Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ComHam

Real Name ComHam   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CommunistHamster
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 8, 2008, 17:29
Total Comments 701 (Apprentice)
User ID 45854

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Dead Island "Private Joke" Goes Public
20. Re: Dead Island "Private Joke" Goes Public Sep 8, 2011, 15:52 CommunistHamster

Everyone makes un-PC jokes in their own time, privately. We've got a friend with a big nose, and occasionally we call him jewnose, and there's genuinely no offense given or taken. For all we know the dev who put this in was female and being ironic.

Techland deserves all the stick they can get for the technical quality of the game, and none of it for this extraordinarily minor slip up.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Sep 8, 2011, 08:39 CommunistHamster

PC gaming declined because of the surge of cheap, low powered laptops. It was sustained by those who chose desktops nonetheless.  

News Comments > A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Month
7. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Month Sep 7, 2011, 12:37 CommunistHamster

The game of the TV series of the book of the tram!  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Beta Has "Hundreds" of Changes from Alpha
2. Re: Battlefield 3 Beta Has Sep 6, 2011, 12:25 CommunistHamster

It's a level playing field, each match is always different because of the players. Sometimes a team will get steamrolled, other rounds I have seen it bitterly contested to the last ticket.  

News Comments > EA Revival Possibilities
31. Re: EA Revival Possibilities Aug 18, 2011, 16:57 CommunistHamster

There's nothing wrong with a remake with modern technology and (conservatively) modern UI innovations.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2011, 16:35 CommunistHamster

SpaceX flying to the ISS already? Wow, that's really fast development. Someone at NASA really didn't like the idea of being reliant on ESA or roscosmos.  

News Comments > War of the Roses Announced
4. Re: War of the Roses Announced Aug 17, 2011, 13:49 CommunistHamster

For the white rose!  

News Comments > Dishonored Interviews
4. Re: Dishonored Interviews Aug 17, 2011, 07:58 CommunistHamster

You know, it might be. I'll have to play it to be sure. I'm not sure I remember a time travel element; you were playing a different soldier each time... I think. I wish I hadn't deleted my game trailers folder now!  

News Comments > Dishonored Interviews
1. Re: Dishonored Interviews Aug 16, 2011, 22:32 CommunistHamster

These screenshots remind me of some media I saw for an unreleased game a couple of years ago, and I could never find it again. Something about FPS battles throughout history, and it had a really big selection of guns from all eras, and a "gun library" with information about each weapon. The title was vaguely like "The Forgotten Conflict" or something, with a plot hinted at that was about a secret group that had influenced wars through history. Maybe I hallucinated the whole thing, maybe it was flushed, but I remember there was a gameplay trailer and a story trailer, so who knows.

And the ausgamers interview made me excited for this game even though I don't think it's that game I saw. I'll avoid all hype for it from now on so as not to spoil the setting.

This comment was edited on Aug 16, 2011, 22:38.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Jet Combat Trailer
53. Re: Battlefield 3 Jet Combat Trailer Aug 16, 2011, 21:17 CommunistHamster

It's realistic for combined arms games, obviously if you want actual realism you'd go play LOMAC or whatever flight sim is best these days.

The differences between Arma and BF2 jets is mostly one of scale rather than flight model accuracy, arma jets fly higher, further and faster and are consequently much further removed from the ground than in BF2 (which is an improvement in terms of theatre modelling), where it feels like you can reach out and touch the jets, where they do ridiculous stuff like fly under bridges.

The point I'm making is that realism arguments have almost no place in Battlefield, especially air combat.

News Comments > Epic Working on 5 New Games, Unreal Engine 4, Has PC Plans
29. Re: Epic Working on 5 New Games, Unreal Engine 4, Has PC Plans Aug 16, 2011, 20:26 CommunistHamster

Ashley, that's just the shitty tabloid-style editors at the Escapist making a headline that will successfully troll their retarded forum members into chewing through 400 posts of recycled console vs PC argument.  

News Comments > Nexus 2 Announced
19. Re: Nexus 2 Announced Aug 16, 2011, 20:21 CommunistHamster

Whoa, whoa, what? Joint Task Force got a coop patch? I thought it was just a pretty but throwaway RTS that everyone forgot about, and you're telling me people are still playing it?  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Jet Combat Trailer
51. Re: Battlefield 3 Jet Combat Trailer Aug 16, 2011, 20:18 CommunistHamster

I never had a problem with joystick support in BF2, 'Nam or 1942, Saitek Cyborg Evo and later X-52 Pro.

Jets absolutely should fly slow and dogfight with cannon. In fact, guided missiles should be removed as they are boring. Battlefield is arcade fun. If you want realism, go play Arma 2.

News Comments > Project Osborn Revealed?
10. Re: Project Osborn Revealed? Aug 16, 2011, 20:09 CommunistHamster

Sounds like a western Metal Gear Solid plot, ie without the robots and girls that japan adds.  

News Comments > Alpha Centauri TMs
5. Re: Game Reviews Aug 11, 2011, 12:16 CommunistHamster

My crystal ball says it'll be browser based, sorry guys.  

News Comments > More on Euclideon's "Unlimited Detail" Engine
23. Re: More on Euclideon's Aug 11, 2011, 06:34 CommunistHamster

Clearly a load of bullshit, simply by looking at the people arguing for and the people arguing against.  

News Comments > RAGE Wasteland Trailer
24. Re: RAGE Wasteland Trailer Jul 22, 2011, 09:54 CommunistHamster

At first I thought RAGE was like borderlands, but then I read into it and am now cautiously optimistic.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 21, 2011, 14:55 CommunistHamster

If Anonymous did it, there's generally no doubt, since it is usually heralded by no fewer than 67 elaborately worded tweets, statements and blog posts trumpeting their pride.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 20, 2011, 19:39 CommunistHamster

Google+ needs a migration of users from facebook to survive, and it ought to survive because it does a lot of things better than facebook.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Team Meat on Piracy
19. Re: Quoteworthy - Team Meat on Piracy Jul 20, 2011, 14:48 CommunistHamster

space captain wrote on Jul 20, 2011, 14:08:
ARRRRGGGGGGG! CORN FLAKES COME IN A BOX!
Time for your pills, Mr Jones.

701 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo