Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Linksil

Real Name Linksil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Linksil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2007, 04:54
Total Comments 526 (Apprentice)
User ID 45333

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 19, 2014, 11:28 Linksil

Didn't play either of the first two games. Planning on picking up Second Son as my first PS4 game.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video
10. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video Feb 19, 2014, 11:26 Linksil

InBlack wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 10:54:
Yeah, and once you figure the handful of skills that work (most are useless) its going to be boring as hell grinding for boring gear that adds a damage modifier to your spell...Unless you play hardcore. That would be a little less boring, but a little more frustrating.

This isn't quiet true. I mean all these Action/grind games are the same. You spend hours upon hours killing guys in hope of getting better gear and being able to kill them faster. IF it's boring is totally up to each person playing it. Some people don't like these play styles, some do. What's annoying about the exp(As far as I can tell) is that you HAVE to spend the hours and hours and hours grinding. You can't really trade like you did in the core game(AH removal) and they're making a LOT of things bind on account without giving you extra storage space. So if you don't spend the time trying to get drops you have no way to advance your characters. People complain about the AH ruining the game, but I can tell you I stopped playing D2 a lot sooner because there was no secure way to trade in game.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video
2. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video Feb 19, 2014, 10:04 Linksil

Kinda... in the the current game. In the exp pack it is easier. Even my lower damage characters are running 150k-200k dps a few months back when I was playing it. One thing you have to realize is every hit hitting as hard as the video isn't the norm. This is some of the top geared/played characters in the world for the game playing with him. Also the monsters have exponential growth of HP in torment(diff they're playing on) so you kinda need those damage numbers to be able to kill them in a descent amount of time.  

News Comments > Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit
5. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 18, 2014, 19:56 Linksil

Cutter wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 19:48:
What do you expect from console games from console developers? And really people need to buy weapon unlocks? Lol so glad I don't contribute to this bullshit.

You don't have to buy the unlocks at all... this just makes it so you don't have to play a few hours on a pistol only server.

Onto Titanfall... the DEMO is okay(Not a beta... maybe a stress test), but no matter how much people say it's not like COD, the more I played of it, the more it just felt like what BO2 or ghosts should have been. It's a console title through and through. Too bad it's not even close to a next gen console title even. Everything looks pretty... until you stop to look at it. Textures are bad, effects are only good in mass, sound is okay, but still feels lacking, no destruction. I mean Shogo did this game back in 1998 with the lithtech engine. The only thing more we have is extra fake foliage.

News Comments > Dark Souls II Early Unlocks
2. Re: Dark Souls II Early Unlocks Feb 12, 2014, 11:42 Linksil

I guess it's time to play through the first one.  

News Comments > Evolve Trailer; Previews; Interview
12. Re: Evolve Trailer; Previews; Interview Feb 11, 2014, 11:22 Linksil

Task wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 11:00:
Here is the gameplay footage.

That gameplay footage does look interesting. It's like a more action packed version of what I thought aliens MP was going to be a long time ago. I think the DLC options are going to make or break this game. I can even see them going DOTA2 route and being F2P with just having to buy lots of extra hunters/monsters. I also see this route as a failure.

News Comments > Path of Exile Mini-Expansion Next Month
2. Re: Path of Exile Mini-Expansion Next Month Feb 11, 2014, 10:57 Linksil

I still have to try this game... I just have a feeling I will dump way too much time into it.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 10, 2014, 19:47 Linksil

Let the PC players into this and watch the controllers get destroyed. I hate it when they call a world championship of a game... yet they only allow 1/3rd the systems the games on to participate.  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
11. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 10, 2014, 11:14 Linksil

Task wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 10:35:
Also everyone is saying this is going to F2P, I'm sure it will. But what I don't get is people saying that it would be BETTER as a F2P, but how?

Why would I play an Elder Scrolls game where better gear or something is locked behind microtransactions? I'm sick of the F2P model in games, I really am, I hope it dies out completely in the game industry. That's why I enjoy games like Eve, I pay montly for 1 or 2 months than stop subscription when I don't want to play.

It's because it's not that the game will be better, it's that the game isn't worth paying $15 a month. Also you can have F2P that doesn't lock things totally behind a paywall. You lock things like extra character slots, extra bank space, extra appearance options. Extra being the key word here... then also pay for exp packs. There's at least 5 F2P MMO's in beta or just launched that do everything ESO does, but have better animation, look, feel, combat, connection, skills, etc. The game as it stands right now is at least 1 year of polish and a reword on a few major key systems away from anything that wants to be monthly sub.

News Comments > Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever)
15. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 11:07 Linksil

Playing through the entire game, the only problem this affects is the people going for 100% completion. You only play as Deathstroke in the training sims that are 100% optional and honestly I didn't even know existed until I was looking around a menu and realized I was missing one unlock because I didn't go do the batman part of them.  

News Comments > Evolve Teases Tuesday Reveal
4. Re: Evolve Teases Tuesday Reveal Feb 9, 2014, 20:47 Linksil

Please... please... make 2014 the year that we stop teasing teasers/reveals/ads/etc.  

News Comments > Dying Light Tease
15. Re: Dying Light Tease Feb 8, 2014, 17:36 Linksil

I didn't realize this game was so close to release.  

News Comments > Child of Light in April
5. Re: Child of Light in April Feb 8, 2014, 17:19 Linksil

I wonder if this will play better on the WiiU with the gamepad or if they'll just squander it because of porting.  

News Comments > Sledgehammer Gets Its Own CoD Title
12. Re: Sledgehammer Gets Its Own CoD Title Feb 7, 2014, 09:56 Linksil

I know for me, loading up a lets play and seeing the campaign as finished at a bit under 3 hours kinda killed any hope of buying it for me. Also having the PC version get a measly 18% off on the steam sale, when the xbox/ps3 versions where $30 during the holidays didn't help. Like a huge slap to PC gamer's faces.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $38M
7. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 21:48 Linksil

I did kickstart this way back at the start. It seems to me the game has changed about a dozen times since then and keeps getting more and more added to it. I didn't spend a lot on the kickstarter, but with every bluesnews post about it I can't help but think it's going to be that much longer until I get the game. Also seems like it's getting more and more P2P/W.  

News Comments > Stick of Truth Sticks it to Uplay; Preorders Underway
12. Re: Stick of Truth Sticks it to Uplay; Preorders Underway Feb 5, 2014, 12:00 Linksil

While I don't really hate the service... when the only way to install AC4:BF was to uninstall Uplay and then reinstall it, thus deleting all my games and saves, it's kinda strange and broken. Something about a drive with 200gigs free not having enough space until I removed the client.  

News Comments > More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites
14. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 5, 2014, 02:38 Linksil

Yea I've been doing mmo/game alpha/beta tests for too many years. I have ground through a lot of bad MMO levels/stages/tests. I don't think I even made it to level 5 in ESO before I was wondering what I wanted to play on my steam backlog next. I found a lot of F2P mmo's (Aura kingdoms being the latest and it's beta too) that just have better flow/pacing and entertainment factors. If you played any mmo and skyrim in the last 5 years you've already played ESO.  

News Comments > ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic
4. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 18:30 Linksil

Jivaro wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 18:28:
I know I am in the minority here, but I am currently a fan of the game based on my latest experience in the beta. After my first weekend I was a bit disappointed but I have found it more entertaining the more time I have had with it. I dig the trailer, they did a nice job with it. I am disappointed that they are choosing to put something like a "race" in a CE. I don't think that is a very well thought out decision.

Played through all the beta weekends. Maybe I have played too many MMO's but it's more of the same and not greatly done. The world does not even grip me enough to think about buying then paying for this.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 28, 2014, 22:25 Linksil

Sooo many PS2 RPGS I want to go replay, if this happens, the hardest part will be getting them onto PSN.  

News Comments > Starbound Patch "Hopefully" Wipes Out Wipes
3. Re: Starbound Patch Jan 27, 2014, 18:02 Linksil

Well they did this patch and gave us a nice heads up before it was happening so that it wouldn't need wipes in the future. I think most of the basics are in there and the list of stuff they want to add is almost like an expansion pack listing. One of the better ways to do early access vs random updates or lack there of.  

526 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo