Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rask Vann

Real Name Rask Vann   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trooper119
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 25, 2007, 16:57
Total Comments 60 (Suspect)
User ID 45091

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Natural Selection 2 question... Nov 4, 2012, 23:45 Trooper119

Yes to built in voice chat, yes it's used all the time.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > FPS Player Record Claimed
8. Re: Skyrim Versus ThreatFire Jan 30, 2012, 21:42 Trooper119

yonder wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 19:29:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 18:23:
I'm still not understanding how this is a record, when your typical WoW shard (server) far exceeds this and has for many years now. Are they claiming this because that in the game, I can play with and interact with all 1000 other players simultaneously, whereas in WoW or Eve we're not all in the same place at once?

Um... cuz those are MMOs and this is an FPS? And a browser-based on at that. Adjectives and qualifiers my friend... the basis of nearly every similarish-sounding record.

Pretty much this, the reason MMO's up to this point have been point, click and wait based and subsequently why we've only recently seen the emergence of action based MMO's is even for games like Eve that you very accurately mentioned has done more players in a single place fighting.

The difference in how the fighting is done. When you aim a gun and fire without a predetermined target you have to compute where that shot is going and who it might effect in real time. Most games get around this by assigning a target and they can pre-compute everything ahead of time in order to get the immediate reaction from it.

I'm not arguing if they are or are not the first or not, or even the biggest. But the reason for the fuss is that it's a different method of doing what we've already seen (get a lot of people to fit in one area) and can open up the FPS scene with the same technology RPG's have had for quite some time now.

News Comments > Dwarfs!? and Demo Released
4. Re: Dwarfs!? and Demo Released May 4, 2011, 18:55 Trooper119

NKD wrote on May 4, 2011, 17:44:
This looks like Dwarf Fortress for mental invalids.

Like he said ... mental invalids. On the off chance we are allowed to like new indie games though, anyone play this and have an opinion they'd like to share?

News Comments > APB-Reloaded Beta Begins
6. Re: APB-Reloaded Beta Begins Mar 2, 2011, 15:00 Trooper119

Misunderstood, my bad, wow that really sucks. That's certainly a point against GamerFirst then.  

News Comments > APB-Reloaded Beta Begins
3. Re: APB-Reloaded Beta Begins Mar 2, 2011, 12:53 Trooper119

GamersFirst has a really messed up account system. A lot of old information seemed to have been lost (I experienced a similar situation with trying to redeem my key to register for this section of the beta, using several accounts that no longer work that I know I've used several years back to get into their other games). If you make a new account you can redeem the key with the new account without any issues.  

News Comments > Gaikai Live
11. Re: Gaikai Live Feb 27, 2011, 21:41 Trooper119

Trying to offer a bit of perspective here. Tried the Dead Space 2 demo and it seemed well enough for my standards, I'd guess about 20FPS on my computer on average so I could definitely see some hard core gamers complaining however it isn't horrendous by any means. Not bad at all for an alternative if you ask me.  

News Comments > DRM Change for AC Brotherhood
4. Re: DRM Change for AC Brotherhood Feb 22, 2011, 20:11 Trooper119

I realize it is possible they mispoke, but if not then you need to go look the word "initial" up in the dictionary.

Initial
ľadjective
1.of, pertaining to, or occurring at the beginning; first: the initial step in a process.

In other words you'll only have to check it for the first (read ONCE) login. Unless they mean first as in first time you've logged in since last time you've done so in which case go ahead and rage, it is justified.

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Includes DLC
3. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Includes DLC Feb 22, 2011, 14:59 Trooper119

In before people rage about Ubisoft DRM that hasn't even been announced yet.

Technically they could have "need an online connection" in there for the multiplayer section of the game but you don't see that in there either so it's hard to say.

News Comments > APB-Reloaded Beta Keys This Week
1. Re: APB-Reloaded Beta Keys This Week Feb 21, 2011, 12:03 Trooper119

So they have a line of applicants, of those they're giving a select few keys to get in another line to be accepted into the game?

I realize this isn't exactly uncommon however it would be nice if they actually pretended like the people they are inviting are actually bug hunters and not just leeches just looking for an early go at the game.

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Next Month
8. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Next Month Feb 15, 2011, 14:40 Trooper119

I'm pretty sure given past experience with the series and the absurd delays that happens each time they release this series they've pretty well pissed everyone off on this one.

That being said I still will be buying this game at least for the multiplayer. However with stuff like this I'm wondering if there will actually be anyone able to play with :/

News Comments > Battlestar Galactica Online Open Beta
3. Re: Battlestar Galactica Online Open Beta Feb 8, 2011, 22:27 Trooper119

Your assuming this game had any hype and anyone expected anything of it.

*looks around* ya, didn't think so.

News Comments > APB: What Might Have Been
7. Re: APB: What Might Have Been Feb 7, 2011, 17:35 Trooper119

Verno wrote on Feb 7, 2011, 14:00:
As a player I care about my experience first and foremost, their ability to generate income should not affect the balance of the game.

Ignoring the fact that your assuming the weapons and other for sale items will be better then the alternatives which nothing says they will or will not at this point.

I wasn't commenting on balance, I was commenting on how ridiculously common the practice is to have pay-for weapons and it not occurring is a pleasant surprise and not something you'd be surprised at and get mad over.

Your probably right at and they may have imbalanced weapons, but that wasn't what I was commenting on.

Please refer to DokterBeefcake's post for any other questions or concerns.

News Comments > APB: What Might Have Been
2. Re: APB: What Might Have Been Feb 7, 2011, 12:55 Trooper119

They're getting rid of the p2p license, how else are they going to make money? This is pretty standard fair at this rate, not sure what else you were expecting.  

News Comments > New AC: Brotherhood Map with Facebook Milestone
2. Re: DRM again Feb 7, 2011, 12:53 Trooper119

Yes they have, it was very silent but I know they have on Steam at the very least ever since the last sale during Christmas. The more important question is what DRM are they using in PC Brotherhood?  

News Comments > New CrimeCraft Episode Tonight
2. Re: New CrimeCraft Episode Tonight Feb 5, 2011, 17:41 Trooper119

Game has been out for a long while, a bit unique with how they upgrade your character but its well rounded enough and well worth the download. No guarantees you'll like it but if you like team based shooters its good for a few hours I'd wager.  

News Comments > On Magicka's Bugs
8. Re: On Magicka's Bugs Jan 28, 2011, 13:11 Trooper119

For those that are wondering, the single player is near perfect. Only bug I found is at the end of chapter 12, but there is a work-around for that and I imagine that will be fixed today or tomm. Also the game took me a little less then 8 hours to complete if your looking for a reference however there is an achievement for doing it in less then 4 so I'm guessing that's possible too.

Also if your thinking about buying it, try not to look at any gameplay, discovery and experimentation are the biggest joys of this game, if you know how to do some things off the bat your going to ruin the experience.

News Comments > Love Price Drop
1. Re: Love Price Drop Jan 25, 2011, 13:53 Trooper119

I'm sorry but even if this game was free I don't think I'd play it. I really liked the idea but the simple fact that it is quite difficult to see anything bugs the crap out of me.

I hope a good number of people are still paying for the game since I think the developer should be rewarded for doing something outside the box however his "art style" is to out there for some I think.

News Comments > Direct2Drive Game Rentals
5. Re: Direct2Drive Game Rentals Jan 22, 2011, 15:36 Trooper119

Brilliant move by Direct 2 Drive, I know I'll be using this for sure. Lack of demos and such really bites, I'm glad someone is picking up the slack.  

News Comments > Jumpgate Evolution Lawsuit
6. Re: Jumpgate Evolution Lawsuit Dec 6, 2010, 23:42 Trooper119

The Advocate wrote on Dec 6, 2010, 22:49:
It's NetDevil.

A company who has never made a decent product.

Ever.

Just looked up their list of games. With the exception of Lego Universe I've never heard of any of them. Kinda sad really.

Oh well, another game to the scrapheap. Fans I suggest you start praying someone pays for the IP

News Comments > CrimeCraft: Bleedout Starter Kit
2. Re: CrimeCraft: Bleedout Starter Kit Dec 1, 2010, 16:01 Trooper119

Just to clarify this game is completely free, nothing is held back unless you want more guns and such faster.

EDIT: Also upgraded guns give a few percentage in certain categories like range or recoil which means you'll never be beaten by a p2p player unless it was your fault really.

The stuff they're trying to get you to pay for is for a premium account which has some perks that some people like but I have no problems ignoring myself.

Given that it is free, when I tried to download it, it was far more of a hassle then I care to admit however after playing it for a while I can say 1. Nothing like APB, it is its own thing, and 2. It is a good amount of fun if you want a team based or free for all (usually objective based) shooter.

EDIT: The game has been out a while, went p2p and failed miserably. (sounds like APB eh?) since then it was bought out and has gone f2p but you can buy certain things if you so choose.

Great quality and good for a few weeks of good fun, at the very least you'll probably play it longer then you take to download it, however I would say the tutorial is to long for its own good and gives a bad first impression since I've never played another PvE mission since then (personal choice, the game offers plenty of PvE if you want it)

60 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo