Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Linksil

Real Name Linksil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Linksil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2007, 04:54
Total Comments 468 (Amateur)
User ID 45333

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Titanfall Reviews
44. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 01:26 Linksil

Creston wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 01:23:
Cabezone wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 01:17:
Also..microsofts shitty game servers are fucking dying over the launch load.

I edited my original post, it seems it's actually being hosted on EA servers. So big surprise that they don't fucking work.

Funny thing was when the beta servers were shitting all over themselves... it was EA saying MS servers were the problem and that MS was hosting all the match matching/authentication.

Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 10, 2014, 19:43 Linksil

Yosemite Sam wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 14:36:
Ya I'm pretty sure the babelfish was where I packed it in too.

I remember I made it to the ship and couldn't figure out the door for the life of me.

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2014, 16:48 Linksil

The BoA gear came to be because they don't want people trading. They want people to be forced into self found and because they believe the only thing "FUN" about Diablo games is FINDING the upgrade yourself. Also with removal of the AH they don't want people jumping all over the 3rd party sites so this is another way to remove that. Hell look at the high gold costs for end game stuffs, yet you can't even trade gold.  

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2014, 14:24 Linksil

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 14:10:
Wizard being the best at farming bar-none is a balance issue, not a loot system issue.

It's not the best farmer, so much as people are liking the easier play style a lot more. Hell all the ranged classes are better now until melee gear gets up there. If you look at top geared people before the patch you'll see them still using those characters, but with lower gear stats ranged will always come out on top.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
32. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 2, 2014, 20:15 Linksil

mag wrote on Mar 2, 2014, 19:51:
the rules aren't consistent. Sometimes you can walk off ledges, sometimes you can't. Sometimes you can jump across a gap, sometimes you can't.

This is pretty unforgivable for me, and represents the worst part of any context-sensitive cover system or press-A-to-do-cool-stuff system. I can never get used to a game that seems to have completely arbitrary rules for how your character interacts with the environment.

This and that fact that you have to swoop into get every piece of loot. I've never had a problem with motion sickness in a game before, but I'm pretty sure my headaches after playing a few hours (can't get through more then that even if I want to) are from the framing/movement of the game. Resolution switches mid game do not help either. Also I really didn't get the whole reviewers grip about windows shutting behind you, until I played it and realized I had to go through a 25 second QTE because I just went through it and realized I went the wrong way or missed something. Opening a door/window should expand your world, not make it closed/more annoying.

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Next Month?
9. Re: Dark Souls II PC Next Month? Mar 1, 2014, 17:05 Linksil

Overon: Or they have been paid for XXX months console exclusive. Which happens way too much.  

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Next Month?
3. Re: Dark Souls II PC Next Month? Mar 1, 2014, 13:48 Linksil

PHJF wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 11:53:
They need extra time to make sure it is somehow even worse a port than Dark Souls.

I thought they said somewhere that they were deving for PC first and then porting to consoles to try to not make that mistake again.

News Comments > State of Decay DLC Plans
1. Re: State of Decay DLC Plans Feb 28, 2014, 09:29 Linksil

I had been wondering if any of the new wave zombie games were going to try this approach. Something were you play as the military trying to contain/fix/cure the outbreak before it spreads in the early stages might make a very interesting game. Will be interested to see what they come up with as I'm still liking state of decays base game.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Adds New Loot & Paragon Systems
4. Re: Diablo III Patch Adds New Loot & Paragon Systems Feb 25, 2014, 18:58 Linksil

If the servers ever come back up... If you never played it would be an okay time to start. I'd honestly say wait until the exp pack launches so you can just go through the whole content at once, if your looking to get into it now.  

News Comments > Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending
8. Re: Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending Feb 24, 2014, 23:14 Linksil

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 22:08:
Semi-random question (since I've never played the game): If you are a non-auction house level 60, level 50+ paragon character, how much gold are you likely to have? Millions? Was amused by the stories of the auction bugs leading to some people getting billions, but never had an idea how much a normal high level character would have.

I have 24mil picked up(doesn't include sold items, but they really don't sell for much) from leveling 5 characters to 60, most para 20-30. I also used to do gold runs on my DH with maxed out gold find set way back that would give you 600k-750k an hour. Normal character leveling one up i'd say 5mil max.

5. Re: Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending Feb 24, 2014, 21:15 Linksil

Yea it condenses the mats, but also almost everything that's worth crafting uses all new mats from what I have seen. Also you get the highest current level gems as normal drops in the 61-70 content. This means all the gems you got now are useless come exp. Everyone in the beta said it's good to keep one or two stacks of a mat, but more then that isn't worth it since like you said you'll be replacing most of gear very fast. Golds needed for enchanting(switching stats on new gear) and Transmutation... so everyone seems to suggest selling it all off now before you can't.  

2. Re: Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending Feb 24, 2014, 19:04 Linksil

I'm just trying to get rid of all my old extra gear/1000's of crafting mats I have. Since it seems like gold is the only really useful thing to transfer over. Well and a few limited items.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 24, 2014, 13:55 Linksil

Verno wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 12:17:
I can't understand what they were thinking at Netflix doing this. Even getting preferential CDN placement and all that is going to pale in comparison to what they're going to demand over time. You let them get a foot in the door, big mistake.

It's because normal people(most of their clients) are blaming Netflix NOT their ISP. They call their ISP and say hey I can't get XXX download at the speed i'm paying for, and the ISP says "Well we just ran a 15 sec test and your getting those speeds from your house to us. (Leaving out that's all they're paying for not real net access at all speeds. Which requires the ISP's to constantly upgrade and work on their backbones) So they blame Netflix for not sending the data fast enough. Sadly, no amount of facts will stop this from happening and even net neutrality doesn't help because they just can refuse to upgrade/turn them on like in the past. It's a PR war and the shitty POS isp's are winning.

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
20. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 13:03 Linksil

Dagnamit wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 12:16:
The RPS review is strange. The reviewer calls it, "bloody good" and then proceeds to rip it to shreds, pretty much calling every element mediocre. more than the sum of its parts? Is that even possible in a game?

Yea that is really strange to me, but i've seen games like it before. Lots of flaws, but even with all of them it's still fun to play. Even says he couldn't understand why he was still having fun playing the game. I think without the "thief" name it would have reviewed higher in a lot of places, but still ends up being a run of the mill console game.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 24, 2014, 12:03 Linksil

Maybe It's because I didn't both buying it until the extra special platinum premium edition came out with everything unlocked on one disk. But isn't it early to be shutting down all the online services? I can't even remember if it's all on the disk or had to be downloaded too.  

News Comments > Free Thief Gold With Thief Mod Contest Entries
21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2014, 16:15 Linksil

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 22:31:
Out of keys again.

They just got more keys in... so grab it while you can.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Free Weekend
7. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Free Weekend Feb 20, 2014, 20:04 Linksil

The console version was 50% off within weeks of it going on sale(Black Friday) and we had to wait 6 months for it to happen? Still not enough to get me to buy it, esp if you need to buy the season pass to make the multi player playable. Hell... I just figured out it will take longer to DOWNLOAD the game then it will to play through the single player campaign for most people in the US.  

News Comments > Square Enix on More PC FINAL FANTASY
8. Re: Square Enix on More PC FINAL FANTASY Feb 20, 2014, 13:49 Linksil

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 12:11:
Stop talking about it and DO it.

Sadly I think this means they are going to bring the NEW games to the PC instead of trying to waste manpower on porting old games.

News Comments > Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month
34. Re: Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month Feb 19, 2014, 19:48 Linksil

Krovven wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 16:10:
If that's what you think, log into the PTR and try it out for yourself. Or do you even own the game to even make a judgement without pure speculation?

The game on the PTR is the best it has been. Getting your own loot is worth it.

I do own the game, and I will get the exp. I'd rather not waste my limited gaming time on the PTR getting stuff that will just get wiped and changed once the game comes out in a month(less?). I've said in the past I haven't kept 100% up to date with the latest builds, but from what I have seen and read about on news sites, this exp pack seems like a step in the wrong direction. BOA items have no place in Diablo or any game like this. Going from 100% open trading to having to find everything yourself is a step in the very wrong direction. Yes these game types are about killing and finding loot yourself... but they're also about trading and sharing loot with friends. Look at this clan feature of showing loot that drops for your friends, but OH WAIT you can't trade it if they're not using it and you need it for an upgrade. Or wait they upgraded their last piece, so you can't trade for their old one because they were using it! To each his own, but i'd rather not have to get every piece of every loot for every one of my characters to try out. Please tell me i'm wrong... but from everything I have been reading about the exp pack i'm not.

News Comments > Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month
21. Re: Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month Feb 19, 2014, 16:03 Linksil

Krovven wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 15:55:
descender wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 12:03:
Now they'll have people trading items/gold for real money through third party websites and such, and people will get scammed like crazy.

Yea, no. Legendaries are bind on account and other items become bind on account once you enchant them.

Which is why I think Diablo 3 without being able to trade is going to be a lot worse then Diablo 3 with an AH.

468 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo