Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Linksil

Real Name Linksil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Linksil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2007, 04:54
Total Comments 526 (Apprentice)
User ID 45333

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > MS Buys Gears of War, Hires Rod Fergusson
9. Re: MS Buys Gears of War, Hires Rod Fergusson Jan 27, 2014, 12:33 Linksil

4 months as a producer is just enough time to get your name on the box and not much else. I mean you can help during crunch, but if your changing the game/vision that late you've got a POS. I liked the Gears storylines, but by the third game it seemed way too played out. I think this is a great thing for epic as they can go onto the next franchise with a nice amount of cash from the sale.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jan 24, 2014, 11:54 Linksil

I've been on the fence about getting this. I loved the old M&M games 1-6 before heroes. But the games backlog is so high I don't know if I can afford that much time commitment.  

News Comments > Resident Evil 4 SD & HD Comparison
9. Re: Resident Evil 4 SD & HD Comparison Jan 24, 2014, 11:45 Linksil

Okay, the textures look a bit better... although I do like the old boards one better. Mostly because it makes it look okay, where with the sharper textures all I see is the squareness of all the objects. See HD dosn't mean you just use high res textures. It means you would go back and add more polys to the models to make everything smoother WITH the new textures so they don't look more out of place.

Ohh yea, I love how the tree is updated, but the fence to the side of it isn't. I'm sure after the coffee kicks in I might find more.

News Comments > EA Paying for YouTube Love
12. Re: EA Paying for YouTube Love Jan 22, 2014, 11:33 Linksil

Looking at the other side here: Without knowing the exact clause it's hard to say if it's as horrible as we all assume. I mean it could be the warning/clause is meant so they don't disclose the amount they're getting paid. Which I think is perfectly fine, since they can still say that the review is sponsored by EA and be in FTC guidelines... I think. Maybe the warning was just so that they can pay 10$ to one guy and 15$ to another and they are trying to avoid the 10$ guy from finding out he's being underpaid. Either way it's kinda shady, but it's like a film critic getting free tickets to a movie, vs the one that get's all his snacks paid for in addition.  

News Comments > Resident Evil 4 HD Next Month
5. Re: Resident Evil 4 HD Next Month Jan 21, 2014, 12:21 Linksil

Looks like a good game for when the 75-90% Steam sale rolls around. I kinda miss playing this on gamecube, but not enough to drop 20$ right away.

On the topic: I think HD is the same as Broadband. Every company defines it differently.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2014, 00:20 Linksil

1badmf wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 23:01:
how do you figure that? as far as i could tell every call was correct except the bowman fumble recovery (OUCH! man they replayed that wayyyyyy too much. the bar cringed every time.) even that didn't matter since the niners got the ball back without giving up a score.

Biggest one off the top of my head was the kicker penalty that was miscalled and would have given the 49's the ball back with a whole new set of downs and 15 yards. Also there was a few times in the first 1/2 where they didn't call anything against the seahawks defenders, while calling the same things against the niners. It's really bad when FOX is saying that it should have been called but it wasn't.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 19, 2014, 17:37 Linksil

nin wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 13:31:
Went through my steam list last night, trying to organize into what I'd not played/favorites/replays/etc...holy fuck, am I behind! My "new/unplayed" list is over 100...

I'm right up there with you... I wish there was a way to sort the games better. Like Games you want to play and order you want to play them, online games(that never end), etc.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
15. Re: TimeLines: Assault On America Preorders Jan 19, 2014, 14:53 Linksil

Task: You do realize that they don't choose who get's those searches all the time. They have some people that it's a code on the ticket for random bag/patdown/full body scanner searches. The other thing is they get a good 30 seconds of less to look at your xray.(Under 15 sec is preferred) So they would rather just open up your bag and double check if they can't see something or it's fuzzy to keep the lines moving. While I don't agree with a lot of the TSA choices, I see how them trying and pretending to try helps a lot of people while flying. There is no reason to be angry or embarrassed by them looking in your bag.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 18, 2014, 14:44 Linksil

Am I the only one that was reading this in the morning and thought "wow 3yo's are playing quake3 on their ipads?"  

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode Coming
12. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 13, 2014, 10:20 Linksil

Soooo it's been a year+(Can't remember when this came out officially) to get the game features to equal Simcity 1???  

News Comments > Rambo Trailer; Game Release Next Month?
6. Re: Rambo Trailer; Game Release Next Month? Jan 10, 2014, 12:39 Linksil

Is it just me or was it the same machine gun sound for all the guns? Not even a good one either...  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: XBOX Sign Out Jan 9, 2014, 11:36 Linksil

Yea, where there's a voice command there's a troll to abuse it. Although it was really amusing with some of the reactions. I don't have a Xbone yet, but from what I understand it needs to be you saying it(same voice that turned on the system), so you can't just play it over speakers to log out people remotely.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
3. Re: I read sept 3 and think Rome II Jan 7, 2014, 13:13 Linksil

I checked GeForce exp about 30 mins before this announcement and nothing. Now the servers seem to be stressed to all hell as it won't connect. We shall see how they do once I get them...  

News Comments > SOE Considering Unified Subscriptions
4. Re: SOE Considering Unified Subscriptions Jan 7, 2014, 13:10 Linksil

I'm sorry, but didn't we ask for this like 5-10 years ago? Also doesn't getting 1 item of each game hurt this more then just giving SC and letting us choose which game we play it in? Or is this just to make people feel like they have to try the other games and then SOE can claim more users in each... That being said I'd still have to see how much benefit you get from it, but 15$ is a nice starting point.  

News Comments > Steam Machines Announcement
5. Re: Steam Machines Announcement Jan 6, 2014, 22:22 Linksil

Can you still plug a keyboard and mouse into these? If not that's a big pass...  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 5, 2014, 15:34 Linksil

Beamer wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 15:31:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 15:25:
I'm glad to see X-Com getting some more love too. They had Enemy Unknown for under ten dollars and Enemy Within was only ten. As it stands it is the best TBS at the moment in my opinion. I've got over one hundred hours in the game now and I'm already planning my next replay. Love the new MECs. And I pray they are already planning the next expansion or the sequel.

I was talking to a guy from Valve on NYE. He said he's been talking to Firaxis a ton about their new game. He wouldn't say if it's another XCOM, but said it's the same team and, after seeing how the community responded and managed to mod a game not made for modding, they'll work hard to make sure the new one is very moddable.

Always glad to hear them talking about adding modding into games because they realize people still want to do this. Sadly I just picked up XCOM:EW and i'm not sure when i'll get around to playing it with all the other games to finish.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 14:47 Linksil

I'm kinda sorry I even wasted my time reading this. I mean it's just a page+ about how they want a game that lets you walk onto your starship and then start flying it. But if you don't like the hassle of flying you can fast travel. Oh yea and this is something space fans (rpg or not) have been asking/dreaming of for the last 10+ years. I guess because you throw in bioware's name it lends credit that it might happen? Then again I still consider Mass Effect more of a 3rd person shooter with a good story then an RPG.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 3, 2014, 13:03 Linksil

Disc free might be interesting. Sometime way in the future when we all have flying cars and brain implants. But yea to consider it now just shows they have no clue about their own console market. Even after it blew up at them. Also I don't think they'ed want to make the console even more expensive by putting in 1-2 TB drives running at 7200rpm.  

News Comments > Steam, Origin DDoSed?
23. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 13:00 Linksil

People do it, because they can, on the internet. That's been a long rule, and when your the biggest at what you do, people target you just because. There's no justifiable reason behind this mess.

What makes me more sad is how you read more and more articles about spying/limiting/arguing over the internet usage in country's. But they never try to actually use those to stop things like this and find justice for the normal consumer.

News Comments > Steam, Origin DDoSed?
14. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 12:20 Linksil

Yea, not being able to sell off the last of the winter cards before they disappear is annoying.  

526 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo