Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Linksil

Real Name Linksil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Linksil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2007, 04:54
Total Comments 521 (Apprentice)
User ID 45333

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Repopulation Kickstarter; March Testing Plans
3. Re: The Repopulation Kickstarter; March Testing Plans Dec 27, 2013, 23:24 Linksil

The way they're talking seems like this will be F2P MMO. With each reward level giving you "shop credit"  
Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Defiance Trial Goes Unlimited
2. Re: Defiance Trial Goes Unlimited Dec 21, 2013, 14:24 Linksil

Well season 2 of the show is coming... so I think they had to keep the game open as part of the agreement.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 15, 2013, 14:49 Linksil

I think it's meant to be $60. I remember seeing a few kickstarters that were saying get the game for xxx when it's going to be xxx at launch. This is in part kickstarter to make the backers not feel upset. (which is bullshit because you backed it knowing a sale on the game will happen) This people bitching about pricing is horrible... $60 is the normal cost for a game these days, just get over it. We're lucky the price of games hasn't followed inflation and gone up to over $100. Also this is in part the way consumers have been breed now, as they expect and won't buy things unless they're on "sale". This causes retail costs to be inflated to adjust for the sales. Look at amazon and you can see this in about 10 items(esp tv's).  

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth Trailer
2. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Trailer Dec 6, 2013, 22:24 Linksil

Yea, I lost interest in SP a long time ago... I do look back at eps every now and then when I see some article or mime about it. (like the black friday one) but It seems like I only really like 1-2 eps per season. That aside, i'm really looking forwards to the game and pray they don't screw it to all hell and back.

BTW what the HELL is with these teasers for trailers... PLEASE STOP.

News Comments > Black Friday Metaverse
4. Re: Black Friday Metaverse Nov 29, 2013, 13:43 Linksil

It's because when you sell it your not selling it to one person like a stock. You are selling .001% or less of a bitcoin at a time and it flows through the markets as such. Unlike real money there IS a limit on the amount of bitcoins that can be made. People are using it as a new barter system and the money value conversion seems more like a side effect.

I spent some time a while back looking into bit coins, but it never seemed worth the elec cost to work with making them. It's something that if you didn't start at the start you got screwed exponentially by new tech coming out. Also nvidia cards have always been bad at farming them.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Nov 24, 2013, 13:38 Linksil

Another reason to put off buying new consoles until the game makers/pubs realize we'ed rather have full games instead of drip feeding us parts of it over the course of a year+.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
26. Re: Into the Black Nov 20, 2013, 02:50 Linksil

I got this for free with my new 770 card (Batman origins and latest Splinter cell game also) Sadly I had to install uplay as they won't give you a steam key for AC4/SC, now uplay will download SC but won't download AC4. *sigh* guess i'll have to figure it out latter.  

News Comments > State of Decay DLC Next Week
9. Re: State of Decay DLC Next Week Nov 18, 2013, 04:37 Linksil

Yea, I also caught some of the twitch stream they did with the devs last week where they were talking about having 2-3 years worth of plans for the game and not just shelving it/making a sequel right off the bat. Also it's one of those dev teams that won't add something to the game unless they have fun with it and get it working right.  

4. Re: State of Decay DLC Next Week Nov 17, 2013, 15:36 Linksil

One other the reasons I got the game was the dev talking about this during an interview. Now there was a pile of zombies so it's hard to see a single character, but i'm pretty sure he was in there. I got the loot back he was carrying after I cleared them all out.

2. Re: State of Decay DLC Next Week Nov 17, 2013, 14:17 Linksil

It's been out for a year+ on Xbox 360 so you can kinda forgive them. The steam early access was mostly just to make sure the port was working and didn't change anything on the gameplay. Only thing broke I found was achievements that didn't register.

I love the gameplay in this for the survival aspects, but wish there was a bit more choices. (Why can I only carry one backpack of supplies and can't stockpile them way high) When my first character got cheap shoted into a infinite stun and died I was actually really sad. Even more sad when the next one I sent to the same area got their face bit off by the old character.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Nov 16, 2013, 00:19 Linksil

Yea i've still got BG1:EE on my long list of games to get through. Sooo many RPGs. I'll pick this up when it goes on winter sale. OMG it's only a month away!  

News Comments > The 7th Guest 3 Announced
2. Re: The 7th Guest 3 Announced Oct 31, 2013, 14:26 Linksil

I was thinking about getting these and replaying them. I don't even remember the story at all from my play through years and years ago.

Question: How do you pay for full video actors with only $435,000? I mean I know there's cheap ways to do it, but last I heard even renting the space/equipment is pretty expensive.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs
19. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs Oct 15, 2013, 16:38 Linksil

I really need to block out a weekend to play number 2 still... But i'm still excited about the third one. Very interested to see what they can do using only 64bit.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014
7. Re: Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014 Oct 15, 2013, 14:32 Linksil

Because they still force you to log into the stupid Uplay(Which keeps forgetting my password) every time you launch one of their games. Even from steam.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
8. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 14, 2013, 09:20 Linksil

Beamer wrote on Oct 13, 2013, 18:42:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 13, 2013, 18:06:
So you want a big fat mutant of a console with both PS3 and PS4 innards stuffed in there (not to mention a mark-up of ~50%)? Because that's what it would take to include backward-compatibility this time. Of all the gaps between generations, the one where they go x86 is making that feature particularly infeasible...

yup. The BC obsession drives me nuts. It would result in either a weaker console or higher price. In any case you pay for something you already own.

I go both ways on the BC argument. While I don't like having the cost thrown into a new console and don't use it much. We're seeing it with the whole PS1/2, were we still have games that you can play and enjoy and yet you can't play it because your console breaks and there is no way to fix it. I'd prefer if they would just allow real emulation software on the PC to play those old games or even make it based off dev kits. Since they don't want to support it(except through online stores that have no way to reg our old games we own, so we're paying for the same game twice or more times)

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 Outed?
9. Re: Resident Evil 7 Outed? Oct 13, 2013, 22:11 Linksil

I've only played a small amount of RE6. But from what I saw and heard from other people it was basically them trying out a bunch of ideas and seeing which one people liked best to make the full next game out of. So here's hoping they picked the right part.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt Begins
20. Re: Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt Begins Oct 13, 2013, 00:20 Linksil

Yea I don't have any of the DLC... didn't buy it when it was on sale because I hadn't even finished the normal game yet. Oh well.  

News Comments > First 5 Minutes of BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Trailered
9. Re: First 5 Minutes of BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Trailered Oct 8, 2013, 13:26 Linksil

Beelzebud wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 12:36:
Playing through Inifinte now, after getting it on sale. It seems weird that they don't know each other in this trailer, but I still have a ways to go on Infinite.

You'll understand why after the ending of the game. It makes sense to people with 1/4th a brain to think about it. I'm just more interested that they found a good way to tie it all together.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2013, 15:12 Linksil

Wash Washburne wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 14:31:
XCOM: Enemy Within for $29.99....no thank you. Greedy price hiking makes me sad a little inside.

Yea 30$ for exp is fine, i'm waiting until xmas sale just because I haven't had time to finish the first game. Keep getting distracted by other RPGs.

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2013, 14:29 Linksil

Same, even though I played my friends copy through. I guess i'll do it again some sick day to get the achievements.  

521 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo