Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Linksil

Real Name Linksil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Linksil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2007, 04:54
Total Comments 517 (Apprentice)
User ID 45333

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode Coming
12. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 13, 2014, 10:20 Linksil

Soooo it's been a year+(Can't remember when this came out officially) to get the game features to equal Simcity 1???  
Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rambo Trailer; Game Release Next Month?
6. Re: Rambo Trailer; Game Release Next Month? Jan 10, 2014, 12:39 Linksil

Is it just me or was it the same machine gun sound for all the guns? Not even a good one either...  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: XBOX Sign Out Jan 9, 2014, 11:36 Linksil

Yea, where there's a voice command there's a troll to abuse it. Although it was really amusing with some of the reactions. I don't have a Xbone yet, but from what I understand it needs to be you saying it(same voice that turned on the system), so you can't just play it over speakers to log out people remotely.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
3. Re: I read sept 3 and think Rome II Jan 7, 2014, 13:13 Linksil

I checked GeForce exp about 30 mins before this announcement and nothing. Now the servers seem to be stressed to all hell as it won't connect. We shall see how they do once I get them...  

News Comments > SOE Considering Unified Subscriptions
4. Re: SOE Considering Unified Subscriptions Jan 7, 2014, 13:10 Linksil

I'm sorry, but didn't we ask for this like 5-10 years ago? Also doesn't getting 1 item of each game hurt this more then just giving SC and letting us choose which game we play it in? Or is this just to make people feel like they have to try the other games and then SOE can claim more users in each... That being said I'd still have to see how much benefit you get from it, but 15$ is a nice starting point.  

News Comments > Steam Machines Announcement
5. Re: Steam Machines Announcement Jan 6, 2014, 22:22 Linksil

Can you still plug a keyboard and mouse into these? If not that's a big pass...  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 5, 2014, 15:34 Linksil

Beamer wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 15:31:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 15:25:
I'm glad to see X-Com getting some more love too. They had Enemy Unknown for under ten dollars and Enemy Within was only ten. As it stands it is the best TBS at the moment in my opinion. I've got over one hundred hours in the game now and I'm already planning my next replay. Love the new MECs. And I pray they are already planning the next expansion or the sequel.

I was talking to a guy from Valve on NYE. He said he's been talking to Firaxis a ton about their new game. He wouldn't say if it's another XCOM, but said it's the same team and, after seeing how the community responded and managed to mod a game not made for modding, they'll work hard to make sure the new one is very moddable.

Always glad to hear them talking about adding modding into games because they realize people still want to do this. Sadly I just picked up XCOM:EW and i'm not sure when i'll get around to playing it with all the other games to finish.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 14:47 Linksil

I'm kinda sorry I even wasted my time reading this. I mean it's just a page+ about how they want a game that lets you walk onto your starship and then start flying it. But if you don't like the hassle of flying you can fast travel. Oh yea and this is something space fans (rpg or not) have been asking/dreaming of for the last 10+ years. I guess because you throw in bioware's name it lends credit that it might happen? Then again I still consider Mass Effect more of a 3rd person shooter with a good story then an RPG.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 3, 2014, 13:03 Linksil

Disc free might be interesting. Sometime way in the future when we all have flying cars and brain implants. But yea to consider it now just shows they have no clue about their own console market. Even after it blew up at them. Also I don't think they'ed want to make the console even more expensive by putting in 1-2 TB drives running at 7200rpm.  

News Comments > Steam, Origin DDoSed?
23. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 13:00 Linksil

People do it, because they can, on the internet. That's been a long rule, and when your the biggest at what you do, people target you just because. There's no justifiable reason behind this mess.

What makes me more sad is how you read more and more articles about spying/limiting/arguing over the internet usage in country's. But they never try to actually use those to stop things like this and find justice for the normal consumer.

News Comments > Steam, Origin DDoSed?
14. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 12:20 Linksil

Yea, not being able to sell off the last of the winter cards before they disappear is annoying.  

News Comments > On Sale (1)
26. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 14:32 Linksil

Krovven wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:11:
siapnar wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:03:
Is Natural Selection II worth it? Looks like an interesting concept and it's visually appealing, but I could maybe see it getting old, fast..

Not for $21. It's been a fraction of that price before. Personally I couldn't get into the game, but it also runs like crap on my machine, so my patience with it was thin.

NS2 is a very fun game with a nice community. I wish I had more time to play it, but I have been focusing on single player games this winter. Optimization is a mixed bag because some builds run a lot better then others, but in general it's been getting better and better with each one. Only problem with it is there is NO single player option(see bots).

News Comments > On Sale (1)
3. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 12:17 Linksil

With so many games i'm waiting for more eps to come out. I know with season one I got more annoyed having to wait and forgetting what was happening/character investment didn't seem as deep until playing it all the way through.  

News Comments > On Sniping in Titanfall
14. Re: On Sniping in Titanfall Jan 1, 2014, 12:13 Linksil

Honestly I've always hated quick scoping in games. I think it's because it is basically removing the only down side of the sniper weapons. If you want a weapon like that you just put a rail gun into your game. I've always thought just making it so the cross hair isn't 100% accurate from the out of zoom to in zoom is the best way to do it. Having a moving scope(key to hold breath) doesn't usually work because of the speed of quick scoping the waving isn't working as they fire. While i'm rambling on... I did love the tribes way, were you have to charge your shot to get 100% damage after you zoom in.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Clan War Tomorrow
2. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Clan War Tomorrow Dec 31, 2013, 21:32 Linksil

When you have to have a APP installed (I think it's a phone one) to keep track of all your clan stuff in game... you've lost me as a customer/person that cares about playing it at all.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 29, 2013, 21:14 Linksil

Awww they won't be able to watch the Street fighter movie!!! (First one) I am kinda shocked at a few titles on the list, but yea this happening to a lot of them just saved a lot of time for a lot of lucky people that haven't seen these movies.  

News Comments > The Repopulation Kickstarter; March Testing Plans
3. Re: The Repopulation Kickstarter; March Testing Plans Dec 27, 2013, 23:24 Linksil

The way they're talking seems like this will be F2P MMO. With each reward level giving you "shop credit"  

News Comments > Defiance Trial Goes Unlimited
2. Re: Defiance Trial Goes Unlimited Dec 21, 2013, 14:24 Linksil

Well season 2 of the show is coming... so I think they had to keep the game open as part of the agreement.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 15, 2013, 14:49 Linksil

I think it's meant to be $60. I remember seeing a few kickstarters that were saying get the game for xxx when it's going to be xxx at launch. This is in part kickstarter to make the backers not feel upset. (which is bullshit because you backed it knowing a sale on the game will happen) This people bitching about pricing is horrible... $60 is the normal cost for a game these days, just get over it. We're lucky the price of games hasn't followed inflation and gone up to over $100. Also this is in part the way consumers have been breed now, as they expect and won't buy things unless they're on "sale". This causes retail costs to be inflated to adjust for the sales. Look at amazon and you can see this in about 10 items(esp tv's).  

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth Trailer
2. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Trailer Dec 6, 2013, 22:24 Linksil

Yea, I lost interest in SP a long time ago... I do look back at eps every now and then when I see some article or mime about it. (like the black friday one) but It seems like I only really like 1-2 eps per season. That aside, i'm really looking forwards to the game and pray they don't screw it to all hell and back.

BTW what the HELL is with these teasers for trailers... PLEASE STOP.

517 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo