Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Grooves

Real Name Grooves   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Grooves
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 9, 2008, 14:34
Total Comments 78 (Suspect)
User ID 45862

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > SSFIV AE Uses Always-On DRM
42. Re: SSFIV AE Uses Always-On DRM May 26, 2011, 08:48 Grooves

Seriously? Yet another company that refuses to learn the lessons of those that came before?

How can supposedly smart people in the industry continuously make such horrible blunders? All you did is guarantee a certain percentage of people that were going to buy the game now won't. It certainly won't entice someone who wasn't going to buy the game in the first place to buy it. So what do we have? A net loss in sales. Nice job.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DRM Change for AC Brotherhood
25. Re: DRM Change for AC Brotherhood Feb 23, 2011, 09:14 Grooves

Are you kidding me? FUCK YOU Ubisoft. I am tired of these companies trying to dictate how and when I play the games that I pay way too much money for to begin with.

Yes, I have broadband. But I also live in a rural area and the internet sometimes craps out. It's that one time when I would want to play and the internet is down that would make me feel like a total chump for buying the game. So I won't. I don't understand how supposedly educated people in positions of power at these companies make such terrible decisions and keep their jobs. It's CLEAR what PC gamers think of DRM.

What would have satisfied me is a ONE-TIME check to allow the install of the game and that's it. It never contacts Ubisoft again and I can play whenever I want.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse May 28, 2010, 18:15 Grooves

Wow. A mother was convicted of locking her MINOR son out of his facebook account. That is wrong on so many fucking levels. So many.

Regardless of whether he lived with her or not this shouldn't have ever went to court. What a horrible message this sends to all the whiny asshole teenagers out there. They all think they now have a RIGHT to a facebook account. I hope parents everywhere quickly block facebook at their houses and forbid their children from every using it.

If the courts are going to act this absurd then exercise what rights you have left parents. You have a RIGHT to deny any website to your child in your home. You have a RIGHT to block the internet altogether. Do it now before you can't.

Before anyone wastes their time I understand she locked him out of his account and then posted under his name. So fucking what. She is his mother. That doesn't make it right but what harm did she really do? I think she is probably correct in stating that the only mistake she ever made was having a child because this asshole fuck of a son needs to be put down for taking his own mother to court.

News Comments > Infinity Ward on Modern Warfare 2's Length
26. Re: Infinity Ward on Modern Warfare 2's Length Oct 20, 2009, 16:44 Grooves

" I would much rather have a great shorter game, then some long & drawn out boring 20 hour game."

Something tells me you don't pay for these games yourself.

If you did you would value your dollar more.

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2009, 16:45.

News Comments > Infinity Ward on Modern Warfare 2's Length
25. Re: Infinity Ward on Modern Warfare 2's Length Oct 20, 2009, 16:42 Grooves

Not worth anything even close to $60.

$30 is steep.

If it was a nice solid 10-15 hour campaign we might have a deal. But flushing $60 down the drain potentially in an afternoon? Yeah, I don't think so.

News Comments > PC Modern Warfare 2 $60? [Updated]
14. Re: PC Modern Warfare 2 $60? Aug 18, 2009, 10:39 Grooves

If this turns out to be true these publishers can go fuck themselves.

Not only do they want to dumb down games so console gamers can keep up they now want to start raising the price of PC games up to $60?

I will never pay $60 for a damn game. Never.

Rest assured that all the publishers will follow suit and the $60 price point will become the standard across all platforms.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 9, 2009, 21:38 Grooves

Google OS is no threat because it's open source and thus the victim of sub-par QA and sub-par coding.

Seriously, are we not past the rebellious open source movement at this point?

Windows 7 is rock solid and will be the dominant OS for years to come.

News Comments > On the WoW Business Model
2. Re: On the WoW Business Model Jul 6, 2009, 12:22 Grooves

This would happen AFTER they release their next MMO.  

News Comments > Tim Sweeney Interview
3. Re: Tim Sweeney Interview May 26, 2009, 17:05 Grooves

Fuck you Sweeney.

You have forsaken what made you.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed May 14, 2009, 09:43 Grooves

Ok enough with the piling on gaming media.

3DRealms screwed up. We all know that. No need to release attack after attack, especially on the Duke character itself. Most of the whiners writing about this weren't even PC gamers when it came out.

I for one will miss it.

News Comments > City of Heroes MA Exploits to End
10. Re: City of Heroes MA Exploits to End May 6, 2009, 11:04 Grooves

I am so tired of hearing these controlling devs and players talk about fair and balanced and doing what's right.

Please just shut up. It's a FUCKING GAME. A FUCKING GAME.

News Comments > Zeno Clash Demo
22. Re: Zeno Clash Demo May 2, 2009, 16:53 Grooves

Really nice game from an Indie.

Great art style. The combat is good, but not great.

However, it still FEELS like an Indie title when you are playing it. That's ok but I won't pay $20 to feel that way. $10 - $15 is perfect for this game. I will purchase it when it goes on sale again.

News Comments > Lost Planet 2 PC?
2. Re: Lost Planet 2 PC? Apr 28, 2009, 12:57 Grooves

I expect this to have all the faults that PC ports typically have.

Doesn't matter. Lost Planet was nothing special.

News Comments > Demigod Patched
35. Re: Demigod Patched Apr 16, 2009, 17:31 Grooves

Here's an idea. Don't ship the game until it's done.  

News Comments > Demigod Day 0 Report
16. Re: Demigod Day 0 Report Apr 15, 2009, 15:41 Grooves

I don't understand the pass this game is getting. It shipped early with bugs that are inexcusable if it was properly beta tested.

Somehow the dev's have garnered good will for their stance on no DRM. Typically games get killed for shipping in this state. But not this one. Very interesting. They are still wanting your money for an unfinished product.

News Comments > Assault on Dark Athena DRM Backlash
58. Re: On Dark Athena DRM Apr 9, 2009, 16:50 Grooves

And fuck the devs, right?

Creston

These Devs you love so much....do you think they give a rat's fucking ass about YOU? Hell no they don't. They just want to get paid. They just want your dollar.

I just want VALUE for my money. And part of that VALUE is weighed in how much bullshit is attached to a product I buy. It's a give and take relationship. You don't understand that on any level. I GIVE them my money. I WANT a game. That's all. No bullshit attached. Too bad they couldn't do that. Many other Devs/Publishers do.

But to answer your question, no I don't care about the dev's. They are the least of my worries. The devs can take care of themselves...or wait...maybe they can't with such lousy activation scams in their game.

This comment was edited on Apr 9, 2009, 16:51.

57. Re: On Dark Athena DRM Apr 9, 2009, 16:46 Grooves

"Seriously, how many times are you going to upgrade major components in the life span of a game installed on your machine? By the time you get around to doing so, the game will have already been dated and you'd have moved on to the next game."

Care about your liberties much?

The fact is it's my RIGHT to play with my machine as often as I fucking want. Do you even understand that? Since I have money to spend on parts I upgrade all the time. Doesn't matter though. Even if I reformat my drive and reinstall my OS once a week that's my right to do so.

It however is NOT their right to take my $50 and then tell me what to do with that product. Who are they kidding here? What buffoon would buy a car and then let the car company tell you which streets you can drive it on or better yet only allow you 3 modifications to the engine? Come on people. Wake up please.

People are not buying this game because of the activation scam. That alone tells you it was a bad idea. End of story. Period.

54. Re: On Dark Athena DRM Apr 9, 2009, 16:40 Grooves

Fuck you and your legitimate request.

Who the fuck is Atari to tell me when and how often I reinstall a game I paid you for. I will now go download the game.

I will NEVER buy a game with any kind of limited activation. You are a fucking tool if you do.

Any of you defending this action are so absurdly clueless you don't even deserve an explanation about why you are so wrong.

They absolutely deserve the rampant piracy this game will receive now.

This comment was edited on Apr 9, 2009, 16:42.

News Comments > OnLive on Skeptics
36. Re: OnLive on OnLive Skeptics Mar 31, 2009, 14:14 Grooves

Sorry, I would rather have the physical hardware and not this very generic "device".

There are just too many people loyal to Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft for this to work. Why in the world would the big 3 allow any of their games on this thing?

The game selection is going to be mega-low for a long time to come. I think the core thing they are missing is most gamers actually enjoy the machine itself, especially pc gamers.

Terrible idea frankly. The VC that funded this is in big trouble.

News Comments > Jack Thompson Writes Obama
73. Re: JT Writes Obama Mar 25, 2009, 13:35 Grooves

Not at all. Just the "I have a right to defend myself" and "the constitution says so" crowd.

Oh you mean the "crowd" that cares about their liberties and freedoms? You somehow are trying to spin that as a bad thing? You reveal yourself as either a very young stupid person or a liberal elitist.

Every human on the planet DOES have the right to defend themselves and yes in the US people who care about that refer to the Constitution as it's the document that explicitly states that right for us.

Hence why I dislike the way guns, patriotism and the constitution are so highly regarded
Ahh, here we have the crux of the issue. You are an America hater. Guns, patriotism and the Constitution ARE America. I have no idea where you are from or where you live now. It's really irrelevant. Just like you are now irrelevant in this conversation for revealing you are anti-gun, anti-patriotic, and anti-constitution. That's quite a trifecta you have going.

Surely you can't be that stupid. You have to be yet another misguided youth who thinks they are smarter than all those around them that have accomplished so much more. You bore me boy. Just the same old mush spewing from your hate filled mind.

The funny thing is the degenerate Obama has already started on trying to get conceal carry banned. He isn't going to be successful. There is a reason that every single site that sells guns is practically sold out of every handgun available. There are FAR more people that support guns than don't. He is going to realize that very quickly.

78 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo