Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Linksil

Real Name Linksil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Linksil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2007, 04:54
Total Comments 538 (Apprentice)
User ID 45333

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending
5. Re: Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending Feb 24, 2014, 21:15 Linksil

Yea it condenses the mats, but also almost everything that's worth crafting uses all new mats from what I have seen. Also you get the highest current level gems as normal drops in the 61-70 content. This means all the gems you got now are useless come exp. Everyone in the beta said it's good to keep one or two stacks of a mat, but more then that isn't worth it since like you said you'll be replacing most of gear very fast. Golds needed for enchanting(switching stats on new gear) and Transmutation... so everyone seems to suggest selling it all off now before you can't.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending
2. Re: Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending Feb 24, 2014, 19:04 Linksil

I'm just trying to get rid of all my old extra gear/1000's of crafting mats I have. Since it seems like gold is the only really useful thing to transfer over. Well and a few limited items.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 24, 2014, 13:55 Linksil

Verno wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 12:17:
I can't understand what they were thinking at Netflix doing this. Even getting preferential CDN placement and all that is going to pale in comparison to what they're going to demand over time. You let them get a foot in the door, big mistake.

It's because normal people(most of their clients) are blaming Netflix NOT their ISP. They call their ISP and say hey I can't get XXX download at the speed i'm paying for, and the ISP says "Well we just ran a 15 sec test and your getting those speeds from your house to us. (Leaving out that's all they're paying for not real net access at all speeds. Which requires the ISP's to constantly upgrade and work on their backbones) So they blame Netflix for not sending the data fast enough. Sadly, no amount of facts will stop this from happening and even net neutrality doesn't help because they just can refuse to upgrade/turn them on like in the past. It's a PR war and the shitty POS isp's are winning.

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
20. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 13:03 Linksil

Dagnamit wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 12:16:
The RPS review is strange. The reviewer calls it, "bloody good" and then proceeds to rip it to shreds, pretty much calling every element mediocre. more than the sum of its parts? Is that even possible in a game?

Yea that is really strange to me, but i've seen games like it before. Lots of flaws, but even with all of them it's still fun to play. Even says he couldn't understand why he was still having fun playing the game. I think without the "thief" name it would have reviewed higher in a lot of places, but still ends up being a run of the mill console game.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 24, 2014, 12:03 Linksil

Maybe It's because I didn't both buying it until the extra special platinum premium edition came out with everything unlocked on one disk. But isn't it early to be shutting down all the online services? I can't even remember if it's all on the disk or had to be downloaded too.  

News Comments > Free Thief Gold With Thief Mod Contest Entries
21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2014, 16:15 Linksil

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 22:31:
Out of keys again.

They just got more keys in... so grab it while you can.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Free Weekend
7. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Free Weekend Feb 20, 2014, 20:04 Linksil

The console version was 50% off within weeks of it going on sale(Black Friday) and we had to wait 6 months for it to happen? Still not enough to get me to buy it, esp if you need to buy the season pass to make the multi player playable. Hell... I just figured out it will take longer to DOWNLOAD the game then it will to play through the single player campaign for most people in the US.  

News Comments > Square Enix on More PC FINAL FANTASY
8. Re: Square Enix on More PC FINAL FANTASY Feb 20, 2014, 13:49 Linksil

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 12:11:
Stop talking about it and DO it.

Sadly I think this means they are going to bring the NEW games to the PC instead of trying to waste manpower on porting old games.

News Comments > Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month
34. Re: Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month Feb 19, 2014, 19:48 Linksil

Krovven wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 16:10:
If that's what you think, log into the PTR and try it out for yourself. Or do you even own the game to even make a judgement without pure speculation?

The game on the PTR is the best it has been. Getting your own loot is worth it.

I do own the game, and I will get the exp. I'd rather not waste my limited gaming time on the PTR getting stuff that will just get wiped and changed once the game comes out in a month(less?). I've said in the past I haven't kept 100% up to date with the latest builds, but from what I have seen and read about on news sites, this exp pack seems like a step in the wrong direction. BOA items have no place in Diablo or any game like this. Going from 100% open trading to having to find everything yourself is a step in the very wrong direction. Yes these game types are about killing and finding loot yourself... but they're also about trading and sharing loot with friends. Look at this clan feature of showing loot that drops for your friends, but OH WAIT you can't trade it if they're not using it and you need it for an upgrade. Or wait they upgraded their last piece, so you can't trade for their old one because they were using it! To each his own, but i'd rather not have to get every piece of every loot for every one of my characters to try out. Please tell me i'm wrong... but from everything I have been reading about the exp pack i'm not.

21. Re: Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month Feb 19, 2014, 16:03 Linksil

Krovven wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 15:55:
descender wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 12:03:
Now they'll have people trading items/gold for real money through third party websites and such, and people will get scammed like crazy.

Yea, no. Legendaries are bind on account and other items become bind on account once you enchant them.

Which is why I think Diablo 3 without being able to trade is going to be a lot worse then Diablo 3 with an AH.

13. Re: Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month Feb 19, 2014, 12:46 Linksil

descender wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 12:41:
only used it as extra AH storage

That's something I didn't even think of... the AH essentially acted as an infinitely large inventory. I bet a lot of current players are going to have to delete tons of items that they won't have space for anymore. I better go log in to my account before they close the AH :/

Sadly you can only use it for 50 items. But when all your in game characters are full it helped.

11. Re: Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month Feb 19, 2014, 12:38 Linksil

And here I thought I was one of the few people sad to see the AH removed. Personally I played a lot more because I had a secure way to trade/value items. I just ignored the RMAH for a long time, and only used it as extra AH storage/made enough to pay for exp pack. Maybe blizzard is removing it because players made too much from it? Also I know they didn't like having to deal with people that complained about the AH ripping them off or trying to scam it.(A lot more people do this with the RMAH involved)

What I really don't like is how info on the transition and how things are going to be handled is being withheld until the last min. I know they don't want people swarming the AH for those choice items at the last min, but still RoS seems like they want you hunting alone and not in a group of friends.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 19, 2014, 11:28 Linksil

Didn't play either of the first two games. Planning on picking up Second Son as my first PS4 game.  

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video
10. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video Feb 19, 2014, 11:26 Linksil

InBlack wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 10:54:
Yeah, and once you figure the handful of skills that work (most are useless) its going to be boring as hell grinding for boring gear that adds a damage modifier to your spell...Unless you play hardcore. That would be a little less boring, but a little more frustrating.

This isn't quiet true. I mean all these Action/grind games are the same. You spend hours upon hours killing guys in hope of getting better gear and being able to kill them faster. IF it's boring is totally up to each person playing it. Some people don't like these play styles, some do. What's annoying about the exp(As far as I can tell) is that you HAVE to spend the hours and hours and hours grinding. You can't really trade like you did in the core game(AH removal) and they're making a LOT of things bind on account without giving you extra storage space. So if you don't spend the time trying to get drops you have no way to advance your characters. People complain about the AH ruining the game, but I can tell you I stopped playing D2 a lot sooner because there was no secure way to trade in game.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video
2. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video Feb 19, 2014, 10:04 Linksil

Kinda... in the the current game. In the exp pack it is easier. Even my lower damage characters are running 150k-200k dps a few months back when I was playing it. One thing you have to realize is every hit hitting as hard as the video isn't the norm. This is some of the top geared/played characters in the world for the game playing with him. Also the monsters have exponential growth of HP in torment(diff they're playing on) so you kinda need those damage numbers to be able to kill them in a descent amount of time.  

News Comments > Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit
5. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 18, 2014, 19:56 Linksil

Cutter wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 19:48:
What do you expect from console games from console developers? And really people need to buy weapon unlocks? Lol so glad I don't contribute to this bullshit.

You don't have to buy the unlocks at all... this just makes it so you don't have to play a few hours on a pistol only server.

Onto Titanfall... the DEMO is okay(Not a beta... maybe a stress test), but no matter how much people say it's not like COD, the more I played of it, the more it just felt like what BO2 or ghosts should have been. It's a console title through and through. Too bad it's not even close to a next gen console title even. Everything looks pretty... until you stop to look at it. Textures are bad, effects are only good in mass, sound is okay, but still feels lacking, no destruction. I mean Shogo did this game back in 1998 with the lithtech engine. The only thing more we have is extra fake foliage.

News Comments > Dark Souls II Early Unlocks
2. Re: Dark Souls II Early Unlocks Feb 12, 2014, 11:42 Linksil

I guess it's time to play through the first one.  

News Comments > Evolve Trailer; Previews; Interview
12. Re: Evolve Trailer; Previews; Interview Feb 11, 2014, 11:22 Linksil

Task wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 11:00:
Here is the gameplay footage.

That gameplay footage does look interesting. It's like a more action packed version of what I thought aliens MP was going to be a long time ago. I think the DLC options are going to make or break this game. I can even see them going DOTA2 route and being F2P with just having to buy lots of extra hunters/monsters. I also see this route as a failure.

News Comments > Path of Exile Mini-Expansion Next Month
2. Re: Path of Exile Mini-Expansion Next Month Feb 11, 2014, 10:57 Linksil

I still have to try this game... I just have a feeling I will dump way too much time into it.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 10, 2014, 19:47 Linksil

Let the PC players into this and watch the controllers get destroyed. I hate it when they call a world championship of a game... yet they only allow 1/3rd the systems the games on to participate.  

538 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo