Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for loomy

Real Name loomy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 2, 2007, 18:07
Total Comments 548 (Apprentice)
User ID 44515

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May
1. Re: NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May Mar 4, 2015, 10:19 loomy

everything about this is neat, but GRID is what will blow people away. and you can't appreciate it until you use it. it's a $200 console that runs a $1000 computer's games with no download, install, or configuration. it's kind of disorientingly good  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
46. Re: Op Ed Feb 27, 2015, 16:16 loomy

no one cares about this topic except the people who care about it  

News Comments > New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person
23. Re: New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person Feb 27, 2015, 09:27 loomy

these changes are exactly the kind of thing everyone on this site asks for. hardcore computer game shit that developers don't deliver anymore because they've sold out to the lowest common denominator.

well here it is, folks. I'm here to say that I do not play this game, and it is fucking awesome.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
107. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 19:10 loomy

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 12:26:
So each time we hear of another feature like "renting", many feel he's already gone overboard a long time ago and the feature is just more weight to the anchor. So that is why you see these comments slant negative.

I think this is a big part of why some people are star citizen haters. they've never seen such transparent development (maybe none of us have) and now they've become power-mad back-seat-drivers. the new-found power of knowing everything as it happens is too much for them to bear, and now they've cracked. they've gone quite mad.

here, relax and watch people enjoy the game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP2cNsYQ2pc

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
61. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 02:22 loomy

there is definitely something wrong with the minds of some of the people in this thread. this company apparently published a game design document, which is apparently a spitball made by one guy, and apparently the plan is to let people fly (FOR FREE) all the ships they didn't buy.

and then we get this thread of diarrhea? you guys need to be looked at

News Comments > Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview
7. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 20, 2015, 00:06 loomy

Diablo without trading is not Diablo. It's a grind like WOW.

The free market was never what made Diablo 3 bad, and now that it's gone, I don't even recognize the game. Clusterf

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Trailer
28. Re: Homeworld Remastered Trailer Feb 19, 2015, 23:58 loomy

I also feel like the price is too high. Maybe I only feel that way because I lived through the first two.

Maybe it's priced for people who haven't played it, or didn't buy it the first time around? I certainly think it's the wrong price for anyone who already bought both.

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence
17. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 14, 2015, 00:33 loomy

This whole molyneux thing should have never happened. Everyone who lived through "black and white" knew he was a hype-master who couldn't deliver. Since then, new generations have repeated past mistakes. Trusting molyneux with money.

I don't blame the ignorant kids who bought his stuff. I should probably blame the gaming press, staffed by ignorant kids, who failed their jobs utterly when they didn't preface every Godus story with: This Guy Doesn't Deliver.

News Comments > Molyneux's Godus Breaking Promises
41. Re: Molyneux's Godus Breaking Promises Feb 14, 2015, 00:31 loomy

This whole molyneux thing should have never happened. Everyone who lived through "black and white" knew he was a hype-master who couldn't deliver. Since then, new generations have repeated past mistakes. Trusting molyneux with money.

I don't blame the ignorant kids who bought his stuff. I should probably blame the gaming press, staffed by ignorant kids, who failed their jobs utterly when they didn't preface every Godus story with: This Guy Doesn't Deliver.

News Comments > Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M
49. Re: Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M Feb 9, 2015, 22:28 loomy

Cutter wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 12:08:
I've only heard there's a hangar module and little space arena to fly around in.

can't purport to know what you're talking about and then admit you don't know what you're talking about, cutter

News Comments > 3GB Evolve Day One Patch Detailed
5. Re: 3GB Evolve Day One Patch Detailed Feb 8, 2015, 13:03 loomy

DangerDog wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 12:18:
Rushing to get your "gold" copy to mass production before you're even close to being finished. Genius.

This is going to be Titanfall all over again, don't blink because the game will be dead in a month.

But Titanfall is fun...

News Comments > Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M
11. Re: Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M Feb 7, 2015, 16:11 loomy

Star Citizen's one module is actually pretty good now. And getting better. There's nothing quite like it. The closest thing would be a vintage game that nobody is playing.  

News Comments > Raptr Password Warning
11. Re: Raptr Password Warning Feb 2, 2015, 08:59 loomy

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 1, 2015, 15:38:
What is Raptr?

Raptr is Thresh's ICQ clone

News Comments > Evolve Unlocks in Match-3 Game
7. Re: Evolve Unlocks in Match-3 Game Jan 31, 2015, 19:43 loomy

evolve to me is the train crash where it is already destroyed, but keeps moving anyway because of momentum

like in the fugitive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LF4I1S9rOo#t=42s

= evolve

News Comments > Blizzard Rumors: "Low Expectations" for Heroes of the Storm?
18. Re: Blizzard Rumors: Jan 30, 2015, 12:36 loomy

Heroes of the Storm is fun. It's exactly what I wanted from that clusterfuck of a genre: some modesty. Simplicity. Maybe even a little elegance.

Did they simplify it too much? Maybe so. There's definitely nothing "pro" about it -- the skill ceiling is one thumb high, despite what the pro-gamer-wannabe vultures would have you believe. It's basically a really nice browser game. So, the price is right.

You can see the low expectations from the outside. I'd say the game is clearly made by a B-team within Blizzard. The content is very limited in quantity and quality. But like I said the price (free) is right. That they charge $10 for a crappy skin (and probably $40 to buy enough characters to be eligible for ranked play) is a problem only for people who care about things like that. I just join, kill some people, and quit.

The gameplay is kind of like a dead simple Guild Wars (1) PVP for children. It's fun -- I guess that's the long and short of it!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced
27. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced Jan 25, 2015, 10:41 loomy

I wish I liked this game. To me it is everything Guild Wars was meant to NOT be. They sold out to NCSoft to chase WOW.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 22, 2015, 10:14 loomy

evolve is not fun. the end  

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
24. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 11, 2015, 19:29 loomy

development of this game is so transparent that you can learn everything that happens and compare it to your non-existent game development experience  

News Comments > Steam Beta Adds FPS Counter
4. Re: Steam Beta Adds FPS Counter Jan 5, 2015, 16:44 loomy

Valve is wealthy enough now that they need to begin parallel development of a new client. It doesn't matter if it succeeds or not, because if you believe in this sort of thing, the competition makes both projects better.  

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Dec 2, 2014, 15:24 loomy

"The game WILL NOT consumer the current budget"

this ranter is an idiot

also: star citizen will be in development for a decade! the scope is huge and they have ~10 inexperienced teams working on it. they need as much money as they can get.

only a basic version of the game will be "done" next year at this time. next year it will be like elite dangerous is now, but with better graphics and a few hours of single player.

548 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo