Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Linksil

Real Name Linksil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Linksil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2007, 04:54
Total Comments 538 (Apprentice)
User ID 45333

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Saints Row IV Still RC Down Under
9. Re: Saints Row IV Still RC Down Under Jul 29, 2013, 12:45 Linksil

I'm sorry but do they not have hospitals and doctors? Isn't that the same thing they do? I guess all sims are refused classification too because you can do those things in them. Oh well all I can say is that this game can't get here fast enough, after having a blast replaying SR3.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Online Announced
5. Re: F.E.A.R. Online Announced Jul 25, 2013, 11:04 Linksil

I'm sorry but FEAR was always about single player horror. I didn't like how they went from spooky to SAW as the games moved on, but the jump into co op in FEAR3 didn't even interest me.(And I LOVE CO OP play) This just shows me that people really don't know how to manage their IP's... So sad because we are lacking in the horror department. Oh well back to indies.  

News Comments > Epic Working on AAA Shooter
35. Re: Epic Working on AAA Shooter Jul 12, 2013, 19:47 Linksil

I had this great idea of going back to the old style FPS games. Ones with health packs, and levels that went all over the place with good design and not a long corridor like cod games have become for sake of "story". Limited ammo and a dependency on skilled play vs just moving forwards. Sadly the more you think about it the more you realize it's getting impossible to find a designer that is willing to dump that much into each level.  

News Comments > Global Agenda 2 and Tribes Ascend 2 Take Precedence Over Tribes Ascend Patch
14. Re: Global Agenda 2 and Tribes Ascend 2 Take Precedence Over Tribes Ascend Patch Jul 12, 2013, 19:43 Linksil

The problem is that in our new world of gaming patching doesn't = fixing bugs anymore. Patching is the only way to get new content into the game, like maps, because of company's not releasing the stranglehold they have the tools and servers. The only other way is a DLC patch. But in FTP games it's hard to charge for core content patches without destroying your fan base.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 12, 2013, 15:39 Linksil

It might be because EVO is charging 12 dollars to just talk in their chat on twitch. Let alone all the other company logo's I see plastered all over their stream. I bet if they had offered to put up a Nintendo logo it wouldn't have been a problem.  

News Comments > Global Agenda 2 and Tribes Ascend 2 Take Precedence Over Tribes Ascend Patch
9. Re: Global Agenda 2 and Tribes Ascend 2 Take Precedence Over Tribes Ascend Patch Jul 12, 2013, 15:38 Linksil

I think i'm one of the few people that didn't like Renegades mod. Then again I do hate having the hosted server model. Not just TA, but all games seem to be suffering from this of late.  

7. Re: Global Agenda 2 and Tribes Ascend 2 Take Precedence Over Tribes Ascend Patch Jul 12, 2013, 12:52 Linksil

This is a sad day... TA has so much potential, hell watching matches on twitch is some of the best game play around. Much better then watching COD or BF or other FOTM FPS. While I don't mind the state of the game right now, I can say I haven't played it since they stopped doing updates. Heck I think if you just have 3 maps or so every quarter planned you'd get a lot more fan support.  

News Comments > Rambo Trailer
16. Re: Rambo Trailer Jul 11, 2013, 00:45 Linksil

siapnar wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 20:06:
One of the top comments on youtube says it all:

"the ammo belt didn't even feed into the gun..." @1:01

So Bad Ass that you don't need bullets feed into the gun to fire it!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Vengeance for PC Next Month
3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Vengeance for PC Next Month Jul 11, 2013, 00:42 Linksil

The only good pubs I've found are hardcore mode. Then again that's almost the same for any PC game. Maybe it's just me but putting a full clip into someones back to have them still be alive and turn around to 1 shot me has really put me off "normal" modes.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Female Marine Detailed
6. Re: Natural Selection 2 Female Marine Detailed Jul 6, 2013, 01:26 Linksil

Prez: I'm sorry to hear that was your experience with NS2. For me all the games I've played people have been more then helpful when just starting out. Even for commanding, I just asked "I've never done it, mind if I try" most of the time people will be happy to deal with it if you ask. Maybe it's just the servers you got on. I really love all the maps that have been coming out of the community, just wish I had more time to play it.  

News Comments > Steam Gets Twitchy; Twitch Gets Steamy
3. Re: Steam Gets Twitchy; Twitch Gets Steamy Jul 4, 2013, 21:24 Linksil

I didn't even know origin had built in twitch streaming...  

News Comments > Half-Life 3 ARG Speculation Abounds
14. Re: Half-Life 3 ARG Speculation Abounds Jun 28, 2013, 10:45 Linksil

Don't they have to finish ep 3 before HL 3? I'd laugh pretty hard if they released ep 3 then HL3 like 6 months latter. Do something like EP3 xmas, HL3 at E3 next year with no hype.  

News Comments > Saints Row IV Refused Oz Classification
35. Re: Saints Row IV Refused Oz Classification Jun 26, 2013, 10:25 Linksil

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 08:03:
Don't need a moral horse to know this game is a piece of trash. And people wonder why legislators are calling for game reform. When they push the envelope this far just because they can, THQ deserves all the crap they get about this game.

Actually since morals are based on the person, and in America we believe in having freedom enough to make our own choice, it's not up to you or anyone else to tell us something is "trash". It's your right to say "I think this game is trash" or "I did not like this game because of these reasons" But you can't just force your opinion on people by saying the game is trash.

Having a rating system is fine, but if you force it upon people you shouldn't be able to ban things. Class them were you want to, but making it so people can't make their own choices about something is just taking away freedom. I think the whole rating system is a flawed attempt to make people happy and cover up real problems.

Let's look at saints row 4. What have we seen? We've seen a story line that involves you fighting off aliens to save the world. We've seen innovative weapons and the use of super powers like in comic books. When you undress the character it is CENSORED in the "bad parts". It's open world so you can go through the entire game without even seeing some of the "objectionable" content. If your problem was with 3, everything in the game was based on real life things that happen with an action movie twist to make sure the character lived. OH yea you can do everything in the GTA series(Biggest/closest game in category) that you can do in saints row series. That's been on the market for years and get's a lot more attention.

It's been shown the entire reason that legislators call for game reforms and other types of censoring of media is just to try to distract the public from other things they aren't doing. OR that they are trying to ride a moral high horse and push their beliefs on others.

News Comments > Saints Row IV Refused Oz Classification
29. Re: Saints Row IV Refused Oz Classification Jun 25, 2013, 22:05 Linksil

Agent: I think that's giving meth addicts a bad name comparing them to him. Good thing the bibles been proven as the oldest work of fiction ever made.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2013, 10:47 Linksil

I'm mixed on the superman movie. On one side we finally got the awesome super hero fights/actions that superman deserves. On the other we got an insanely shallow movie with just enough plot to string us along between said fights. Everyone but the actors for superman and lois did a wonderful job with what they had, but again the script just wasn't there to let any of them shine except zod. For the first two, he did okay as superman, but we didn't even really see clark kent enough to really judge. Lois seemed weird and shallow of a character. I think the main thing about the script I hated was the time frame. When he learned to swim/move at super speeds, shoot lasers out of eyes, and all the other good stuff over the whole course of his childhood... BUT it takes him a good 5 mins to learn to jump and fly? Then he TELLS the villein HOW to get over his discomfort so he can take over/destroy the world? Don't get me started about lois lane taking less then a week to figure out who superman is...  

News Comments > BF4 Alpha Testing Invites and Specs?
32. Re: BF4 Alpha Testing Invites and Specs? Jun 18, 2013, 02:14 Linksil

Now that's funny. Almost every server I play on is sub 100 ping. When I filter HC I got a choice of at least a dozen, more if I go to noob mode "normal". Just make sure you have your settings right for filters. Also I think most servers are running none base of some form by now, so if you just got the base game you might be out of luck... other then hte free CC exp.  

27. Re: BF4 Alpha Testing Invites and Specs? Jun 17, 2013, 18:33 Linksil

I've played every BF, but they aren't tied into my Origins account... mostly because I can't find the CD keys for anything other then the exp's and it won't let me tie in my old account. *sigh*

19. Re: BF4 Alpha Testing Invites and Specs? Jun 17, 2013, 12:42 Linksil

Slick: I agree, i'm one of those people that love seeing the behind the scenes and dev process. Done tons of MMO alphas and betas and always am amazed how games change as they go. The comment was more towards the company's that aren't doing true alphas but instead using it as a press tool. Problem I see it is the current audience can't really handle having "broken" things like alphas. It's getting better with all the indie ones now, but still most of the kids are horrible out there and the internet doesn't help in that regard.  

14. Re: BF4 Alpha Testing Invites and Specs? Jun 17, 2013, 12:01 Linksil

Fantaz wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 11:51:
Aren't they supposed to be paying QA people to test early rough Alpha builds? How can they ask for regular online gamers to do their work as volunteers? Shameful...

Throwing an Alpha out isn't a horrible thing... it's that they IGNORE the feedback from the community when they do it that's horrible. Personally I wouldn't have company's show anything of a game until late beta/1-2 months before release. That way everything is feature finished and working reasonably. Sadly it's not the world we live in... were it's expected to have 1-2 years Hype leading up to AAA releases.

News Comments > Battlefield 3: Close Quarters DLC for Free
15. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters DLC for Free Jun 15, 2013, 12:41 Linksil

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 15, 2013, 07:52:
Jumped on BF4 for 35$ on GMG ;/ Argh, I am gullible.

Arg did you use a code for that? Or did I just miss a sale listing.

538 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo