Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ockky

Real Name ockky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 13, 2007, 20:19
Total Comments 20 (Suspect)
User ID 45314

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. 5 ridiculous tech fees... Oct 9, 2013, 09:56 ockky

How is text messaging not included in this article?!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Daikatana on Steam
27. Re: Daikatana on Steam Oct 2, 2013, 15:15 ockky

Had this game been released with the second generation of shooters, it would have been deemed pretty decent. The fact that it showed up during the 3rd generation of shooters, after the likes of Half-Life, System Shock 2, and Unreal made this game a real stinker.

HL had a better story and gameplay.
SS2 had WAY better RPG elements and a better story.
Unreal had WAY better AI, gameplay, and even it's story was better.

All of these games were released at least a year before Daikatana, and the hype that all of these had prior to their releases could not have added up to nearly a quarter of the hype Romero way pumping.

The extreme amount of hype for this game, combined with the previous generation's gameplay/AI is what crushed this game

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 2, 2013, 17:45 ockky

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 2, 2013, 15:36:
I'm glad to Chivalry is still selling well. It's just pure stupid multiplayer fun.

... and there was never a better description of a game... Thumbsup

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2012, 12:33 ockky

I just assumed it was because people dont care about baseball anymore.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 24, 2012, 15:00 ockky

I dont really understand the dislike of g+. Personally, i like it alot. I really enjoy browsing the 'whats hot' list, and then hopping over and checking out what's happening in my town. my friend's list is relatively quiet which is fine as i dont really use it to keep up with my friends anyways. To me, i think of it as a nice blend of twitter and facebook...it's good stuff... at least in my town.  

News Comments > Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend
26. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 11:05 ockky

Other than the launch day woahs, which were disappointing...my bud and i haven't experienced any problems at all...other than me warping twice over the coarse of 7hrs worth of play, and the auction house loading slow as balls...can't say i've had any issues/complaints.  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Dec 4, 2011, 20:40 ockky

Tumbler wrote on Dec 4, 2011, 17:13:
$3.74? Well that is just...Cha-Ching! Dammit, don't even want this game but for $4 how can I say no?

it's one hell of a game. if you have some friends to play with, it's money well spent. %75 off all DLC too

News Comments > PAYDAY: The Heist Today
4. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Today Oct 20, 2011, 13:35 ockky

installing it now....yeah doggie  

News Comments > 15 Million League of Legends Registrations
5. Re: 15 Million League of Legends Registrations Jul 26, 2011, 12:11 ockky

how has no one asked "but how many of those 15 million accounts are 'smurf' accounts?!"  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale Jun 24, 2011, 15:13 ockky

good job mixing it up. elven wizard and a halfling rogue would have been LAME. its just a shame they didn't take it a step further with
Dwarven Rogue
Halfling Fighter
Elven Cleric

News Comments > Sound Core3D Announced
1. Re: Sound Core3D Announced May 31, 2011, 11:06 ockky

I'm probably the only one here that will admit to this...and i'm gonna have to force myself not to look back at this thread due to the responses i'm sure to get, but i'm curious to see what the reviews on this will be. yah, i've had my issues with the audigy line of cards over the years, but those 1st soundcards (soundblasters ftw!) i got clearly made an impression (10+ years ago) ...

... but then again, i was running my sound thru some pretty beefy sound systems which i'm sure helped me hear the difference between the old school crappy integrated sound cards and creative's stuff.

that said, the old 'crappy integrated' sound cards aren't quite so old and crappy anymore...not to mention, cpus can easily handle the xtra processing these days

that is all.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Updates
18. Re: the irony award goes to... Dec 3, 2010, 17:08 ockky

JoeNapalm wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 17:00:
ockky wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 16:54:

mage != wizard != sorcerer != warlock != elephants

mage
- 1 of 1 thesaurus result
Main Entry: conjuror
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: magician
Synonyms: enchanter, juggler, mage, sear, shaman, sorcerer, warlock, witch, wizard

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

what's the definition of 'Synonym' again?

12. Re: the irony award goes to... Dec 3, 2010, 16:54 ockky

lol i didn't read your book of a post so i did miss the quote and thanks for pointing out the sarcasm...i totally would have missed that

and

mage != wizard != sorcerer != warlock != elephants

and they used a word that was used from THE movie...why do you care about this so much?! its' a friggin word, get over it. by your logic, they shouldn't use the term 'knight' when describing jedi

8. Re: the irony award goes to... Dec 3, 2010, 16:37 ockky

space captain wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 16:24:
its awesome reading threads about whiny children crying about someone stepping on their precious wittle bwanky

if you have a problem with the threads, just dont read them and move the fuck on jeez

nice to see you could add some value to the thread...tip of the hat to you

7. Re: the irony award goes to... Dec 3, 2010, 16:34 ockky

JoeNapalm wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 16:25:

The whole point of my original statement is - if they're calling this class a "Wizard" in-house, then that alone tells you quite a lot as to where their though process is...which is, clearly, Fighter/Rogue/Wizard/Priest.

I, for one, am not interested in "Star WoW".

Clearly you've not played WoW, otherwise you'd know that there is no 'wizard' class,

also, if you want to use quotes on me, how about you use the quote that goes something along the lines of describing 'ol ben' as a 'crazy old wizard' ...

finally, this is clearly the nerdiest fucking thread i've ever decided to pipe-in on lol

4. Re: the irony award goes to... Dec 3, 2010, 16:11 ockky

JoeNapalm wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 16:05:
Yeah, I'm fairly alarmed that they would ever have called a class "Jedi Wizard"...I mean, that offers some insight into their frame of mind - and it's not good.

... because it's not easier to give something an 'in-house' name to use as a reference while developing something and worry about naming it later?!

it's awesome reading threads about this game about how much it is going to suck, and how it's gonna be stupid, and how george lucas ruined your life, blah blah blah...if you have a problem with a game/ip, just dont play it and move the fuck on jeez

News Comments > Aliens vs Predator DLC Next Week
1. Re: Aliens vs Predator DLC Next Week Jun 30, 2010, 14:53 ockky

i would love to see how many pc players bought that last pack...my guess is not many

it's such ashame this game got pushed out too early. too many bugs/balancing issues, early in the life of the game killed the community. the only way i can imagine to get this game pumping again is to make the dlc free AND to continue putting it on sale off/on over the course of a few months.

g'luck with that sega/rebellion...i know you are reading my comment

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Feature
6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Feature Jun 12, 2010, 11:14 ockky

Ecthelion wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 22:17:
I'll be 30 next month (don't know where that fits in with "getting older"), and personally I can't get enough of the franchise. I agree that a lot of it is geared towards marketability, but I don't care. Original Trilogy, Prequel Trilogy, Clone Wars, comics, games, it's all good. I haven't gotten into the novels that much, but I like a few of them.

I'll always like the Original Trilogy the best, but I love any and all Star Wars really. ESB will always be my favorite, but I like all 6 movies a lot (and even the Clone Wars film). I have never understood (and probably never will) why people dislike RotJ. People are taking the series way too seriously if they let the Ewoks ruin the whole movie for them. I mean we get the coolest space battle of all six movies, one of the best lightsaber battles, major characters dying, Luke finally becoming a badass, and an end to the story. What's not to like?

I guess I'm easy to please compared to the "OT rules, everything else sucks" fans, but I'm glad I can enjoy it all to different degrees. I hope I never outgrow my child-like sense of glee for Star Wars, even if it means getting looked down on by more jaded fans.

Bring on the live-action pre-ANH TV series!

That said, I'm not very interested in SW:TOR. I hate MMOs, and I think gaming is going in an almost opposite direction to what I want. This game has some potential to break through some of the inherent shortcomings of the genre (namely storytelling ability), but I'm still very skeptical. Still, I'll at least give it a try.

i completely agree with every single thing you said. I'm 32 and i fucking love me some star wars. all of it (even the, at times god-awful, books). and i'm even willing to put RotS right there next to ANH and ESB in greatness. there is just something about watching the movies that makes me feel so much like a kid again.

however, will say that i am totally psyched about this game, and i plan to play the god-damnit out of it when it comes out.

EDIT: i can't argue with the TvX suggestion either. those were some terrific games

News Comments > Aliens vs Predator Patch Monday
3. Re: Aliens vs Predator Patch Monday Feb 25, 2010, 17:11 ockky

I've only played the demo thus far, but i can't wait til this game goes on sale for around $30ish bucks on steam...i'll be all over it. the demo was fun as hell once you got used to it.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
20. Re: Woohoo Nov 13, 2007, 15:23 ockky

<zeph>This is a cartoon game for children. I'm rich and beautiful. Spending money on this game is dumber than spending it on crack. I like to eat expensive meat on the BBQ. This isn't news. Post more info on games that have you eating ribeye.<\zeph>

I've been coming to bluesnews for years, and this is clearly the greatest single comment ever!

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 15:25.

20 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo