Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Linksil

Real Name Linksil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Linksil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2007, 04:54
Total Comments 521 (Apprentice)
User ID 45333

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > BF4 Alpha Testing Invites and Specs?
19. Re: BF4 Alpha Testing Invites and Specs? Jun 17, 2013, 12:42 Linksil

Slick: I agree, i'm one of those people that love seeing the behind the scenes and dev process. Done tons of MMO alphas and betas and always am amazed how games change as they go. The comment was more towards the company's that aren't doing true alphas but instead using it as a press tool. Problem I see it is the current audience can't really handle having "broken" things like alphas. It's getting better with all the indie ones now, but still most of the kids are horrible out there and the internet doesn't help in that regard.  
Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BF4 Alpha Testing Invites and Specs?
14. Re: BF4 Alpha Testing Invites and Specs? Jun 17, 2013, 12:01 Linksil

Fantaz wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 11:51:
Aren't they supposed to be paying QA people to test early rough Alpha builds? How can they ask for regular online gamers to do their work as volunteers? Shameful...

Throwing an Alpha out isn't a horrible thing... it's that they IGNORE the feedback from the community when they do it that's horrible. Personally I wouldn't have company's show anything of a game until late beta/1-2 months before release. That way everything is feature finished and working reasonably. Sadly it's not the world we live in... were it's expected to have 1-2 years Hype leading up to AAA releases.

News Comments > Battlefield 3: Close Quarters DLC for Free
15. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters DLC for Free Jun 15, 2013, 12:41 Linksil

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 15, 2013, 07:52:
Jumped on BF4 for 35$ on GMG ;/ Argh, I am gullible.

Arg did you use a code for that? Or did I just miss a sale listing.

News Comments > New Warhammer 40K MMORPG Announced
2. Re: New Warhammer 40K MMORPG Announced Jun 12, 2013, 11:10 Linksil

I still think you can't make a MMORPG for Consoles. The whole closed system of their online component just limits it and divides up users. At least this reminds me that I have space marines still to play through.  

News Comments > Diablo III Expansion in 2014?
13. Re: Diablo III Expansion in 2014? Jun 12, 2013, 02:15 Linksil

I think one of the problems is it's almost impossible to tell the player count. I mean there's no chat rooms. What chat there is randomly numbered to give you no idea of how many channels have people(vs D2). There always seems to be people playing, but the real numbers are so hard to figure out unless your blizzard. I expect the exp pack early 2014, if it does what the D2 exp pack did then a lot of people will forget about the last year of complains, except those on here and redit will still complain. Even without it the QOL in D3 is a lot better then a year ago.  

News Comments > Mad Max Game Announced
41. Re: Mad Max Game Announced Jun 11, 2013, 23:13 Linksil

jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 20:51:
Shineyguy wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 16:06:
Stunned

Did you just try to say that Starship Troopers movies were GOOD?! No, no, no, no, no, HELL NO, no.

Go read the book, then watch the movie. As much as people say the movie never lives up to the book? The only thing in common the movie has with the book is the name of the protagonist, and the fact that humans are fighting "bugs". That's it. There isn't enough similarity there in the movie to even associate one with the other.

I hate those movies.

The first one is a classic. The sequels suck.

The movie is very different from the books, but the movie stands on its own as both a valid entry in the action-scifi genre, and at the same time a satire of it. Great FX that still hold up, a great score, and some great over the top hammy acting by Michael Ironsides. Would you like to know more?

Sadly I agree the Starship troopers movies were good. First one being the best and is still one of the best sounding movies out there. The second one felt like it was jumping shark, and the third set up the power suits and made it as if the movies were more of a lead in/alt timeline from the books. Personally I LOVED the computer animated series they did and still want to kill someone for cutting it short with a cliffhanger. If you ever go into a movie thinking it's going to live up a book I really would like to know what kind of drugs your on. Now Enders game MIGHT just prove me wrong...

News Comments > FreeSpace IP Sold for $7500
34. Re: FreeSpace IP Sold for $7500 Jun 7, 2013, 23:14 Linksil

So basically the IP is all in the same place now.  

News Comments > Thief Trailer
8. Re: Thief Trailer Jun 7, 2013, 14:56 Linksil

Enough with the CGI. Can we get some game play now?  

News Comments > FreeSpace IP Sold for $7500
11. Re: FreeSpace IP Sold for $7500 Jun 7, 2013, 11:53 Linksil

Hell I'd be tempted to offer then 15k right off the bat to get the IP. Look Interplay that's a 100% profit! I loved the whole back story and ideas behind FreeSpace. Would almost be worth it just to be able to let the mod community run wilder then they already have knowing they aren't going to get sued.  

News Comments > Saints Row 4 War for Humanity Trailer
18. Re: Saints Row 4 War for Humanity Trailer Jun 6, 2013, 20:54 Linksil

I have a feeling we're going to get a lot of matrix jokes. Also I really want to go back and replay SR3 now Too many damn new games let alone replaying the old ones.  

News Comments > New Diablo III Game Director
17. Re: New Diablo III Game Director Jun 6, 2013, 01:54 Linksil

bigspender wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 00:36:
wait, are people still playing the same 4 Acts over and over since the games release over a year ago?

or is there something new?

Well there's the Uber boss battles that are new. But now(Since the last patch) people are playing acts 1-3 (I think a bit of 4 but not that much). Because 99% of the people just ran Act 3 over and over and over. Kinda like the cow level or Meph runs.

News Comments > Crysis 3: Lost Island Found
6. Re: Crysis 3: Lost Island Found Jun 5, 2013, 18:48 Linksil

While loving Crysis 1.... 2 feel flat and 3 just felt like more of the same. The bow helped for an hour, but then yea it just wasn't that fun. I basically had to force myself to play through the last 2 hours just to finish the game. Once I finished 2 it was uninstalled. 3 took a few days until I realized I had no urge to go back for anything SP or MP. Watch a let's play if you care about the story, otherwise pass.  

News Comments > Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week
13. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 30, 2013, 18:55 Linksil

I didn't even think they have limited installs... if they do I haven't hit it, reinstalling the game 6+ times with upgrades and comp switches.  

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced
20. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced May 30, 2013, 12:13 Linksil

And here I was looking at a 6xx upgrade... Guess I'll wait a month and see where the price settles.  

News Comments > Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week
6. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 30, 2013, 12:05 Linksil

The way it's worded about the island sounds perfect for a SP jaunt... oh wait we can't make SP stuff for DLC. Oh yea and how is going to an island returning to the spiritual roots? Didn't the FIRST game take place on an island?  

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed?
2. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed? May 28, 2013, 19:37 Linksil

IF this is true... i'd love to see what they scrapped. I know it will never happen unless I got a job at blizzard, but still would be interesting to see what they didn't like.  

News Comments > PC Destiny Talk
17. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 14:27 Linksil

Parias- For me personally I know that I have a insanely(see impossible) time aiming with the controller in fps, sometimes it leads over into 3rd person too. I'm sure if I spent a few dozen-100's of hours working on it I can retrain my brain. But I'd rather not for such a limited experience. A lot of it comes to how consoles will throw you out of scope or shake the screen all over the place when your hit and compensating for that is crazy vs the years of keyboard and mouse. For a lot of us the frustration is just not worth it.

The reason for the sales of FPS on console is not because of the game, it's because they focus and market it the most on one system. Also kids are more likely to get a 300$ console vs a $1k+ computer. They made a choice and forced the market onto the controllers and don't want to change it. Look at all the tournaments for COD. They market all these prizes and such and then Oppps xbox only!

Personally I don't see why I can't just plug my keyboard and mouse into the console and enjoy it the way I want to. Oh wait both Sony and MS said they can't do that because it would give a huge advantage to K/M players.

News Comments > PC Destiny Talk
4. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 11:20 Linksil

I love all the bungie games, but not having a PC port moves it from a day 1 purchase to sometime when the games less then $20.(Just like the all the halo games) Just can't do FPS on console controller, I'll struggle through it for the single player... but multi no way too slow and clunky for me after years of PC FPS.  

News Comments > Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn in August
5. Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn in August May 23, 2013, 23:42 Linksil

I want to play it. But there is no way i'm throwing over a monthly fee after what happened with the first launch. One of the few games I with was FTP.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2013, 15:55 Linksil

Okay, IM3 was way better then IM2. Second Star Trek felt like they were just rehashing the first movie over again (Characters all making the same mistakes) and the twists that weren't even really twists. Now I enjoyed both movies... I wasn't expecting either to be this groundbreaking make you think movie. They both played their parts and did it well. I think part of this is trying to recreate the second ST movie in reboot form without remembering there's a whole TV series of background they keep forgetting about.  

521 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo