Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Linksil

Real Name Linksil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Linksil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2007, 04:54
Total Comments 535 (Apprentice)
User ID 45333

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Free Natural Selection 2 Map
3. Re: Free Natural Selection 2 Map May 2, 2014, 13:18 Linksil

nimski wrote on May 2, 2014, 10:27:
They've made some impressive improvements to the game engine but does anyone know if they've addressed the balance problems?

Balance is a tricky issue to put a finger on. I mean on the right player amounts, the balance seems spot on. But a lot of servers run bigger teams so they can feel really off. Also comms make such a huge difference. Either way, it's still very enjoyable to jump into a server and play a few rounds every weekend.

Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 30, 2014, 11:59 Linksil

Pigeon wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 08:58:
So they'll let you dim the light bar, but not let you turn it off? I swear some companies get so stubborn over the dumbest things. It'd probably some dumb plot to sell more recharging cradles. Still most of the updates look pretty good.

This is a complaint I really don't get. Even playing games that seem to need to be played in a darker room(infamous on dusk levels), I've never had a problem with the light bar. Hell I don't even notice that it's on 90% of the time and if it does change color it's totally lost. Twitch streams being higher quality is a good thing, but I have a feeling we won't get enough configure options to make it work right for the people with slower connections. I'd still like them to fix things like being able to use it as a media server and being able to play other types of files first.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Season Pass Details
15. Re: Watch Dogs Season Pass Details Apr 29, 2014, 15:18 Linksil

Dirwulf wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 14:32:
Well that certainly makes waiting easier for the GOTY or Platinum or Diamond or whatever they are going to name it this time, to come out.

I had been thinking about picking this up on launch... but that is a lot better idea. I know they need money all the time instead of just when a game is finished. But DLC is getting kinda tiring. Also with so many games coming out, it's hard to play through it a second/third time just for some DLC.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $43 Million
25. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 29, 2014, 11:20 Linksil

{PH}88fingers wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 11:13:
Jamil20 wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 10:59:
I'm not going to look up anything Asian MMO related at work. Can you travel the whole world without loading screens? I seriously doubt it.

Well I'm not that far in (only level 10) and I have never run into a loading screen, running through all the starting from zone to zone.
You can check out people streaming it on Twitch and they seem to be running around on horses from zone to zone with no loading screens.

I've been watching a few twitch streams on this. The only loading you get is when you instant teleport to another place. This game seems to be the MMO we've been promised for years with houses and crafting, but hard to say how well it works endgame and with the F2P model.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2014, 12:31 Linksil

Jivaro wrote on Apr 27, 2014, 10:28:
That skydiving video of the plane crash is pretty tense. Sucks the pilot didn't make it out.

Says in the video comments that it appears the pilot got out and only received minor injury's.

News Comments > ArcheAge Founder's Packs
7. Re: ArcheAge Founder's Packs Apr 25, 2014, 12:51 Linksil

Remember when company's let us Beta test their games for free? Or even paid us to beta test them? I was watching some streams of this game and it looked like it would fill my crafting needs for a bit... then I started looking into it and it seems like they want to just destroy it.  

News Comments > WildStar Devs on Warplots
4. Re: WildStar Devs on Warplots Apr 24, 2014, 02:53 Linksil

Vanilla WoW melted the servers when World PvP was first put in. Hell even when battlegrounds were put in, servers still melted. It was a wonderful time.  

News Comments > GeForce Beta Drivers
8. Re: GeForce Beta Drivers Apr 7, 2014, 14:13 Linksil

Iggy wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 13:52:
The other thing if you have noticed is that the release notes and Control Panel PDF are still referencing the WHQL drivers and not the Beta drivers. Could have been an over site on their part or just trying to avoid it for now

They always do this because beta is beta, just like how you have to change the settings on their tool if you want it to look for beta drivers instead of just WHQL.

News Comments > GeForce Beta Drivers
5. Re: GeForce Beta Drivers Apr 7, 2014, 13:09 Linksil

I know there was an article a while back saying that the increases were measured off the launch drivers for games. So 10% one month and 15% the next was really 15% overall, not 20-25%. I can't remember where it's from but it makes a lot more sense of the numbers until they release where they come from. Sadly I don't think we'll ever see the source of the numbers in today's market.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 27, 2014, 14:34 Linksil

Creston wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 12:42:
They want to sell the unit for cost? Uh-oh... so what are they going to shove in there to make money for them?

I think they were going to sell it at a loss before to make sure it's cheap enough to get an install base. Kinda want consoles did the last few times at launch.

News Comments > $100 Wolfenstein: The New Order CE Has Statue, No Game
9. Re: $100 Wolfenstein: The New Order CE Has Statue, No Game Mar 26, 2014, 21:59 Linksil

Sadly I think this is a good idea. Now collectors editions extra price all depends on what's extra, but I know i'd have gotten a few online games digitally if I knew that I would be able to pick up the collectors edition items separately. I'm looking at you blizzard art books/usb sticks.  

News Comments > 3D Realms Responds to Duke Nukem Lawsuit
7. Re: 3D Realms Responds to Duke Nukem Lawsuit Mar 26, 2014, 21:55 Linksil

So basiclly they're saying that gearbox forced you to go into bankruptcy and sell off your things really really cheap? Oh and you didn't sell the IP you sold the GAME about that IP?

Wow, sadly this is going to get settled out of court so we'll never know what really happened.

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 26, 2014, 14:35 Linksil

I think people confuse the PS2 remakes on ps3 with emulation sometimes. Either way PS2 emulation is already done really well on PC hardware, so they shouldn't have too much a issue besides money grabbing.  

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 26, 2014, 11:56 Linksil

The only thing they need to make sure is that it is an emulator. So we can just stick our old disks into the PS4 OR buy it off PSN. There's a LOT of games(see rpgs) that have not shown up on PSN yet.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details
6. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details Mar 26, 2014, 09:36 Linksil

Voting with money on this one and i'm voting F2P. Beta wasn't even close to quality of a lot of other F2P games that came/coming out this year. This just felt like another RIFTS/LOTR with worse game systems. They have been improving it and i'll give the team that... but being pushed out the doors way too early. Console sales will really decide this one, and I think it will be harder to go F2P with them around.  

News Comments > PC Battlefield 4 Naval Strike Delayed
5. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Naval Strike Delayed Mar 25, 2014, 11:18 Linksil

I always love how it's this sever issue, but they're not going to announce the delay until the day of release. I get it you don't want more bad press so you work until the last min hoping to fix it... but still you can at least tell us WHAT the problem is. Acting like the PC players have no idea of what goes into game dev/fixing still after all these years is a huge joke.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode Two
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode Two Mar 25, 2014, 11:13 Linksil

For some reason I was thinking this was already out. I hope it's a fitting sendoff for Irrational.  

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 24, 2014, 14:41 Linksil

Beamer wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 12:18:
Yup, and the way the PS3 handled backwards compatibility was putting a PS2 inside. That's really damn expensive. Would you rather a cheaper system or a backwards compatible one?

I'm split both ways on this. I'd love both options honestly, if I wanted to spend an extra $100 on a PS4 that can play PS3 games, i'd have glady done that and removed the PS3 from my shelf. Just don't make it the ONLY option for buying a PS4 and you keep people happy. Instead it's just cluttered with another system and I'm having to build a new shelf(not a bad thing just annoying).

I think we'll be seeing PS1/2 games on the PS4 before long as most of those are already emulated on PC.

News Comments > Diablo III Double XP Weekend
18. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 21, 2014, 23:33 Linksil

Axis: Okay this is a gaming news site. Those are all gaming news stories. How are they worthless news? Fix listing, announcements, and addresses to game issues. I mean if this wasn't news for a game, then you would have to remove about 75-90% of the content on the site. What do you consider to be news and not news about games?  

News Comments > Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near
24. Re: Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near Mar 21, 2014, 14:24 Linksil

Krovven wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 12:22:
Linksil wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 11:16:
You can't unlock the mystic to mod equipment until you've played through act5 once.

Not accurate. She becomes available during Act 5.

My bad with that... assumed people would understand it's not the whole act you have to play but the act itself(like the BS and Jewel). Either way you need to play into Act5 to unlock.

535 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo