Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for loomy

Real Name loomy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 2, 2007, 18:07
Total Comments 560 (Apprentice)
User ID 44515

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 2?
9. Re: Borderlands 2? Nov 11, 2009, 14:38 loomy

that is how a shifty guy says the game is making money so they'll make another to make more money.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > C&C4 Layoff Rumor
8. Re: C&C4 Layoff Rumor Nov 10, 2009, 23:10 loomy

EA is a big company and big companies only give a shit about big money makers. That means big blockbusters. Mainstream audience. Lowest common denominator. Movies, music, games, it's all the same. If you want something out of the ordinary then you can't go to the big company for it.

It happens this way everywhere in our capitalism-run-amok society. Take a look at checkout aisles in stores to see what appeals to everyone. Candy and gossip?

C&C RTS and oddball action games with proven-small audiences have no place in a billion dollar blockbuster business like EA. Wave goodbye.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Modern Warfare 2 (Except for Steam)
31. Re: Ships Ahoy - Modern Warfare 2 (Except for Steam) Nov 10, 2009, 13:15 loomy

> review sites like IGN being bought and paid for a good review of this game.

that is why dragon age got such high numbers when it is half a turd. it happens all the time, reviewers not even fully playing games, writing up summaries like the back of a box.

what kind of people do you think review games, what pedigree, I'll tell you what, most of them are losers who don't come from a journalist background where they had a modicum of integrity

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Testing in 2010, Launch in 2011
1. Re: Guild Wars 2: Testing in 2010, Launch in 2011 Nov 10, 2009, 13:06 loomy

they dont admit to it but gw2 was significantly delayed from earlier launch estimates  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Trailers
22. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailers Nov 8, 2009, 14:40 loomy

lol shut up you stupid nerds

a guy was surprised it takes so many bullets to kill someone in the future

a reasonable observation

get over it

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2009, 14:42.

News Comments > New Torchlight Demo
11. Re: New Torchlight Demo Nov 6, 2009, 17:25 loomy

> Plus, the MMO portion they'll release in, unfortunately, two years will be free to those who buy the game now.

lol this is like taking shares in a startup instead of extra cash

or buying hellgate

good luck with that

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Patched
57. Re: Dragon Age Patched Nov 6, 2009, 17:06 loomy

> > lol patching the difficulty down. probably because it has unheard of returns at retail
> No, combat on normal difficulty bends you over and rapes you.

you said "No" but didn't actually disagree with what I said

I agree with you that it is too difficult. bioware obviously misjudged something when they decided to make such a big modern game with such unpopular old mechanics.

the fact is that almost nobody can (or wants to) partake in such old school gameplay.

this is why the first PC patch lowers the difficulty, and why the console ports started with even lower difficulty.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Patched
47. Re: Dragon Age Patched Nov 6, 2009, 16:13 loomy

lol patching the difficulty down. probably because it has unheard of returns at retail

there is a good reason the marketing doesnt show what this game is actually like

News Comments > WAR "Endless" Free Trial
1. Re: WAR "Endless" Free Trial Nov 6, 2009, 15:19 loomy

much smarter. the money from MMORPGs is made from long term subscribers, not from people who start and quit.

so it doesnt matter if the start and quit people get a bunch of the game for free whenever they want. all that matters is catching the one fish who will stay

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Origins
129. Re: Dragon Age Ships Nov 5, 2009, 22:29 loomy

this is a computer game in a console era. it was delayed to port it and TRY to make some money.

flawed idea from the start though. you can't take out the 1990s with just friendly fire and camera tweaks.

this is the last time you'll see a game like this from a big company. for a very long time, if ever. the economies of selling games are totally different now. read a financial press release. limited content and DLC is a business model and patches have set budget and time window. frequent releases is the name of the game.

News Comments > No RAGE Dedicated Server?
10. Re: No RAGE Dedicated Server? Nov 5, 2009, 22:14 loomy

grow up kids, all the money is made on the consoles so games will be made for the consoles

console games need auto aim and lower difficulty and no dedicated servers and DLC instead of free patches. get used to it unless you plan to do something about it.

News Comments > Torchlight Patch Plans
1. Re: Torchlight Patch Plans Nov 3, 2009, 11:24 loomy

this game is poisonously unoriginal  

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Beta News Nears
3. Re: Bad Company 2 Beta News Nears Nov 2, 2009, 21:05 loomy

I find this strange enough that I wonder if it is a grab to distract people from cod4:mw2  

News Comments > The Old Republic Jedi Q&A
1. Re: The Old Republic Jedi Q&A Nov 1, 2009, 15:35 loomy

"At its core, the Jedi knight is about getting into battle as quickly as possible, dominating the fight and protecting allies."

as opposed to what? what do the other classes do? arrive late and fight poorly? hurt their allies?

come on. this game is going to struggle for years of patches to deal with the classic star wars multiplayer conundrum. did SWG ever figure it out?

News Comments > BioShock 2 Multiplex
5. Re: BioShock 2 Multiplex Oct 29, 2009, 15:12 loomy

the original was original (besides being a ss2 clone)

this looks like a cash-in

next

News Comments > Project V13 Art
3. Re: Project V13 Art Oct 28, 2009, 14:59 loomy

so its a zombie game? lets hope for vampires too. they're hot right now  

News Comments > Torchlight and Torchlight Demo Released
35. Re: Torchlight and Torchlight Demo Relea Oct 27, 2009, 21:25 loomy

this game is ridiculous, it is a copy of diablo more than any diablo clone I've ever played. it is actually blatant in its copying.

I assume it is kind flattery, but it is insulting to blizzard and patronizing to the player. I'm pretty liberal but if I were blizzard I'd be pointing my lawyers at this game.

News Comments > PC Gamer UK: Dragon Age "RPG of the Decade"
27. Re: PC Gamer: Dragon Age "RPG of the Dec Oct 27, 2009, 01:10 loomy

KOTOR is the best of the decade so far. mass effect 2 wants to unseat it. dragon age will not.

computerandvideogames.com and pcgamer are both future inc, a company that is not what it used to be. at the very least all the original staff have moved on and you're reading a new generation of dbag:

"the most enormous... enormously silly... gigantic environment... enormously detailed... the battles enormous..." this kid graduated from clown fucking college just now.

News Comments > Zenimax Eyeing Valve?
16. Re: Zenimax Eyeing Valve? Oct 26, 2009, 14:45 loomy

valve is the fastest growing publisher in the industry. nobody is buying valve unless the owners get tired and sell to one of the big two for a 50% premium over valuation  

News Comments > Gold - Dragon Age: Origins
32. Re: Gold - Dragon Age: Origins Oct 24, 2009, 08:59 loomy

this game bombs because it isnt multiplayer. sorry folks.  

560 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo