Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for LanikTnt

Real Name LanikTnt   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LanikTnt
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2007, 21:33
Total Comments 89 (Suspect)
User ID 45346

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warships Open Beta
7. Re: World of Warships Open Beta Jul 2, 2015, 11:57 LanikTnt

Armengar wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 11:08:
thing is, grinding 2500 games to get a tier X is a good thing. The number of poor players who shot up the tiers rather than learn the game shows. If people played the game properly and played the tiers with experience then it would be better for everyone.

I for one hope it does have a similar curve to WOT (for the record I have a single IS-7 at t10 and about 6k games. I have spent about 30 in the game and don't run premium)

I don't find WOT particularly grindy. sure if you WANT to rush then you will need to spend money, if you don't mind playing your garage then I find it is quite fine doing the "grindy" bits on x2 or x5 days.

Agree with all of this. I don't mind the grind because it is a skill-based multiplayer game and the grind is actually fun unlike a lot of MMOs. Its just like playing BF and getting new guns, scopes, etc.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > LEGO Minifigures Online Re-launches Next Week
3. Re: LEGO Minifigures Online Re-launches Next Week Jun 22, 2015, 10:18 LanikTnt

Lego Worlds is dead? I missed that bit of news  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 19, 2015, 15:50 LanikTnt

Wow $20 for an ipad app. That's crazy  

News Comments > Battlezone Return Plans
7. Re: Battlezone Return Plans Jun 16, 2015, 15:11 LanikTnt

Right there with you guys. I loved the hybrid RTS/action game.  

News Comments > LEGO Worlds Announced; Early Access Begins
13. Re: EGO Worlds Announced; Early Access Begins Jun 2, 2015, 09:14 LanikTnt

My kids play a lot of minecraft, saw this and wanted to try it. Given the family sharing, I just needed to buy one license so it's a pretty good deal.

Their machines which run minecraft well, run this well too. I expected to see some performance issues given that this is really an alpha but I didn't see any. Anyway, they enjoy it. The missing flying equipment is really as not a big a deal as the multiplayer component isn't there yet. It's pretty promising.

Although the console Travellers Tales games have been quite good, Lego doesn't have a good track record of online PC games. They have been duds in my book so it will be interesting to see if this one takes off.

News Comments > Warhammer 40K: Armageddon: Glory of Macrag Expansion
1. Re: Warhammer 40K: Armageddon: Glory of Macrag Expansion May 21, 2015, 17:44 LanikTnt

How is this game? I like that its turn based. Surprised based on the graphics that this is $40 tho.  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black May 15, 2015, 23:27 LanikTnt

You guys are so busy trying to look smart you're missing Matt Watkins hilarious response.  

News Comments > Telltale Marvel Game Plans
10. Re: Telltale Marvel Game Plans Apr 25, 2015, 08:52 LanikTnt

My hope is that every other word isn't the F word like it is in Wolf. Not a fan.  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced
20. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced Apr 23, 2015, 17:58 LanikTnt

I'm pretty positive I'm in the minority on this, but I really don't want a WH RTS game. I'd rather have a turn-based version that's a pretty faithful conversion of the miniatures game.

I like:
* Building an army under a certain number of points and having to decide my strategy before the battle ever starts
* Not getting new units and having to work with what I got
* Going through the different types of turns (move, attack, magic)
* Formations, flanking
* Using structures defensively (as opposed to something in my way)
* Gambling on distance to strike or retreat

Why can't they make a game like this?

News Comments > Reloaded Games Acquires Hawken
14. Re: Reloaded Games Acquires Hawken Mar 16, 2015, 17:47 LanikTnt

Loved Heavy Gear, both the minatures game and the computer game. Not sure why it thudded the way it did.  

News Comments > LEGO Jurassic World & Marvel's Avengers Announced
7. Re: LEGO Jurassic World & Marvel's Avengers Announced Jan 29, 2015, 15:35 LanikTnt

I can't put my finger on it, but enjoyed Batman 2 more than 3 or the Marvel game.  

News Comments > All Platform Battlefield Hardline Beta Coming
2. Re: All Platform Battlefield Hardline Beta Coming Jan 14, 2015, 14:42 LanikTnt

I have 180 degrees opposite view. The Hardline preview was terrible last year, would rather play Payday 2 any day of the week.  

News Comments > Lord British's First Game Free on GOG.com
6. Re: Lord British's First Game Free on GOG.com Dec 24, 2014, 14:53 LanikTnt

Timmeh wrote on Dec 24, 2014, 14:13:
If even one of you idiotic garbage spewing bluewsnews big mouthed no account trolls says even one negative thing about this game or this man, who has done more with his little finger than all of you tripes ever will in your whole life...

I am going to call Satanaclaus down on your sorry asses to deal digital justice.

What he said.

News Comments > EA/gamigo Deal
2. Re: EA/gamigo Deal Dec 11, 2014, 09:35 LanikTnt

Man, you guys really hate an optional inanimate software program that intends no harm to anyone.  

News Comments > More BF4 DLC Planned
12. Re: More BF4 DLC Planned Dec 10, 2014, 10:22 LanikTnt

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 09:35:
They release 20 maps, all different modes, some only certain modes, and people only end up playing 2. Sucks. And one of those 2 is usually a paid for DLC.

lame.

This. It's not the cost of the DLC that's the issue. It's how DLC splinters the user base, makes the MP experience more of a hassle and less ppl end up playing.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials - WoW at 7.4M
14. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials - WoW at 7.4M Nov 5, 2014, 11:19 LanikTnt

WoW has gotten a 2nd life in my house because the kids are now playing it. It shouldn't be, but years later, its still the best MMO.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Media
1. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Media Oct 23, 2014, 12:34 LanikTnt

I have been waiting a *long* time for a good turn-based GW PC game. Hope this one is great.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2014, 15:12 LanikTnt

I see what you did there Blue... Casting CONCH: Ghost in the SHELL.

*slow clap*

News Comments > Star Trek Online Expands
7. Re: Star Trek Online Expands Oct 18, 2014, 13:03 LanikTnt

I agree with a lot of the comments here. The surface missions are underwhelming, but the space combat is a lot of fun and worth a try.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 17, 2014, 15:44 LanikTnt

Really appreciate the Contact reference.

S.R. Hadden: First rule in government spending: why build one when you can have two at twice the price?

89 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo