Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for loomy

Real Name loomy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 2, 2007, 18:07
Total Comments 597 (Apprentice)
User ID 44515

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Split Details
17. Re: Star Citizen Split Details Feb 9, 2016, 13:47 loomy

Kxmode wrote on Feb 9, 2016, 12:49:
It's part of their move to release "something" so they can shut down Foundry 42 in the UK.

how long have you been hallucinating?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Multiplayer Trailer
5. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Multiplayer Trailer Jan 19, 2016, 15:39 loomy

I find this retro in the bad way. homeworld was innovative and this is not  

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
28. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Jan 15, 2016, 23:28 loomy

KS wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 18:19:
Here, I wait. I want to know what the gameplay is. Pure PvP?

CR's ambition is to make the biggest game ever. a universe simulator. by my estimation it will take them 2 more years to reach the beginning of that point, and 10 more years to finish it. you can PVP in it already because that's easy to implement.

23. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Jan 15, 2016, 17:42 loomy

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 16:32:
is there a game worth buying yet?

NO. There are a few quests and that's it. More than people know, because they talk without playing it. I've spent a few hours playing. But it's not a whole game yet. It is like a DayZ alpha type of situation where everyone has their fun running around in the wild west.

That said, if anyone wanted a deal, they needed to buy the sale packages that just went by. The price of the game is probably going to double now.

14. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Jan 15, 2016, 15:32 loomy

DangerDog wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 14:11:
What happened to that Space Marine portion that was suppose to be released "next month" months ago?

they fired the company making it because they were incompetent, and moved the development internally

Kxmode wrote on Jan 15, 2016, 15:02:
One of the final Kickstarter stretch goals was 100 systems at launch. Roberts statement above drops that amount by 50%.

the release CR is talking about in that story is already out. you're replying to a news story about it. you're still making mistakes, kxmode. maybe this game isn't for you

News Comments > Oculus Touch Controllers Delayed
9. Re: Oculus Touch Controllers Delayed Jan 2, 2016, 05:07 loomy

DangerDog wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 15:29:
This isn't the touch hardware we're looking for.

VR needs something like Google's Project Soli radar hand tracking.

that's decades away. would you not prefer to have hand and finger tracking in a year?

44. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Dec 28, 2015, 08:40 loomy

jdreyer wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 19:28:
What makes you think they have the money to fund a company of 260 people for the next two years?

well considering they exist and have for years, I think the burden is on YOU to prove why they CAN'T exist for the next two years

looking at the stats, both the paying player base and the sales are growing over time http://tinyurl.com/StarCitizenStats

so I guess you'll need to find a different reason to buck the trend. terrorism maybe

41. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Dec 27, 2015, 09:08 loomy

I tried the new alpha. it is incredibly good within context. and not only that, but the rate of change is obviously growing. I predict this game will be impressing regular people in 1 year, and "done" in 2 years. the haters apparently have no merit because they've never seen a AAA public alpha... because there has never been one. they are comparing star citizen to a figment of their imaginations.

and for those criticizing the CEO for being bad at his own game: this too is normal. I didn't blink an eye. he acted a klutz, like every executive I've ever seen. they do not have time to play games. but your imaginations ran wild again, like your mouths.

News Comments > Counter-Strike Gun Control
8. Re: Counter-Strike Gun Control Dec 16, 2015, 19:03 loomy

edaciousx wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 17:52:
I mean, what do you want from them? To not try to make the game better?

yes. these are not the people who made cs. these are not the people who made cs a success. cs gameplay has matured into a very static state over almost 20 years of real world usage. behind no closed doors should changes be made. this was like changing the rules of chess. cs is that significant to electronic gaming.

if they want to test changes, they can do it on a beta version in public for a year.

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Next Month
13. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Next Month Dec 16, 2015, 18:55 loomy

I'm less sure of the price than the name. these gearbox people love to start very, very high. the game shown does NOT look like a $50 2016 game  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access
16. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access Dec 16, 2015, 02:30 loomy

Vall Forran wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 23:22:
They are basically on the guild wars system. Free to play, no subscription, buy expansions. Or don't buy them and still play.

But, go ahead, buy your Star Citizen ships with real money every few days...that's way cheaper than a $50 game.

star citizen has announced nothing like this. as of now, buying the star citizen game for $50 or whatever gets you ALL of it.

and to me it's not like guild wars either. guild wars had independent expansions. for elite, you're buying primary features, or chunks of the game, as they make them. you either fund the development with a virtual monthly fee, or you are stuck with a feature-incomplete game. I do not think of elite horizons as an expansion pack

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access
5. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access Dec 15, 2015, 22:46 loomy

I would rather fund a game with rich people collecting ships than everyone paying $50/year. but if it works for them, good for them  

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $100M
53. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 13, 2015, 15:28 loomy

Rigs wrote on Dec 13, 2015, 15:06:
This should have been done at the end of year one

literally impossible, stop talking

47. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 13, 2015, 12:54 loomy

update: played the new release. impressive tech. the "MMO" star citizen looks on schedule for first release in 2 years. nothing to see here but normal software development  

21. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 12, 2015, 21:01 loomy

anyone who thinks this release is done because of derek smart has never worked in software. this release is done now because 300 people have been working on it for months. there is nothing ds can do to change that  

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo
13. Re: Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo Dec 4, 2015, 11:35 loomy

Cutter wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 11:27:
5 years and 100 mil later

to be fair, you're wrong. they did not spend 5 years working on the game. and they did not spend $100M on the game.

by the way, how long do you think it should take to create a 300-person studio from scratch?

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Revival Plans
8. Re: Natural Selection 2 Revival Plans Nov 24, 2015, 01:57 loomy

this is the "let's make it like overwatch" patch. the original game design is just not fun enough. NS combat was better and they ignored it  

News Comments > Windows 10 Outperforms SteamOS
27. Re: Windows 10 Outperforms SteamOS Nov 13, 2015, 17:42 loomy

all of this work needed to be done, and more needs to be done. I actually think valve started this work many years too late. the writing was on the wall 15 years ago. windows will not be the gaming platform of choice forever. someone or something will fill that void. valve developing up a linux distro is as good a direction as any.

and now that they've built this early platform, they're in position to take advantage of the next 10 years of vulkan game development. the games of 2016 and beyond won't have 50% performance penalty in steamos.

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront Reddit Issues
9. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront Reddit Issues Nov 13, 2015, 17:38 loomy

Slick wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 13:41:
It's amazing how little power can corrupt people. "what? early alpha access!? sure I'll be your minion!"

nice rant. what's also amazing is how gullible people are. how many of your buddies are still gullible impulsive moron fucks. how many of us are, slick. how many of us

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One
92. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 17:34 loomy

this game is more of the same. the complaints below are valid. but yes, the game is still fun.

activision does the same thing with call of duty. they've been milking it for as long as bethesda has milked morrowind. I guess people complain more about call of duty because it's more popular and is has 2x+ more releases. but the time span of milkage is the same

597 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo