Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Linksil

Real Name Linksil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Linksil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2007, 04:54
Total Comments 518 (Apprentice)
User ID 45333

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 24, 2014, 14:41 Linksil

Beamer wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 12:18:
Yup, and the way the PS3 handled backwards compatibility was putting a PS2 inside. That's really damn expensive. Would you rather a cheaper system or a backwards compatible one?

I'm split both ways on this. I'd love both options honestly, if I wanted to spend an extra $100 on a PS4 that can play PS3 games, i'd have glady done that and removed the PS3 from my shelf. Just don't make it the ONLY option for buying a PS4 and you keep people happy. Instead it's just cluttered with another system and I'm having to build a new shelf(not a bad thing just annoying).

I think we'll be seeing PS1/2 games on the PS4 before long as most of those are already emulated on PC.

Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Double XP Weekend
18. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 21, 2014, 23:33 Linksil

Axis: Okay this is a gaming news site. Those are all gaming news stories. How are they worthless news? Fix listing, announcements, and addresses to game issues. I mean if this wasn't news for a game, then you would have to remove about 75-90% of the content on the site. What do you consider to be news and not news about games?  

News Comments > Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near
24. Re: Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near Mar 21, 2014, 14:24 Linksil

Krovven wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 12:22:
Linksil wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 11:16:
You can't unlock the mystic to mod equipment until you've played through act5 once.

Not accurate. She becomes available during Act 5.

My bad with that... assumed people would understand it's not the whole act you have to play but the act itself(like the BS and Jewel). Either way you need to play into Act5 to unlock.

News Comments > Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near
11. Re: Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near Mar 21, 2014, 11:16 Linksil

For LgFriess:

You can do everything in act 1-4 only and get lvl 60 from playing through without the exp. Problem you run into is that the exp isn't just 61-70 it's Act5. IE if you want the story to continue beyond the killing of Diablo3 in a natural progression you'll want the exp come tuesday. I haven't done a new character, but most people were saying that one play through of Act 1-4 got you around lvl 50 without repeating levels/turning up diff. So you'll have to play through it again or just repeat quests from 50-60 where as having act5 will let you keep exploring new levels while leveling up.

You can't unlock the mystic to mod equipment until you've played through act5 once.

News Comments > Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses
18. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 12:54 Linksil

Most of the comments here summed it up pretty good for both sides. What the people saying D1/2 had offline why can't D3 have it. Is because D3 wasn't designed for offline or single player. It was designed for a coop arpg loot hunt. Yes the drop rates were very wrong, yes the AH love or hate changed the way people thought about the game. But D1/2 were designed as a single player exp first with multiplayer added. D3 was the other way around. Games change, if you like it or not that's just a fact and you have to live with it(read as buy or not buy the game).

Don't compare simcity because there a difference in a game were you make your own town and were you run around in a group killing things. IF simcity did something like you and your online friends designed the town together, then maybe... but it's not. The online is just so you can look at each other towns and try to do trading. The offline mode for D3 doesn't bother me, it's all the bitching and whining that people are still doing about it and not even realizing that there's a difference. Oh yea consoles have an offline mode, but they had to totally revamp majors systems in the game and still want you playing 2-4 player coop instead of single player during it.

Funny thing is D3 did GREAT with having online only.

News Comments > Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses
6. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 09:59 Linksil

deqer wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 09:36:
because your items are being saved online, in this online-only single-player game.

Only way to have a real HC character is by making it online only. Otherwise people will just backup the data off their computer and find a way to restore it like every other game in the past. Also it's not a single player game, we've gone over this too many times for people that are still bitter to even bother.

News Comments > SimCity Patch Adds Offline Play
4. Re: SimCity Patch Adds Offline Play Mar 18, 2014, 14:45 Linksil

nin wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 14:11:
This is today's second example of the voice of the gamers overcoming corporate missteps

Woot!

Not really sure if you can compare the AH to simcity's online only. At least D3 worked with the AH around. I think removing it was more part of damage control over their loot system being so screwy to start with. With simcity it just wasn't playable for a lot of people.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Closed
9. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 10:57 Linksil

nin wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 10:47:
Desalus wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 10:43:
With patch 2.0 and the AH gone, the game is actually worth playing now.

Totally agree with that. Loot 2.0 has made the game a lot more enjoyable for me. Pretty much every 60-90 minutes it's Orange Time, and it's fucking awesome. All kinds of neat stuff I never saw in the first month, and never thought I'd get a shot at...

Toss in Adventure mode with the expansion and I'm actually excited to play D3.

The only funny thing I find about this is that even before loot 2.0; I was finding a Legendary every 60-90 mins. The only difference is that if it wasn't an upgrade(which was the problem) I could sell it. Now it's just a brimstone(BOA set to the class i'm playing) as it's not even worth the gold sell, as golds useless. In the exp you'll need 61-70 legendary's for crafting higher end stuff, but I feel with the sad state of crafting in all ARPG games it won't last.

News Comments > Titanfall Optimization Tips
4. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 14:59 Linksil

Scottyl42 wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 12:57:
Rumor on Twitter is that the sales numbers are disappointing? I'm not sure. I didnt like the beta but I had hoped it sold well.

Also since they didn't have the 360 ready for launch, I know they are still missing a huge part of their expected markets.

News Comments > More Elder Scroll Online Invites
13. Re: More Elder Scroll Online Invites Mar 11, 2014, 23:10 Linksil

mlw wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 21:28:
I've played in quite a few of the betas. I have enjoyed all of the starter islands for all 3 alliances, there is a lot of variety to the zones. I do understand some of the criticisms of the starter areas for 2 alliances which were basically split in two. But, Aldmeri Dominion started on a large island with many many quests.

And now, you bypass the starter islands completely and begin in the huge alliance home city in a huge zone. You can travel to starter islands and do the quests also. I hadn't read about the FOV slider, but that would make a good improvement to the first person experience.

The quests have stories associated with them. No run here and kill 10 mobs. You find quests by exploring. The many ways to build your character are huge. I enjoy the fighting.

Now. That MMO with quest towns with npc's with ! on their heads. Run here kill 10 mobs, run there kill 20 mobs, run here kill 10 mobs. Then back to more ! heads. Never read useless boring text quest info. Now THAT is boring!

I was about to say that the "story" with the quests was/is the exact same that we've gotten for YEARS from MMO's. Heck I found it same/as boring as that other huge MMO that's been around years. It's the same quests just remove the rose tinted glasses. Not sure what ESO beta you were playing but it sounds like a totally different game then the one I got to try.

News Comments > Titanfall Reviews
44. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 01:26 Linksil

Creston wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 01:23:
Cabezone wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 01:17:
Also..microsofts shitty game servers are fucking dying over the launch load.

I edited my original post, it seems it's actually being hosted on EA servers. So big surprise that they don't fucking work.

Funny thing was when the beta servers were shitting all over themselves... it was EA saying MS servers were the problem and that MS was hosting all the match matching/authentication.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 10, 2014, 19:43 Linksil

Yosemite Sam wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 14:36:
Ya I'm pretty sure the babelfish was where I packed it in too.

I remember I made it to the ship and couldn't figure out the door for the life of me.

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2014, 16:48 Linksil

The BoA gear came to be because they don't want people trading. They want people to be forced into self found and because they believe the only thing "FUN" about Diablo games is FINDING the upgrade yourself. Also with removal of the AH they don't want people jumping all over the 3rd party sites so this is another way to remove that. Hell look at the high gold costs for end game stuffs, yet you can't even trade gold.  

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2014, 14:24 Linksil

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 14:10:
Wizard being the best at farming bar-none is a balance issue, not a loot system issue.

It's not the best farmer, so much as people are liking the easier play style a lot more. Hell all the ranged classes are better now until melee gear gets up there. If you look at top geared people before the patch you'll see them still using those characters, but with lower gear stats ranged will always come out on top.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
32. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 2, 2014, 20:15 Linksil

mag wrote on Mar 2, 2014, 19:51:
the rules aren't consistent. Sometimes you can walk off ledges, sometimes you can't. Sometimes you can jump across a gap, sometimes you can't.

This is pretty unforgivable for me, and represents the worst part of any context-sensitive cover system or press-A-to-do-cool-stuff system. I can never get used to a game that seems to have completely arbitrary rules for how your character interacts with the environment.

This and that fact that you have to swoop into get every piece of loot. I've never had a problem with motion sickness in a game before, but I'm pretty sure my headaches after playing a few hours (can't get through more then that even if I want to) are from the framing/movement of the game. Resolution switches mid game do not help either. Also I really didn't get the whole reviewers grip about windows shutting behind you, until I played it and realized I had to go through a 25 second QTE because I just went through it and realized I went the wrong way or missed something. Opening a door/window should expand your world, not make it closed/more annoying.

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Next Month?
9. Re: Dark Souls II PC Next Month? Mar 1, 2014, 17:05 Linksil

Overon: Or they have been paid for XXX months console exclusive. Which happens way too much.  

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Next Month?
3. Re: Dark Souls II PC Next Month? Mar 1, 2014, 13:48 Linksil

PHJF wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 11:53:
They need extra time to make sure it is somehow even worse a port than Dark Souls.

I thought they said somewhere that they were deving for PC first and then porting to consoles to try to not make that mistake again.

News Comments > State of Decay DLC Plans
1. Re: State of Decay DLC Plans Feb 28, 2014, 09:29 Linksil

I had been wondering if any of the new wave zombie games were going to try this approach. Something were you play as the military trying to contain/fix/cure the outbreak before it spreads in the early stages might make a very interesting game. Will be interested to see what they come up with as I'm still liking state of decays base game.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Adds New Loot & Paragon Systems
4. Re: Diablo III Patch Adds New Loot & Paragon Systems Feb 25, 2014, 18:58 Linksil

If the servers ever come back up... If you never played it would be an okay time to start. I'd honestly say wait until the exp pack launches so you can just go through the whole content at once, if your looking to get into it now.  

News Comments > Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending
8. Re: Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending Feb 24, 2014, 23:14 Linksil

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 22:08:
Semi-random question (since I've never played the game): If you are a non-auction house level 60, level 50+ paragon character, how much gold are you likely to have? Millions? Was amused by the stories of the auction bugs leading to some people getting billions, but never had an idea how much a normal high level character would have.

I have 24mil picked up(doesn't include sold items, but they really don't sell for much) from leveling 5 characters to 60, most para 20-30. I also used to do gold runs on my DH with maxed out gold find set way back that would give you 600k-750k an hour. Normal character leveling one up i'd say 5mil max.

518 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo