Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ginny

Real Name Ginny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 28, 2007, 23:33
Total Comments 127 (Novice)
User ID 45479

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Old School LucasArts Announcement Monday
11. Re: Old School LucasArts Announcement Monday Jul 4, 2009, 13:16 Ginny

HD gloss remake: Tie Fighter.

Isn't anything to do with any specific intellectual property

Here's hoping to a return to the X-wing series then

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EVE Bank Robbery
14. Re: EVE Bank Robbery Jul 3, 2009, 17:08 Ginny

EVE players have tried to win PvP battles by having the power to their enemies houses cut. In real life.

Don't forget about the silly sods that taken out loans to BUY in game titans:o

CCP are happy to have you throw real cash buying in game assets, you try and cash it the other way, you become an evil swine that unbalances the game ruining it for people;P

News Comments > StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Piracy
111. Re: SC2 LAN & Piracy Jun 30, 2009, 16:24 Ginny

Very suprised, quite astounded in truth, blizard making a bold move with what will alienate a core of their guaranteed audience.

While i understand the rational behind multiple installs doing the rounds costing them money, i think with such a solid IP that people will purchase, definately the EA aproach a'la sims 3 would have been the way to go.

In truth they wern't all that botherd about piaracy issues, more people were allways gona buy it anyhow, i feel the same with starcraft.

News Comments > Sean Cooper on Syndicate Plans
14. Re: Sean Cooper on Syndicate Plans Jun 26, 2009, 12:51 Ginny

Two little letters:

HD

Thats all, just tart synicate wars with decent graphics and flog it for 6 bucks on psn.

Face it, great game, looks piss poor whatever you run it on these days, small price with fresh graphicals, they will make a killing (pun intented)

News Comments > ARMA II Demo Nears
5. Re: ARMA II Demo Nears Jun 22, 2009, 13:26 Ginny

Heh, why bother testing it, aside from the obvious, chances of the demo shipping without bugs galore.. Zero:)

In saying that though, you're looking to take a punt on a new shooter, arma/2 has many plus points, it is the 'real' soldier sim.

Take it from a guy thats been there and done it for real, future tech advances for sure, it'll never be as real to the feel on a monitor as these guys have it locked down.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jun 12, 2009, 17:45 Ginny

Be honest now.

Would you realy trust some clinicaly addicted computer gamer that sits in one spot for 20+ hrs a day doing one thing and one thing only with their life for years on end?

\ofcourse you would, their liable to flip any minute.

(the above ofcourse being a prime example of the elite of eve-online)

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Confirmed
11. Re: Battlefield 3 Confirmed Jun 10, 2009, 17:10 Ginny

Sure hope they take on the project reality team.

Aside from the want list, posibly the best confirm it's coming since diablo 3.

screens and details purrrrlease.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 19, 2009, 01:13 Ginny

Id imagine so. What will hold most back (self including) is iracing's pricing policy though.

$19 a month, right now i don't want 'another' bill coming out each month.

Happy though that EA have let it finaly go, to figure out why, look to that interview a few months back where they said they made boat loads more cash from the kiddie nascar racing game they flung up on the console download networks, far exceeding what they made on nascar 09.

Ea for you, all about the money:)

News Comments > Goodbye from 3D Realms
50. Re: Goodbye from 3D Realms May 9, 2009, 19:30 Ginny

"the whole gaming world is going to try their best to find out what's been going on for the last 12 years."

We might be, but im sure the industry knows exactly where it's at.

3D realms, did we ever know them.

Memory maybe, lets face it though, hardly kept in touch have they, hard to hold a candle as to what went wrong when they ain't spelling it out.

News Comments > EVE Online Turns Six
20. Re: EVE Online Turns Six May 7, 2009, 16:30 Ginny

"Saying that CCP sells ISK is just silly"

Correct.

What they did do though was successfully con people in to becoming isk farmers on their behalf:)

Funnier still, the insecure halfwits that troll and spam their forum on a daily basis, totaly agree with ccp that isk farmers 'are evil' while buying those plex codes.

300k yeah right, ccp have lied about the numbers in the past, their doing it again, for every average 2-3k you see logged on at any given time of the day, at the peak of any content update;

CCP magicaly come up with 50k more players (cough)

News Comments > Empire Interactive Closing
6. Re: Empire Interactive Closing May 5, 2009, 16:25 Ginny

Shame.

Empire go waaay back, the 8bit era... i remember them going back 20 years atleast.

For me, ill remember them best for the get it right, when it's done aproach they handed to cunning developments with pro pinball timeshock.

Best of luck to the guys out of a job.

News Comments > EA Sports on PCs & Used Games
14. Re: EA Sports on PCs & Used Games Apr 30, 2009, 13:30 Ginny

Ea produce nhl/madden titles on par with the current generation of console titles for the pc, i WILL buy.

Allways used to, would do so again.

Ofc we know what he's realy talking about with digial distro, crap psn/xboxlive titles with naff all development costs that shift $5 or $10 in the blink of eye one after another like they do on the consoles.

His problem.. he doesn't have a stable oneshop platform on the pc that everybody is forced to go visit:o

News Comments > Age of Pirates 2 Announced
4. Re: Age of Pirates 2 Announced Apr 20, 2009, 16:56 Ginny

Sea dogs 2 was looking to be the db's for quite a while, the graphics engine they were using at the time was a fine looking thing.

Shame that never came around, sea dogs despite it's cult following was a rather rough diamond, number two promised to better many of it's wrongs.

For anyone intrested though for a teasser of what could have been, checkout bounty bay, voyage century, uses the engine that was destined to be SD2.

Still looks nice despite it's age.

Hope this one comes around half descent, well up for another pirates game

News Comments > Saturday Screenshots
2. Re: Saturday Screenshots Mar 21, 2009, 20:07 Ginny

every time, long time coming:

Sure hope they sort their s**t out and come with something soild.

The potential for a proper mass appeal space mmo is massive.

You make a progressive in space along the lines of a freelancer/wow clone, you got yourself 500k subs right on.

News Comments > No PC NHL 10
18. Full circle Mar 19, 2009, 00:42 Ginny

Funny realy, remember buying a pc when it became clear the lead development platform of the premier of ea's sports titles was the pc (around 97)

Ofcourse with that year on year for 4-5 years we saw massive improvments in graphical and gameplay terms, sad realy now that development is stuck in the console lifespan rut again.

don't get me wrong nhl 09 on the ps3 is absolutely fantastic, own and play it whenever i have the time, it's just you know that it's not going to look or play any different till we see the 'next gen' of consoles come about.

You only have to look at the new tiger 2010 screens, that ones stuck in the rut allready, and people are commenting on it. I miss the year on year better versions we saw around 97/8 - 2002 before the xbox/ps2 versions became the leads sending ea prime titles to 2nd rate on the pc.

One of the reasons in ea sports decline in pc sales for sure.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 15, 2009, 16:46 Ginny

Allways good to see pinball going well over the world, seen better days for sure.

out of interest, we do the same in the uk every year, im pimping it, but yeah the uk pinball show.

We had a great time last year.

[url=]http://www.ukpinballshow.co.uk/index.html[/url]

News Comments > EVE Online Retail Bonuses
19. Re: EVE Online Retail Bonuses Feb 7, 2009, 00:44 Ginny

You can sign up to the collected effort (faction) as an individual corp, just you and your buddy if you like, or join with others allready signed up.

Either way like the man says, it's a lot more casual style joining a militia corp, less serious win at all costs, thou must devote your body and soul ect...

There's still metagamming cheating going on, in other words if you did join a corp, chances be have it that a small number of that group will have mulitple accounts seated in the other sides camp, so going it alone with your bud might be better if you don't fancy an unfair virtual kick in the teeth every so often.

15. Re: EVE Online Retail Bonuses Feb 6, 2009, 17:34 Ginny

Nonetheless, there's a lot of freedom to do what you want. Just remember that all the good quality stuff comes from 0.0 areas on the map, and to get there and use those resources, you'll want to get in to a good corp/alliance.

I could tell you myself what bull that is, however this guy from the eve-o spells it out for what happens in 80% of all cases.

1. 0.0 is hard work, I already have job I don't need a second. I play EVE for fun.

2. 0.0 Alliance stuff is only worth it if you are the boss. (apologies to Alliance leaders who say it's hard work, I'm not doubting that it is but you chose your role).
Everyone else is an S.E.V. You do what they tell you to do, fly what they want you to fly, often at your own expense, (so your fail fit doesn't make the alliance Epeen shrink on CAOD or SHC). Run the plexes only when they tell you. Add in all mandatory gate camps, POS seiges, Bubble camps, dictors, Alarm clock ops, etc. and you basically are slave to Sov. If you don't like it go back to Empire. OK I did and with FW I'm having fun again.

3. Metagaming is not a social activity.
I understand the attraction but frankly I don't want any part of it. Hacking TS, crashing forums, all that "must do anything to win @ internet spaceships" out side of actually just playing the game is just sad imho.

4. Freedom
Its Ironic that 0.0, the player's high end heaven has less freedom than Empire. Oh sure there is no Concord and you dont have to worry about Sec status but outside that who cares? 0.0 is about "Go Big or go home". With Faction Warfare I can travel less than 5 or 10 jumps get pew pew, not worry about Sec hits, have fun with my friends AND enemies(who I actually get know and EGADS form relationships with even if they are adversarial).I can then Logoff and not have to worry about whether or not someone in State Protectorate is going to defect to the Goons, disband the alliance and lock me out of my stuff. I can make my money, (enough to satisfy my needs), buy whatever I want, I can even mine if I want to! As a matter of fact I can do most anything I want, when I want and how I want in Empire. Can I build Capships and Titans? Well no, but they are a hassle to use and maintain so I have no use for them. What about moon mining? Dysprosium is good I hear...no hassles with that amirite?

Quite frankly, in my experience there is far more social interaction in FW than there is in the metagaming madness that is 0.0. I can fight Guys like Val Erian, or Friedrich's FOOM without all the hate and animosity so common in 0.0 culture.

So CCP I ask you, please reconsider this attitude that 0.0 is the be all and end all of the game.

13. Re: EVE Online Retail Bonuses Feb 6, 2009, 15:45 Ginny

It's a shame ccp can't take the time to offer any kinda of bonus rewards to those that have been subscribing to their service aproaching 6 years.

The only reward the loyal customers are currently getting are nearly double subscription rates, due to the fact they insist on you palming them with the allmighty dollar.

News Comments > Battlefield 1943
40. Re: Battlefield 1943 Announced Feb 5, 2009, 16:00 Ginny

24 player max, whata step back in time, we were better than that 10 years ago.

Maan say it ain't so, gota be 64 min:(

For the love of god don't dump on us dice, we made you guys with the love of you're games.

127 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo