Jun 10, 2012, 11:06 J

RailWizard wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 09:13:
J wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 05:58:
If you don't like it then stop clogging up the servers.

So is this guy "surviving" in your opinion? (i hate to give him more spotlight time, since he obviously subsists on it, but...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppQebH_-S6k

That asshole is from shacknews, where everybody was all "awesome vids bro!"

Personally, I say it's the equivalent of a fart joke. Which is what the guy seems to be, and many others just like him. Everybody might laugh at it once, but only the kids never get tired of it.

No, he's not surviving. He should have shot the troll and headed upstairs, presuming he had ammo.

Heck, even a quick shot to slow the troll down so the zombies snacked on his delicious corpse after he bled and passed out would have been good.

To try running away and then be vulnerable like that is asking for trouble.

I was just in a server where a guy was warned by a friendly sniper not to stand in an open field and he didn't listen. He was subsequently shot by another sniper.

Survival is not running away. It's about thinking on your feet and taking whatever action is necessary to survive.

If I encountered a troll like that I'd be grateful. Some will simply shoot on sight. This guy could be turned into bait whilst I made my getaway.

News Comments > DayZ Interview
9. Re: DayZ Interview Jun 10, 2012, 05:58 J

Bhruic wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 02:13:
Yeah. We've started to see a few "civilization" projects pop up, where large groups of survivors are planning to take over an area, and make it a "safe zone" for other survivors. We've seen some people volunteer to play a doctor role, and volunteer to help people who need medical aid (with precautions, of course). So there are options other than "shoot everyone you see", but you have to make the effort to enact them. The game isn't going to hand them to you. It truly is open-ended in that sense.

This.

Sure, I've been shot in the back a few times - that's part of the experience. I can cave in and become a bandit or quit and complain. I choose not to.

There are decent folks out there, there are those who just want to mind their own, and there are those who will happily cram a bullet into your eye socket without a second's thought.

I consider this a test of humanity. How do people behave when the odds are stacked against them and there's little in the way of rewards and hand-holding?

The easy way out is to make excuses. Oh, he looked at me funny! You're playing like COD OMG grow up! This isn't fair! etc. etc.

The bottom line is you have to survive. They have to survive. It's how we go about it which is the important thing, and it is down to each and every one of us to make that choice and to invest the effort into maintaining it.

I like it. If you don't like it then stop clogging up the servers.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: matthew@what.now? Jun 8, 2012, 13:16 J

G+-  

News Comments > etc., etc.
15. Re: etc., etc. Jun 7, 2012, 02:55 J

EA? Sounds familiar from somewhere... oh... I think I used to buy their games in the last century. Origin? Don't know what that is.  

News Comments > John Carmack's VR Headset
11. Re: John Carmack's VR Headset Jun 7, 2012, 02:52 J

Shall I go and fetch my lawnmower, man?  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 3, 2012, 18:53 J

Token DayZ comment. Just had fun covering two teammates in Elektro, from the hills, with my trusty sniper rifle  

News Comments > LEGO: The Lord of the Rings Announced
6. Re: LEGO: The Lord of the Rings Announced Jun 2, 2012, 13:12 J

Wolfox wrote on Jun 2, 2012, 12:47:
I heard it includes a character named Legolas. How convenient.

*golf clap*

/was going to go with the Lord of the Blocks angle, but I know when I'm beaten

1253 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo