Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Linksil

Real Name Linksil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Linksil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2007, 04:54
Total Comments 507 (Apprentice)
User ID 45333

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Saints Row IV Commander in Chief Edition for Preorders
6. Re: Saints Row IV Commander in Chief Edition for Preorders Apr 23, 2013, 00:50 Linksil

Prophet I felt the same way, except I loved the cluster of a storyline. It made sense in the whole old fashion way of story is just there to get you to have fun.  
Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP
6. Re: Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP Apr 22, 2013, 16:44 Linksil

It will only be okay if they handle it in house... otherwise it's a toss up to what kind of game will come out of it.  

News Comments > Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within
13. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 10:51 Linksil

I'm sorry, but cut out this live action crap for announcing games. Unless it's like 7th guest(was that the game) where it's all filmed and interactive... there's no place for this in gaming.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
10. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 15, 2013, 02:01 Linksil

Hardest part is making sure to go to a movie that was filmed in 3d vs converted. I don't know a single converted 3d I have liked.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Double XP Weekend
4. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Double XP Weekend Apr 12, 2013, 21:50 Linksil

Actually it's really hard to find players on PC in the evening west coast(Esp the fun game types that arn't tdm). One of the reasons I don't have much time played on the MP.  

News Comments > Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Preorders; Trailer
37. Re: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Preorders; Trailer Apr 11, 2013, 19:10 Linksil

OMG, that first 15 min playing sold me on it. It's one of those games you just want to play with someone else watching so you can share in the glory.  

News Comments > Torment Kickstarter Concludes
34. Re: Torment Kickstarter Concludes Apr 6, 2013, 20:32 Linksil

I forgot about this one... Guess it's good it closed before I could throw some money at it.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Uprising DLC Announced
4. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Uprising DLC Announced Apr 5, 2013, 10:43 Linksil

Why do they put "Most creative & ambitious DLC" on every DLC. Can't they come up with some new buzz words?  

News Comments > SEGA Scolded Over Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers?
12. Re: SEGA Scolded Over Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers? Apr 3, 2013, 11:00 Linksil

I hate that for some games(3ds/rpgs) you pretty much have to preorder or else come launch day you get an email saying "we didn't get enough, hopefully you'll have the game in a year" Other then that I avoid preorder like the plague.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
20. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 23, 2013, 13:24 Linksil

Yosemite Sam wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 14:04:
As ridiculous as the WoT series got, you got to admit the friken guy could write a damn good story. Those first few books were simply amazing, then he just introduced way too many characters... shit was half expecting an entire book on the friken chambermaid. I gave up at Path of Daggers, will finish up reading the story at some point... did it get finished up good ? or is the stuff after Jordan bad?

You can tell Jordan sped up the books nearing the end of his writing. Also you have the remember the ones pub'ed after his death still had a lot of his writing/structure in it. I know the ending of the series(last battle and chaps) he almost compleatly wrote before he died. I think books 6,7,8 felt the worst to me because of pacing and filler. It has been so long though i'll have to go back and reread it all one day. I remember before he was terminal he talked about going and exploring the whole other side of the ocean in 2-3 books, you can almost tell "insert 3 books here" in the last book he wrote.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Mar 12, 2013, 11:06 Linksil

I preordered it, but didn't feel like trying the midnight launch this time. Sadly I've got a few other games to finish before I get to it.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month?
14. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month? Mar 9, 2013, 02:46 Linksil

Unless there's a huge update in game play, I think i'd rather they just did another set of expansions.  

News Comments > GeForce Tomb Raider Fixes Inbound
11. Re: GeForce Tomb Raider Fixes Inbound Mar 7, 2013, 10:50 Linksil

This is why you have install direct x whenever you install a game. Drivers and other things are being updated all the time. If you released a game with the latest drivers only you wouldn't ever release your game. You'd spend too much time changing the engine, which would brake something else... etc. Just like features in games you have to get to a point your happy with the engine and then just go into bug crunch.

I haven't done it, but I think most of the updates on the driver sides to increase performance is game specific because they're tieing in old ways of doing things (directx) with the newer ways/updates.

News Comments > Strike Suit Zero Patch Adds First-Person View
5. Re: Strike Suit Zero Patch Adds First-Person View Mar 6, 2013, 03:03 Linksil

It is a fun little game. you can finish it pretty quick(3-5 hours)... but there's challenges and unlocks to replay-ability. It's a fun distraction, but they keep it simple and don't draw out too many missions like main stream games are doing, so the play time total suffers.  

News Comments > Dead Space 4 Cancelled?
16. Re: Dead Space 4 Cancelled? Mar 5, 2013, 10:49 Linksil

I know after watching a few youtube videos of the game I basically put it under the 5-10$ steam sale. Nothing like DS1 or even 2.  

News Comments > Homeworld and Remaining THQ IPs for Sale
17. Re: Homeworld and Remaining THQ IPs for Sale Feb 27, 2013, 11:58 Linksil

I think part of it might be they want too much for the IP's. I understand wanting to get money out of things... but at the same time i'd rather they just sell the IP for penny's and let someone else try their luck at it.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 "Gorgeous" Update This Week
18. Re: Natural Selection 2 Feb 26, 2013, 19:17 Linksil

As far as i'm aware there isn't a censored version. There's only one, i'm sure with such a small studio that if it was demanded to have a censored version you just wouldn't be able to buy it. A lot easier then wasting time redoing the game.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Patched
5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Patched Feb 24, 2013, 15:19 Linksil

Yea I love how they have to "patch" this in moving from Bars to ping for the PC EVERY single COD game. Acting like it's an improvement instead of just what is expected out of any PC game released in the last 15 years.  

News Comments > Counter-Strike Map Legal Threat
11. Re: Counter-Strike Map Lawsuit Threat Feb 19, 2013, 11:42 Linksil

This reminds me of my first quake map being based around my school. I wonder how copyright works with buildings vs recreations online/in games. I'd think any open space falls under free use.  

News Comments > Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB
5. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 18, 2013, 20:17 Linksil

Let us hook up a mouse and keyboard to the 360/ps3/720/ps4, Give us proper configs for it (no mouse lag options) and see what people REALLY want to play FPS games on.  

507 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo