Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname FLY
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 14, 2008, 22:06
Total Comments 96 (Suspect)
User ID 45922

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Six Days in Fallujah Announcement
11. Re: Six Days in Fallujah Announcement Apr 14, 2009, 16:49 FLY

I don't know, it might be a cool game. Some good things CAN come out of this. Give it a chance. What Konami should do to tide the anger mongers and debate, is donate or make some sort of contribution to the K.I.A soldiers' families or those injured in the war. Heck, maybe even do something good for the Iraqi children and families. Who knows, maybe in 10 years the greatest programmers and game designers will be from the Middle East. Don't always look at the bad things in life. Konami has been with us for a long time and have made some great strides along the way. I don't want to get into a political debate about the whole thing. Let's just play games and handle the debate in Deathmatch!? May the Gods bless you, carry on,

Semper Fi

On a more serious note...WHERE'S AXELAY 2??!!

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 2009, 16:50.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Company of Heroes & Opposing Fronts Patched
8. Re: Company of Heroes & Opposing Fronts Patched Mar 30, 2009, 19:33 FLY

Gandalf at the bridge of Khazad-dum: "This is beyond any.. ummm.. ruuuuun!"

Thank you Relic.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Retail Sales
29. Re: Left 4 Dead Retail Sales Mar 27, 2009, 17:37 FLY

OK..they should have PLENTY of money now to do a full HALF LIFE 3. Not another 5 level "Episode 3". Common Valve! WTF  

News Comments > Blizzard's Fifth Project
29. Re: Same old IP's? Mar 27, 2009, 17:27 FLY

There's currently a contest for "design your own Blizzard theme park" on their WoW site...who knows.

Anyway, some things i think the game will incorporate:

1.) Something of a mmorpg but with real-world rewards. For example when players level up they get points to use for online purchases at various advertiser/sponsor sites. Just a thought. Would be cool to actually get something out of a game that charges 15bucks a month. If i hit levels 30,40,50,60,70,80 etc. and got a ton of achievements and finsished a ton of quests, i should have a ton of points to use in any way i wish.

2.) A X3/PSO type space mmorpg game but with the ability for players to build things in real time and use them. Say if your in a guild and you have some engineers, miners, blacksmiths,etc. They could all use their gained abilities and items to eventually build a spaceship to travel to other parts of the universe and planets. Every single part of the ship would be built. As players advance/quest they find different/rare items to use and in tern build a better ship. Maybe the more advanced ships could take weeks to build.

When players are at the stage for space travel the ship would transverse the atmosphere's in real time. It wouldn't be instantaneous. Skill would be required. Each player would use their gained abilities/traits to make sure the ship stayed aloft and at power.

Overall i think these ideas are where WoW is heading. Who knows? A more advanced graphics engine is obviously needed.

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 2009, 17:34.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Sale & Ubi's Good Old Games
21. Re: Far Cry 2 Sale & Ubi's Good Old Games Mar 26, 2009, 16:38 FLY

FC2 price is a steal. I'd pay that price for the map editor alone. You can spend all f'in day in that game torching stuff and blasting shit to hell. The game is enormous with plenty of stuff to see. Multiplayer is pretty good.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Sale & Ubi's Good Old Games
15. Re: Far Cry 2 Sale & Ubi's Good Old Games Mar 26, 2009, 16:20 FLY

Il-2 1946 is still a great game. Nothing like reigning death upon the enemy from 4000+ meters up or playing some online co-op missions. Anyone not familiar should check it out. It's probably the best(as has been)combat flight sim around. Get a good joystick and upgrade that memory on your computer it'll help. Remember to configure the controls too. Everything from landing gear, cockpit lights, wing fold, superchargers can all be configured and set to a key. A don't forget a pair of those 1940's style flight goggles. Never know when you'll have to open the canopy.

Also, the most popular program to use for online play is Hyperlobby: http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=2&orderby=dateA
Keep in mind many of the players are skilled veterans and don't take lightly to teamkilling.

I'm using an ATI HD 2600 XT 512MB AGP with 2GB ram. Still have to run Catalyst at "High Quality". Open GL seems to run the game better but it depends on your rig. Just keep in mind you can fix all those jaggies to make the graphics looks pretty damn good using your graphics card config.

Can't wait for the next edition of IL-2. Hopefully the B-29 and B-17's interiors are mapped and the AA gun ports are available.

Here's the main website with a sizeable forum:
http://www.pacific-fighters.com/en/home.php

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2009, 16:32.

News Comments > FileFront Closing
14. Re: FileFront Closing Mar 25, 2009, 23:06 FLY

The owner of the site is "Ziff Davis Publishing". Well known in the old EGM days to pull some nifty April fools jokes. Them shutting down with no stated reason just doesn't make any sense does it? I mean, a simple "you guys are cheap fucks stop leaching and start paying us or we die" would have been sufficient. Look at all their affiliates too. But at the top it says over "Over 1.5 million files totaling 48+ TB of space". That's one hell of a collection and monthly bill?.

I'm goin with teh April Fools joke of massive proportions AND a marketing ploy to get more financial support from the users.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Stormrise
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Stormrise Mar 24, 2009, 16:31 FLY

OK...now where in the heck is the new Strider, dammit?  

News Comments > Valve on Being Acquired
35. Unseen Forces Aug 5, 2008, 18:31 FLY

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p293/JAD1176/EAValve2.jpg

Hints&Quotes:

We were told by G-Man to "prepare for unforeseen consequences."

"some interesting offers for Gordon's services"... -G-Man

"the highest bidder" -Dr. Breen talking about the theory that Gordon Freeman is hired out by G-Man.

G-Man considers Alyx a worthy "investment". -See the new Fakefactory CM8 mod for more..ahem..details.

"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world." -G-Man referring to you and how you can stop this OR let it stay it's course.

News Comments > Valve on Being Acquired
34. Briefcase? Aug 5, 2008, 18:28 FLY

What's in the briefcase that G-Man has?
This comment was edited on Aug 5, 18:35.

News Comments > New ATI Reference Drivers
2. Re: hmmm Jul 21, 2008, 16:40 FLY

-I tried this 8.7 driver and it don't work with the Visiontek ATI Radeon XT2600 AGP card. Suppose it doesn't for 2xxx and later.

Just an f.y.i to any XP users out there.

The AGP Radeon Visiontek 8.6 Driver Hotfix has been out for a few weeks now. I (s.w.a.t) posted the link, (thanks Ati)to it on Visiontek's forums. Works with the Visiontek XT2600 AGP, 2xxx and later cards using XP OS.

The driver was also added to their main Support/Driver page.

*Read*
http://www.visiontek.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4109&sid=8c1ff652ea40c935d66c56e35f52c961

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 16:58.

News Comments > Ride to Hell Announced
8. Hell is for losers Jul 10, 2008, 16:05 FLY

Hell is not cool nor should be promoted as being cool. I do not want to ride to Hell. We ride through Hell everyday on our ways to work and back. What the Hell is with all the Hell games as of late. At least in Doom you could kick the Hell outta the demons. I will shut the Hell up now.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 16:06.

News Comments > Blizzard: Another Day, Another Tease
28. Hell smells Diablo laid an egg Jun 24, 2008, 16:31 FLY

for those who haven't already, search and you will find...

Hel wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hel_(being)

Hel is Norse for:
"Goddess of the underworld"

*also could mean something that is "hidden" perhaps a technology or "enlightenment".

When saved, the background image colors can be inverted, thus revealing a red background. Stare into the void and you will see a giant anus ready to cram what's left of your World Of Warcraft poisoned soul down into the voids of Hell.

...It is not wise to delve into the realms of the occult.

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 16:33.

News Comments > The Princess Bride Ships, Demo
3. Hello Jun 18, 2008, 16:13 FLY

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die.

News Comments > Bethesda Softworks and Splash Damage
24. Re: @ Fly May 23, 2008, 00:57 FLY

@ "Surf"
I think you misunderstood my ideas.

Ubisoft is taking the first step with environments able to catch fire, wind/weather affecting the player, better physics, etc.

The next step is creating A.I to build things. Peter Molyneux has been working on this for years.

Now imagine for example if in GTA 4 the environments were destructable. Now take that a step further and add the addition of weather/fires and sporadic natural disasters. Now make the A.I or player able to repair/rebuild things. Not by simply having the pieces form from spawnpoints or parts found during a quest.

Imagine if for example when playing WOW,earthquakes could happen or severe storms could happen altering and opening up new regions to explore. Maybe on a certain date a certain race of beings would visit the game and give/grant players the gift of flight? Whether it be in the form of technology or simply taking them somewhere for a certain time and awarding them with special items to allow them to get there. It's all possible.

Gmod is a program that comes to mind for some of these ideas. The mechanics using physics to make something is truly the step into the future.

Finally throw it all online in a massive persistent expanding world. Yes this would all be hard to do. But game companies are taking steps to get there.

This comment was edited on May 23, 00:58.

News Comments > Bethesda Softworks and Splash Damage
9. Great May 22, 2008, 16:26 FLY

Sounds like a plan. Both companies make outstanding games. The Oblivion series is probably the greatest rpg game ever conceived. How about a mmorpg where players can actually BUILD things. A persistent world where players can also visit other planets in real time. Not a point and click rpg/mmorpg like Warcraft and clones though. Something more in the spirit of Oblivion and LOTRO with a little Terminator thrown in. Since my Warcraft Universe idea hasn't been picked up yet by Blizzard, maybe this collaboration of Bethesda and Splash Damage will expand the genre. New ideas await us! It'll be interesting to see what they will create. Get posting on their forums!

News Comments > New ATI Drivers
6. Re: No subject May 21, 2008, 22:39 FLY

I know that. It's not ATI's fault. I'm trying not to complain. HAD to say somthing though, that's all. I guess with a few tweaks the V-Tek cards can run. I imagine ATI has a ton more testors than V-tek. Hopefully V-tek can get their drivers out.

Otherwise this latest driver from ATI sounds great. A few more graphics options and tweaks for full on Radeon cards. ATI is getting back in the game!

3. Nope May 21, 2008, 19:19 FLY

ATI drivers on main site are not compatible with Visiontek's cards. This is rediculous. S.O.A.S.E releases a new patch so i installed that. Now my Sins Of A Solar Empire won't even boot up. Momma?

Visiontek takes FOREVER to release drivers for their cards. I'm getting performance probs bigtime with this HD 2600 XT AGP card. Tried the hotfix and everything also. Horrible. Nowonder it was on sale. I'm preparing this card for flight...

I don't recommend Visiontek cards. Nothing but problems.

This comment was edited on May 21, 19:22.

1. onward! May 21, 2008, 17:32 FLY

Ok let's see if THIS one works for my Visiontek HD 2600XT recently discounted video card. If not i shall throw this card off the highest peaks of Dolly Parton's mamarries into a pool of David Archuleta's tears.

News Comments > X-Plane Demo, Patch
3. WTF Apr 21, 2008, 13:21 FLY

Took me 20mins to figure out the controls!!1 What a crock of sh!t!!1
The graphics are MUCH better. But again, we need more time to play a demo if you think we are going to pay $80.00 for a game and not have time to try it, you gotta be nuts. Whoever does their PR should be thrown to the street. Idiot.

96 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo