Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for deadearth

Real Name deadearth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 19, 2007, 17:56
Total Comments 106 (Novice)
User ID 45672

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Facebook Campaign
12. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Facebook Campaign May 16, 2011, 16:31 deadearth

It's odd that no other preview has mentioned those ads (that i've read). I would have thought that at least Rock paper Shotgun or pc gamer would have mentioned them if they were very obvious.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Portal 2 DLC This Summer
17. Re: Portal 2 DLC This Summer Apr 27, 2011, 21:29 deadearth

Tumbler wrote on Apr 27, 2011, 21:00:

Cept money....a lot of fucking money. It would be very much like Valve at this point to focus on creating their own content rather than offering tools for the community to make their own content. Valve has become less focused on letting the community take advantage of these games and more focused on creating their own content to offer users. In some cases this is offered free as those mutations they did with L4D2 were, but ultimately they appear to be trying to corral players into their content rather than encourage the community to contribute and participate as they have in the past. Like with TF2, all those hats and such, I doubt you earn those on custom servers? So people are more likely to play official TF2 servers? It's not unlike how BF2 offered those extra weapons playing on ranked servers and the unranked servers became a ghost town?

Have you even played TF2? You can earn hats on pretty much any server (as long as cheats aren't enabled I believe). I don't think there even are official tf2 servers, i've never played on them at least.

Assuming this dlc is actually playable content, it will be free. Valve has never charged for this on pc, so assuming it continues (which is a good assumption with valve), you are arguing that they won't release an SDK so that they can make money by giving away free dlc?

All worthwhile content (aka maps) for L4D, L4D2, and tf2 have always been free on pc, and they have not done anything to indicate this wouldn't change for future titles.

News Comments > Portal 2 DLC This Summer
6. Re: Portal 2 DLC This Summer Apr 27, 2011, 20:15 deadearth

Valve hasn't ever charged for real content DLC on the PC (not counting hats). There's no reason that there wouldn't be an sdk released at some point (which hasn't been released according to http://www.thinkingwithportals.com/).  

News Comments > Bulletstorm Demo
21. Re: Bulletstorm Demo Apr 4, 2011, 22:18 deadearth

gave the demo a try, as soon as it launched GFWL it logged me in and asked for my cd key. WTF???

I was able to play without logging in, but seriously?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2011, 18:23 deadearth

Dirwulf wrote on Mar 27, 2011, 18:12:
ExitWound wrote on Mar 27, 2011, 17:28:
Where's Crysis 2? Is word of mouth really that strong?

Hmmm...that is sort of interesting...

Sometimes I think there is something wrong with the steam weekly stats (either that or the daily ones). Crysis 2 has been in the top 10 daily stats for the entire week I believe. Currently it's #1. While it's certainly possible to be in the top 10 for every day of the week and still not be in the top 10 for the whole week, it seems unlikely considering it's currently #1.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike for PC on Friday
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike for PC on Friday Mar 21, 2011, 19:17 deadearth

I think people were speculating it would be free for PC, but i never read anything official.  

News Comments > Telltale's Episodic King's Quest Reboot
8. Re: Telltale's Episodic King's Quest Reboot Feb 18, 2011, 20:04 deadearth

Each chapter is basically an independent game. There is usually an overall story linking them all together though.

So you do have to launch each game/episode separately. That is unless something has changed with BTTF which i doubt.

News Comments > Gabe Newell Interview
12. Re: Gabe Newell Interview Feb 10, 2011, 12:49 deadearth

Source isn't even a completely new engine. There are bits and pieces from the Half life 1 engine still there. I doubt HL3 (whenever it comes out) will be a completely new engine even if they end up calling it one. There's probably not a lot of benefit to starting from scratch.  

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2010, 22:17 deadearth

Kabuto wrote on Dec 23, 2010, 20:56:
Amazon has a few really good deals going on right now:

Mafia 2 - $12.50
ArmA2: Combined Operations - $12.50
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat - $5.00

All of those are the cheapest I've seen yet.

That Mafia 2 purchase activates on steam (I just tried it). Very good deal!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 21, 2010, 09:00 deadearth

I love that he consulted the Geek Squad for one of the 'myths'  

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Dec 11, 2010, 10:56 deadearth

Techie714 wrote on Dec 11, 2010, 10:23:
Where are the amazing Steam sales this Christmas? I've been less than impressed with Steam this year so far!

Those are always after christmas, usually starting the day after i think.

News Comments > MoH Taliban Renamed
7. Re: MoH Taliban Renamed Oct 1, 2010, 10:42 deadearth

Wildone wrote on Oct 1, 2010, 10:38:
phu**ing liberals

Seriously. That liberal-infested fox news. How dare them liberals!

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
3. Re: Beanies and inflatable swords ? Sep 12, 2010, 20:46 deadearth

Good to know there at least one more Raleigh-er here on blues  

News Comments > Steam Bestsellers
8. Re: Steam Bestsellers Sep 12, 2010, 17:18 deadearth

Evidently the 9.99 price was a mistake. I purchased it at 9.99 and got to keep it :}

Also according to the steam forums the expansion was playable for an hour or so after it went up for sale. Wasn't able to verify it myself.

News Comments > MS Recommits to PC Gaming Again
12. Re: MS Recommits to PC Gaming Again Aug 17, 2010, 11:55 deadearth

LOC wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 11:42:
Age of Empires Online is not F2P.

Oops, i thought i read that somewhere. Sorry for spreading misinformation!

Actually according to shack news it will have "Free to play Experiences" http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/65157

So i guess it's not quite clear.

News Comments > MS Recommits to PC Gaming Again
2. Re: MS Recommits to PC Gaming Again Aug 17, 2010, 10:58 deadearth

Recommiting with 2 new pc games? one being an online-only Free to play game and the other being flight simulator (which i wouldn't even consider a game although that could be debated).

Come on.

News Comments > Mac Day of Defeat: Source
2. Re: Mac Day of Defeat: Source Jul 12, 2010, 22:28 deadearth

You must be thinking of the original Day of Defeat (non-source). Day of Defeat: Source has only been around for ~5 years. Less time than Counter Strike source and Half-life 2.  

News Comments > Mac TF2 Release; Sale & Free Weekend Underway
6. Re: Mac TF2 Release; Sale & Free Weekend Underway Jun 11, 2010, 09:28 deadearth

Dev wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 04:12:
Does the game actually have to RUN successfully to give you the earbuds?

All I had to do was start the game (but not an actual match). My macbook couldn't even render the main screen correctly (would do some weird flickering thing), but I got the earbuds.

News Comments > Latin American StarCraft Pricing Details
10. Re: Latin American StarCraft Pricing Details May 7, 2010, 16:40 deadearth

ochentay4 wrote on May 7, 2010, 15:29:
Are you kidding me? Its the most expensive rent ever! And U$S 59 its a lot of money for a episodic game.

Yep, you're right. They should cancel those 2nd two games and then it wouldn't be episodic and thus would totally be worth $60

News Comments > New Steam Client Released
16. Re: New Steam Client Released Apr 26, 2010, 20:19 deadearth

FLY wrote on Apr 26, 2010, 20:01:
Just purchased Metro 33 on Steam. $49.99
I have 15mb internet speed. No problems with my rig or connection. It's been over and hour and it's still downloading. I'm at 50%.

My connection is maxed out most times when i try (granted I usually am not downloading at peak times) and I have a 12 MB connection.

106 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo