Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for loomy

Real Name loomy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 2, 2007, 18:07
Total Comments 557 (Apprentice)
User ID 44515

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Star Citizen "Feature Creep" and More
48. Re: On Star Citizen Jul 21, 2015, 15:54 loomy

I AM SO ANGRY  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month
102. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 18:04 loomy

Kxmode wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 17:00:
Comments like these are the reason I LEFT the RSI forums.

let's just say it: you spent money on nothing and now you regret it.

you made a stupid decision, and now there's nothing you can do about it. your only recourse is whining online with other people who buy things that don't exist yet.

none of this is the fault of the developer. whether they succeed or fail, YOU screwed up first, and you take even less responsibility for this failure than chris roberts takes for his.

87. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 16:43 loomy

Slytat wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 16:04:
From Kxmode's post:

http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs

Proof that these guys only care about your money.

He asked for a refund a year after he bought it? That guy and anyone who agrees with him is incompetent.

I would be interested in discussing a law that makes crowdfunding donations/purchases refundable up until the date that the final product is released. I'm all for human rights. But such a law does not exist.

I picture this guy wearing rags to the local walmart to return unopened coca-cola which hasn't expired yet. Dear sirs: I need that money back. I haven't properly thought out my decision to invest in coca-cola

82. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 16:31 loomy

chris roberts should admit that his estimates are shit, but he can't because he's a narcissist. that said, if ANYONE tried to make this game it'd take 5-10 years. so criticizing him for not being done before he's done is ignorant.

every project is a clusterfuck of delays, and the only difference here is that they're telling you about it

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 15, 2015, 14:54 loomy

reddit is a good concept and policing is not. the policing will not stop at the hateful reddits. the site will lose its distinctiveness over time and so will become irrelevant  

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
27. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 9, 2015, 11:49 loomy

I believe ben is honest. but he's a fan, and fans are blind  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Maps Return; Butcher Not OP
6. Re: Heroes of the Storm Maps Return; Butcher Not OP Jul 8, 2015, 12:55 loomy

blizzard employees are always smug shitty bastards. here's the truth about the butcher:

https://www.hotslogs.com/Sitewide/HeroDetails?Hero=The+Butcher

click "All Leagues" and set it to any skill level you want. look at the level 20 skill win rates at the bottom. the top Butcher build has a 62-68% win rate in all skill levels. and it GROWS in higher ranks, rather than shrinks.

hotslogs is an approximation, but there is a lot of data there, and it makes a lot of sense. most other heroes have good win rates when you look at the same stat, so I'm not sure how hotslogs is processing the data or exactly what it means. but it doesn't seem to line up with blizzard to me.

what blizzard employees neglect to mention is that new heroes have a price premium and "accidentally" making them a little too good is good for the bottom line.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 2015, 13:01.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Patched
11. Re: MechWarrior Online Patched Jul 7, 2015, 12:06 loomy

NewMaxx wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 11:02:
It is, without a doubt, pay to win. I love the MechWarrior universe but even it was too much for me.

good post. I've never played, but I imagine the developers should cap each team to the same value. 1 heavy + 1 light mech versus 2 mediums, etc. or even make each team equal: x heavies on both teams, etc.

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
23. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 11:31 loomy

this guy was hired to work directly for chris roberts... reporting to chris roberts... doing the work of chris roberts... at the mercy of chris roberts.

I don't know if he quit or was fired, but I know he had an impossible job. leaders like chris roberts are unstoppable forces until success or self destruction.

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
9. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 10:25 loomy

delays like this happen constantly in software development. someone plugs system A into system B and realizes system A is too shitty to handle it. cue rebuilding system A. and guess what happens when system A2 plugs into system B1.....

this is only news because he's telling you about it

News Comments > Op Ed
47. Re: Op Ed Jun 9, 2015, 05:56 loomy

if someone doesn't attempt to mix things up (valve and nvidia are now) we'll be stuck with windows forever

of course it's not great now. neither was the first of anything

News Comments > Mega Man Legacy Collection This Summer
7. Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection This Summer Jun 8, 2015, 17:03 loomy

give them a break wankers. this didn't port itself for free  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
60. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 3, 2015, 15:35 loomy

game looks good. people who complain about graphics don't understand the lineage of bethesda games. this shit doesn't grow on trees folks  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Exo Zombies Trailer
1. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Exo Zombies Trailer<br> Here's <a href= Jun 1, 2015, 19:51 loomy

what the hell

is going on here

News Comments > Star Citizen Asset Leak
26. Re: Star Citizen Asset Leak May 26, 2015, 00:19 loomy

leaked ship information for a game which releases new ship information every week = most uninteresting and least newsworthy "leak" ever

you might as well fistfuck yourself than care about this

News Comments > Oculus Rift Specs
28. Re: Oculus Rift Specs May 16, 2015, 00:07 loomy

the hardware is not the problem. there is almost nothing to DO with it

normal games are not compatible with VR in the way people imagine, so everything must be new

News Comments > Diablo III Turns Three on PC; Celebrates With Console Buffs
8. Re: Diablo III Turns Three on PC; Celebrates With Console Buffs May 15, 2015, 11:59 loomy

this game was made for consoles, just like all of blizzard's new games  

News Comments > Overwatch Video
31. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 16:19 loomy

strange how the damage effect on screen is a red aura. this seems like a bloodless cartoon kid-style game to me, and so it might be better suited to a black knock-out effect rather than mortal kombat blood  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint
3. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 11, 2015, 09:32 loomy

alien isolation has less than 10 hours of good gaming in it. they should have spent less on a shorter, better game.

the "crew expendable" DLC is probably the best experience in the game, and it's less than an hour long. I wish they had found a way to charge $20 for multiple mini-games like this, rather than $60 for a bloated monstrosity with great experiences hid behind DLC.

here, skip the game and just watch these:
crew expendable https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQiM4Ovg8k8
last survivor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w93clj43qsU

This comment was edited on May 11, 2015, 09:43.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Steam Keys For All Players Coming
5. Re: Elite: Dangerous Steam Keys For All Players Coming May 8, 2015, 23:10 loomy

I'm curious about the goings-on behind the scenes, because I assume the generation of a steam key for an existing sale requires frontier to pay valve the steam-fee, the same as if the game was bought on steam! Which would mean that adding this feature would subtract money from frontier!  

557 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo