Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for pete

Real Name pete   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname peteham
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 14, 2007, 18:39
Total Comments 596 (Apprentice)
User ID 45624

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > FIFA 11 PC Announced
7. Re: PC versus Console Jul 8, 2010, 14:48 peteham

AnarKane wrote on Jul 8, 2010, 13:03:
Does it come complete with refs that blow the calls every match at least twice?
Hey, it wouldn't be FIFA if you couldn't bribe the referee or some other high-ranking official.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On The Old Republic's End Game
25. Re: On The Old Republic's End Game Jul 6, 2010, 06:52 peteham

I'm totally with StingingVelvet here. I really want a single player game, but I have no illusions I'm going to get one. This being an MMO, we'll see some degree of the generic, boring, sterile zero-impact worlds we're used to no matter what. It is unavoidable. It is your destinyyy.

Someone expressed worry that all the "worthwhile" stuff will require 20+ guys, and this is exactly what I expect to happen. It wouldn't be a very good MMORPG if you could do *everything* solo. So I'll most likely stay away from it.

Here's a comic that brilliantly sums up every solo MMORPG quest I've seen to date http://thenoobcomic.com/index.php?pos=19

And this nicely sums up "leveling" quests as a whole: http://thenoobcomic.com/index.php?pos=22

(I love that comic)

News Comments > StarCraft II to Go 3D Via a Patch
29. Re: StarCraft II to Go 3D Via a Patch Jul 5, 2010, 10:08 peteham

BobBob wrote on Jul 5, 2010, 04:36:
This is the only "3D" even worth looking at. Watch the full demonstration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw
Head-tracking is yet another one of those things that sound good in theory but don't really work in practice. It's still your TV-set and livingroom, not the holo-deck. You have extremely limited space to move around, and your TV stays in exactly the same spot. Its utility the way I see it, is basically limited to tech-demos. The 3D effect only asserts itself through movement relative to your head, so yeah, you could use it for simple stuff like that goal-keeper game MS has been using for every Kinect demo, but you couldn't build a real FPS around it. Most of us would have a whopping 2 metres to move forward.

To underline my point, did anyone catch videos of MS demoing Forza and head-tracking? Awesome in theory, right? Turn your head 90 degrees to see the car you're overtaking? But wait, where does your TV go? That's right, nowhere. Aka. a place you can no longer see after turning your head. To combat this of course, they had tweaked the sensitivity. Which just made everything look (and I'm sure *feel*) dumb.

News Comments > MS Recommitted to PC Gaming (Again)?
1. Re: MS Recommitted to PC Gaming (Again)? Jun 21, 2010, 17:10 peteham

Hahah... Fable? A core game? I weep for humanity.  

News Comments > Trine 2 Announced
9. Re: Trine 2 Announced Jun 18, 2010, 18:40 peteham

Wildone wrote on Jun 18, 2010, 14:57:
Trine2: LaTrine
Would that be the French localization?

News Comments > Trine 2 Announced
5. Re: Trine 2 Announced Jun 18, 2010, 13:14 peteham

Wow, I'm so happy I didn't buy the first one for the original asking price. No editor, no new levels. just a new game, which will probably cost 20$ and again, be without all the added stuff and <faul language> us all again.
Your support ensured the sequel good sir!

Oh, wait.

News Comments > New Slimmer Xbox 360 this Week
14. Re: New Slimmer Xbox 360 this Week Jun 14, 2010, 17:50 peteham

Been waiting for the slim for a while now, and gonna get one to replace my current non HDMI version. Despite microsoft's denials, it was a pretty sure sign when the two biggest retail chains over here suddenly _ran out_ of 360 Elites about a month back, and to this day haven't restocked.. The official version? Oh.. Uh... Supply problems! As if nobody saw straight through that.

Anyway, I've been hearing rumours this new model *has* to be standing up. Can anyone confirm/deny this? Sounds like a fairly stupid design to me, if true..

News Comments > It Came from E3 2010, Part 0
3. Re: It Came from E3 2010, Part 0 Jun 13, 2010, 19:04 peteham

Ah how I love the traditional E3 headline  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Trailer
21. Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Trailer Jun 13, 2010, 07:22 peteham

Unknown Soldier wrote on Jun 13, 2010, 04:58:
I still don't know why people hated the original. I thought it was a great, polished game. It was the first game I ever got 1000/1000 achievements. The sequel is definitely going to be a day one purchase for me. You'll have to excuse me now, I have to go change my underwear after watching that video.
Well, excessive hype tends to backfire. It was decent I suppose, but I'd say it was a far cry from feeling polished.

That said, if they fix some targeting issues and remove the frustratingly excessive stunlock-potential, they'll have come a long way. Now make the light-saber actually effective rather than the glow-in-the-dark nerfbat of the original, and throw in dismemberment and we're really talking. Actually, your garden-variety storm-troopers should be nothing more than walking medkits that you can effortlessly wade through by the hundreds. This was generally the case in the original as well, except you'd have to slap them 10 times each and they'd bounce around instead of being sliced in half. This really ruined the feel of the game for me.

19. Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Trailer Jun 13, 2010, 05:54 peteham

Ant wrote on Jun 13, 2010, 05:40:
All Star Wars trailers are awesome. Remember, it's marketing and cutscenes. I never got the game, but did watch the cutscenes online. They were nice.

Now, can we get sequels to X-Wing (Alliance was good too), TIE Fighter, Jedi Academy/Outcast, Dark Forces, etc.? KOTOR was good, but never tried KOTOR2 since I heard bad things and lack of free time.
True enough, the Phantom Menace trailers were quite good.. A shame those 30 seconds of exposition were enough to showcase the full depth (or lack thereof) of the entire trilogy

And yeah, sequels to X-Wing/TIE Fighter would be awesome. But the game I would really kill for is something like Freelancer set in the Star Wars universe. That could've been soooo damn good! Too bad the genre is dead.

16. Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Trailer Jun 12, 2010, 21:13 peteham

Impressive. Most impressive. While I doubt the game will be anywhere near as good as these trailers, it has never the less managed to become a blip on my radar. I did finish the original and "OK" was the best that could ever be said about it, however.. With some of it's flaws in mind, "OK" might even be a bit generous.

Also, I'll echo the sentiment that they should consider making a movie instead of a game. This short piece managed to be miles better than the entire new trilogy. Then again, how Lucas managed to botch that to such a degree is nothing short of mind-boggling. Terrible acting, terrible directing, terrible script. The fall of the republic and Anakin's tragic tale could and should've made for some epic and emotional moments, no.. Darth Maul was the only decent character in the entire trilogy, probably because he didn't have to spout any of Lucas' lousy dialogue.

News Comments > Trine 2 PC Plans
7. Re: Trine 2 PC Plans Jun 12, 2010, 20:45 peteham

Sign me up for preorders. Trine 1 was a great game. I just hope they enhance the puzzle element of the sequel somewhat, since the game as a whole was far too easy and never really required you to think.

Well, too easy with the notable exception being the last level. I hear it's been nerfed considerably in later patches, but christ.. That level is something I never wish to play again.

The atmosphere/art direction was superb though. Truly magical.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed May 27, 2010, 17:42 peteham

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 27, 2010, 15:00:
I know publishers feel Metacritic is important, but do any players/customers actually go by aggregate scores like Metacritic? I surely don't.
Same here, or not directly at least. I sometimes use metacritic to find reviews and I must confess that I rarely browse through games outside the upper percentiles. In that respect, and for the vast majority of people who don't track titles they're interested in years ahead of release like most people here do, I definitely think metacritic helps with exposure.

If nothing else, it's something publishers/devs can show stock-holders..

News Comments > StarCraft II Regions Divided
38. Re: StarCraft II Regions Divided May 27, 2010, 17:35 peteham

Beamer wrote on May 27, 2010, 17:26:
I still can't believe how many of you claim to have a LAN with no access to the internet. Alright, fine, there have been some people pointing out that serious competition LAN parties with hundreds of users may not have the bandwith, but other than that? Seriously, if all you did was have 2-4 person LAN games you shouldn't be affected at all. Your LAN is on the internet. You can still play each other in private Battle.net games. You'll notice no differences...
This game's lack of nullmodem-support makes this a no-buy. Screw you Blizzard!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation May 19, 2010, 13:03 peteham

# Scanning for minerals has been optimized
As it turns out, optimized != removed.

Too bad.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation May 12, 2010, 10:53 peteham

PS3 'to end hardcore stigma'
Yay.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Blowout
11. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Blowout May 5, 2010, 14:02 peteham

What the hell. The color of those sandbags is off. THIS ISN'T FALLOUT!!

(no, it never gets old, sorry NMA)

News Comments > Clint Hocking Leaves Ubisoft
4. Re: Clint Hocking Leaves Ubisoft May 4, 2010, 13:20 peteham

eRe4s3r wrote on May 4, 2010, 12:16:
Yeah, being too content is a real reason to quit your job. So why would anyone hire that guy again? If he is content with his job he quits? So what, as boss you have to make him discontent and skimp on his pay so that he doesn't quit?

Sounds more like an excuse .. related to DRM ?
No future employer is going to have a problem with this. Wanting some change of pace after eight years (apparently) with the same employer is perfectly reasonable. I can also pretty much guarantee you that no HR-person is gonna view his remark about wanting to leave his comfort-zone as something negative. Quite the contrary.

Excuse? Love how you managed to see through the ruse and reveal the obvious cover-up there. Rolleyes

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 DLC Tomorrow
15. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC Tomorrow May 4, 2010, 02:52 peteham

NKD wrote on May 4, 2010, 01:19:
Complain all you'd like. People are going to buy it in droves, and BioWare's going to keep making it.
And even if people don't buy it in droves, this type of stuff costs them virtually nothing to make so they can just put a couple of guys on it and keep churning it out.

People who buy this type of DLC make my mind boggle, though. Just give us a full expansion already! Despite being a bit rough around the edges, not to mention easy compared to the original, DA:Awakening and playing a real expansion again, was awesome.

News Comments > Legal Briefs
1. Re: Legal Briefs Apr 30, 2010, 14:15 peteham

In your face, conspiracy theorists

Besides, if Apple wanted to control your fragile minds, they could just poison your cereal. They can do that, you know.

Or maybe this is just part of the plan. Plans within plans! Devious Paranoid

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 2010, 15:46.

596 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo