Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname FLY
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 14, 2008, 22:06
Total Comments 96 (Suspect)
User ID 45922

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > WoW Accounts to Battle.net Next Month
11. Re: WoW Accounts to Battle.net Next Month Oct 14, 2009, 21:52 FLY

After you merge...

For WoW

Login: is the email you used for Battlenet.

Password: is your Battlenet password.

Obviously you are confused and i can't blame you it is kinda confusing. When all else fails, read the directions.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2009, 21:54.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight Trailer
1. Re: Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight Trailer Oct 13, 2009, 19:05 FLY

Guess there's always hope for C&C 5

This comment was edited on Oct 13, 2009, 19:39.

News Comments > $25 Mil Left 4 Dead 2 Ad Campaign
91. Re: $25 Mil on L4D2 Ads Oct 10, 2009, 20:37 FLY

So uhh when's the movie coming out? $25 million? Wow. Ok if i start to see a zombies with L4D 2 t-shirts walking around the local mall, i'll know Valve went too far. But it would be awesome!  

News Comments > Shaba Closure Confirmed
4. Re: Shaba Closure Confirmed Oct 10, 2009, 20:24 FLY

"No, they're resources. And it's necessary if they have no chance to make any games that will sell. Why should they keep a poorly performing studio together? Because they can? Stockholders will love that one. You close what isn't good, and Shaba wasn't doing very well. It's fairly simple. All of us would do the same thing. If we own a studio and we have an employee that isn't doing well we get rid of him. We might not want to, but we do it.

Shaba could have avoided this by not selling out to Activision. Of course, they never would have made it this far without Activision's dollars, so...

Yes, it sucks and yes, it isn't happy, but you can't blame a studio for shuttering a poorly performing studio."

Score a victory for Shaba. Lol! Nice work. Now you are free to roam from the confines of a dictator.

Activision seems like a GREEDY company now compaired to way back when. How about they open up those off shore bank accounts (sarcasm) and invest the money in a few video game schools? How about they offer scholarships? If they do, i certainly don't hear or read about it. How about they donate some of that Call Of Duty cash to the injured Iraqi and Afghanistan war vets and their families.

Activision and it's execs are so high off the smell of cash seems they could give a crap about anything other than making more. Example; Activision customer support. I get better customer support from the drive through lady for my $1 hamburger than i do for a $59.99 video game.

It's sickening,i know. Yet people continue to purchase their products. Activision/Blizzard make billions off of World of Warcraft alone yet give nothing back to it's paying subscribers. Seriously...fireworks and a few healing potions for reaching level 80. No epic mount, no free 2 months of game time, no I Love Murloc's t-shirt, NOTHING.

If you have any knowledge of the industry you would know that a owned studio get's it's funds from the owner. Also, it's up to the studio leads to hire talent. If no funds are available to hire decent talent, one result is lack of quality in the end product.

If a game or game studio is to be great, the word "stockholder" should never be mentioned or spoken in the presence of the designers. They surely will make the product bad and do anything they can to leave.

There's a huge problem in the video game industry as of late. Lack of creativity, customer support, and rediculous video game costs to the end user. $59.99 here and $59.99 there everytime a new game comes out.

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2009, 20:41.

News Comments > Worldshift in North America
1. Re: Worldshift in North America Oct 9, 2009, 16:45 FLY

Looks awesome. Found a trailer at Youtube. HQ available
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGj7lU55Fi0

News Comments > Scivelation Announced
6. Re: Scivelation Announced Oct 9, 2009, 16:35 FLY

Cool. New Crysis pictures. Er...uhhh..wait a minute i have another call. Crytek is on the line and they are ummm talking about copyright er something.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Signups Follow-up
2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Signups Follow-up Sep 30, 2009, 16:38 FLY

"Mwuaaaarrrrgghhhhuuhh uurrraaarrrggghhhhuuhh rrraaauuggghhh""

-Chewbacca

translation:

"This %#$%^@ up i can't log in or create account. I'm gonna smash this keyboard to bits."

GOOD LUCK signing up. I tried 100 times. The force is too strong.

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2009, 16:39.

News Comments > Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack
1. Re: Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack Sep 18, 2009, 16:13 FLY

Ok.... but did they fix the profile problem, patching program, and ranking issues? Profile problem won't even let players play online. Especially if they uninstalled and reinstalled the game. And don't get me started on the patching. This game has so many problems i'm suprised it's not in the $19.99 bin. Great game on the outside though.  

News Comments > Crytek's German Crisis
15. Re: Crytek's German Crisis Aug 5, 2009, 19:02 FLY

To Crytek:

Plenty of room available and incentives in Michigan, USA. And i do believe there are more incentives for software developers. Please visit soon. You'll be glad you did.

Here's a recent article(2-09)about Stardock Entertainment, who are based in Michigan.
http://www.areadevelopment.com/newsItems/2-4-2009/michigan-stardock-headquarters-software.shtml

"The state (Michigan) has awarded the company a $1.2 million tax credit over 10 years, along with additional incentives that are specific to film and digital media companies; local tax abatements are also under consideration."

Here's another article (10-08):
http://www.californiafilmindustry.com/News/GameOnVideogametaxincentivesinterstatecompetition.html

"The latter figure includes Michigan, which passed a multifaceted tax-incentive bill for film, TV, online video, and video game production in April 2008 to date, the most generous of its kind in the United States. It offers film, TV, and game producers a tax credit of up to 42 percent if they use Michigan-based resources including actors, studios, and crews. Anthony Wenson, chief developer for the Michigan Film Office, said the state's film incentives are far more popular but that the game industry will catch on quickly."

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 2009, 19:03.

News Comments > Asteroids Movie Plans
12. Re: Asteroids Movie Plans Jul 2, 2009, 16:12 FLY

are you $#@^@^@$! kidding me? Take with that comment what you will and i'll see you at the dollar theater.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Picks Up Heroes Over Europe
2. Re: Ubisoft Picks Up Heroes Over Europe Jul 2, 2009, 16:10 FLY

Looks awesome. Great detail so far. Not so sure on the "ps3 and 360" versions. Looks like it'll be a simplified air combat game and not a simulator. I think i'll stick to Il-2 Sturmovik: 1946 for pc. Imo the best combat flight simulator ever made. Direct X > Open GL  

News Comments > Blizzard's Cataclysm TMs
29. Re: Blizzard's Cataclysm TMs Jul 1, 2009, 18:58 FLY

hmmmm...interesting. Let's proceed, shall we?

Cataclysm:

Definition: disaster
Antonyms: boon, good fortune, happiness, miracle, wonder

The "cataclysm" is the Greek expression for the Deluge, from the Greek "kataklysmos", to 'wash down' (kluzein "wash" + kata "down")

A violent natural or social event. A violent upheaval that causes great destruction or brings about a fundamental change.

o...k.....wait, isn't that the year 2012?

So, a mmorpg. But what kind? Space, mythology, futuristic, ancient culture(s), current events? It's gonna be huge and i think will incorporate more physics. My guess is it will have the same format as Battlefield Heroes or The Hunter where players log in to a website to play and type in bottle cap codes and candy bar wrapper codes to get stuff. Aweeeeesooooommeeeeee!!!...

On a more serious note. Can't wait to get started with the guild building the starship.

News Comments > Call of Duty 7 In Production
21. Re: Call of Duty 7 In Production May 13, 2009, 12:42 FLY

Don't they mean Call Of Duty World At War 2? There are a few companies working of Call Of Duty games. Please clarify, Bluesnews.

I have it for the PC. A lot of players complained it didn't run well on the PC. I'm reading comments here and wondering what the hell version people are complaining about,lol. Imo FPS suck on consoles. The only good ones i remember were Metroid Prime on the Gamecube and Halo on the original Xbox.

Just a quick tip for single core Radeon users. Before running/starting the game, set the Catalyst 3D Settings; Standard Settings to "Balanced". The game runs a hell of a lot better and you can turn up a lot of the in game graphic settings.

Call of Duty: World At War is a great game imo. Some of the best action in the Call Of Duty series. Loved the tank combat part and the part where your in the plane wish there was more. Very well done on all fronts including the voice acting which was cool to hear Mr. 24, Keifer Sutherland himself yelling commands at the squad. Very cool.

In the next version of WAW would love to see a B-17/B-25 mission(s) where you are racing from gun port to gun port defending the plane. Even setting the bomb sites and controlling the bombing aspect. Or how about actually being able to bail out in a massive air drop campaign?

The patching process in faulty imo. It messes up your game if you uninstall then reinstall. I unistalled it to make room for another game/RAM issues and when i go to install it, i get errors due to the patches. I can't get my old game profile back. My fault for not saving the game settings on uninstall.

Reason's why so many people have trouble running the PC version is that the game doesn't appear to have been optimized. Optimization basically means the compatibility of the game on the user end. Seems MANY game developers don't spend that extra few months optimizing. Could be due to deadlines or crunch time to meet street date? It's understandable but overall it's VERY important to know what the hell kind of computers game players have.

Can't wait to see what Treyarch comes up with next. See you on the battlefield motherf$%&rs.

(waiting patiently for an decent WW2 mmorpg game)

This comment was edited on May 13, 2009, 13:10.

News Comments > 3D Realms Closing?
97. Re: 3D Realms Closing? May 7, 2009, 17:08 FLY

3DRealms needs a buyer. Ok fine times are tough people and bills need to get paid. They should have no problems finding one. The new Duke Nukem game(s) are/is "continuing as planned". But what about Prey 2? Hmmmm...

Also, 3DRealms has STEAM and Impulse as major candidates for digital PC distribution which would cost 3DRealms next to nothing. Impulse has over 1 million members. STEAM has about 700 thousand to 1 million members.

A limited collectors edition for the PC would be nice also

Nothing more than a marketing ploy albeit an odd one. In the bigger picture it will all make sense. The news was even on the BBC UK site which is odd but again, make sense if 3DRealms is looking for a new owner. The UK has many outstanding and successful game studios.

But what's important is ideas. 3DRealms needs new games and with a new owner they just may get the funds they need to make those ideas a reality.

The continued support from the community and fans is important. You can see by all the comments in here. Many have been in the 3DRealms forums for 7-10 years. Never give up the fight. Sometimes change is a good thing. We love our Duke Nukem as do millions of fans around the world. I'm sure when the game(s) are done they will be worth the wait.

This comment was edited on May 7, 2009, 17:21.

News Comments > New Activision Blizzard Chairman
3. Re: New Activision Blizzard Chairman May 5, 2009, 16:16 FLY

I wouldn't make comments like that if i were you. Or the only thing you'll be shooting is a soap enema up your buht region.  

News Comments > Freaky Space for Freaky Creatures
1. Re: Freaky Space for Freaky Creatures May 5, 2009, 16:12 FLY

Long as they don't get freaky with that probe i'm down.

This comment was edited on May 5, 2009, 16:13.

News Comments > Valve sues Activision Blizzard
15. Re: Valve sues Activision Blizzard May 1, 2009, 16:07 FLY

Just a word of caution to Activision/Blizzard. Don't mess with the Gman he works in mysterious ways. His powers are beyond comprehension.

This just in....Activion/Blizzard sign a deal to distribute games via Steam...
don't burn your bridges Activision. It may be the only route you have left after the massive piracy storm when SC2 and Diablo 3 get released.

News Comments > Battlestations: Pacific Demo
11. Re: Battlestations: Pacific Demo Apr 30, 2009, 19:58 FLY

Just got through trying the PC demo. Spent about 90 minutes playing this. Great demo. Some outstanding atmosphere in this. Realistic explosions and sounds that rattle the walls. You can destroy tons of stuff in the campaign demo. Can even try the skirmish mode which has battleships, subs, C-130 transports, B-29 which can wreak f'in havoc. Haven't tried the Japanses side yet though the units look just as cool. Controls are a little tricky with the mouse. The graphics and sounds are great and work well so far. Though the voice audio is repetative maybe they can add more. I will be buying this one hope there's a collectors version available. Welcome back Eidos.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 2009, 20:31.

News Comments > Battlestations: Pacific Demo
8. Re: Battlestations: Pacific Demo Apr 30, 2009, 16:29 FLY

First one was fun and recommended. Should tide me over 'til the new IL-2 Sturmovik game is done

Still waiting for a decent multiplayer/MMO? WW2 game. Yeah i know a lot of WW2 games have been made. Just some thoughts here. Maybe one in which players can take actual control of battleships and carriers and their weapons. Heck, even submarines, tanks battalions, fighter squadrons,etc,etc. How about actually riding/piloting in B-17's, B-25's, and B-29's and even Zepellins. IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 has the B-17 and B-29 but the interiors aren't mapped out and you can't control the on board guns. Not sure if any other games have the WW2 era bombers interiors mapped. I can't remember any that did.

Would be awesome to be in a B-17 or B-29 with about 10 friends en route for a massive bombing campaign with fighter support. If the plane gets damaged, players could hot tail it to the door and grab their chutes and supplies for bailout. The screen would twist and turn as the plane breaks apart adding an element of challenge to the gameplay. The audio would be as realistic as possible. Or maybe the pilot and players could remain on board and try to bring her in for a safe landing. If they bailout and survive the AA fire/flak from below and make it to the ground, they could continue on their mission(s).

Once there, players could make their way/fight through the environments and go to bases,towns,and even create bases for supply/research/trade etc.etc. The action would have to be ramped up a bit. Everything in the game would be destructable and re-buildable. Engineers, Commanders, Scientists, Weapon Research, Medics, all would be able to "advance" in levels like in WoW and be able to create/trade WW2 era items and technology. I would say the "rares" would be Nikola Tesla related stuff? :/
Would be interesting to see how players of today would "live" it. Though i know nothing compaired with all due respect to what our fore-fathers went through. Would it be like the history books or would that world be re-written. I could go but i'll leave the rest to your imagination. It can be done. Maybe Eidos Studios could advance the series towards that. It would even be interesting to see what Blizzard could do with that genre they have the mmo experience. Obviously the physics engine would have to be elevated a notch or two. Carry on, soldiers.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 2009, 17:28.

News Comments > Red Faction: Guerilla DLC Plans
6. Re: Red Faction: Guerilla DLC Plans Apr 25, 2009, 17:39 FLY

This game is gonna kick ass. Only problem i see in the 360 demo is the music. I hope in the final version the devs add an option to allow for users to play their own music, like in GTA. Vehicles look very cool. Wonder if there's some flying ones?
The details are where it's at in this one. Love tossing sticky bombs at the enemies very funny to watch the enemies reactions and the aftermath. There's a TON of exploding stuff and nice explosions. I must have spent 2 hours straight playing the demo on XBL. Great stuff.

96 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo