Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nada

Real Name Nada   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Surf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 11, 2007, 22:42
Total Comments 1350 (Pro)
User ID 45589

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Patch Next Week
25. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Next Week Dec 11, 2010, 17:42 Surf

@ Creston "don't think you lose them if you don't have them ON you."

If they are on you OR your companions, yes you do lose them.

As for the cashier suggestion, that is something I never even knew about. I will try that our and hopefully can complete those two quests, for the 10th time....

Just got done eliminating the Brotherhood of Steel, those fuckers are TOUGH! Then again I am playing Very Hard and Hardcore mode, the game is a low to moderate challenge, ain't no stalker!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Highlander Games Cut
8. removed Dec 11, 2010, 17:38 Surf

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 12, 2010, 11:01.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Preorders & Augmented Edition
33. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Preorders & Augmented Edition Dec 1, 2010, 16:00 Surf

I agree. I have been trying Two Worlds 2, UK version, and hate to say this I do not like it. I tried about 5-8 hours and I will do so again, but so far it is clunky as can be. But I am still in the beginning stages of the game and it may grow on me over time.

Still haven't tried Gothic 4, doesn't seem like I am missing much there either.

Wish someone would make the equivalent of a medieval Stalker game with serious fighting like Mount and Blade. Tired of "leveling" in games where you become so powerful NOTHING can stop you. Stalker never used levels, and throughout the entire game you could be snuffed out like a candle in the wind. Sure you got better weapons and armor, but an ambush or headshot could take you out.

I vote for getting rid of "leveling" in all games. Skills are fine, but leveling is ridiculous. Ultima Online didn't have levels, just skills, and that game had me on edge EVERY time I played. Safety in numbers too, and the ability to lose everything on your person if killed. Loved that!

30. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Preorders & Augmented Edition Dec 1, 2010, 12:28 Surf

Well lets not forget that Warren "worked on" ultima underworld 1/2, thief dark project, system shock 2.

He knew how the games should be designed and as I stated he NEVER took full credit for any of those games. Him admitting to any bad game idea's clearly shows this.

He is not a hard ass and he did cave in on some of his idea's, at least he HAD idea's that may have sounded good at the time or in conversation.

Anyways, the bottom line is that games are really getting way too casual for me.

Oh, I have to retract my Europe is making the best games, while partially true, Fallout New Vegas on Hard Core and Very Hard settings has been very European game like. I did the different types of ammo and how the better types can accelerate the degradation of the weapon, that is very System Shock 2 and Stalker like. The adult topics too have been very welcome (Child rape, torture, sex slaves, prostitutes, drugs, murder, cannibalism). It is a far darker and more adult themed game than Fallout 3 was, and I enjoy that. Hell even F3:NV makes it really difficult to choose a faction as all of them have strengths and weaknesses:

NCR - Exactly as the old world was and as we know that ended up in a nuclear disaster. Pure capitalism where greed rules.

Caesars Legion - Introducing a Darwinian approach to ruling the world. He actually has a point, there will always be masters and servants. Trying to make everyone equal will never work so use people for what they are good at, be it a soldier, slave, scientist etc.

Mr. House - Brilliant, arrogant, with wonderful idea's of bringing back the human race to power in a different way, and having the brains and muscle to do it too! So far I have decided to team up with Mr. House rather than destroy him as I am not smart enough to pull off what he wants to accomplish with humanity.

Also Fallout 3 and Fallout NV had great, classic collectors editions with very little DLC/Digital content. I mean the F3 box I have has a friggin digital clock in it, a metal lunch box, F:NV has a metal chip, a deck of cards. That is Origin style old school like the old Ultima's and Moebius.

Even the collectors edition of Stalker SoC is in a metal tin and the Russian Clear Sky is a huge box with, get this, a WORKING LIGHTER, cloth maps, a glow in the dark ball, iron on patches, a full paperback book! I got that one too off ebay, but its all in Russian.

Classic style games like the above are just getting harder to come by. Sucks man, I really wish people would craft their games as they did in the old days as well as the physical content.

27. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Preorders & Augmented Edition Dec 1, 2010, 11:08 Surf

I've met and barely worked with Warren when I was at Eidos 99-2000. He was a great guy, we hit it off and talked for about 2.5-3 hours, nearly agreeing on everything (Except Tresspasser which I thought had potential, he hated all of it). He then asked me to come to Austin to work on this game Deus Ex, I declined as I was living in SF and working on Thief around then (At looking Glass, when I was there for 2 weeks, they showed me this little game called System Shock 2, hahaa, loved it!)

Anyways, after my long winded intro, Warren has NEVER taken full credit for Deus Ex. He is extremely modest and humble and would often talk about his Team and why they worked so well, took risks etc. etc.

Those days are gone people. So many risky development studio's have gone out of business and now it's all about cheap, boring, simple, repetitive games for the dumbest generation of all time: The ME generation (anyone under 30 is automatically included).

DE Human Rev will probably be visually stunning, but it has do be fucking dumb enough to cater to as many people as possible. Little girls, black kids, white kids, asian kids, mommy and daddy's no violence and sex approval. Basically much like the movie industry.

No one makes games to a particular group these days, say 30-40, in America. The last game I played that DID do this was Stalker, specifically aimed at adults and being totally unappologetic about it.

Look to Europe for your best games, America is dead gaming and movie wise.

News Comments > Inception Game Confirmed?
1. Re: Inception Game Confirmed? Dec 1, 2010, 10:59 Surf

I don't know which movie was more overrated, Avatar or Inception.

People are so fucking gullible these days as neither movie was brain challenge in any way shape or form. Visually, sure, but story, yawn.

Inception a 2010 remake of The Matrix!

News Comments > CD Projekt vs Piracy
113. Re: CD Projekt vs Piracy Nov 24, 2010, 15:43 Surf

BY THE WAY:

To avoid getting caught use newsgroups and free news readers. There is a newsgroup company that gives you 15gigs download for $3 for 3 days. No sharing, no IP logging, boom, done, out.

Bit Torrent is foolish for the most part and slow compared to newsgroups.

News Comments > OnLive Reviewed
59. Re: OnLive Reviewed Nov 23, 2010, 20:17 Surf

Speed of light that hits components on a router, firewall then desktop system.

You said, but GROSSLY understated the processing part my friend between the above devices AND sending that data back.

As i stated, WAY too much tech too soon. OnLine will go the way of Voodoo/3dfx but someone will buy their tech for pennies on the dollar a few years from now.

News Comments > Elder Scrolls 5 Rumor
78. Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Rumor Nov 23, 2010, 20:10 Surf

If Bethesda can't make a fucking seamless indoor to outdoor engine I am not fucking getting this shit.

For DECADES you have to open cave doors, doors to houses/building, what the fuck! Can't I walk into a castle with a door loading screen?

News Comments > OnLive Reviewed
54. Re: OnLive Reviewed Nov 22, 2010, 22:27 Surf

OnLive's biggest mistake is not being able to control the client/end users side of the network. Without some sort of working QoS setup, people are going to bitch, moan and point the finger at OnLive.

Too much too soon. Onlive is taking the Origin Systems Inc. (now defunct) method of projecting where technology will be when they go live. But like Origin Inc., they are way fucking off base.

News Comments > CD Projekt vs Piracy
4. Re: CD Projekt vs Piracy Nov 22, 2010, 22:22 Surf

No they won't work and the fee's the legal companies will submit will take CD Projekt out across the globe. Now if they use a contingency then maybe.

But....

If someone downloads something, on a shared network, they need the MAC address of the offender. The MAC address is typically of the router, not the system behind the router. Therefore if you receive a letter stating you downloaded something illegally they have to prove who did it on a shared network. Also, wireless can be hacked so you can use that tactic as well.

ISP's are also legally obligated to provide each person with a cease and desist warning by phone AND by regular mail.

So in short, this won't work at all unless you are a fucking dumb ass that connects your computer directly to the internet without a firewall of any kind.

News Comments > John Carmack Podcast
4. Re: John Carmack Podcast Nov 19, 2010, 19:00 Surf

"Breaking into the game industry..."

Ya, show up, bring resume, no experience required, you are hired.

real fuckin tough.

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online to Expand
18. Re: The Lord of the Rings Online to Expand Nov 19, 2010, 18:58 Surf

These games are destined to fail solely due to the profit motive of the company.

We want a game, a game that ends, so we can try other things. These games want money, they slow the experience, trying desperately to keep you hooked.

There has never been a game out there that has captivated me for more than 3 years except Battlefield 2. But I could walk away from it any time, play for 30 minutes or 8 hours. The other would maybe be Doom 1.

Anyways, MMO's are destined to fail by design. They may make them some coin as WoW has proven, but only one MMO can rule the roost it appears.

News Comments > Two Worlds II Patch
7. Re: Two Worlds II Patch Nov 19, 2010, 18:50 Surf

I really enjoyed the 1st one and now playing the UK TW2.

I played it for about 6-8 hours over 2 days and have zero interest in going back. The game looks great, but it plays rather awkward and clunky. Not sure why people are raving about it, it is more of the same old same old to me.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. TV Series?
25. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. TV Series? Nov 11, 2010, 02:42 Surf

Risky and original, bout time. Fucking tired to death of the same, "safe money" bet shows out there like Friends and Jon Stewart. Walking Dead should hopefully be good, as the first episode was stellar, the 2nd one not so much but ok enough.

Stalker is one of the best games, let alone IP's that has come out for gaming and art in decades. Very hard core, excellent graphics, interesting story, horrible endings. The series teeters on extinction but they manage to have 3 successful games.

looking forward to Stalker 2, but afraid it is going to take a shit with motivations on profit and consolization.

Consoles can't handle a game like stalker and I don't mean that graphically. Kids have the attention span of a gnat and this game is fairly slow paced which is very much welcomed.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Patch Plans
11. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patch Plans Nov 7, 2010, 17:17 Surf

I've been playing it daily, going slow as hell and enjoying it because there are no other games like this coming out anytime soon (Stalker 2 must be 2-3 years away).

Anyways, no show stopping bugs, but annoying and FONV is far buggier than FO3:

Cannot initiate the ED-E quest at the junk yard
Friendly NPC's seem to attack ED-E randomly (happened maybe 10 times)
Companions being too aggressive and running into a fray when sent to range and peaceful mode.

Companions falling through the floor but they seem to get back out of it.

Super slow framerates especially in wide open area's with a lot of terrain and detail. Never had this prob with FO3 Ultra.

Otherwise I love the game, warezed it and waited for my Amazon Collectors Edition which I got and is cool. Really dig this game.

News Comments > Battlefield Play4Free FAQ; Trailer
13. removed Nov 7, 2010, 17:11 Surf

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 8, 2010, 12:33.

News Comments > Icewind Dale 2 Complete on GOG.com
16. Re: Icewind Dale 2 Complete on GOG.com Nov 6, 2010, 13:17 Surf

Had this game when it originally came out, played it coop with a gf who never played games before except Diablo 1/2.

Was a blast! Really fun and more combat driven that BG. Don't get me wrong, loved BG, but this game coop was really cool and we didn't have to worry too much about the story. Nice.

News Comments > Battlefield Play4Free Announced
58. Re: Battlefield Play4Free Announced Nov 6, 2010, 13:15 Surf

The whole gaming industry, spearheaded by EA, is getting fragmented with the obsession of getting money out of everyone. Jesus fucking christ I want the old days back where we bought games and played games, period.

Fuck microtransactions!

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Vietnam Flame-Thrower Trailer
7. Re: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Flame-Thrower Trailer Nov 6, 2010, 13:13 Surf

"The only good gook is a dead gook, mmm hmmmm...."  

1350 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo