Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for loomy

Real Name loomy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 2, 2007, 18:07
Total Comments 597 (Apprentice)
User ID 44515

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Activision Signs Bungie for 10 Years
27. Re: Activision Signs Bungie for 10 Years Apr 29, 2010, 14:21 loomy

even though it sounds crazy on the surface (10 years), you have to assume bungie got the better of this deal given how they were the only developer shrewd enough to do a deal like the one they did with microsoft in 2000.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing Details and Trailer
1. Re: Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing Details and Trailer Apr 22, 2010, 09:13 loomy

In the old days people were allowed to modify and host their own games so you could play anyone's mutation. There were even mutations so popular they replaced the original game.  

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Cracked?
1. Re: Ubisoft DRM Cracked? Apr 22, 2010, 09:11 loomy

obviously it would be cracked. the only thing you can't crack is when critical data is on the server.

and even then you can build a custom server with custom data.

do you want to own your game or just borrow it? make your stand

News Comments > L4D2 The Passing Thursday
18. Re: L4D2 The Passing Thursday Apr 20, 2010, 23:29 loomy

are any of you geniuses old enough to remember when regular people could host game servers with different mutations and you could just pick which one to play, rather than being at the mercy of your daddy?  

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Free Weekend Extended
11. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Free Weekend Extended Apr 11, 2010, 23:20 loomy

holy fucking shit. this game and bfbc2 are rpgs. I had no idea both publishers doubled down on their trinket hunting level up bullshit since the last episodes. can you even tolerate this?

Im not 14, Im not young and stupid enough to play 50 hours in a way I don't like just for the privilege to play the way I do like. 50 hours playing against kids with better guns? I'm not a fucking retard. I'm not playing this shit to build my barbie dreamhouse. I'm playing to kill people and blow shit up. I need real games. I guess I'm not alone because there appear to be 10,000 people playing battlefield 2?

This comment was edited on Apr 12, 2010, 01:02.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Mar 24, 2010, 17:58 loomy

games before coh had leveling up units. didn't red alert? idiots  

News Comments > On BFBC2's Brisk Sales
8. Re: On BFBC2's Brisk Sales Mar 18, 2010, 18:10 loomy

it costs money to set up those servers, they didn't have excess capacity because they didn't want to pay the money.

but they wouldn't need to if they let you host your own server.

do you demand the ability to run your own games?

News Comments > EA on C&C4's "No" DRM
18. Re: EA on C&C4's Mar 18, 2010, 18:08 loomy

the question is power. do you (the consumer) demand the power (rights) to do what you want (deserve) with what you buy (the product)

if people demand they want to control their data, it won't all be stored in the cloud. do you want a mirror of your own data? or do you want the cloud to have it all?

do you want the power to modify your software? use it when and where you like?

if people don't care about these things, and make a stand for these things, it will be like the chinese and freedom or kids with no daddies. at some point people won't know what they're missing. life goes on but we may not be better for it

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Origins -- Awakening
20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Origins -- Awakening Mar 18, 2010, 10:12 loomy

just for the record, it is not just you surf.

"Is it me or does this game utterly suck except for the conversations and story?"

that is what every normal person gets when they play dragon age

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 "Quotes" Trailer
5. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 "Quotes" Trailer Feb 25, 2010, 19:46 loomy

You age check can suck dick. We can just go elsewhere.

One age check to sign up for youtube is completely different than spamming you every time.

News Comments > On PC Bad Company 2 and Free DLC
7. Re: On PC Bad Company 2 and Free DLC Feb 9, 2010, 15:08 loomy

maybe someone can tell me how this game is better than bf or bf2

okay you've got the graphics improvements, and you've got the destructable props. is that enough reason to buy when you've been playing these games for 10 years?

I feel no attraction to work for (or pay for) virtual weapons. I feel no attraction to buying new clothes for my soldier.

I am aware of a loss of community when people can't operate and modify their own servers.

I'm not feeling the attraction to BF-The Sims or whatever this would be. Unless you're new on this earth or new to this game.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 8, 2010, 14:35 loomy

idiot rott is one of the best games ever  

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Downloads
8. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Downloads Jan 28, 2010, 20:37 loomy

first it asks you to check mark your console, and then it presents "PC" as an option

then it asks you to check mark if you want to sign up for the EA newsletter, and then when you submit without checking that it errors and says you HAVE TO check it

and finally when you submit it, after checking the PC console, and after checking the mandatory optional email spam, it fucking displays an error saying registration failed, please try again later.

is this a fucking joke

News Comments > BC2 LE Preorders, "Non-Transferrable" Multiplayer Requires EA.com
55. Re: BC2 LE Preorders, "Non-Transferrable" Multiplayer Requires EA.com Jan 28, 2010, 20:25 loomy

> Have you ever heard of Kali?

kali makes ipx games work over the internet. do you think bf bc2 supports ipx?

News Comments > Chris Taylor Optimistic About PC Gaming
18. Re: Chris Taylor Optimistic About PC Gaming Jan 21, 2010, 19:13 loomy

pedle, the PC hassles you're talking about are on a different level of abstraction than the openness topic

those hassles aren't inherent to the open PC platform any more than a fee for xbox live is for consoles. such issues are just a result of some software design that can be changed, like windows wallpapers always having blue sky

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 2010, 19:13.

News Comments > Chris Taylor Optimistic About PC Gaming
2. Re: Chris Taylor Optimistic About PC Gaming Jan 21, 2010, 15:02 loomy

chris taylor knows where the ball is. most of the people who talk about console vs pc are missing the point. the difference between modern consoles and the pc isn't the console form factor or the controller or the tv, it is the openness of the platform.

the console is owned and controlled by one company, whereas the PC is whatever you make of it. you get some lower quality and more trouble this way (because everyone involved can pass the buck), but you could say that is the price of freedom.

News Comments > 1C: Digital Distribution to Rule PC Next Year
8. Re: 1C: Digital Distribution to Rule PC Next Year Jan 13, 2010, 19:14 loomy

omg make less dumb comments please  

News Comments > Zero Gear Preorder Discount, Beta Access
1. Re: Zero Gear Preorder Discount, Beta Access Jan 5, 2010, 17:05 loomy

its sad that this game looks just as shitty as the original mario kart clone for pc

that came out 20 years ago

News Comments > EA Server Shutdown Plans
30. Re: EA Server Shutdown Plans Jan 4, 2010, 00:02 loomy

lol "negative perception"

they've done this before. it generates about as much negative perception as poisonous foods and wasted taxes.

that is to say almost no negative perception because almost nobody cares.

life is too good to give a fuck about the details.

News Comments > EA Server Shutdown Plans
19. Re: EA Server Shutdown Plans Jan 3, 2010, 20:15 loomy

"If it's not cost efficient to keep the servers running"

that has nothing to do with it you stupid fucks, even if it was "cost efficient" whatever the fuck that is, they still shut them down so you have to buy the new one.

get a life and stop defending multinational conglomerates which only exist to take more money than the day before

597 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo