Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for deadearth

Real Name deadearth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 19, 2007, 17:56
Total Comments 108 (Novice)
User ID 45672

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month
17. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 14, 2014, 00:02 deadearth

Acleacius wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 23:35:
deadearth wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 21:43:
Has any Paid MMO that has come to steam allowed allowed users to register their key for free? I'm not aware of any, there may be one or two but most don't. I'm not sure why you would expect bethesda to
Guild Wars 2, comes to mind. Secret World comes to mind.

How many do I need to list?

Everquest, Everquest II and Vanguard (now deceased), comes to mind.

Can I expect now, are you still blocking me?

Guild wars 2 isn't even on steam. Guild Wars 1 cannot be activated (http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/trying-activate-game-steam-t10470753.html).

Everquest and everquet 2 are both now f2p. I can't find any evidence that activating the non-f2p versions on steam was a possibility . Secret World you also cannot activate on steam. http://steamcommunity.com/app/215280/discussions/0/828925216459127115/

I agree it would be nice, but not something that should be expected.

Denying access to the forums is odd as I'm not aware of any other game requiring ownership to access or post on the forums.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month
10. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 13, 2014, 21:43 deadearth

Has any Paid MMO that has come to steam allowed allowed users to register their key for free? I'm not aware of any, there may be one or two but most don't. I'm not sure why you would expect bethesda to  

News Comments > Borderlands 1 & Civilization III/IV MP Moving to Steam
5. Re: Borderlands 1 & Civilization III/IV MP Moving to Steam Apr 22, 2014, 22:59 deadearth

Creston wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 22:03:
Kudos to all devs for moving these games over!

Indeed! given the realities of using a 3rd party multiplayer, Rune is the only item that stands out as justified in needing preservation (among the ones that are not being transferred to stema) , and it is still available via http://store.steampowered.com/app/210950/?snr=1_7_15__13

I am really really really surprised that they are updating Civ 3. That is really a testament to 2k. It makes me want to go back and play some Civ 3. I still need to play a bit more Civ 5 and Civ 4 first thought.

News Comments > 100 More Steam Greenlights
1. Re: 100 More Steam Greenlights Dec 4, 2013, 19:33 deadearth

yay, consortium made it

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=112110662

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released
3. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 10:57 deadearth

blue, i think you meant "$22M" not "$21M"  

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers Becomes Homeworld: Shipbreakers
28. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers Becomes Homeworld: Shipbreakers Sep 3, 2013, 08:57 deadearth

Cutter wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 20:22:

"These guys have been funded by private equity, but it's clear it was going to take many millions of dollars more," Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford said.

Do you have some particular problem comprehending what that means? They said they needed X amount of dollars, reality is they need a lot more. That's textbook fraud. Is that rocket surgery for you? I really don't understand how it can be anymore clear than that. Deceiving people for personal gain is fraud. Understand?

I think you don't understand private equity practices. Typically companies have different rounds of venture capital, starting small and getting larger as they are able to prove themselves. It would only be fraud if Blackbird told the original investors they only needed X dollars when they knew full well at the time they would need more. Since I'm assuming the original private equity firm were not idiots (which may not be a valid assumption), and validated how much money would actually be needed to complete the project.

"They said they needed X amount of dollars, reality is they need a lot more. "

There is no evidence they said that, so yes we can read, but we aren't making anything up either.

Unless the original investors sue for fraud, I'm not gonna believe an internet message board post claiming so

News Comments > Bethesda Game Vulnerability
2. Re: Bethesda Game Vulnerability May 12, 2013, 10:04 deadearth

If the same vulnerability is present in Morrowind released in 2002 is still present in Skyrim (released 2012), the odds are in my favor that the same vulnerability will be in the latest game release.

Considering every game since morrowind used the same engine and ESO is NOT using that engine, i would say the odds are NOT in his favor. This seems like a complete non-story.

Also, the only way to exploit it he says is by installing a mod. I can't tell you how many mods crashed my game back in the hayday. Seems like those were 'exploiting' the game as well.

News Comments > The Forest Trailer
2. Re: The Forest Trailer May 10, 2013, 09:43 deadearth

trailer looks really good, first half has sort of a Lost feel to it. Hadn't heard of this before, but really looking forward to it.  

News Comments > EA 10% Layoff Report Confirmed
1. Re: EA 10% Layoff Report Confirmed May 8, 2013, 20:37 deadearth

hah, i kept reading the title as "EA 100% layoff report confirmed"

read it 3 times and still had to read the text below to notice it was 10% and not 100%

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Storage Increase Plans
12. Re: Borderlands 2 Storage Increase Plans Mar 26, 2013, 14:25 deadearth

Creston wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 12:32:
So to reiterate:

The Ultimate Vault Hunter pack WILL be included with the season pass (and is presumably DLC 4.)

The new character will NOT be included with the season pass.

Correct?

It'll be a lot cheaper to just buy both of those individually, then.

Creston

I'm 99% sure that the ultimate vault hunter pack is not the 4th advertised dlc, even though it is included in the season pass. (I think its sorta an 'extra' bonus)

This article seems to confirm that:

link

News Comments > TrackMania2 and ShootMania on Steam; TM2 Stadium Open Beta
5. Re: TrackMania2 and ShootMania on Steam Feb 27, 2013, 15:09 deadearth

m0deth wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 14:45:
I'm sorry, didn't buy your first whole package..as all it gave me over the free one was cars. Cars that all in all didn't really feel different enough to separate the experience...so what is the point?(a friend's buyer's remorse taught me that.)

I do agree that they really gave too much away with Trackmania Stadium (or TrackMania Nations Forever as they call it now), but to say all you got when buying the full deal was more cars is just wrong. There were loads more environments, tracks, modes, etc...

News Comments > More Borderlands 2 DLC
39. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 19:26 deadearth

Redmask wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 18:45:
Beamer wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 17:45:
If you expected more then you are an idiot.

And, if you actually played the DLC, you'd see how damn obvious it is that the stuff has zero to do with the actual game, is somewhat annoying, and clearly isn't "cut content."

I don't know, I think anyone who just puts up with it because 'thats what they said they would do so that makes it ok and dont you dare expect more' is an idiot. DLC characters -after- a season pass is my personal line, I draw it there and I don't give a fuck if you think its fair or not, any company doing that shit won't get my money in the future. The quality of the Borderlands 2 DLC doesn't exactly have me begging for another pass anyway.

Would you rather them not make another character? Or are you saying if they decided to make another character they should include it in the season pass even though they said from the beginning only 4 specific things were included?

To me it seems odd to even purchase another character, as I only had interest in going through the game with a single character. So unless I came in and purchased some GOTY edition at a later date, i wouldn't even think of starting a 2nd game with a dlc character.

32. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 16:57 deadearth

Beelzebud wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 15:23:
So basically if you bought the Season Pass they think you're a sucker that they can bleed more money from. Wasn't the entire point of the Season Pass to get the DLC?

People need to stop supporting this bullshit. Between this and the Alien game, I'm done with Gearbox.

The whole point of the dlc was to get 4 Content packs, nothing more. It was clearly labelled as such, and if someone was under the impression that no additional dlc would ever be released, or that any additional dlc would be included, then who's fault is that (Considering it was clearly spelled out)?

There has been some discussion of a 2nd season of DLC, do i expect this to be included in the season pack? (NO)

26. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 14:43 deadearth

How dare gearbox release Borderlands 2! I paid $50 for borderlands 1 one and should have gotten all content henceforth. Such a cashgrab.  

News Comments > RAGE Tool Kit
12. Re: RAGE Tool Kit Feb 8, 2013, 22:05 deadearth

Verno wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 21:46:

Hey man, as a guy who paid $60 and preordered, I really didn't like Rage much but I think calling it outright shit is a bit harsh. Call it average and unambitious, call it conflicted and design by committee but shit is a bit much, especially when the complaints are just centered around the visuals.

They released the SDK, maybe not in a great state but they followed through on that and people should be encouraging that kind of behavior.

I agree. It was a very fun game that had bad graphical oddities. The outdoor scenes were beautiful and some of the nicer looking scenes I've seen in a game. Indoor, or looking at something very close at all and it looked downright terrible. I still had a blast up until the game just suddenly ended. Did the guy at Id that knew how to make final bosses leave before they started designing Rage?

News Comments > Gas Powered Countdown
7. Re: Gas Powered Countdown Dec 19, 2012, 11:49 deadearth

Whatever happened to that Gods and Kings game that shut down after pre production. That was kinda weird...  

News Comments > Free Radical: Cancelled Battlefront III was "99% Finished"
4. Re: Free Radical: Cancelled Battlefront III was Dec 1, 2012, 16:33 deadearth

pagb wrote on Dec 1, 2012, 15:35:
Yep, that video on youtube posted a while ago says the opposite

Did anyone say that the youtube video was the last build before it was cancelled? (or even how close to the youtube build was from the time it was cancelled?)

I honestly don't know, but the video could have easily been 6 months to a year before that happened, and is probably not an indication of the state of the game just prior to cancellation

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage Trailer
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage Trailer Nov 20, 2012, 14:38 deadearth

according to the shacknews review, its not just an arena which is what the trailer makes it look like. Supposedly there are new areas and a story:

link

News Comments > More "Dragonborn" Skyrim DLC Hints
7. Re: More Oct 17, 2012, 14:03 deadearth

Beelzebud wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 13:50:

I don't see the unfounded assumption. The first two DLC packs for Skyrim are pretty weak. Thus, he hopes this one has better content in it.

well maybe he picked his words incorrectly or maybe i read too much into it. His words: "not these mod quality size DLC's". I guess you have to ask what he meant by "these". Normally i would assume he meant what was referenced in the article unless he otherwise states. The only thing referenced in the article was the unannounced dlc.

News Comments > More "Dragonborn" Skyrim DLC Hints
5. Re: More Oct 17, 2012, 13:34 deadearth

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 12:31:
I want a real expansion pack, not these mod quality size DLC's

The unfounded assumptions is strong in this one.

Lets wait for... I don't know.... the DLC to be announced before bashing it shall we

108 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo