Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for deadearth

Real Name deadearth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 19, 2007, 17:56
Total Comments 110 (Novice)
User ID 45672

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > More "Dragonborn" Skyrim DLC Hints
7. Re: More Oct 17, 2012, 14:03 deadearth

Beelzebud wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 13:50:

I don't see the unfounded assumption. The first two DLC packs for Skyrim are pretty weak. Thus, he hopes this one has better content in it.

well maybe he picked his words incorrectly or maybe i read too much into it. His words: "not these mod quality size DLC's". I guess you have to ask what he meant by "these". Normally i would assume he meant what was referenced in the article unless he otherwise states. The only thing referenced in the article was the unannounced dlc.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More "Dragonborn" Skyrim DLC Hints
5. Re: More Oct 17, 2012, 13:34 deadearth

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 12:31:
I want a real expansion pack, not these mod quality size DLC's

The unfounded assumptions is strong in this one.

Lets wait for... I don't know.... the DLC to be announced before bashing it shall we

News Comments > Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions
11. Re: Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions Sep 20, 2012, 20:56 deadearth

deqer wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 20:36:
and suddenly the Title for this Thread has changed to contain "MMO Questions" in it. Why? What does that even mean?

Why would you put the word "MMO" in news related to TL2? TL2 is not an MMO. You're making this Title/News look dirty, and false information.

Why would you even talk about their future plans, and the plan of MMO?

This News is about TL2 Launch. NOT their future MMO plans. No one likes MMOs.

Bah... what a crappy title now. It was cool at first. It was just "Torchlight II and Demo Available", simple, and straight to the point, but now you ruined it.

Hah calm down calm down

http://torchlight.wikia.com/wiki/Torchlight_MMO

The MMO has been in discussion for YEARS. The MMO questions have little to do with the launch of torchlight 2, the news of the MMO and the launch availability story was just in the same post. I'm ok with that.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 9, 2012, 12:44 deadearth

Girl walking on a roof. Impressive view.

I think this is the new trailer for Tresspasser 2

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
29. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 30, 2012, 07:53 deadearth

Jerykk wrote on Jul 30, 2012, 00:17:

Maybe their deal with MS prohibits them from announcing the DLC for PS3/PC until 60 days after the Xbox release.

Wouldn't that make it a 60 day exclusivity period then?

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Development Complete
28. Re: Borderlands 2 Development Complete Jul 20, 2012, 18:06 deadearth

ochentay4 wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 15:20:

Here it goes:
1. They plan to release a new class for few people after launch (probably 2hrs later not 60 days...) despite being on paper/planned (and/or probably being on disk) before release. Its like From Ashes from Bioware (they gave it free on Digital Deluxe or Collectors Ed, I dont remember) clearly cut from the main game.

2. They announced that they are working on future DLC instead of polising remainging bugs (we all know this game will have many at release date) and/or rewarding Day 1 players with more suculent content. If DLC is planned, all Day 1 copies should include coupon so they end up with at least 2 fre DLC instead of crying why people who buy the game at later date, pay 5 bucks, get the whole game/all DLC. Those "Premiere Club" DLC are clearly CUY OUT FROM THE GAME.

Not going to respond to all your points, but if you're going to speculate might as well come up with some good speculation. Let me try...

They plan to release a new class for few people after launch (probably instead they'll come find my mother and sleep with her).

See? That's way more interesting and based on just as much evidence.

You're also assuming they don't have a team working on other bugs. They may not, but claiming they don't is pure speculation as well.

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Announced
26. Re: Steam Greenlight Announced Jul 9, 2012, 21:09 deadearth

Having not read the article or the short description I am going to assume that Valve is now donating all profits to greenpeace from now on and thus I will go forth into the nether regions of the internet to express my distaste!  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 11, 2012, 11:46 deadearth

TheDevilYouKnow wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 11:17:
Black Mesa:
By the time they finish it we will be playing Half Life 3.

at which point they can start work on porting HL2 to the HL3 engine

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's $78K DLC
17. Re: Peter Molyneux's $78K DLC Jun 7, 2012, 11:01 deadearth

I think a lot of you are overestimating social networking users. See for an example:

Cow clicking story @ npr.org

If people flocked to click on cows, don't know why they won't flock to click on a cube.

News Comments > Skyrim Dawnguard As Soon as Next Month
11. Re: Skyrim Dawnguard As Soon as Next Month Jun 6, 2012, 15:17 deadearth

Kastagir wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 15:15:

I was referring more to the tone of the main quests. For example, I would have expected Skyrim DLC (at least the early ones) to have a significant tie-in with dragons or the fallout of the civil war. From what I can tell, this is not the case, but I don't know the body of the Dawnguard questline, so I can't say for sure what it entails. As I said, time will tell. I don't consider the addition of "legendary dragons" to be a sufficient tie-in.

Ah, i see. that's reasonable. There are still more expansions planned, so I wouldn't say that something like that couldn't happen. Only time will tell.

News Comments > Skyrim Dawnguard As Soon as Next Month
9. Re: Skyrim Dawnguard As Soon as Next Month Jun 6, 2012, 15:10 deadearth

Kastagir wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 15:04:

I'm not in love with vampires or with the prospect of flying around looking like Marcus from Underworld: Evolution, so I understand where you're coming from. I expected something that expanded on core gameplay and the main quest(s) of Skyrim rather than adding this seemingly unrelated fluff. Time will tell.

I can understand expecting some core gameplay additions (and there may still be that we haven't seen). I'm not sure however why you would expect something that expanded on the main quest(s). None of the expansions for Oblivion or morrowind did this, and I'm pretty sure that none for Fallout 3 or new vegas did this either (although I'm not as certain about those).

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: Turn off your PC May 30, 2012, 08:28 deadearth

The newer windows sleep mode (not when it was added) makes my computer nearly shut off. I guess its suspending to ram, but all i know is it goes completely silent, cuts off all the fans, and instantly comes back on. I had not used sleep mode on my desktop for years until i tried it one day with windows 7 and was amazed.

Highly recommended.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
79. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 14:18 deadearth

Beamer wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 13:07:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 11:12:
Beamer wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 10:04:
If people didn't want to play it then it wouldn't have been pirated like crazy.

Correlation does not equal causation.

Untrue. Why would anyone possibly download a game if they do not want to play it? Some people mention things like "collecting" here, but does anyone think a meaningful number of people "collect" things they do not wish to play?
People downloaded the game because they wished to play it. Maybe only for curiosity, to see how bad it was, but clearly they desired to play it.

Actually you would be surprised. I used to pirate pc games a lot when i was in college, i don't anymore. When i was doing it i spent more time downloading, archiving, and organizaing than i did playing. Sure I didn't download every single game regardless of my interest, but i probably got around to only playing 5% of what i downloaded. I really was 'collecting' games the same way a stamp collector would. I still 'collect' games, only on steam. Whereas previously i would pirate a game with the intent of playing it sometime in the future (but usually not), now i just impulse purchase on steam sales with the intent of playing it sometime in the future.

With the steam sales I'm not pirating, people are getting some money from me, and i spend less time archiving/organizing and more time playing.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 7, 2012, 10:07 deadearth

Flashback was such an amazing game. I spent wayyy to many hours on it as a child. I sadly only ever played the sega cd version, but it was quite a good port IMHO.

One interesting tidbit from that version. The manual that came with the game had a screenshot that had a password to a random level towards the end of the game. As a kid discovering that in the manual was an amazing feeling, especially when you weren't able to get past the 4th level or so.

News Comments > Steam Hardware Plans?
9. Re: Steam Hardware Plans? Mar 3, 2012, 11:54 deadearth

Creston wrote on Mar 3, 2012, 11:27:
It makes no sense to go into the hardware business. There's barely any money to be made in it, margins are cut-throat, there's dozens of competitors, it's diametrically opposite to their core (and really, their ONLY) business, which is digital delivery, and finally, I assume a sizable portion of their customer base already has a box capable of playing (the majority of) Steam games.

Creston

From what it sounds like, valve wouldn't be making it. Gabe said himself they would rather leave the hardware the hardware people. It seems like some 3rd party hardware company would produce and sell it, it would just be made specifically for steam.

News Comments > Rayman Origins Demo
2. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 1, 2012, 11:01 deadearth

http://i.qkme.me/36e7m3.jpg

sorry, couldn't resist

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Steamworks Support
9. Re: Borderlands 2 Steamworks Support Feb 29, 2012, 11:16 deadearth

Verno wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 10:37:
Well given that they included SecuRom with a DLC in Borderlands 1 in all versions, that's far from a given unfortunately.

I think the purpose of this was mainly for the non-steam versions, but IIRC due to some licensing issue (or possibly publishing agreement?) they had to put it on the steam version. The later dlc's did not have SecuRom on steam.

Since this one is steam across the board I would highly doubt that any of it will come with SecuRom.

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Breaks Even
27. Re: PC Alan Wake Breaks Even Feb 20, 2012, 13:45 deadearth

Creston wrote on Feb 20, 2012, 13:38:

Likely not. So you should just buy every bone they throw at you after several years, in the hope that they'll see that and maybe throw you one a little sooner next time? How would you recommend that people say to Remedy "hey, I don't really care about your two-year-old scrap?"

Genuinely curious btw. What else would you suggest people do?

Well that's kinda what I was getting at, I honestly don't know. I'm just not convinced that refusing to buy it would 'show them', just reinforce that the PC isn't worth spending time on.

I haven't picked it up yet either (simply because I've got way too many games sitting on my steam list to play), but I am interested and will probably pick it up once my backlog gets a little lower.

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Breaks Even
21. Re: PC Alan Wake Breaks Even Feb 20, 2012, 13:20 deadearth

Bhruic wrote on Feb 20, 2012, 12:42:
This is a bit disappointing. While in general I'm all for people buying and playing the games they want to, it's discouraging to see a developer being rewarded for giving us sloppy seconds.

Well by not purchasing the game are you 'punishing' them or are you proving to them that the PC isn't a valid platform?

If the game does really well on the PC, I'm guessing we'll be seeing more from them focused on the PC. If it doesn't then we likely won't.

I understand wanting to 'punish' developers for ignoring the pc for so long, but that's not going to help the cause. Developers don't see a lack of sales and say "Oh we should focus more there because we aren't selling much there". No business operates like that.

The only way to improve the pc situation is buy good pc games. From everything I've seen, this is a good pc game.

News Comments > Steam Breach Follow-up
7. Re: jtw321@gmail.com Feb 10, 2012, 21:53 deadearth

Slashman wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 21:49:

This message popped up when I signed into Steam earlier this evening. So its not just hiding on their forums.

It's also on their steam 'news' page.

110 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo