Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Linksil

Real Name Linksil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Linksil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2007, 04:54
Total Comments 526 (Apprentice)
User ID 45333

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New Hearthstone Wing
2. Re: New Hearthstone Wing Jul 30, 2014, 10:45 Linksil

You don't get any cards from harder fights only the class challenges. You do get some golden card or a common for finishing all heroic boss's once all 5 wings are out.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > LEGO Batman 3 Comic-Con Trailer
1. Re: LEGO Batman 3 Comic-Con Trailer Jul 27, 2014, 15:43 Linksil

Isn't this Lego JL not Lego Batman?  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Delayed to 2015
10. Re: Battlefield Hardline Delayed to 2015 Jul 22, 2014, 23:55 Linksil

Seeing this Add-on for BF4 launch at 30$, no extra charge for maps that need to be in the base game. Just might make it worth it... kinda hard to say.  

News Comments > Dead Rising 3 Preorders & DLC
2. Re: Dead Rising 3 Preorders & DLC Jul 22, 2014, 23:53 Linksil

Still not seeing a reason to preorder this. I love the games, but well including content that's already made and only 10% off?

News Comments > Merry Naxxramas
10. Re: Merry Naxxramas Jul 22, 2014, 23:49 Linksil

Yea opening a new wing every week is very weak. I mean this isn't wow. You don't have to extend the PvE grind... Esp after you pay for the new wing and it's still not unlocked. That said the normal boss's in the first wing were very challenging and I can't wait to see what else is thrown at us. Oh yea, those boss powers were way OP. I spent money that I had left over from D3 AH, so it's not like I really spent anything. All my gold seems to get lost into arenas.  

News Comments > Hearthstone Maintenance Now; Naxxramas Launches Later
3. Re: Hearthstone Maintenance Now; Naxxramas Launches Later Jul 22, 2014, 12:19 Linksil

Sorry, but after years of WoW maintenance and failed launches I've lost way too much faith in blizzard at any announcement. Just release the game when it's done and stop talking about it.  

News Comments > Hearthstone Maintenance Now; Naxxramas Launches Later
1. Re: Hearthstone Maintenance Now; Naxxramas Launches Later Jul 22, 2014, 10:21 Linksil

This has got to be a joke. Or they're doing a non maintenance launch latter in the week? I mean there's only so much left in the month that you said it would be released in.  

News Comments > ArcheAge Closed Beta Begins
4. Re: ArcheAge Closed Beta Begins Jul 17, 2014, 23:36 Linksil

I love it because after months in alpha this patch is the only one that has caused me crashes. Oh yea DX11 has a nice memory leak if you do try to play it i'd rec dx9 which still looks great.  

News Comments > ArcheAge Closed Beta Next Week
4. Re: ArcheAge Closed Beta Next Week Jul 11, 2014, 11:45 Linksil

Veterator wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 11:09:
I've caught some information on this game. It has some pretty interesting ideas. Like hang gliders, boats, boat combat, underwater farms.....I think they even mentioned underwater housing. Plus housing in general.

Crime, where you can steal from other people (in this case they showed like killing a chicken they owned on their property and them looking for signs of foot prints and what not) and they can investigate and try to catch you and send you into a judicial system which was a little unclear.

Siegeable guild forts that were SUPPOSEDLY designed somewhat by the players, so they aren't just a cookie cutter layout each time.

It's supposed to be F2P, but the implementation of how they expect to pull in subs and stuff kind of looked like if you want to enjoy yourself much at all or have anything you'd be subbing. Which kinda got me disinterested. I still want to try it out someday, but got a feeling it's going to be really difficult without subbing to do much.

Been playing the alpha for a few months now. US patch 1.0 was a great game, with lots of if this get's polished this games going to destroy things. They released 1.2 patch (korean patch without the US changes... this is trions words) and pretty much destroyed everything unique about the game. I mean it's still there but it feels like it's all hidden behind a pay wall. Labor Points are used for EVERYTHING and without a sub your capped at 2k max(5k max with sub), regens at 1 or 5 per 5min online only, can't quiet remember they keep changing their minds on the numbers. With "patron" which is sub of $15 a month, you get 20/5min (but it's listed 10/5 in the tool tip) while online and 5/5min offline. This forces you to be afking online 24/7 if you want to do any type of crafting/farming/opening auctions/ opening coin purses off mobs you farm. Right now it feels like you HAVE to pay to keep up and even then your still being fisted. Patron is also the only way you can own property/farms.

Gliders are fun to fly, but there's no easy way to descend so you usually play lets see if I die when the glider timer runs out. Boats are a blast but well very hard to make now. Boat combat requires cannon balls (requires LP farm then more LP to make) Underwater farms are just areas to swim into and farm then leave after a few mins once your done. But required for high end crafting. There's houses on the water but no underwater ones yet.

Crime system is interesting. You can plant anywhere on the world. If you do others can come alone and either uproot(not grown) or harvest(grown) your items if you don't make it back. If they do this there is a CHANCE at leaving footprints and they can report for crime points. Also anytime you attack and/or kill someone outside of a total war zone(Which only last 30 mins and cycle) anyone can report you. Once you hit 50 CP next time you die you go to trial. Players see the notes about what you did and decide your penalty.

Sieges: Forts can be built how people want to, but it's inside a limited area and well i'm not sure how much leeway there is.

Without subbing you can still do 50% of the game... but 90% of that will be VERY hard and frustrating.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer
3. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 4, 2014, 13:13 Linksil

Yea looking forwards to seeing how much of a sale this is right after launch. What i'm really wondering is what the people from these mag/websites are looking at? From watching the 1080p videos from E3 that they watched, the game looks the same as every other FPS current gen. It's def not next gen, and def not "an entirely new environment". Honestly looked like FPS tomb raider in the hills.  

News Comments > Call of Duty Ghosts Double XP Weekend
4. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Double XP Weekend Jun 28, 2014, 00:56 Linksil

10 for the game... 10 for the DLC. since that is over 1/2 the game when you really think about it. Or maybe just 5 each.  

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2014, 02:01 Linksil

I do love how it took until now to get the console price on COD. Even then when the sale first rolled over it was only 25% then they bumped it up to 50%. Oh wait the DLC isn't included...

Yea i'm running into the whole "well I own most of these games already" Guess it's time to grind through some more.

News Comments > More Crytek Rumors
25. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 16:28 Linksil

ASeven wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 16:17:
I feel sorry for the employees but in the end, the higher ups made their bed and now they have to lie on it. Shame the rest of the guys get hit by the stupid decisions from management.

Problem is that the higher ups will end up with full packages and making a LOT of money, even if the company goes into bankruptcy. While the normal employee's are lucky to see a dime of pension or anything beyond showing up and not even being able to clean out their desks of personal things. Their beds are almost always soft and fluffy from the breaking of backs of the lower level people.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare Jun 24, 2014, 13:07 Linksil

I thought this was going to be a F2P with a in game shop. I guess it's P2P with an in game shop instead... *sigh*  

News Comments > DICE on Bad Company 3: "Wait and See"
14. Re: DICE on Bad Company 3: Jun 24, 2014, 12:05 Linksil

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 11:42:
Bad Company 2 had some really crappy and some really great maps, but all of them were sort of fun ;p

On BF4 I could say "fun" to maybe about 3 maps...

Well I played only Rush on BC2 and logged over 100 hours doing that. Things that made it fun:

Bug free (for the most part). Some people had problems, but well I didn't.
Maps had all the buildings destroyable. Added more options.
Maps had better flow. Yes some of them bottlenecked, but it was still fun to try and break.
In GAME server browser.
Weapons felt like they would kill people, then they did.
Single player was a rail with more freedom and enjoyable writing.
Steam instead of Origins. Not sure how much that matters.

I know I missed a few, but well that's the best my just woke up brain can handle.

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Jun 16, 2014, 22:49 Linksil

Nin: you can opt-out of the stupid Wifi thing... but you have to call in... and talk to about 3 level of upsales and other people before getting to the right place to do it. Then they'll keep trying to tell you that other people using your internet connection(router/modem) has NO effect on your speeds/connection. Oh wait we're going to charge you overages or slow down your connection because of usage... hmmmm.  

News Comments > Serious Sam 2 Replaces GameSpy with Steamworks
11. Re: Serious Sam 2 Replaces GameSpy with Steamworks Jun 14, 2014, 12:00 Linksil

I think the whole fov on widescreen was the reason I stopped playing this. I'll have to fire it up again... that and SS3 which I never got around to finishing.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2014, 11:15 Linksil

Prob still won't have a good app to just watch videos either.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Closed Beta Instant Access Now
13. Re: Battlefield Hardline Closed Beta Instant Access Now Jun 9, 2014, 18:35 Linksil

Played a bit of the beta... while I like the mod idea. People saying it's better then BF4 need to get their heads fixed. I noticed more net lag then BF4 at launch and well not even offering hardcore servers for the beta shows what they're targeting.  

News Comments > Dying Light E3 Trailer
3. Re: Dying Light E3 Trailer Jun 4, 2014, 14:07 Linksil

Wasn't this suppose to be out already?  

526 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo