Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for J

Real Name J   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2008, 11:36
Total Comments 1274 (Pro)
User ID 45926

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III Patch
3. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 23, 2012, 12:54 J

I lol'd  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Launches
33. Re: PlanetSide 2 Launches Nov 21, 2012, 10:51 J

sir wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 03:59:
As for identifying friend or foe, well, everyone in your faction has a blue icon above their head. Anyone who doesn't...well, you know what to do
In my experience with the beta the icon doesn't always show. I found that out when it gave me warnings about friendly fire.

As far as I am concerned PS2 is still in beta

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Hitman: Absolution
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hitman: Absolution Nov 21, 2012, 09:18 J

I've kept pretty quiet about Hitman: Absolution until now because I wanted to give it a fair chance and see what I made of it. Honestly, I'm not sure what to make of it. Is it Hitman? It has elements of Assassin's Creed, Quick Time Events, Splinter Cell, Hitman... and it feels off to me.

I haven't yet put my finger on exactly what it is that bugs me. Part of it is that there are invisible triggers as opposed to previous Hitman games where each NPC did their own thing at a given time. If I am waiting for something to happen but am too far away then it may not happen, and I have to then move to another location in order to trigger the events into happening. The game is quietly waiting for me whilst I wait for it.

Whilst I see where the disguise feature is coming from, I'm not alone in believing that it can get downright daft. If I wear a chef's outfit then I have to beware of all merchants due to them all being unionised or what-have-you. Whilst I can go along with that as a game mechanic, the speed of detection can be faster than the speed of stupid. A lot of times it's okay and there's a build-up so you have an opportunity to adjust your strategy. At other times somebody sees through the disguise before you can react and you get the seen penalty and kiss goodbye to silent assassin. Have to start over again.

Checkpoints don't work properly. It remembers which hits you've done, but anybody else you've taken out are now back on their feet and any sequenced events are undone and have to begin over.

Stand against the wall by a door and the E button now opens the door and makes you move to the other side of the doorway in one push. An oversight there. Tech support's response to this?

Please note that they are not technically "bugs" as they do not prevent the user from completing the game and at this moment we do not know if a fix will be available at a later date.

Their definition of "bugs" concerns me there.

Due to how trespassing works I wouldn't recommend trying for Silent Assassin until you've played through the levels a few times and familiarised with them. Less turbulence that way.

I haven't tried Contracts yet as I want to think up a good one. Also, it's had some problems with the server and apparently once you create one you can't delete it or change its name.

One thing which really bugs me is that I seem to get funneled into playing the game a certain way by the way the game is designed. I'm hoping that - in time - I'll find other things which I overlooked that give me more options, but so far I've found more variety with Blood Money than I have with Absolution.

I've only put 15 hours into the game so far so I'm still feeling around and learning all the intricacies. It has moments, but it feels to me like playing Planetside 2 - it's trying to be a number of things and has subsequently lost its identity. It has moments of Hitman, but has moments of other things too. Frankly I've pretty much given up on the melee as I can't get a bead on what I'm supposed to be pressing in time, so if it happens I mash random buttons. That is not a plus in my book.

TL;DR version: It's trying to be Hitman

News Comments > Hitman: Absolution Reviews
38. Re: Hitman: Absolution Reviews Nov 19, 2012, 13:39 J

Trevellian wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 11:52:
*snip*...
TL:DR? Fuck you
Please don't feed the trolls.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
12. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 18, 2012, 14:22 J

I've seen movies which have bombs in them, and those bombs have timers. A watch is a timer so he must be guilty. I'm going to send my CV in to the TSA now.  

News Comments > Deus Ex Film Director & Writer
16. Re: Deus Ex Film Director & Writer Nov 16, 2012, 03:16 J

So long as it's based upon this then it'll be awesome!  

News Comments > Primal Carnage Free DLC Today
7. Re: Primal Carnage Free DLC Today Nov 15, 2012, 15:28 J

This caught my eye the other day so I did a little digging. Official reviews seem luke-warm, player reviews seem higher, but there's an air of silence around it which leaves me feeling suspicious. TotalBiscuit was saying wait until there are more playmodes as it's basically deathmatch at the moment.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
26. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 15, 2012, 04:21 J

Hello. Welcome to Blue's News. How may I help you today? I'm sorry, nin. I'm afraid I can't do that.  

News Comments > StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm in March 2013
8. Re: StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm in March 2013 Nov 13, 2012, 12:35 J

I bought the original Starcraft maybe two or three times altogether. Haven't touched Starcraft 2 and don't feel like I'm missing anything.  

News Comments > PC Minecraft Sells 8 Million
29. Re: PC Minecraft Sells 8 Million Nov 12, 2012, 17:59 J

Enahs wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 15:21:
While I do not play Minecraft, it was worth making it for this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFdzA2wI6c0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B0gg58y02A

News Comments > Valve Confirms New Engine?
41. Re: Valve Confirms New Engine? Nov 12, 2012, 17:53 J

Topevoli wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 13:07:
Edit: Fixed grammatical errors that woman on dating sites would eviscerate me for.
What's that woman doing on so many dating sites? Is it solely correcting grammar? I couldn't resist. Resistance is futile.

News Comments > PC Minecraft Sells 8 Million
16. Re: PC Minecraft Sells 8 Million Nov 12, 2012, 14:31 J

Fantaz wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 10:35:
"69I960EHE0A4A0IVG0EHE02500R4R0G1T30PLJ00V6V0EHE0V1U01V10U5U0VGV0V4R"

Notch has gone crazy?
Could it be a seed?

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
14. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Nov 12, 2012, 04:10 J

ASeven wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 21:53:
I've been receiving some reports that Win8 is doing abysmal in sales. MS is going to get hurt with this one, more than it did with Vista. Hell, if my sources are correct we're talking of a WindowsME type of abysmal.
It's like 9/11 times 1000!

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 11, 2012, 16:02 J

That was pretty dumb right there.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 10, 2012, 12:44 J

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 10:07:
Can we get a english to hilly billy or mid-west? Ya know like wash is warsh etc.
I'm waiting for the WTF to English translator so that we can attempt intelligent discourse with trolls

News Comments > Molyneux's Curious PC Curiosity Explanation
15. Re: Molyneux's Curious PC Curiosity Explanation Nov 10, 2012, 10:15 J

I'm going to make a game called Ant God wherein a colony of ants move about randomly on the screen. These ants, being as small as they are, are represented by a solitary pixel each.

If you stare at these ants for long enough then patterns start to emerge but you have to be there at the right time in order to get a screenshot of it which you can then boast about on the internet.

In order to keep the ants alive you have to send me one dollar every day. If you don't then the ants start to die out and then you're left with a blank screen.

Considering you may see Jesus, animals, stars, a galaxy, or a work of art that an established artist may spend years painstakingly creating - one dollar a day isn't really that much.

Anything could happen. Your imagination is the limit! Do you have what it takes to be... THE ANT GOD!?

News Comments > StarCraft II Global Play Coming
1. Re: StarCraft II Global Play Coming Nov 9, 2012, 21:12 J

Wow! It's like taking a step forward but taking a step back at the same time. So edgy, man! Still not buying it.  

News Comments > Battle.net Authenticator Class Action Suit
1. Re: Battle.net Authenticator Class Action Sui Nov 8, 2012, 21:22 J

Popcorn  

News Comments > The Old Republic Goes Free to Play Next Week
6. Re: The Old Republic Goes Free to Play Next Wee Nov 8, 2012, 21:19 J

lo  

News Comments > Distance Kickstarter
29. Re: Distance Kickstarter Nov 8, 2012, 09:41 J

Dev wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 15:10:
J wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 10:25:
Agh, it's one thing when huge videos that are bigger than my screen are in threads - but to have it on the main page. Perhaps I am the only remaining neanderthal with a 1024x768 display
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey
Naw according to that theres... 5% of average gamers who still primary displays at that res
I'm nearly a part of the 1%

1274 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo