Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ComHam

Real Name ComHam   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CommunistHamster
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 8, 2008, 17:29
Total Comments 701 (Apprentice)
User ID 45854

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Translations Value Estimate
3. Re: Steam Translations Value Estimate Sep 25, 2011, 13:43 CommunistHamster

"Savings of 100 millions" ie money Valve were never going to spend anyway, making that figure as reliable as "$x lost due to piracy".

At least they're offering a pathway for translations to be created.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Previews
3. Re: Saturday Previews Sep 25, 2011, 07:49 CommunistHamster

I thought FC2 could have been a great game, but was hamstrung by bad design decisions. I have absolutely no desire to play FC2 ever again but FC3 looks like it might be somewhat good. Not day-1 good, but maybe day-30  

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Game Reviews Sep 22, 2011, 11:30 CommunistHamster

A first person view is great for many things, but close combat is not one of them.  

News Comments > Salem Delayed; Live Stream Demo Next Week
1. Re: Game Reviews Sep 22, 2011, 11:26 CommunistHamster

Looking forward to this one, what seatribe did with no budget was incredible, what they'll do with paradox backing should be really really good.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 20, 2011, 13:16 CommunistHamster

I can't actually tell whether the battles are turn based or whether they're like the Dark Chronicle battles. I think there's an element of both, there certainly seems to be free movement in battles because the player clearly dodges a boss (the robot thing) charging at him in one clip. But there's also a menu on the screen (the thought bubbles), although since I can't read japanese I'm only guessing that it's a menu and not some kind of status display.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 19, 2011, 11:39 CommunistHamster

Nobody likes overthinking, least of all overthinking that misses the mark entirely.  

News Comments > New Gaming Peripherals
32. Re: Game Reviews Sep 17, 2011, 08:33 CommunistHamster

I use a cheap chinese wireless keyboard-with-trackpad for my media centre, it's more convenient than wires, and you can hand it around at parties.

For my desktop, an el cheapo wired keyboard and a razer diamondback 3g wired mouse, which is on it's way out, like the last razer mouse I bought. Bad build quality from razer in my experience, but maybe that's just because it's their budget mouse.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 16, 2011, 07:27 CommunistHamster

I wonder if the FBI would investigate if my nudes were leaked onto the internet.  

News Comments > RuneScape Classic Access Limits Planned
1. Re: Game Reviews Sep 16, 2011, 05:42 CommunistHamster

I'm sure we all have fond memories of babbys first mmo; i know i do.  

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Trailer
36. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Sep 15, 2011, 06:08 CommunistHamster

reisub wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 20:14:
Ray Marden wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 18:11:
He looks way too aged as well.
To be fair, he aged a fair bit from 1 to 2 so that makes a bit of sense. I wonder if he'll risk breaking his hip every time he dives to the floor in MP4 though.
A lá MGS4!

News Comments > Scrolls Lawsuit Update
15. Re: Scrolls Lawsuit Update Sep 15, 2011, 06:04 CommunistHamster

Notch is the underdog again, and I like it, and I like him.  

News Comments > Same-Gender Relationships a Post-Launch Feature in The Old Republic
41. Re: Same-Gender Relationships a Post-Launch Feature in The Old Republic Sep 15, 2011, 06:01 CommunistHamster

Not even in an ironic sense?  

News Comments > Same-Gender Relationships a Post-Launch Feature in The Old Republic
38. Re: Same-Gender Relationships a Post-Launch Feature in The Old Republic Sep 14, 2011, 13:25 CommunistHamster

Why was my comment removed? I was mocking the people calling this political correctness.  

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Trailer
6. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Sep 14, 2011, 12:45 CommunistHamster

Max Payne has always been on consoles anyway. So long as it avoids much of modern gimmickry it should be well received here.  

News Comments > Minecraft 1.8 Live
1. Re: Minecraft 1.8 Live Sep 14, 2011, 12:40 CommunistHamster

I'm warming up to minecraft again. This branch of development provides a reason for me to play. An objective! Or the beginnings of a system that provides more meaningful objectives than "build some pretty but useless crap"  

News Comments > Serious Sam Double D Demo Coming, Donations Requested
11. Re: Serious Sam Double D Demo Coming, Donations Requested Sep 14, 2011, 07:31 CommunistHamster

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 18:08:
zincthallinide wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 13:37:
I look at piracy as free advertising of the most interactive kind. I have bought many games that I initially pirated, and that I may never have bought otherwise.

That said, I haven't pirated any games in a while, because I can generally tell what I'll like from all the info floating around, and if there's one I missed, I'll hear about it eventually.. and, more eventually, all games become very cheap, AND I have so many games waiting to be played now that I'm good for a few weeks at least.

The problem with that is you have played hundreds of games that you never paid for....
And consequently has a much wider base of experience on which to judge new games, albeit tempered by the "percieved value" thing where the previous games were free.

35. removed Sep 14, 2011, 05:53 CommunistHamster

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 14, 2011, 09:23.

News Comments > Arma 3 Gamescom Trailers
1. Re: Arma 3 Gamescom Trailers Sep 13, 2011, 13:39 CommunistHamster

Looks like they're really ramping up the polish and periphery features with this release. Looking forward to this.  

News Comments > Dead Island "Private Joke" Goes Public
123. Re: Dead Island "Private Joke" Goes Public Sep 9, 2011, 10:11 CommunistHamster

I think what prez said (about the witch-hunt reaction to harmless jokes now being worse than the actual discrimination) sums my views up quite nicely.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy
4. Re: Quoteworthy Sep 9, 2011, 05:40 CommunistHamster

Surely you could fudge a decent smooth loading bar speed by coding an ingame loading-time benchmark, and calibrating the movement of the loading bars to that score?

Although sometimes "loading bar freezes at 37%" can be a good diagnostic of what bug is occuring, in some games at least.

701 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo