Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nada

Real Name Nada   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Surf
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 11, 2007, 22:42
Total Comments 1350 (Pro)
User ID 45589

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gratuitous Tank Battles Video Diary
1. Re: Gratuitous Tank Battles Video Diary Jan 1, 2012, 15:30 Surf

Lack of control after deployment in Gratuitous Space Battles was the biggest turn off for this series.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Enhanced Skyrim UI
37. Re: Enhanced Skyrim UI Dec 19, 2011, 03:45 Surf

Agreed. Bethesda only listens to themselves and keeps making games that have too much repetitive crap. They don't seem to play other competitors games such as Gothic, Risen or even Stalker. You can do more with less, make events happen a few times, make a smaller, far more detailed and believable world.

For christs sake the guards are all the same in every town!

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Closed Beta Patched
9. Re: Tribes: Ascend Closed Beta Patched Dec 16, 2011, 10:22 Surf

Game sounds cool, F2P will kill it.

Mark my words.

News Comments > Lord British/EA UO2 Follow-up
21. Re: Lord British/EA UO2 Follow-up Dec 16, 2011, 10:18 Surf

"but Oubliette was one of, if not the first. 1977"
YES that was it! Never played it but read about it.

Garriot was Origin systems and brought in many other creators for other games such as Moebius, Autoduel and 2400AD. He should have kept UO out of the Origin deal, but all EA wanted was Ultima, hence they never continued with the older games at all.

Lets not forget, after all the Wizardry, Oblietter, DM comments, Ultima Underworld brought in 3D/2D!

News Comments > Lord British/EA UO2 Follow-up
7. Re: Lord British/EA UO2 Follow-up Dec 15, 2011, 12:32 Surf

"its 100% remake of Dungeon Master if you ask me"

Uhh, Wizardry was made in 1980! DM was made in the mid 80's. There is only one other game that was before Wizardry that started this view perspective, but I forgot the name (Had a small blue castle with a light gray background, Apple ][) Even Alternate Reality was before Dungeon Master, and AR is far ahead of both games in terms of content.

Lord British BLEW IT giving the rights away to Ultima, what a friggin tool. When will people learn to never give the rights away to the very thing they created? Most of us never make anything that goes commercial, and those that do squander it a few years later. So short sighted.

News Comments > Skyrim Day One Patch Plans; Another Bonus Race Revealed
62. Re: Skyrim Day One Patch Plans; Another Bonus Race Revealed Nov 8, 2011, 00:01 Surf

If you think the game is worth $60, go for it. I was intrigued, didn't notice a demo, had access. 90% of the people on here with the means and know how would do it to, Napster, as well as many other technologies over the year, has proven this.

I got Rage as well, played it 30 minutes, erased it. Didn't see a demo for that either. Sure, I don't have to buy it, I don't have to play it, I don't have to grab it, but I have the abilities to do so, and that is my choice.

Yours is to not, end of discussion.

News Comments > Skyrim Day One Patch Plans; Another Bonus Race Revealed
60. Re: Skyrim Day One Patch Plans; Another Bonus Race Revealed Nov 7, 2011, 22:18 Surf

Dead Island:

Try the game yourself. The melee was friggin sweet if you asked me. Over the top like Evil Dead 2, but you could kill enemies with one shot sometimes, if aimed at the head. You can also throw your weapons too.

I liked the game, but waiting for the price to get say $25 before purchase, and patched, gonna play coop with a buddy or 3.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2011, 22:41.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 PC Checklist
18. Re: Battlefield 3 PC Checklist Oct 25, 2011, 09:43 Surf

PS - Got mine on Amazon for $50, digi download.

Can't remember the map names, some are really good, others not so much, but I blame myself because with previous BF's the hardest thing was getting used to the maps.

Karkand, which I have, was not unlocked all day yesterday, so wasn't able to play. Over time we will see which maps shine.

OH AND THERE IS A COMPASS IN THE LOWER LEFT! YEEEHAW!

News Comments > Battlefield 3 PC Checklist
17. Re: Battlefield 3 PC Checklist Oct 25, 2011, 09:39 Surf

I too unlocked it via a Euro proxy, then reverted and surprisingly there were about 20 servers with about 10 of them having pings under 100.

Played from 1pm to 12 midnight, I know, loser, but no kids, no wife and for some fortunate reason I had that day off and my friend told me about the BF3 login bypass for early access.

Onto the micro review.

By far the best BF of them all! And I have been a loyal fan of every BF, with my favorite being BF2, then BF1942 then BC2, then BF 2142 but I hated BF Vietnam.

BF3 is friggin MIND BLOWING and very infantry heavy. The helicopters and particularly jets seem totally worthless and will have to be tweaked as they do jack shit in the game apparently and are very easy to blast away.

The troops though, WOW, play hard core, its perfect. The guns, the sound, the ENORMOUS levels, there is just no way to convey how friggin awesome this game feels like real war.

Graphics remind me of Stalker call of pripyat maxed out.

OH and my favorite: Tanks can have a top gunner as usual but the driver gets the main gun, a machine gun, smoke, and zoom ALL AT THE SAME TIME! You can swap out 3 perk slots, makes the tanks really ass kicking AND they have a boost speed by holding left shift down to make them fly over hills. They are easier to take out, but it feels balanced to me.

Bravo Dice, best BF yet by far and by January 2012 I bet it will be patched and tweaked to play perfectly.

News Comments > Project Zomboid Code Theft
11. Re: Project Zomboid Code Theft Oct 16, 2011, 16:17 Surf

Interesting how dumb people can be,

1. Trucrypt is free and full drive with OS encryption or just a drive, thumb drive etc. That way if a theft happens, your data, with a good password cannot be grabbed. You just lose the cost of replacing the hard ware.

2. Drop box, free 5 gigs, or pay a few bucks and have even more data. Their game, Zomboid, is tiny, and the 5 gigs probably would have been fine for them if money was THAT tight. Not having their data backed up is inexcusable.

Really, no one to blame but themselves primarily and the thief after.

News Comments > "No Firm Decision" Yet on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 DRM
25. Re: "No Firm Decision" Yet on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 DRM Oct 10, 2011, 22:01 Surf

These developers should use some kind of temporary online activation and online only game play for say the first 30 days. Usually in 1-30 days a game is cracked, and they just need that first 30 days to get people to buy the game.

After 30 days, deliver a patch that only applies or reduces the online only DRM to say a CD check or remove it entirely. But there should be something to prevent casual piracy.

News Comments > RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers
2. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 10:51 Surf

Keep overreacting and bitching in extremes PC gamers, the developers hear ya!

And next year they will give you the middle finger and slut it out with the consoles again.

Don't buy games day one, haven't you idiots learned?

News Comments > More id RAGE Midnight Madness
6. Re: More id RAGE Midnight Madness Oct 3, 2011, 21:21 Surf

Release in about 24/48 hours on Bit Torrent.

This game from what I have read and saw looks like nothing but disappointment. The only thing I am interested in is the graphics and that will last a few hours before I move on.

Only this game and BF3 have GPU pushing engines at this stage that are held back by trying to cater to very antiquated console systems. BF3 however looks to be a very grounbreaking game, Rage looks utterly forgettable.

News Comments > The Cursed Crusade Delayed; Demo Plans; Trailer
2. Re: The Cursed Crusade Delayed; Demo Plans; Trailer Sep 29, 2011, 01:58 Surf

On the torrent scene and vids of it on Youtube. Nice graphics, but modern combat a la Game of Thrones. In other words it looks pretty stupid.  

News Comments > Origin Adds Anti-Lawsuit Language to TOS
69. Re: Origin Adds Anti-Lawsuit Language to TOS Sep 24, 2011, 17:53 Surf

Sorry EA, you cannot "waive" an inherent law to every citizen in America, which is the right to sue anyone and (unfortunately) for any reason. They will get fucked for even having posted this idea.

I was offered a job at a tech consulting company, and in the agreement it stated:
"If terminated, you are not allowed to work for yourself or a competitive company within a 100 mile radius of (our) company"

This was not only an illegal agreement (I never took the job and pointed out to them it was an illegal statement on their behald), you cannot deny someone the ability to earn income and work in a competitive field. Therefore you also cannot remove the right for someone to sue you because they agreed to that on paper as it is LAW.

Also back in the 2001-2003 .com bomb days, temp companies, suffering from the recession/depression, were keeping people as "indefinite" temps. So you could work 10, 20, 50, 100 hours, forever, and never receive the benefits of a full time employee. I believe both California State and Federal laws prohibit this, and there is something of a 60-90 day temp employment before a company has to accept your as an employee, part time or full, or terminate you as a temp. Many companies were sued over this, even when people acknowledged and agreed to the work because they were desperate. More corporate exploitation yet again.

EA - just one of the worst mother fucking companies I have ever worked for. I hate them with a passion.

News Comments > Valve to Release Dota 2 "As Fast As We Can"
1. Re: Valve to Release Dota 2 "As Fast As We Can" Sep 23, 2011, 09:37 Surf

No one cares, release HL31  

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Sighting?
11. Re: Dead Space 3 Sighting? Sep 21, 2011, 10:46 Surf

I agree zoom, but what I meant is that they could have made a real SS3 with all the RPG light elements rather than making an average shooter from the ground up.  

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Sighting?
9. Re: Dead Space 3 Sighting? Sep 21, 2011, 02:42 Surf

All that work for an inferior "new" IP when the exact same company owns System Shock.  

News Comments > Foldit Helps Unravel AIDS Mystery
8. Re: Foldit Helps Unravel AIDS Mystery Sep 19, 2011, 22:00 Surf

If we applied the same amount of excitement and enthusiasm that we do for professional sports and bit coining we could have solved the AIDS problem 5-7 years ago.

Put money at the end and people go nuts over it! Do it for free and people say fuck off.

Anyways, I have to go take care of my bitcoin farm...

News Comments > Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears
23. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 18, 2011, 12:39 Surf

Like I said earlier, bugs and exploits? The game has little, but the imbalance the snipers have is infuriating. All EA?Dice has to do is this:

"Lets see, what are the metrics of the classes and what does the public favor?:

Assault: 20%
Engineer: 15%
Medic: 15%
Sniper: 50%

HMMMMM, wonder if there is a problem here?"

Ya EA you dumb shits, the Sniper is over powered! God damn, and it has been since day one. Perfect aim, no bullet drop, no sway, NADA.

As yourself this. If Snipers were this effective in the real world, why didn't we just send 1000 snipers to Afghanistan and take the country over in 30 days with zero civilian causalities?

1350 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo