Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Linksil

Real Name Linksil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Linksil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2007, 04:54
Total Comments 526 (Apprentice)
User ID 45333

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed?
2. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed? May 28, 2013, 19:37 Linksil

IF this is true... i'd love to see what they scrapped. I know it will never happen unless I got a job at blizzard, but still would be interesting to see what they didn't like.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Destiny Talk
17. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 14:27 Linksil

Parias- For me personally I know that I have a insanely(see impossible) time aiming with the controller in fps, sometimes it leads over into 3rd person too. I'm sure if I spent a few dozen-100's of hours working on it I can retrain my brain. But I'd rather not for such a limited experience. A lot of it comes to how consoles will throw you out of scope or shake the screen all over the place when your hit and compensating for that is crazy vs the years of keyboard and mouse. For a lot of us the frustration is just not worth it.

The reason for the sales of FPS on console is not because of the game, it's because they focus and market it the most on one system. Also kids are more likely to get a 300$ console vs a $1k+ computer. They made a choice and forced the market onto the controllers and don't want to change it. Look at all the tournaments for COD. They market all these prizes and such and then Oppps xbox only!

Personally I don't see why I can't just plug my keyboard and mouse into the console and enjoy it the way I want to. Oh wait both Sony and MS said they can't do that because it would give a huge advantage to K/M players.

News Comments > PC Destiny Talk
4. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 11:20 Linksil

I love all the bungie games, but not having a PC port moves it from a day 1 purchase to sometime when the games less then $20.(Just like the all the halo games) Just can't do FPS on console controller, I'll struggle through it for the single player... but multi no way too slow and clunky for me after years of PC FPS.  

News Comments > Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn in August
5. Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn in August May 23, 2013, 23:42 Linksil

I want to play it. But there is no way i'm throwing over a monthly fee after what happened with the first launch. One of the few games I with was FTP.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2013, 15:55 Linksil

Okay, IM3 was way better then IM2. Second Star Trek felt like they were just rehashing the first movie over again (Characters all making the same mistakes) and the twists that weren't even really twists. Now I enjoyed both movies... I wasn't expecting either to be this groundbreaking make you think movie. They both played their parts and did it well. I think part of this is trying to recreate the second ST movie in reboot form without remembering there's a whole TV series of background they keep forgetting about.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
20. Re: Game Reviews May 19, 2013, 12:02 Linksil

Blue wrote on May 19, 2013, 09:52:
No. I don't have a TM on the name or anything, but I'm not sure why someone wouldchoose to do that.

I think if Blue tried to copyright the name you'd see a lot of lawyers get involved from the blue man group alone, let alone other people. I don't think you should be able to copyright any name personally. I love telling people after that prerecorded message about using your call in a training call that they need to contact me before that because my voice is copyrighted and they'll need to pay me to use it.

News Comments > Square Enix's "Extraordinary" Losses
5. Re: Square Enix's May 13, 2013, 10:29 Linksil

That's what I want to know. When you gain 15% each year(which means it was more then the 15% the year before) How do you get a loss AND call in a efford to combat "Falling revenues" I guess you can just project games to sell higher and hope. I think a lot of company's need to just get their heads out of their asses and realize not every game will sale cod numbers.  

News Comments > Defiance DLC Plans
5. Re: Defiance DLC Plans May 10, 2013, 09:55 Linksil

I didn't mean just this game... but yea I was told a few places and saw it on promo material that there was going to be a monthly fee. If not okay, sell an expansion pack and be done with it. I think i'm just tired of nickel and dimeing DLC. The whole point of this games hype was you would play along and get updates with the show. Not pay for updates.  

News Comments > Saints Row IV Gameplay Video
21. Re: More Big Picture Details May 9, 2013, 22:48 Linksil

SR3 was one of those games i'd be playing and then look around and see the GF sitting there watching because it's just so funny. She hates those types of games, but SR3 got me and her hooked. Over the top action movie is a great way to put it.  

News Comments > Defiance DLC Plans
1. Re: Defiance DLC Plans May 9, 2013, 22:40 Linksil

It's a MMORPG. You don't do DLC. You do game UPDATES for FREE. Esp if your running a monthly fee.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Announced
10. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Announced May 7, 2013, 11:05 Linksil

At least they didn't use a live action trailer. Okay wait... WHY is BJ in Europe if the nazis have won and the US is in flames? Normally I'd think the American hero starting a counter-offensive would start in his home land... Maybe he's just going after the factory's that make the killing machines. It will be interesting to see if they can pull off a modern Wolf game.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses
66. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 4, 2013, 00:50 Linksil

Yea, showing awesome demo's and then trailers(that are cut to not show any comparison scenes) to get people to buy the game is a bait and switch. Sadly it's not only in this game... HELL Beta's are no longer that but actually game demo's now. They just use the word beta to write off any complaints/errors.

If you have to patch 4 gigs worth of textures of a game I'd say you have a problem with your release and it wasn't finished. I'd go so far as to say ANY game with a day/week one patch needs to fall under this. There's no other way for us to stand up to keeping quality in games instead we've encouraged company's to cut corners, release early, and patch sometime latter/maybe if at all because they already have our money. There needs to be a way to punish company's for releasing things that barely work beyond getting a bad meta critic score. (Which only hurts the devs and not the pubs that pushed it out early most of the time)

59. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 3, 2013, 19:19 Linksil

I think this is the best comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z2qVebxlUo

18. Re: More Big Picture Details May 3, 2013, 12:00 Linksil

I'm sorry but "work in progress" has always ment "Look at what we can already do in game, and it will get better" from every other game I've ever seen. Now If they had cut the scenes totally from the game and given a reason I can see it being a bit different. Instead you have the scenes the same in game just totally different on a graphical level. There was no reasons given for the downgrade, there was no excuses given, there wasn't even revised trailers released at the launch of the game to tell people the "updates" to the engine.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer
4. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Trailer May 2, 2013, 21:46 Linksil

And HOW does this play out in an MMO? I mean I can understand if your the group helping the souless one. But when you are that person it makes it hard being in a group of 5-25 people all with the same goal? Are they going to just roll a D20  

News Comments > Defiance Boasts a Million Accounts
8. Re: Defiance Boasts a Million Accounts May 2, 2013, 21:42 Linksil

I'd have tried it out, but 60 up front and a monthly fee just really turned me off. The show is kinda like firefly with aliens(good), but in a few more eps it can go either way. There's a lot of potential but it almost feels like it wants to go the way of Lost. (which is very bad) What is there even to do in the game?  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Announced
15. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Announced May 1, 2013, 16:46 Linksil

I don't know how you can be the next generation when it's still being made for the last gen systems. I'm sorry but no matter how much you improve the engine, you'll still be bound by the systems. If they really wanted to take a chance and go for it they would only make it for PC/PS4/next xbox.  

News Comments > Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed?
21. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed? Apr 29, 2013, 16:13 Linksil

Gib: What is wrong with the COD games? Tell me what's sooo bad about them that destroy's the gaming. Now you need to tell me what is actually BAD about the game, not what is bad in your opinion. What about them hurts gaming industry that people should not buy them?  

News Comments > Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed?
7. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed? Apr 29, 2013, 10:45 Linksil

I see it as the same thing that every sports game does. I mean Why can't you just buy a roster update for 5-10$ instead of having to pay 60$+ for a new game every year? 1/2 of the new game systems could have been patched into the old ones with the HD sizes and such nowadays.

I'll admit I've gotten the COD games, but all on the 1/2 off sales because for the single player romps and the smaller amount of MP I've played that's about the right price/hour for me. I still hate the pricing/way of their DLC.

News Comments > Saints Row IV Commander in Chief Edition for Preorders
6. Re: Saints Row IV Commander in Chief Edition for Preorders Apr 23, 2013, 00:50 Linksil

Prophet I felt the same way, except I loved the cluster of a storyline. It made sense in the whole old fashion way of story is just there to get you to have fun.  

526 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo