Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Linksil

Real Name Linksil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Linksil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2007, 04:54
Total Comments 517 (Apprentice)
User ID 45333

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer
3. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 4, 2014, 13:13 Linksil

Yea looking forwards to seeing how much of a sale this is right after launch. What i'm really wondering is what the people from these mag/websites are looking at? From watching the 1080p videos from E3 that they watched, the game looks the same as every other FPS current gen. It's def not next gen, and def not "an entirely new environment". Honestly looked like FPS tomb raider in the hills.  
Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty Ghosts Double XP Weekend
4. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Double XP Weekend Jun 28, 2014, 00:56 Linksil

10 for the game... 10 for the DLC. since that is over 1/2 the game when you really think about it. Or maybe just 5 each.  

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2014, 02:01 Linksil

I do love how it took until now to get the console price on COD. Even then when the sale first rolled over it was only 25% then they bumped it up to 50%. Oh wait the DLC isn't included...

Yea i'm running into the whole "well I own most of these games already" Guess it's time to grind through some more.

News Comments > More Crytek Rumors
25. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 16:28 Linksil

ASeven wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 16:17:
I feel sorry for the employees but in the end, the higher ups made their bed and now they have to lie on it. Shame the rest of the guys get hit by the stupid decisions from management.

Problem is that the higher ups will end up with full packages and making a LOT of money, even if the company goes into bankruptcy. While the normal employee's are lucky to see a dime of pension or anything beyond showing up and not even being able to clean out their desks of personal things. Their beds are almost always soft and fluffy from the breaking of backs of the lower level people.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare Jun 24, 2014, 13:07 Linksil

I thought this was going to be a F2P with a in game shop. I guess it's P2P with an in game shop instead... *sigh*  

News Comments > DICE on Bad Company 3: "Wait and See"
14. Re: DICE on Bad Company 3: Jun 24, 2014, 12:05 Linksil

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 11:42:
Bad Company 2 had some really crappy and some really great maps, but all of them were sort of fun ;p

On BF4 I could say "fun" to maybe about 3 maps...

Well I played only Rush on BC2 and logged over 100 hours doing that. Things that made it fun:

Bug free (for the most part). Some people had problems, but well I didn't.
Maps had all the buildings destroyable. Added more options.
Maps had better flow. Yes some of them bottlenecked, but it was still fun to try and break.
In GAME server browser.
Weapons felt like they would kill people, then they did.
Single player was a rail with more freedom and enjoyable writing.
Steam instead of Origins. Not sure how much that matters.

I know I missed a few, but well that's the best my just woke up brain can handle.

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Jun 16, 2014, 22:49 Linksil

Nin: you can opt-out of the stupid Wifi thing... but you have to call in... and talk to about 3 level of upsales and other people before getting to the right place to do it. Then they'll keep trying to tell you that other people using your internet connection(router/modem) has NO effect on your speeds/connection. Oh wait we're going to charge you overages or slow down your connection because of usage... hmmmm.  

News Comments > Serious Sam 2 Replaces GameSpy with Steamworks
11. Re: Serious Sam 2 Replaces GameSpy with Steamworks Jun 14, 2014, 12:00 Linksil

I think the whole fov on widescreen was the reason I stopped playing this. I'll have to fire it up again... that and SS3 which I never got around to finishing.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2014, 11:15 Linksil

Prob still won't have a good app to just watch videos either.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Closed Beta Instant Access Now
13. Re: Battlefield Hardline Closed Beta Instant Access Now Jun 9, 2014, 18:35 Linksil

Played a bit of the beta... while I like the mod idea. People saying it's better then BF4 need to get their heads fixed. I noticed more net lag then BF4 at launch and well not even offering hardcore servers for the beta shows what they're targeting.  

News Comments > Dying Light E3 Trailer
3. Re: Dying Light E3 Trailer Jun 4, 2014, 14:07 Linksil

Wasn't this suppose to be out already?  

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X Announced
21. Re: MK Jun 3, 2014, 11:01 Linksil

X-Ray moves were put in the last game. It's kinda like big combos in street fighter games, but well it's MK so it needed to be graphic. They fit pretty well into the game and have ways of getting countered/blocked.

This Def looks like a "Hey this is what we're going to try to have them play as" level of graphics/interaction. Also from the desc it seems like they want a lot more of on online/MKworld type game. Here is to hoping they have a playable demo for E3.

I really liked MK9, but well I got stuck in the game because I only had a controller. Once I got a fight stick the enjoyment level shot way up.

News Comments > DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support
6. Re: DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support May 29, 2014, 09:51 Linksil

Why not just give out BF4 at this point? I mean you can still charge full price for the DLC that would have been made by fans in a few months vs the course of a year. I didn't look but did the BF3 free include the dlc that's required to play on the few servers that are left? I think what they mean by continued support for it is that they will work on patches until hardline is released and then just focus on that... I don't really see a company with this trackline offering up free content after the next game in a series has been released. Hell even just giving a proper SDK and let modders have fun with it is unthinkable now.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Videos
62. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 25, 2014, 23:49 Linksil

Batman: If it's 1 hour or 1 min, it doesn't matter, it's still gameplay that should have been included in the base game.

Does the steam version not launch uplay? Saving money is great, but one of the reasons I'm still not pulling the trigger is having to split games off from steam if I got it from GMG. I've had HORRIBLE luck with Uplay in the past on AC4 and other games.

58. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 25, 2014, 13:36 Linksil

I'm having a really really hard time with this one. While I want to preorder to get the whole game, I know I will stop after a few hours if the kb/m controls are even close to what people have been talking about in here and other threads. Then again they can fix controls pretty easy with patches... but they won't fix it because well most of the time other then DLC bugs just stay in release games.  

23. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 23, 2014, 13:40 Linksil

jomisab wrote on May 23, 2014, 11:34:
Was browsing Twitch last night and wandered into the GTA V channel. At the top of the list was somebody named "WatchDogz" or something to that effect. Anyway, I started watching, and it quickly became apparent they were streaming Watch Dogs. Probably watched for a half hour. Looks like fun.

Yea twitch sent out a nice warning and started banning people streaming it this morning. It's like you know you don't have a legit copy, but your going to try to stream it anyways?

News Comments > Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development?
39. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 23, 2014, 10:39 Linksil

They did this on purpose... it's a mislead. We're not getting HL3 but HL Ep3 instead! SO after X years of waiting we'll get another 4h slice to wet it up for the XXX years of waiting for HL3. While I'm glad valve isn't cranking out a HL game every year, I would like to see some forward progress in the story.  

News Comments > Darksiders "Not Dead"
12. Re: Darksiders May 12, 2014, 15:26 Linksil

This is on my backlog of games to get to. I will say that if a 3rd one comes out that's normally the time that I will chew through the first two.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
4. Re: Sunday Mobilization May 11, 2014, 21:45 Linksil

Sadly all that is said below will never happen with the way carriers are in the US. They can't even bother to bring us real 4g, let alone an uncapped anything on cell. My 3g unlimited will stay with me until I can get an Xg unlimited for the same pricing. So basically forever at this point.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Community Test Environment
7. Re: Battlefield 4 Community Test Environment May 8, 2014, 20:15 Linksil

Techie714 wrote on May 8, 2014, 18:42:
I would be ok with this if this game would be the only BF game we see for the next 4-5 years. But we all know that will not be the case, the next one will be out probably late 2015/2016. The time between BF2 and BF3 was substantial & gave the game time to mature & develop. These days they just churn one out every other year...

Problem is that you can't have a game mature & develop over time when you completely remove all mod and support from it.

517 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo