Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Elwro

Real Name Elwro   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://rpgcodex.net
Signed On Dec 28, 2007, 10:24
Total Comments 13 (Suspect)
User ID 45748

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > CD Projekt on Piracy and DRM
27. Re: CD Projekt on Piracy and DRM Nov 30, 2011, 17:49 Elwro

Guys, he's talking about the mid-90s and transforming the Polish market for which he should be deservedly proud of himself. In the mid-90s piracy in actual shops was rampant. Shops had a few boxes with legal games which no one would buy because of the ridiculous (really) price, and what they were really selling were pirated copies. All of this changed due to CD Projekt's long campaign of introducing cheaper games in boxes filled with goodies; no one before managed to successfully negotiate lower prices with the Western publishers.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Atari & Hasbro Settle D&D Flap, Neverwinter Delayed
4. Re: Atari & Hasbro Settle D&D Flap, Neverwinter Delayed Aug 15, 2011, 19:32 Elwro

http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/

It's really an amazing game. Try the demo!

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Apr 5, 2011, 18:20 Elwro

I edited the thing out. I'm not a native English speaker and had no idea one word like that would be so offensive as to make people stop reading. It was meant to be a friendly jab at people who don't play e.g. roguelikes due to their lack of mouse support. (These people really don't know what they're missing.)

So, thank you for the constructive critique of my review, gentle Blue's News readers.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Apr 5, 2011, 17:48 Elwro

(The reviewer here.) Heh, you have the only detailed review of an oldschool RPG, and all you do is concentrate on one word? You're even worse than the Codex bunch, who mostly noticed the screens and didn't bother with the text.

News Comments > AMD Dropping the ATI Brand Name
50. Re: AMD Dropping the ATI Brand Name Aug 30, 2010, 19:46 Elwro

Funny, just today I decided it's time to change from my trusty 6600 GT (with passive cooling), which I have had for 4 years... bought a cheap new nVidia card (I'm a Linuxer, that's the reason) and I'm seeing a big difference, even though I had managed to play The Witcher and Fallout 3 on my old card.

The 6600 GT card somehow seemes... reliable. Hm, I don't know what the right word is, but I'm surely keeping it in case something happens with the new one.

News Comments > Blood Bowl Add-on
1. Re: Blood Bowl Add-on Nov 19, 2009, 16:42 Elwro

Bought the game 2 weeks ago, loving it. The turn based mode really captures the tone, spirit and the rules :-) of the tabletop game. I hope they keep supporting the game, since there are still quite a few skill-related things left to be fixed.

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2009, 16:45.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Need for Speed SHIFT
24. Re: Need for Speed SHIFT Ships Oct 12, 2009, 19:05 Elwro

Lack of demo certainly doesn't help matters.
http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/09/18/download-need-for-speed-shift-demo/

According to this link, the demo has been available since September 18th.

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2009, 19:07.

News Comments > Sunday Q&A Roundup
3. Re: Sunday Q&A Roundup Jul 13, 2009, 08:50 Elwro

Thanks for the link!  

News Comments > Sunday Q&A Roundup
1. Re: Sunday Q&A Roundup Jul 12, 2009, 13:38 Elwro

Why do you say Empire: Time of Troubles is turn based? Nothing in this interview or in the trailer would indicate this, I think.  

News Comments > Fallout 3 DLC at Retail
25. Re: Fallout 3 DLC at Retail Apr 28, 2009, 10:46 Elwro

Just to point out the obvious: the justification for the "ONE DISK ONLY11!1" requirement is that it is evident that the cost of a "3 DLCs on one CD" bundle will be much lower than the sum of the costs of 2 CDs, the first two DLCs on one, the last on the other.  

News Comments > World War One La Grande Guerre Patch
1. Re: World War One La Grande Guerre Patch Jan 15, 2009, 05:46 Elwro

There's also a patch for the DEMO at the Matrix site.  

News Comments > The Witcher Enhanced Edition
82. Re: Hmmmm Feb 19, 2008, 18:52 Elwro

I wonder how many times it'll have to be repeated in this thread: all registered users of the game will be able to download all the enhancements for free.

News Comments > Age of Decadence Movie
3. RPG Dec 28, 2007, 05:53 Elwro

I just wanted to say that it's an RPG, and not a strategy game. Still, it's great if Bluesnews posts news about it!

13 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo