Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for J

Real Name J   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 15, 2008, 11:36
Total Comments 1247 (Pro)
User ID 45926

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 10, 2012, 04:40 J

I got 60 hours out of Dishonored before I got bored of it. That was three different playthroughs. Hitman gave me 30 before I became fed up of it. I don't think FC3 will keep me entertained for as long as Dishonored did, either...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Double XP Weekend
25. Re: PlanetSide 2 Double XP Weekend Dec 10, 2012, 04:34 J

Quboid wrote on Dec 9, 2012, 14:21:
I thought LA's 'F' ability was a jetpack.
That's activated by the jump key. The more you know *

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Double XP Weekend
17. Re: PlanetSide 2 Double XP Weekend Dec 9, 2012, 01:46 J

Cutter wrote on Dec 8, 2012, 19:44:
Dagnamit wrote on Dec 8, 2012, 19:26:
MonkeySpank wrote on Dec 8, 2012, 16:50:
Played for 30 mins then gave up. Why? No 3D Vision support.

rich people problems.

I hate that fucking 'first world problems' meme. Problems are problems and everything is relative. What? Are people not supposed to bitch about anything because they're not starving in some third world shithole? Just because other people around the globe can't get their shit together doesn't mean we should feel bad for them.
Not to undermine your rant or anything, but he actually said "rich people problems". It's a variation on a theme/meme. Just because you have a personal issue with said meme, it doesn't mean he should feel bad about you and not use it. Undermined your rant.

News Comments > GameSpy Sale Ends Sniper Elite Multiplayer
32. Re: GameSpy Sale Ends Sniper Elite Multiplayer Dec 9, 2012, 01:42 J

I enjoyed the Sniper Elite V2 multiplayer. Just my opinion. Don't shoot. Haters gonna hate.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Dec 8, 2012, 04:47 J

It seems you're getting too old for Little Lamplight. Don't worry, there's a great place you can go now...  

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Dec 7, 2012, 04:42 J

netnerd85 wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 01:38:
You'll need this to install Duke: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qz9a8kYYkA
ohyou.jpg

News Comments > SOE on PlanetSide 2 in 2025
13. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 1, 2012, 18:04 J

Crustacean Soup wrote on Dec 1, 2012, 17:44:
J wrote on Dec 1, 2012, 17:32:
I've yet to see any real benefits to being in a squad in PS2.

• Squad bonus XP
  • Squad organization and teamwork (waypoints; nearest deploy point near leader is Green; you can see squad members on the HUD; squad text and voice communication; etc.)
  • Squad spawn beacons
  • Squad/platoon-locked vehicles are open to you (and a number of squads do lock their vehicles, even if they're open squads)

• You can solo, but it's definitely more rewarding when you're squaded.

If you're just in it for the XP, then maybe it's not that much more rewarding, but then I don't know why you'd play this game at all.
    I played four hours solo and four hours in a squad and both ended up at the same level. I found solo to be more rewarding so far, both in terms of experience points and of gameplay experiences.

Frankly I've done the squad leader thing and I know what to look for so I can position myself accordingly (in the thick of it with my heavy or flanking/supporting with my infiltrator). And with a majority of players (I have played with) in PS2 not communicating, zerging, and the way benefits are awarded, I currently find solo to be better.

News Comments > SOE on PlanetSide 2 in 2025
    6. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 1, 2012, 17:32 J

Hump wrote on Dec 1, 2012, 16:32:
    the single most important thing you need to remember in PS2 is that it is a TEAM oriented game. join a squad the second you log in. Make sure the the leader is setting waypoints and giving orders so that you can focus on objectives. in most MMO's I much prefer soloing over guilds etc but in PS2, it (grouping) adds to the fun immeasurably. Plus your XP goes up much faster
    I disagree. I found squad-based play to be more rewarding in PS1, but in PS2 I do equally well (if not better now) when I solo. The way the XP currently is means all you have to do is show up in an attack, kill things, and be there when the cap goes through. I've yet to see any real benefits to being in a squad in PS2.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods
    38. Re: PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods Nov 28, 2012, 18:40 J

Trevellian wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 16:24:
    J wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 12:39:
    How are the TR going to win now?

Don't know what server you play on but on Waterson we (TR) had all 3 continents locked for over 24 hours about a day ago. The only competition on the server is Xen of Onslaught and DVS. Everyone else is pretty much scrubfactor.
    Next time you hear that whoosh sound go past your head don't think of it as a bullet, think of it as my joke

News Comments > Gollop on X-COM Remake
    24. Re: Gollop on X-COM Remake Nov 28, 2012, 15:23 J

Beamer wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 14:42:
    While I liked the concept of base invasions in the original, the way the game handled inventory made it an awful experience.

"Oh, good, I've got 40 soldiers but only 6 clips, half of which are HE clips for the autocannon I started with and never bothered selling..."

While it was avoidable if you diligently sold excess guns, the base invasions tended to come during the point in the game that I was trying to rush and focus exclusively on researching Cydonia.
    I prefer that to rush out satellites so everybody doesn't panic! any day.

At the moment Apocalypse is my favourite in the X-COM series. It was released in an era of single and relatively slow processors and yet it had plenty to manage and a more rounded experience.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods
    13. Re: PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods Nov 28, 2012, 12:39 J

How are the TR going to win now?  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
    7. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 25, 2012, 17:19 J

ELITE wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 17:11:
    Just enough energy to post...

Don't. Care. About. Consoles. ahhhhhh caring energy depleted.
    Is this the part where I chime in and ask why you used up the last of your caring energy on something you don't care about?

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
    3. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Nov 25, 2012, 16:16 J

My choice of login is relevant to this post  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III Patch
    3. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 23, 2012, 12:54 J

I lol'd  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Launches
    33. Re: PlanetSide 2 Launches Nov 21, 2012, 10:51 J

sir wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 03:59:
    As for identifying friend or foe, well, everyone in your faction has a blue icon above their head. Anyone who doesn't...well, you know what to do
    In my experience with the beta the icon doesn't always show. I found that out when it gave me warnings about friendly fire.

As far as I am concerned PS2 is still in beta

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Hitman: Absolution
    6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hitman: Absolution Nov 21, 2012, 09:18 J

I've kept pretty quiet about Hitman: Absolution until now because I wanted to give it a fair chance and see what I made of it. Honestly, I'm not sure what to make of it. Is it Hitman? It has elements of Assassin's Creed, Quick Time Events, Splinter Cell, Hitman... and it feels off to me.

I haven't yet put my finger on exactly what it is that bugs me. Part of it is that there are invisible triggers as opposed to previous Hitman games where each NPC did their own thing at a given time. If I am waiting for something to happen but am too far away then it may not happen, and I have to then move to another location in order to trigger the events into happening. The game is quietly waiting for me whilst I wait for it.

Whilst I see where the disguise feature is coming from, I'm not alone in believing that it can get downright daft. If I wear a chef's outfit then I have to beware of all merchants due to them all being unionised or what-have-you. Whilst I can go along with that as a game mechanic, the speed of detection can be faster than the speed of stupid. A lot of times it's okay and there's a build-up so you have an opportunity to adjust your strategy. At other times somebody sees through the disguise before you can react and you get the seen penalty and kiss goodbye to silent assassin. Have to start over again.

Checkpoints don't work properly. It remembers which hits you've done, but anybody else you've taken out are now back on their feet and any sequenced events are undone and have to begin over.

Stand against the wall by a door and the E button now opens the door and makes you move to the other side of the doorway in one push. An oversight there. Tech support's response to this?

Please note that they are not technically "bugs" as they do not prevent the user from completing the game and at this moment we do not know if a fix will be available at a later date.

Their definition of "bugs" concerns me there.

Due to how trespassing works I wouldn't recommend trying for Silent Assassin until you've played through the levels a few times and familiarised with them. Less turbulence that way.

I haven't tried Contracts yet as I want to think up a good one. Also, it's had some problems with the server and apparently once you create one you can't delete it or change its name.

One thing which really bugs me is that I seem to get funneled into playing the game a certain way by the way the game is designed. I'm hoping that - in time - I'll find other things which I overlooked that give me more options, but so far I've found more variety with Blood Money than I have with Absolution.

I've only put 15 hours into the game so far so I'm still feeling around and learning all the intricacies. It has moments, but it feels to me like playing Planetside 2 - it's trying to be a number of things and has subsequently lost its identity. It has moments of Hitman, but has moments of other things too. Frankly I've pretty much given up on the melee as I can't get a bead on what I'm supposed to be pressing in time, so if it happens I mash random buttons. That is not a plus in my book.

TL;DR version: It's trying to be Hitman

News Comments > Hitman: Absolution Reviews
    38. Re: Hitman: Absolution Reviews Nov 19, 2012, 13:39 J

Trevellian wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 11:52:
    *snip*...
    TL:DR? Fuck you
    Please don't feed the trolls.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
    12. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 18, 2012, 14:22 J

I've seen movies which have bombs in them, and those bombs have timers. A watch is a timer so he must be guilty. I'm going to send my CV in to the TSA now.  

News Comments > Deus Ex Film Director & Writer
    16. Re: Deus Ex Film Director & Writer Nov 16, 2012, 03:16 J

So long as it's based upon this then it'll be awesome!  

News Comments > Primal Carnage Free DLC Today
    7. Re: Primal Carnage Free DLC Today Nov 15, 2012, 15:28 J

This caught my eye the other day so I did a little digging. Official reviews seem luke-warm, player reviews seem higher, but there's an air of silence around it which leaves me feeling suspicious. TotalBiscuit was saying wait until there are more playmodes as it's basically deathmatch at the moment.  

1247 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 14.
    < Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo