Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Linksil

Real Name Linksil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Linksil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2007, 04:54
Total Comments 468 (Amateur)
User ID 45333

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > X3: Albion Prelude Announced
9. Re: X3: Albion Prelude Announced Dec 8, 2011, 00:31 Linksil

I got stuck on X3 a while back... just earning money and building up a trading fleet. Never moved the storyline on. *sigh* more time sinks ^_^;;  
Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Arkham City Patched
15. Re: Arkham City Patched Dec 7, 2011, 14:05 Linksil

I'm still waiting a bit before getting this. Too many other games taking up too much time, plus better to wait for the whole dx11 to get sorted out.  

News Comments > Saints Row: The Third Stats Page Live
2. Re: Saints Row: The Third Stats Page Live Dec 1, 2011, 01:17 Linksil

Agreed, Best money I spent on a game in a while. Esp since I got it for 30$. There's other games I was playing at the same time... but kept coming back to this one. Also passed the GF test, were i'm playing it and she walks in and just stands behind me watching because it's so amusing.  

News Comments > Skyrim Soars
72. Re: Skyrim Soars Nov 13, 2011, 11:32 Linksil

You can't change it without modding, there's no menu option. You can change the binds, dosn't fix the problem. Then it's even worse because you left click for left hand outside of menus and right click for left hand inside. I think it comes down to not being able to put a shield into the right hand. Which seems hard coded into the game.

StingingVelvet: I guess people dont understand complaining vs typing out problems and hoping some one on the forums has a solution for it. It worked on the Fav hot key thing, and people did try to point out a way around it though which is more helpful then some people on here.

67. Re: Skyrim Soars Nov 12, 2011, 23:01 Linksil

Honestly I didn't look into the menu's that much, Having to use the keyboard to navigate some menu's and the mouse to do other turned me off from trying to search through for different options. Was also having too much fun playing the game to play with the menus.

I don't mind the STA, END, INT and limited stats... it's the putting the points into perks(I used the wrong word before) that's annoying. Knowing you have a limit to them vs giving you a huge array and not telling you anything was just annoying.

Maybe it's because I have not played the other elder scrolls games, but having the right hand bound to left mouse button just makes no sense. I mean it's purely a graphical thing, but when you have two big things readied on screen it seems to me most people will click the left button to activate the left object on screen. Best example is I have a giant shield out in my left hand so i'm trying to click a new sword I'll hit the right button because it should go on the right side of the screen, not replace the left item. I think the reason they have it that way is like you said about a primary button for use, but then it comes down to them discriminating vs left handed people. Guess i'll dig into the menus.

Still vastly enjoying the game vs others of simular fair.

44. Re: Skyrim Soars Nov 12, 2011, 11:28 Linksil

Having not followed the game that much before release, I do find the lack of in game help a little high. I keep having to make choices, but when i'm faced with them i'm like I have no clue how this will effect it in the longer run.

Choosing where to put the skill point is probably the best example. All you get it a box saying "Choose a place to put the point, you'll get one every level" But there's no hint at max levels. On here someone said your max is 70, which already makes me regret spreading out my first 3 points to try out different things. On a system that's so "use it to get better" limited points is a total counter to it.

Other then that the games enjoyable enough you can play through the menu system very fast once you get used to it. The WORST thing about the menu's is Right click puts things in your left hand and Left click puts things in your right. Try to tell me the reason for that.

News Comments > Saints Row: The Third Steam Preloads
2. Re: Saints Row: The Third Steam Preloads Nov 12, 2011, 03:45 Linksil

Ill know on tuesday...  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Celeb Trailer
1. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Celeb Trailer Nov 6, 2011, 14:54 Linksil

Being really amused by the live action video game commercials of late.  

News Comments > Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy
27. Re: Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy Nov 6, 2011, 01:34 Linksil

I just had to order this game... didn't know much about it, but it looks like a blast after watching a few videos. Can't beat 30$.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Nov 3, 2011, 15:43 Linksil

Looks better. NS2 seems to go to show that you can still have pretty maps while maintaining a nice play balance.  

News Comments > Lineage II Going Free-to-Play
5. Re: Lineage II Going Free-to-Play Nov 2, 2011, 01:49 Linksil

All I remember of this game was all my friends that used to play it moved to private servers to speed up the leveling to a descent rate.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 PC Checklist
2. Re: oh yeah.... Oct 24, 2011, 23:47 Linksil

Yea moved up to 9pm for west coast!

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Reviews
68. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 19:26 Linksil

God they need to realize that a ton of places just started releasing it early and unlock origins. I hate having to wait for midnight to play a game that's on my computer.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Reviews
4. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 10:31 Linksil

Maybe they put out the beta release for reviewers since we got the broken demo?

God another game told through flashbacks, I am getting tired of this.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Community Town Hall Summit
26. Re: Battlefield 3 Community Town Hall Summit Oct 24, 2011, 00:31 Linksil

I think people are looking at it as a Origin exclusive because it requires it to run. You might be able to buy it from any place, but you are stuck running a DRM/companys program in the background to run it. Just like a lot of people think of games with steamworks required as being a steam game or exclusive. Basicly you can't play without it thus it's excluding every other way.  

News Comments > CCP Layoffs
6. Re: CCP Layoffs Oct 19, 2011, 23:45 Linksil

Sugarman i'm in the same boat. Can't stand controller for fps.  

News Comments > Hunt The THING Revealed
46. Re: Hunt The THING Revealed Oct 13, 2011, 16:22 Linksil

I kinda wished they'ed done a movie that did what the xbox game did. Set following the movie with a rescue team. I know it was more action then suspense, but that game was really good.  

News Comments > Hunt The THING Revealed
6. Re: Hunt The THING Revealed Oct 13, 2011, 10:51 Linksil

How do you have a movie length MMO? Nothing about this makes sense except that it's F2P because once you finish the game I guess griefing is the only thing left.  

News Comments > BF3 Caspian Border Testing; Open Beta Issues
3. Re: BF3 Caspian Border Testing; Open Beta Issues Oct 7, 2011, 11:00 Linksil

So this is now a DEMO since there will be no updates to the beta anymore? I do like the few server side patches, but tired of the whole "It's fixed in retail we promise."

Sadly i'm still loving the game even with all the crap. Any word on character resets when it goes live?

News Comments > Planned Battlefield 3 Changes
31. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Oct 1, 2011, 23:52 Linksil

You gotta remember that Rush is just 1 part of many in the BF name. I'd have liked it if they did a rush map with vehicles, but at the same time i'm love the inf only one.  

468 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo