Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for deadearth

Real Name deadearth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 19, 2007, 17:56
Total Comments 108 (Novice)
User ID 45672

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Unrated Postal III by Christmas
14. Re: Unrated Postal III by Christmas Dec 9, 2011, 14:39 deadearth

nin wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 14:30:
I don't think Steam sells games (in the US) without an ESRB rating.

I see all kinds of indie games on steam w/o a rating.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/10220/

Its been up on the coming soon section for a while now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 4, 2011, 20:14 deadearth

wtf_man wrote on Dec 4, 2011, 19:47:

I think there is a huge difference between 2 franchises that "Shit Out" a new game almost every year... and one that takes 5 years between games.

Bingo, if a new elder scrolls game came out every year I'd stop caring.

News Comments > 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim
19. Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim Nov 12, 2011, 22:03 deadearth

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 12, 2011, 21:58:
I like the UI. Don't use a mouse, use WASD. Ends up being very fast and very convenient. I would take it over Morrowind's PC focused UI in a heartbeat.

Yeah, i like the UI as well, especially compared to oblivion's unmodded interface. It seems a little glitchy now and then with the mouse (i click on something and it select something i didn't click on). I'm sure that will be fixed, but like you said with the WASD keys its fairly nice. (this is after about ~13 hours of playtime.)

News Comments > Gone Gold - Skyrim
28. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 17:48 deadearth

Sempai wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 16:20:
Elim wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 16:12:
At $60 bucks I demand both, let's not even speak of the DLC they'll milk out of you, which is probably already on the disc.

You do realize that none of the previous bethesda games (Oblivion, fallout(s)) have included DLC on the disc? Especially the last 2 fallout games are seen by many as the right way to do DLC. I'm assuming the dlc will be more similar to fallout (Large chunks of new game world) instead of oblivion (when they were still trying to figure out DLC).

News Comments > Toki Tori 2 Announced
3. Re: Tori Tori 2 Announced Oct 19, 2011, 19:21 deadearth

Joss wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 18:54:
Either way... it's hella-gay.

Have you ever played toki tori?

Its an awesome little puzzle game. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link
17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link Oct 19, 2011, 08:59 deadearth

necrosis wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 08:46:
I heard the DLC was released. Went to DX:HR's DLC page and could not find it. Dug around for a link and finally found one.

Why the fuck is it a separate entry on the steam list?

That is dumb, but I believe it might have to do with the fact that the dlc itself has achievements. Correct me if i'm wrong but with most other games that get dlc, their achievements get pushed up to the base game. For some reason they didn't do that with this dlc. I think they need to revamp their dlc/achievement system.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Co-Op Support Detailed
24. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-Op Support Detailed Oct 11, 2011, 16:56 deadearth

Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 16:28:
Does origin have a matchmaking system built in? I thought it was just a shitty digital river store with EA-Downloader built in?

But yeah, it likely will need Origin. Origin will also be the only place you can get the Special/ Collector's/ DigitalSuperFluxHyperElectro Edition. And it will not be on Steam. I'm sure Bioware just LOVES that EA got them shitcanned off Steam.

Creston

Yeah, origin has friends lists that I believe battlefield 3 is using, not sure if battlefield 3's matching making is using origin in any way or not. I don't think origin is using digital river anymore (at least they aren't charging the 'extended download fee' that most digital river sites charge (nor does it have the download time expiration that most have as well).

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Co-Op Support Detailed
20. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-Op Support Detailed Oct 11, 2011, 16:26 deadearth

Guessing this means it will require origin? :/

Huge guess, but otherwise they would need some sort of friend matchmaking system, so it would make sense to use origin.

News Comments > More on Scrolls Legal Battle
10. Re: More on Scrolls Legal Battle Oct 6, 2011, 21:30 deadearth

I don't know, i thought the lawsuit was silly until I thought about it from the other way around.

What if a game series was called "Scrolls" and then someone came out with "The Elder Scrolls". I don't think we'd be having the debate if the roles were reversed. (I could be wrong though )

News Comments > MechWarrior Reboot News Nears
2. Re: MechWarrior Reboot News Nears Sep 29, 2011, 11:11 deadearth

I'm sure it'll end up being a first person shooter with a cover system and regenerating health.

I kid, i kid.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Released, DRM Removed
8. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Released, DRM Removed Sep 21, 2011, 16:20 deadearth

They said they were including all the previous patches into this one (which probably includes the vietnam content) because it was easier and less time consuming. Not sure if the steam patch is the full size or not.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched
5. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Sep 15, 2011, 21:55 deadearth

I still have not seen a single ad in the game despite reading reports about them. Might be my region (North Carolina, USA), but I've just not seen it.  

News Comments > Steam Trading Launch
8. Re: Steam Trading Launch Sep 6, 2011, 18:54 deadearth

^Drag0n^ wrote on Sep 6, 2011, 18:45:

Doesn't help me trade games I've finished off to friends, though. I have to buy it for the purpose of trading, or be lucky(?) enough to get free (giftable) copies under promos that others want.

I'd really like to see them add a trading/sales system for anything you have in your library.

^D^

ohh yeah, trading used games is another story, i don't expect to see that anytime soon, but who knows.

News Comments > Steam Trading Launch
5. Re: Steam Trading Launch Sep 6, 2011, 17:47 deadearth

^Drag0n^ wrote on Sep 6, 2011, 17:36:
I was excited about this right up until the moment I realized it wasn't a feature that let us trade games, but rather trade in-game items in 2 games I really just don't play that much, and one I don't play at all.

*sigh*

^D^

You can trade games too. When you go to purchase a game, you can select "Store the gift in my inventory to send later".

News Comments > Borderlands Adding Steam Cloud, Borderlands 2 Interviews
4. Re: Borderlands Adding Steam Cloud, Borderlands 2 Interviews Aug 29, 2011, 10:06 deadearth

Yep, 3d realms made that decision, Gearbox just decided not to change it (which that late in the game, who can blame them). Gearbox did up it to 4 weapons in a patch though.  

News Comments > First Skyrim DLCs Timed Xbox 360 Exclusives
24. Re: First Skyrim DLCs Timed Xbox 360 Exclusives Aug 26, 2011, 14:19 deadearth

Yeah, not sure why the anger about the DLC. I can understand to some degree if the dlc was shipped Day 1, but if you read the article, they aren't even sure what the dlc is at this point, nor how big it will be. Would you be equally angry if they announced a $30 expansion that is equally uncertain today in terms of content?

Sorry, the article i was referring to:
http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3076322

"We don't know what we're going to make yet, but we'd like them to be closer to an expansion pack feel."

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Announced
4. Re: Borderlands 2 Announced Aug 3, 2011, 11:16 deadearth

There's a link to preorders, but it doesn't really take you anywhere to actually order. I'm guessing they didn't intend to put the website up today but due to the leak they decided to push it.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access
12. Re: Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access Aug 2, 2011, 22:32 deadearth

FYI there is a rumour that it will be released on steam after the release date: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2033242

That would fit in with the last couple of EA releases on Steam which were released around thursday (2 days after the release everywhere else).

You miss out on the pre-order karkland DLC which I'm guessing will be $10-$15 after release. EA did a very similar thing with Dragon Age 2.

News Comments > Videogame Physical Sales Down 10% in June
3. Re: Videogame Physical Sales Down 10% in June Jul 14, 2011, 21:32 deadearth

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 14, 2011, 21:22:
I think the month of July will have much better sales thanks to that Steam Summer sale.

Videogame Physical Sales Down 10% in June

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Specs?
19. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 15:30 deadearth

Usually the download editions of things require more space for installation (In the case where it downloads the install files and then install the game), not the disc copies. That is odd indeed.  

108 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo