Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname FLY
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 14, 2008, 22:06
Total Comments 96 (Suspect)
User ID 45922

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Commander In Chief Announced
2. Cool Apr 9, 2008, 15:57 FLY

The only Commander In Chief is me when i'm on my ceramic battleship. Bombs away

Seriously though this game sounds like it's gonna be the sh!t.

This comment was edited on Apr 9, 15:59.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Zero Ballistics Open Beta
7. Looks Neat Apr 4, 2008, 15:03 FLY

I shall give it a try! Looks awesome. We need more tank combat simulators. More simulators for that matter.

News Comments > WoW Bot Battle
38. Blizzard Botch Mar 26, 2008, 15:14 FLY

That's all fine and dandy but don't blame an inventor for your lack of thought,Blizzard. You should have seen programs like these coming. Blame the research/i.t department. The biggest problem with big business is the lack of being pro-active to problems i.e. see Microsoft's customer care for the 360. Horrendous.
If i was the defendant i would try to sell the program to Blizzard. Hey, it's worth a shot! Throw some money at him, Blizzard it's the American way;)
Some people think the case is like saying if someone created and sold a robot/program that could park a car, the car maker would sue the creator of the robot. Reality is, if the robot uses or rely's on any part of the vehicle program or structure for sustainment of it's operation and purpose, it's illegal.

In reality though, Blizzard is right. IF the program uses the game code in any way, function, or program design, it's illegal. Illegal because the program is being sold. Why do you think emulators are for free?
The defendant should NOT have offerend the program for sale. Big mistake. Build a name for yourself, gather experience in creation of programs. Gather a fan base, don't burn bridges. Submit resume to game company. Viola! a possible actual job making games.
It's the nature of common business and anti-piracy law. Don't copy other peoples sh!t and try to make a profit. You'll end up some dude's b!tch in prison.

thanks for reading

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 15:20.

News Comments > EA Attempts Hostile Take-Two Takeover
50. GAME ON Mar 13, 2008, 16:02 FLY

Microsoft will buy EA within 21 months.

(My theory. Not to get stockholders nervous of course)

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 16:08.

News Comments > Universe at War: Earth Assault Patch
1. No subject Mar 4, 2008, 17:32 FLY

"For those who prefer to roll their own"

FTW! Best synopsis i've heard all day

News Comments > EA/Take-Two Follow-ups
9. Message To EA Feb 25, 2008, 12:37 FLY

You have NO idea of the controversy. The wiser would wait out the storm to come then make a decision. Don't jump into unknown waters blinded by money signs. And don't be too greedy, Mr. Gates is eyeing YOU and the bid for Take-Two then he will make his move. The game is afoot.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Details
19. We Want Dropships Feb 21, 2008, 16:07 FLY

THIS is what i'm talkin' bout...

LISTEN UP! Are you mean?! ...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xd837x0dGjY

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 16:08.

News Comments > Analyzing the Analysts
3. No subject Feb 19, 2008, 16:58 FLY

Wow just wow.

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 17:21.

News Comments > 3D Realms/Apogee Sued
7. No subject Feb 19, 2008, 16:54 FLY

So i came up with an idea for automated buttwipe (toilet tissue) dispenser when i was in junior high. There was this robot arm that would...well....forget it nevermind. Oddly enough Nintendo failed to realize it's potential and came up with R.O.B The Robot. Go figure

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: No subject Jan 17, 2008, 18:29 FLY

Go to an optometrist.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. No subject Jan 17, 2008, 16:28 FLY

What a way to show respect, eh? Post a spam add smack dab in the middle of the article. Pathetic. Corporate greed has no bounds. Even in death of a person who ultimatley lined their pockets.

Here's IGN's corporate contact info if you would like to leave them some nice messages....

http://corp.ign.com/contact.html

Thank you Mr. Hutchinson for the years of fun playing these outstanding games. God Bless you on the journey. Oh how jealous are we of where you are now. With angels up high, the Lord beside you. For he knows of a good heart you have. For the lives you have touched and the memories you have given us. The ultimate goal in life is to enjoy it. With whatever it may be. God Bless you're family and children.
Thank you for all that you have given us.

~*~ FLY

This comment was edited on Jan 17, 16:35.

News Comments > New ATI CATALYST Drivers
3. strange observation Jan 16, 2008, 17:07 FLY

Anyone notice a tiny white square at the top left of the home screen? Doesn't seem to be any new programs running in the background since the last driver update. Hmmm Very odd...

News Comments > Inside Introversion
2. Re: Take That EA! Jan 16, 2008, 16:56 FLY

Loooolz. Guess EA WON'T be buying Introversion after all...
Nintendo has always been a good company. Would love to play Defcon on the Wii...

News Comments > New UFO: Alien Invasion
8. Re: Kukuman is right Jan 14, 2008, 17:43 FLY

I would agree slightly. I think it's possible but highly difficult. Moderation is key. There has to be a core group who determines what works and what doesn't. There are millions of players with ideas for games but no experience in programming or modding. Simplification of code and programs are allowing ideas to quickly become reality. I guess if it was too easy then there would be a ton of junk out there.
A game in the vein of Warcraft could be possible in near future for open source. All you would have to do is create a game engine that generates buildings/environments/people/creatures automatically. Obviously the basic creation of them would reside with the designers of each object. If the engine can do that without having things clip then it would work.

I can see this working in say Warcraft Universe. Where the game takes to the galaxy. A technology would have to be incorporated in the game for player traits. Once players achieve a certain level or trait, they can start their journey toward the stars, create ships, Imagine that...

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 17:45.

6. Re: No subject Jan 14, 2008, 17:23 FLY

Well Advocate, found some interesting details regarding the installation error at the dev. site. Seems this is a widespread problem.

Read here:

http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=2040.0

I have an ATI Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running on a 2.6 comp with XP SP2 with the latest driver; 7.12. The solution is either rollback to the 9.9 or wait for a fix. I'll prob wait for a fix.

I've been playing this game since the earlier versions. For anyone who remembers the awesome original XCOM, this game is basically a revamped version of that. What's cool is anyone with experience on modding can add to the game. A game in which the community has hands on help is brilliant.

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 17:25.

4. No subject Jan 14, 2008, 17:09 FLY

Problems with the installer. This game does not run. Here's what it says:

---- filesystem initialization -----
Adding game dir: ./base
Added packfile ./base/0base.pk3 (4 files)
Added packfile ./base/0maps.pk3 (461 files)
Added packfile ./base/0media.pk3 (8 files)
Added packfile ./base/0models.pk3 (1231 files)
Added packfile ./base/0music.pk3 (35 files)
Added packfile ./base/0pics.pk3 (1577 files)
Added packfile ./base/0snd.pk3 (131 files)
Added packfile ./base/0ufos.pk3 (73 files)
using C:\Documents and Settings\Jason\Application Data\UFOAI/2.2/base for writing
Adding game dir: C:\Documents and Settings\Jason\Application Data\UFOAI/2.2/base
execing default.cfg
couldn't exec config.cfg
execing keys.cfg

----- network initialization -------
libcurl/7.16.4 zlib/1.2.2 initialized.

------ server initialization -------

----- console initialization -------
Console initialized.

------- video initialization -------
SDL version: 1.2.11
I: desktop depth: 32bpp
I: setting mode 6: 1024x768 (fullscreen: no)
I: got 8 bits of stencil
I: got 32 bits of depth buffer
I: got double buffer
I: got 8 bits for red
I: got 8 bits for green
I: got 8 bits for blue
GL_VENDOR: Microsoft Corporation
GL_RENDERER: GDI Generic
GL_VERSION: 1.1.0
GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_WIN_swap_hint GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_paletted_texture
No hardware acceleration detected

Shutdown

HELP!? I've played the older versions and this game is really cool. I have the latest drivers for my graphics card and latest version of DX.

96 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo