Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Linksil

Real Name Linksil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Linksil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2007, 04:54
Total Comments 507 (Apprentice)
User ID 45333

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
8. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 14, 2013, 09:20 Linksil

Beamer wrote on Oct 13, 2013, 18:42:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 13, 2013, 18:06:
So you want a big fat mutant of a console with both PS3 and PS4 innards stuffed in there (not to mention a mark-up of ~50%)? Because that's what it would take to include backward-compatibility this time. Of all the gaps between generations, the one where they go x86 is making that feature particularly infeasible...

yup. The BC obsession drives me nuts. It would result in either a weaker console or higher price. In any case you pay for something you already own.

I go both ways on the BC argument. While I don't like having the cost thrown into a new console and don't use it much. We're seeing it with the whole PS1/2, were we still have games that you can play and enjoy and yet you can't play it because your console breaks and there is no way to fix it. I'd prefer if they would just allow real emulation software on the PC to play those old games or even make it based off dev kits. Since they don't want to support it(except through online stores that have no way to reg our old games we own, so we're paying for the same game twice or more times)

Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 Outed?
9. Re: Resident Evil 7 Outed? Oct 13, 2013, 22:11 Linksil

I've only played a small amount of RE6. But from what I saw and heard from other people it was basically them trying out a bunch of ideas and seeing which one people liked best to make the full next game out of. So here's hoping they picked the right part.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt Begins
20. Re: Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt Begins Oct 13, 2013, 00:20 Linksil

Yea I don't have any of the DLC... didn't buy it when it was on sale because I hadn't even finished the normal game yet. Oh well.  

News Comments > First 5 Minutes of BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Trailered
9. Re: First 5 Minutes of BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Trailered Oct 8, 2013, 13:26 Linksil

Beelzebud wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 12:36:
Playing through Inifinte now, after getting it on sale. It seems weird that they don't know each other in this trailer, but I still have a ways to go on Infinite.

You'll understand why after the ending of the game. It makes sense to people with 1/4th a brain to think about it. I'm just more interested that they found a good way to tie it all together.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2013, 15:12 Linksil

Wash Washburne wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 14:31:
XCOM: Enemy Within for $29.99....no thank you. Greedy price hiking makes me sad a little inside.

Yea 30$ for exp is fine, i'm waiting until xmas sale just because I haven't had time to finish the first game. Keep getting distracted by other RPGs.

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2013, 14:29 Linksil

Same, even though I played my friends copy through. I guess i'll do it again some sick day to get the achievements.  

News Comments > Terraria Patched
10. Re: Terraria Patched Oct 1, 2013, 11:44 Linksil

I agree that playing Terraria escalates a lot faster then Minecraft(Which I never got) and seems to approach crack levels. Also TB/Jesse (re)started their Terraria series, which I find almost if not more amusing then playing myself.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads
33. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Oct 1, 2013, 05:39 Linksil

Played one round... I need to pick out and order a 760 tomorrow. Not sure if it was frame rate or lag or what but the movement felt way off.  

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 29, 2013, 13:53 Linksil

Beelzebud wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 13:47:
I'm really starting to get tired of people trying to sell un-finished games. When the concept was new, and not many people did it, it didn't bug me, but now it seems like every other game that comes out isn't finished.

I was about to buy State of Decay until I noticed that it is not only a "work in progress" but that it only supports wired xbox 360 controllers. At least get keyboard and mouse working before you ask me for money on a PC platform...

Well I can tell you that keyboard works in State of Decay, it's just not everything is in there properly (I think one of the use keys or something dosen't work right) This is mainly the reason for the beta title and the use 360 controller on steam. It's a Beta port of a finished game. Gameplay wise I haven't had a problem with it. I do seem to be missing quiet a few hours from playing it though

News Comments > X Rebirth Trading Trailer
6. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 15:29 Linksil

OMG this trading system seems sooo much better. I remember playing X3 and just spending hours and hours praying that the system was better/faster. Others didn't have problems with it, but I always had problems setting up trade routes for my ships.  

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year
71. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 18, 2013, 04:59 Linksil

Krovven wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 17:07:
I have mixed feelings on this. They could have just got rid of the RMAH to start and left the GAH. They still would need to do something to give players a reason to get rid of old worthless loot instead of flooding the AH with crap or valueless items. ie: combining 3 old Rares to make 1 new item from Loot 2.0.

This is only going to drive some people to third party sites, which takes us back to the same problems that Diablo 2 had.

They will need to do "something" to allow players easy ways to sell/trade their gear that isn't based on a chat room.

I stopped playing D1 and D2 shortly after I finished the game on a few different characters because of this reason. With D3 I put way more time into it as I could trade and use the AH. Only used the RMAH latter to see a few things and pay for the game. I'd have no problem removing the RMAH, but the AH is a very nice setup that lets you trade safely in game. Without it I don't see myself playing much more.

Are they going to make it so support will help you now if you get ripped off in trade? I never did understand the gold cap on the AH also.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
10. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 18, 2013, 04:43 Linksil

At least they have a computer version on launch...  

News Comments > The Evil Within TGS Trailer
8. Re: The Evil Within TGS Trailer Sep 17, 2013, 14:12 Linksil

I think Saw and Suffering were rips off RE and a few other horror games to start with. So i'll take that as a good thing. Graphics seem fine to me, only thing I worry about is it getting too much action.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
30. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 17, 2013, 05:24 Linksil

I WILL Hold out for PC version... I think this is why twitch was made...  

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence?
17. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 15, 2013, 14:02 Linksil

Kajetan wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 13:27:
Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 11:51:
I can understand why they skip the PC at launch. In their minds it forces those who might pirate it on PC to purchase it on console (yes I know that console games can be pirated, I'm trying to look at it from a business perspective, that they're analyzing stats and seeing the piracy rates on PC).
If they really analyze something, they analyze shit. GTA5 is THE popular PS3 & 360 copy since three days. I guess, they just have to stop releasing on consoles, no?

The "piracy" argument is bull. Piracy has noting to do with a later release. Its all about focusing marketing efforts on the consoles, because thats the main market for the GTA series. Not because of lack of copies, but because of the size of the console market in the US.

You also have to remember how much money changes hands to make sure it STAYS on consoles first. MS and Sony throwing a few million or more at them to make sure it's delayed 6 months+ so it will sell even better(not just well) is always a very high prob. Oh and then the agreements they do to help fund the games so that it will come out on XXX system first.

News Comments > New Riddick Game Plans
18. Re: New Riddick Game Plans Sep 11, 2013, 15:48 Linksil

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 05:33:
Linksil wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 04:55:
Now I liked Elysium better then D9. Riddick movie was better then both by far though. Maybe it's because I loved the way Riddick is played ever since the first movie. But still I think it was just put together a lot better.

Same here, to me the 2 Riddick movies, Pitch Black and Chronicles were awesome. I loved them both and rank them extremely high. Chronicles particularly also has a STRIKING art direction that is unrivaled by any other sci-fi movie so far.

And hey, if there is Vin Diesel with Vin Diesel voice in a sci-fi movie there can go nothing wrong

My fiancee said the same thing about his voice overs. It just made a good part in the movie that much better. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a lot of movies have been lacking in quality of VO and cinematic's. Also loved the transition from the first and second half of the film and subtle shift in perspective.

News Comments > New Riddick Game Plans
10. Re: New Riddick Game Plans Sep 11, 2013, 04:55 Linksil

Now I liked Elysium better then D9. Riddick movie was better then both by far though. Maybe it's because I loved the way Riddick is played ever since the first movie. But still I think it was just put together a lot better.  

News Comments > Space Engineers Announced
4. Re: Space Engineers Announced Sep 9, 2013, 15:07 Linksil

Well I picked up miner wars on one of the insane steam sales... have yet to play around with it. This seems like the game that I was expecting though. Not really sure what to think, except it's a step in the right direction?  

News Comments > The Evil Within Trailer
1. Re: The Evil Within Trailer Sep 9, 2013, 11:48 Linksil

This looks a lot better then the first video they released for this. Also gives us some context as to what you'll be playing not just bloody/horror.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 11:59 Linksil

Verno: I picked up the wired gamestop xbox controller and haven't had a problem with it. Was 15-20$ vs $50 for the MS one.  

507 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo