Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Linksil

Real Name Linksil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Linksil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 15, 2007, 04:54
Total Comments 600 (Apprentice)
User ID 45333

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend
3. Re: Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend Aug 13, 2015, 18:35 Linksil

I was waiting for a 75% off sale after the bad reviews. But this is tempting.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Itís been confirmed: competitive Call of Duty is ditching Xbox one for PS4 Aug 6, 2015, 13:16 Linksil

Yea the whole limiting to one system makes sense from a competition... but why not limit it to the most powerful system(PC)? Oh wait there's a lot of background money going around. If we're talking about esports most of it is on PC and it always seemed strange to me that COD jumped off so quick.  

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Teaser Video
2. Re: Mirror's Edge Teaser Video Aug 4, 2015, 14:27 Linksil

Forcing a sub to see a promo video really puts me off. God I hope this game turns out good.  

News Comments > ZOMBI Announced
4. Re: ZOMBI Announced Jul 30, 2015, 20:22 Linksil

All I remember about this game is not playing it much due to needing to play it during the middle of the night when there was no light because everything was dark, dark, dark. Not even the good dark. Yet it was still fun...  

News Comments > PC Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Next Month; Specs
1. Re: PC Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Next Month; Specs Jul 28, 2015, 11:43 Linksil

I still have a lot of the PS4 version to do... let alone the last few ports have not been great. What about FF13-3?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 27, 2015, 13:14 Linksil

This Keyboard seems to be missing 2 rows of buttons to even make it viable. I tried using something like this a while back that had 3 rows instead of the 2 and it just didn't work well. Missing 1234 and zxcv is really annoying after years and years of a keyboard.  

News Comments > Submerged Next Week
4. Re: Submerged Next Week Jul 27, 2015, 12:51 Linksil

This is going to depend on the price... but I think i'll wait a few months for it to show up free on PS+.  

News Comments > New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast
5. Re: New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast Jul 26, 2015, 14:33 Linksil

I'm going to come out and say it. You don't need to write/have a good storyline to have an enjoyable Single player game. DOOM was very enjoyable and I think the whole storyline was an afterthought. Some of us just sometimes like to have action and well designed levels of action/killing and THAT makes it a good single player game. Co-Op puts a whole different twist on how levels are designed and pacing of the game, so it makes sense for them to leave it out and focus on single player.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Into the Black Jul 25, 2015, 11:43 Linksil

Why can't the gov just make it so AT&T needs to deploy the fiber they already promised (was it 5... 10 years ago?), THEN deploy to the 12.5mil new users, THEN they can get approval to merge. It's crap like this that makes people really not trust your gov.  

News Comments > Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain NVIDIA Bundle Plans?
7. Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain NVIDIA Bundle Plans? Jul 19, 2015, 01:41 Linksil

You do realize that SC on steam just launches uplay(like farcry does)?  

News Comments > TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking
17. Re: TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking Jul 17, 2015, 14:23 Linksil

The entitlement I mentioned was more just the general PC gamers with being able to do anything or a lot more with the games. We had it in the past (I wish we still did) but a lot of people post up like it's required as a "PC" game/port. Might be using the wrong word, but it's the stance behind what's expected.(Which everyone expects different things thankfully)

As for the 30 fps thing. I think it was based off movies to start with their 24. I didn't mean it to sound like it's the max we see(which can't be defined) so much as what's the min for comfortable viewing/playing. I know the higher fps movies almost looked fake/bad to me when they came out with a few in the past. Everyones ideal fps is going to be different, but it's more amusing to me that on the consoles vs the pc there's a way bigger space of what's the ideal. Being playable/acceptable/wanted are all different to each and personally i'd love if they made 60-90 the standard, but to each their own. I think the demanding of a higher fps is also something that's always going to be in the PC realm of gaming, esp when you have people that think they're suppose get 100+ just because they threw a lot of money at a system. It's going to come down to the middle ground when making games and us having to accept it.

News Comments > TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking
4. Re: TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking Jul 17, 2015, 11:04 Linksil

I don't remember the exact numbers. But it's around 30 the eye's see at. 60 being a more stable number(and game target) because of drops and other things keeping it over that 30 just in case. But some games are frame specific, Q3A was the first one I noticed this in that you can do moves/jumps if your over 100fps only. Some games lock their fps because animations and systems will be tied to it. I think a lot of it is entitlement but there's a good amount of reasoning at the same time.  

News Comments > No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall?
13. Re: No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall? Jul 16, 2015, 12:19 Linksil

Ran fine before patch with slight dips in fps with batmobile. After the patch haven't had a problem. I'm playing the last two missions right now.

2500k OC to 3.5ghz
770GTX 4gb
16 gigs ram
OS on SSD Game on WD Black 1tb

News Comments > No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall?
11. Re: No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall? Jul 16, 2015, 11:28 Linksil

Being one of the people that is having no problem running and playing the game on PC this is really annoying. Because it means the season pass that was included with my game price is being held up because of this crap while they release it on the other platforms.  

News Comments > Guild of Dungeoneering Released
3. Re: Guild of Dungeoneering Released Jul 14, 2015, 23:41 Linksil

Cutter wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 20:20:
Anyone playing this? Looks kind of neat.

Watched a few streams of it... dev is cool and taking in feedback(was in the chat for 8+ hours talking about the game with streamer/viewers. Picked it up because looked like a really fun game.

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC
7. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC Jul 14, 2015, 10:09 Linksil

I never expected space battles out of this since it would limit those people that can't fly from playing that content. Then again that hasn't stopped them in the past.

I haven't been following the game since I figured everything was up for change, but only 40 players? WTF are we back in 1999? Please this is suppose to be next gen... yet we keep falling short in player counts. I remember playing I think it was delta force with 124+ players on a 56.6k modem with no real problem. Maybe it's just map limiting... but 20vs20 seems really low to me when your expected to be in squads(5 right?) the whole time. Puts the game more towards a run and gun instead of a starwars battle sim.

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's 4 Next Month
7. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's 4 Next Month Jul 13, 2015, 16:45 Linksil

nin wrote on Jul 13, 2015, 16:01:
Linksil wrote on Jul 13, 2015, 15:07:
4 games in 1 year... is that a new record? I mean I know people complain about COD yearly. But image a COD release every 3 months.

Games can be completed in a couple of hours, and each has had a different ruleset than the last. Also, as mentioned, they're cheap.

Just like COD without the cheap part. Okay enough of the low blows. Didn't realize this was an ep release format game with the way i've seen people talk about the different ones in the past.

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's 4 Next Month
2. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's 4 Next Month Jul 13, 2015, 15:07 Linksil

4 games in 1 year... is that a new record? I mean I know people complain about COD yearly. But image a COD release every 3 months.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC DLC Delay Confirmed
24. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC DLC Delay Confirmed Jul 12, 2015, 13:17 Linksil

Krovven wrote on Jul 12, 2015, 12:36:
Linksil wrote on Jul 12, 2015, 12:10:

I said that's a way to play it without the stuttering that's making is such a big deal to you. I've got a 770 and when I removed the cap it's between 30-60fps which is normal for most games on my dated system.

The stutter is there with the cap on or off. I personally don't really notice it when I'm playing unless I'm specifically watching for it. I see it more when I'm just watching the video. I can also totally see the hitching being much worse on lesser systems. Yet some with lesser systems have said it runs just fine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpzc4ORHYnI

But I do disagree with you about the DLC. If they aren't selling the game, then they shouldn't sell the DLC until the game is ready. On the other hand, they could just make it available to those that did prepay for the Seasons Pass.

I think it would be a nice gesture for them to make the Batgirl DLC available to everyone that had the game still on their Steam account prior to it being taken down from sale. Then this would probably upset some folks that preordered the Seasons Pass. No matter what they do, they will upset someone.

Too early when I wrote that. I'm complaining about the DLC not getting released that was paid for in the cost of the game. I paid like 35-40 dollars for that Ultimate edition that comes with all the dlc/season pass BS already in the price. No way they should be selling dlc when some people can't play the game, but to not release it when we've already paid for the DLC is bullcrap. Only way to make it semi-happy would be to auto refund the cost of the DLC and give it for free to everyone that buys the game(before and after fix) but then the console people will cry.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC DLC Delay Confirmed
20. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC DLC Delay Confirmed Jul 12, 2015, 12:10 Linksil

Quinn wrote on Jul 12, 2015, 05:57:
Ehm, I didn't buy a GTX980 to play a game at 30fps. But apparently you can play this at 30fps and be happy with it :/

I said that's a way to play it without the stuttering that's making is such a big deal to you. I've got a 770 and when I removed the cap it's between 30-60fps which is normal for most games on my dated system. 30 fps is fine for most none fps games and doesn't even cause a problem when i'm running on a 144mhz moniter. Like I said it didn't interfere with the combat and didn't cause stuttering. When a game is designed with 30fps in mind(as it's target with most console games) it's usually not a problem. Oh yea I tried it on my friends machine with a 970 same specs as mine and it was staying right around 60fps for the whole time he played. Him playing it fine made him more annoyed then anything that you can't buy the game right now.

Again this comes down to the fact that a lot of us paid for a product, it's working fine, but they're keeping a piece of it from us because of another problem with a different section of the userbase. They can't get their metacritic score changed, the bad press is already out there... why create more of it with not keeping even more promises by delaying content that's paid for?(and should have just been in on launch anyways... that's another argument)

600 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo