Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Linksil

Real Name Linksil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Linksil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2007, 04:54
Total Comments 526 (Apprentice)
User ID 45333

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced
5. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 12:56 Linksil

I might not like the idea of DLC (every now and then it's done right) But I really don't like the idea of season pass's... and it seems like everyone is doing it now.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Super Bowl Feb 3, 2013, 23:04 Linksil

I'm sorry, but the ref calls just seemed off. I just was looking for a close game (which it did end in). But the start and end seemed like the ravens were given a lot more slack with what they considered acceptable coverage/pushing/holding.  

News Comments > Something From Rebellion Next Month
10. Re: Something From Rebellion Next Month Jan 29, 2013, 12:35 Linksil

Now if it's a game release i'd be excited... if it's a preview for a preview for a glimpse of a game coming out latter, let's move on. Need more people to just focus on their games and release when it's done.  

News Comments > Dead Island Riptide Trailer
7. Re: Dead Island Riptide Trailer Jan 25, 2013, 02:19 Linksil

"pre-alpha" with 3 months from release.... normally your in end of beta with last min bug fix's.  

News Comments > Chivalry - Medieval Warfare Free Weekend; Sale
3. Re: Chivalry - Medieval Warfare Free Weekend; Sale Jan 24, 2013, 22:36 Linksil

I've had this installed and on my "find time to play" list for a while. Guess this weekends a good time as any. I'm glad I didn't get sucked into Ni No Kuni yet.  

News Comments > Age of Conan Expands
6. Re: Age of Conan Expands Jan 15, 2013, 15:06 Linksil

First 20 levels were the best I have ever had in an MMO. The starting island was just wonderful. After you get out into the world it went downhill faster then I ever thought possible. Haven't gone back in years. I'd still recommend doing it free just for the starting.  

News Comments > Crysis 3 Trailer
25. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 24, 2012, 13:05 Linksil

I think they're shoehorned(is that the right term?) into the gameplay. Kinda like they wanted to do a trilogy, but once you've done the first two you really don't want to change anything just finish it and move on.

I'd love the idea of a dino romp or hunting game in the engine, seems like there is a lot more you can do with the engine just gotta go outside the box.

News Comments > Asheron's Call 2 Returns
7. Re: Asheron's Call 2 Returns Dec 14, 2012, 12:01 Linksil

Maybe it's because it's been so long since I played it. But I remember having good times in AC2. Remember when I logged off one day then came back in and the whole forest and town was cleared because a dragon or something decided to go on a rampage. Was thinking: man this is what all mmo's need to do. Still don't have any mmo with the updates/world changing as the AC 1/2 ones. WoW with phasing is kinda like it, but not the same.  

News Comments > Goodbye Deponia Announced
2. Re: Goodbye Deponia Announced Dec 10, 2012, 20:34 Linksil

Loving this series...  

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Released; Patched
17. Re: Far Cry 3 Released; Patched Dec 5, 2012, 00:37 Linksil

Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 4, 2012, 23:40:
LazyCat wrote on Dec 4, 2012, 22:35:
Horribly buggy, about what you would expect from ubisoft.
Second mission in, you cant even get out of the jeep. You are just stuck there.

Press "E".

You can't just press E because he most likely rebound the keys from a WASD to the superior ESDF or something else. I love how I rebind all the keys and then when I get in a glider it goes back to the default instead of the bound vech controls. Yea for only being able to turn right. Other then rebinding I don't see anything wrong with the port.

News Comments > Black Ops II's $500MM Launch
13. Re: Black Ops II's $500MM Launch Nov 16, 2012, 12:07 Linksil

Best summery of why this sells well is included in Totalbiscuits MP review of the game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNLbJKs1jmI&feature=plcp

He pretty much hit it dead on why people play it so much compared to other FPS games. Even on computer.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80
39. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 FOV Capped at 80 Nov 6, 2012, 09:55 Linksil

I don't think it's QQing when those things stop a game from selling or being fun. God forbid the reviewers down rate the game and affect the Meta score(and thus his bonus). They learned a LONG time ago when they made the first FPS games what's expected... too bad they forgot most of it.

I'm pretty sure the entire engines was rewritten for BO. I remember reading about how they had to make their own because the other COD studios wouldn't share. Yet they were expected to keep the same "look/style".

News Comments > CoH2, Metro Last Light, and South Park Game Delayed
2. Re: CoH2, Metro Last Light, and South Park Game Delayed Nov 5, 2012, 20:35 Linksil

Add the south park game to this. It's looking really good.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Chaos on Deponia
1. Re: Gone Gold - Chaos on Deponia Nov 2, 2012, 01:27 Linksil

I really liked the first game, and I don't tend to like point and clicks.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 11:29 Linksil

Yea I think the east coast got lucky on this one. With the two storms merging, this could have gone a lot worse.

Hope everyone is safe and warm.

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Early
15. Re: Natural Selection 2 Early Oct 30, 2012, 11:13 Linksil

I'm pretty sure the dev team isn't going to put combat mode in again. The games totally open so I remember them saying that a modder can make the mode if they want, but they're going to focus on the core game. Here's hoping for another 10 years for Unknown Worlds.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Adding Map for Next Week's Launch
9. Re: Natural Selection 2 Adding Map for Next Week's Launch Oct 26, 2012, 21:03 Linksil

Sooo excited for this one...  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 20, 2012, 23:04 Linksil

I'm REALLY digging the live action web series they're running up to launch. Halo 4 forward unto dawn. First three eps are out on youtube... 15 mins each.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dishonored
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dishonored Oct 10, 2012, 03:25 Linksil

Yes if thief 4 came out Dishonored would still be popular. Might even be more so depending on how well Thief goes.

I started the game around.... 2pm... it's 12:20am... I didn't finish and i'm having to force myself to stop since I work tomarrow. *sigh* I even stopped exploring 100% of the levels since I knew i'd be going back a second time.(which dosn't happen offen for me with none RPGS) Storyline has some nice twists in it too keep it going too. character comments change based on how you kill/not kill things.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dishonored
2. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Sep 29, 2012, 12:34 Linksil

Didn't need to read announcement... But I really liked the game play vids for this one from the shows.  

526 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo