Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for justice7

Real Name justice7   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname justice7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.gamebase.ca
Signed On Jan 4, 2008, 20:20
Total Comments 222 (Novice)
User ID 45814

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Antialiasing Tip
9. Re: Battlefield 4 Antialiasing Tip Oct 30, 2013, 11:18 justice7

I rarely use AA even if my rig easily handles the game.

My general setup in almost every game:

1920x1080
AF 16x
V-Sync: Off (unless there's bad tearing)
Shadows: High (or one setting lower than maximum. Generally looks the same but gives a huge performance boost).

FXAA: Off
Bloom: On (game dependent, some games go a little nuts with bloom)

I find nearly every game I play looks and runs better with these settings.

My rig:
i5 3570k
8GB DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6970

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Preloads
30. Re: Battlefield 4 Preloads Oct 28, 2013, 09:56 justice7

You know you guys don't have to buy every game that comes out right? If you're not into the battlefield franchise, and aren't looking for an upgraded Battlefield game with new maps and an updated engine.. nothing is stopping you from NOT playing it and not putting your money into it.

What kind of people will pay for something AND complain as they do it? What have you become?

Just stay away from it if you're not interested.

News Comments > Wargame AirLand Battle Next Month; Preorders Get Beta Access
7. Re: Wargame AirLand Battle Next Month; Preorders Get Beta Access Apr 26, 2013, 14:12 justice7

good point lol

closest game to that end? i'm not sure, maybe Super Mario Bros, for different reasons entirely.

5. Re: Wargame AirLand Battle Next Month; Preorders Get Beta Access Apr 26, 2013, 09:28 justice7

Darks wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 09:05:
Same as the original, I love this developer; they made RUSE and Act of War which in my RTS book are some of the best RTS games out there, but this one. bad camera angles and you feel like youíre playing with a bunch of micro miniature units. Donít care for that feel at all. Plus thereís no base building. Supplies run to way to fast. You canít build new FOBs to try and speed up the Conquering process; you have to run back and forth to the original ones you placed. The list goes on and on.

It's not a base building game, it's in the same genre as Myth: The Fallen Lords, except modern war.

The camera angles, I agree are a bit too restrictive, and the unit scale is pretty small.

As for the supply and FOB issue, I think it's fine as is, don't waste all your ammo, somewhat realistic.

It's an improvement over EE as it adds the fixed wing aircraft. I didn't play EE much, however.

As I said I enjoy it, but hey it doesn't seem to matter what game we're talking about on blues, someone has the blues about it. Every. Single. Game.

1. Re: Wargame AirLand Battle Next Month; Preorders Get Beta Access Apr 26, 2013, 01:01 justice7

I have been playing this beta and really enjoying it, worth a look imo.  

News Comments > Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods Announced
3. Re: Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods Announced Feb 4, 2013, 09:21 justice7

Quboid wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 09:17:
I love Paradox Development Studio but they really pump these out at a not inconsiderable price each. I got Sword of Islam but not The Republic, the Byzantine expansion and probably not this. If they'd half the price, they'd get 4x the sales - based on my in-depth market analysis of one person.

I'm pretty sure they've been including unholy UIs with many of their games anyway.

watch for deals on steam, they crop up once in a while and believe i've even seen 75% off CK2 and expansions.

Crusader Kings 2 is an amazingly deep, well crafted game especially in terms of AI. Every NPC has a motivation and various plots that make sense. It may not look like much on the surface, but that's one hell of a spreadsheet going on underneath, a truly truly enjoyable game once you get the hang of it. Also works great in multiplayer.

I highly recommend this game, if you have the patience to learn it.

News Comments > Civilization V One World Expansion Clues
4. Re: Civilization V One World Expansion Clues Jan 16, 2013, 12:05 justice7

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 09:40:
I recently noticed that they have added a touch-mode for Windows 8, so it's good to see major patches still being made. However, they really need to implement a proper multiplayer - preferably through Steam Cloud - as the Hot Seat multiplayer is a real chore.

If One World is indeed an expansion and not DLC then I'm looking forward to it, as Gods & Kings was excellent.

I have played 8 player multiplayer games on Civ V, it does exist.

News Comments > Darkfall: Unholy Wars Announced
8. Re: Darkfall: Unholy Wars Announced Sep 20, 2012, 13:10 justice7

i like everything about this game except for the lack of a skill cap. It needs one.  

News Comments > Darkfall: Unholy Wars Announced
2. Re: Darkfall: Unholy Wars Announced Sep 19, 2012, 10:41 justice7

if this game went the F2P route i'd jump in, I enjoyed the trial I had with it.  

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's $78K DLC
3. Re: Peter Molyneux's $78K DLC Jun 7, 2012, 10:12 justice7

Mr Molyneux has proven that he believes gamers are dopey sheep. This is yet another failing on his part. What has he ever done right, and why do we keep listening to his babbling?  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Passes
4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Passes Mar 13, 2012, 15:22 justice7

looks like Guildwars2 is about to swoop in and remove mass populations from various games. Deserved, too.  

News Comments > Civilization V Gods & Kings DLC This Spring
8. Re: Civilization V Gods & Kings DLC This Spring Feb 16, 2012, 12:31 justice7

Keilun wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 11:06:
justice7 wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 10:43:
Multiplayer Combat Animations need to make an appearance.

They confirmed in the forums that this is on the way. No ETA, but presumably next patch.

They also need to add diplomacy AI in MP the same way it is in SP as well. MP vs AI is my only game mode, so right now the game's just collecting dust.

This makes me giddy, thank you for posting

News Comments > Civilization V Gods & Kings DLC This Spring
2. Re: Civilization V Gods & Kings DLC This Spring Feb 16, 2012, 10:43 justice7

Multiplayer Combat Animations need to make an appearance.

Especially for nukes and ranged attacks, or at the very least some kind of indicator that shows you who attacked you from where.

The multiplayer needs to be brought up to par with the single player.

Not sure if it will tear me from the amazing Crusader Kings II (the AI in that game is incredible).

News Comments > Steam Downtime [Updated]
44. Re: Steam Downtime [Updated] Feb 13, 2012, 11:14 justice7

Zanthar wrote on Feb 13, 2012, 07:44:
Fat ass Gabe removed the batteries from some of the UPS units to hide his cache of snacks.

On behalf of Gabe (if i could speak on his behalf, that is), you're an asshole.

News Comments > Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit
30. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit Feb 7, 2012, 16:24 justice7

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 15:56:
Ugh. There's no such thing as a FPS/TPS game where console controller is better. Thumb knobbies are horrible compared to mouse/kb precision. It's fine if that's what you like, but they certainly aren't better in any objective sense.

Yes, they are. The fact that you do not have variable movement speed with a keyboard is the pure limitation of its class of control. The difference here, is that the mouse has more accurate control of direction on an X,Y scale.

Since you cannot press 1/3 of WASD, it leaves something to be desired for a "perfect" control scheme.

I'm as much of a PC Gamer as the next guy, quite adept with FPS gaming with the mouse, however the controller allows me to kick back on the big screen, surround sound and recliner; with PC graphics to boot. It's been said several times even here in Blues comments that the UI was made for a console. Well, the PC works as the best console on the planet.

News Comments > Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit
22. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit Feb 7, 2012, 15:33 justice7

I have been playing Skyrim (PC Version) with the 360 controller, hooked up to my home theatre system (via HDMI). The experience has been something incredible. It took a while to get used to the idea that i'm not using a mouse, but the game was really designed to be played with the controller. The feedback, variable walk speed and menu's/ui all work better with the wireless 360 controller on PC.

So I'm getting the best of both worlds, PC Graphics/Modding with console controls on the tv/couch setup. Epic barely scratches the surface of how fun it is.

I also use and released some camera mod settings, to make the game far more cinematic

Click here for the 3rd person camera mod page

Then, I've turned off the compass in skyrimprefs.ini in your mydocuments/my games/skyrim folder.

Turn difficulty to Masterful, and you've got yourself one hell of a game.

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 2012, 15:39.

News Comments > Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday?
78. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack Tuesday? Feb 7, 2012, 09:11 justice7

Creston wrote on Feb 6, 2012, 18:13:
It does nothing that Nexus Mod Manager doesn't do, except for auto-updating. On the flipside, the NMM will actually allow you to sort your mods properly, which the workshop will NOT allow you to do.

So using a ton of mods straight out of the workshop is probably a surefire way to get problems...

Creston

This guys finds a way to bitch even when there's nothing to bitch about yet. Amazing. Creston, you must be a horribly negative person.

That said, the surprise is likely an in-house made mod, likely texture pack and a few other things.

News Comments > On The Old Republic Queues
30. Re: On The Old Republic Queues Dec 22, 2011, 11:17 justice7

ASeven wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 10:12:
So, initial impressions. How is the game in the limited time you guys played? How does it compare to WoW in this short time of playtime?

Well, we're still in the honeymoon season of this game so everything new is still shiny and awesome.

That said, I think there's some meat to this game in regards to staying power. It has a lot of things WoW cannot easily implement, one glaring difference is the mass-effect style dialogue. It's a huge step forward for MMORPG's, as it actually puts the RPG back into the MMO. No longer are we forced to just quest-collect and complete, we get a say in how some things go down, and even have character progression that means more than just getting new gear.

Personally, I love it. I think Starwars The Old Republic is a masterpiece for Bioware and Lucas Arts. Activision/Blizzard should be shaking in their boots right now for the fall of many, many wow subs that are sure to follow should SWTOR have the staying power many think it does. THAT SAID, people are still excited as it's still new... we'll see what the endgame brings and what changes they have coming down the pipe in the near future.

As for right now, there are 8 single player stories that are quite engaging to play through, and that should allow for plenty of time for new content to be released. I have read that they have the full development team still on staff, still working on new content.

SWTOR blew away my low expectations, it's a wonderful work of art.

I recommend SWTOR to anyone who's a Starwars fan, or a Bioware fan or even an MMORPG fan. Every single on of these types of gamers will adore this game, and being all three... it's a trifecta I can't seem to ignore.

I have been excited about other MMO's in the past, Rift came close but I feel so burned about that game's mid and endgame that I am still skeptical about SWTOR, but from my perspective.... so far, it's a wonderful experience. Get it!

News Comments > The Old Republic Trailer
9. Re: The Old Republic Trailer Dec 17, 2011, 09:57 justice7

sir wrote on Dec 17, 2011, 05:32:
I really wanted to like this game, but having played the beta weekends I just couldn't connect with the characters, story or environment. I fear the MMORPG genre may finally be dead to me.

I blame Skyrim, for making every other game feel like shit.

News Comments > TeamSpeak and Overwolf
7. Re: TeamSpeak and Overwolf Dec 15, 2011, 15:02 justice7

Did any of you actually check this out?

Overwolf is an overlay like Steam's overlay or Origin's... except looks much better.

222 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo