Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for loomy

Real Name loomy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 2, 2007, 18:07
Total Comments 597 (Apprentice)
User ID 44515

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4
71. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 11, 2015, 01:13 loomy

the way I see it, problem with fallout 4 is the same as fallout 3. it's morrowind with guns. the fact that the graphics and other qualities of fallout 4 have barely kept pace with the status quo seems secondary to me compared to how IT'S THE SAME FUCKING GAME OVER AND OVER AGAIN  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Fallout 4's Graphics
42. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 5, 2015, 01:22 loomy

despite all this work, fallout 4 looks like fallout 3 with bigger textures. sorry bethesda, but time is running out. invest profits now into the engine of the future, or else be left in the past  

News Comments > Blizzard Updating Older Games for Modern OSes
6. Re: Blizzard Updating Older Games for Modern OSes Nov 4, 2015, 17:11 loomy

the best old game they've got is probably diablo 2 after all the patches. they really took it from a bad clone of diablo 1, into something really spectacular. it just needs a graphics upgrade (but not a style change)  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation - The Collection Released
11. Re: Alien: Isolation - The Collection Released Oct 27, 2015, 21:41 loomy

if you're interesting in this game, take my advice and save yourself some time and frustration. only play the DLC. this game has an hour of gameplay in it and one or two of the DLC is the best of it. I'd say it's worth $30 if you're a big fan, but no more  

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June
16. Re: No Man's Sky in June Oct 27, 2015, 17:30 loomy

as much as I enjoy references to one of my favorite movie lines of all time, this one seems pointless and out of context, done just because they can  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 26, 2015, 15:11 loomy

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 11:31:
And also, this is one of these things... I am probably a really bad person, but female let's players are for me instant turn-off. I like male players with good humor and soothing voices. Never seen that in a female driven let's play. I mean, I seriously, NEVER, seen a decent (commented) let's play by a female, ever. Either it's the mic or the modulation of the voices... or maybe I am just strange.

not liking girls doesn't make you strange or a bad person. it's called being gay and it's perfectly normal

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
31. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 25, 2015, 05:24 loomy

NetHead wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 18:53:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 11:30:
"Under the hood" changes are entirely fucking retarded because the fucking patcher downloads the entire game for every patch anyway....

Or they could just do patching in a sensible, or at least, non retarded way.

I don't care what game is in question, patches that cause one to download more than is needed, nevermind loads more, is a sign of either stupidity, incompetence, or simply an attitude of not giving a crap about customers. Even an untrained desk-monkey could be shown how to make a delta patch if they can't be bothered or are unable to make a decent patching process.

it's not as simple as you propose. cryengine uses these huge piggy data files which are encrypted and change randomly all the time. so making patching better involves changing the development and build process, not just the patch distribution and patching process. they'll get it eventually

they've spent months working on patching, and we know this because they've spent months talking about working on patching. I think they may have even laid off some of the people working on it and given the job to the formerly-cryengine team in germany

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
13. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 24, 2015, 18:35 loomy

Jackplug wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 15:20:
Elite Dangerous had got 1% of what this game has had and yet its been out for ages, ok its just a sandbox, yet it is still finished and working.
How long will it be before star citizen will be out of alpha?

both games are utterly incomplete

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
116. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 15, 2015, 02:39 loomy

Kxmode wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 11:40:
Dreagon wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 11:09:
I wonder how much of that money they're wasting on big actors?

Figure about 4-5 million per A-List actor for 4 months of voice acting and MoCap performance.

- Gary Oldman (5 million)
- Mark Hamill (5 million)
- Mark Strong (5 million)
- Gillian Anderson (4 million)
- Andy Serkis (5 million)

stop embarrassing yourself and stop posting in star citizen threads. honestly, stick to topics where we can't tell you're crazy. because now that I know, I won't be able to unsee it. you're ruined for me forever

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
34. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 11, 2015, 18:32 loomy

Peeeling wrote on Oct 11, 2015, 17:43:
...You don't actually work in the industry, do you?

not like you do. tell us all about your experience working on GTA and elder scrolls. because that's what you're comparing star citizen to, right? the other big games you've worked on for 5-10 years?

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
18. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 11, 2015, 17:06 loomy

everyone criticizing this game for not being done is stupid. all games are not done until they're done. where were you in 2002 when half life 2 was a disaster? that's right, you were sitting at home, happy and ignorant because they didn't show you any of the game's development.

this is your first experience with game development. what you thought was game development before was actually marketing materials made by ladies upstairs for gullible geeks like you.

star citizen will look bad until everything comes together 1 month before release, just like every other game you have no idea about. keep sucking your thumbs

News Comments > Star Citizen Employees "Speak Out"
58. Re: Star Citizen Employees Oct 1, 2015, 23:40 loomy

this company is printing money by selling shit that doesn't exist, and you geniuses think they have money problems. jesus christ roberts  

News Comments > NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming
7. Re: NVIDIA Relaunches Cloud Gaming Sep 30, 2015, 22:34 loomy

shield console is amazing and so is GRID (now geforce NOW). it's so new you don't know what you're missing  

News Comments > Star Citizen's $900 Ship
133. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 22:32 loomy

I can't tell jealousy apart from anti-capitalism here. is anyone actually concerned about the welfare of the people buying this ship? I feel like the people with such disposable income must be okay, so I'm personally not worried  

News Comments > Star Citizen's $900 Ship
44. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 11:42 loomy

to be fair it's more like a $450 ship  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 31, 2015, 23:38 loomy

The unlawful part is advertising unlimited and it not being unlimited. Not the booting or capping. They're allowed to boot and cap people. They just can't call it unlimited and boot and cap people for passing the limit. That's unlawful in any country where the good people have the power.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October
24. Re: Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October Aug 30, 2015, 11:42 loomy

I never thought I'd see people complain about needing to buy a game.  

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
133. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 25, 2015, 06:41 loomy

Kosumo wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 04:25:
The only diffence I see is that they are talking about it being multi player. (which is a massive diffenace I will admit)

and that star citizen maps can be millions of miles

they demonstrated traveling 3000km / 1800 miles at gamescom, but it kind of went over the heads of the press http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=1qLcXt9Hxxo&p=n#/242;271

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2015, 16:46 loomy

blue, this is the kind of post steve gibson made before he finally lost it  

News Comments > Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown
86. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 8, 2015, 22:42 loomy

the game looks fine because progress is being made. I do think their schedule estimates will continue to be wrong. but the game will be finished within 10 years (normal for something new starting from scratch) and people will get what they paid for.  

597 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo