Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mike

Real Name Mike   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname morose
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 21, 2007, 17:09
Total Comments 29 (Suspect)
User ID 44236

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > id CEO: Piracy PC's "Hidden Benefit"
15. Re: No subject Aug 21, 2008, 10:19 morose

Wasn't this the same guy who was crowing that Doom3 was a great game, since it made all that money?

If you ran a company, how would you judge the worth of your games? Critical acclaim in magazines or a vocal internet minority (in effect, judges) or performance in the marketplace (gamers voting with their dollars as your product competes against other products)? Until my revenue stream depends directly on those judges, I'd go with the latter myself. If I'm sitting on a big pile of money at the end of the day due to one of my products, I'm inclined to say it's pretty great.

That said I don't exactly get what Todd is suggesting here. Others posters are right... what are hardware manufacturer's going to do about a software problem? I mean, I understand that it's not in their interests to research it... maybe that's all he's saying.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 3 in AU Follow-up
21. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2008, 14:07 morose

This game makes me want to chase a dragon through an enchanted forest. Even though I will never catch it.

LOL @ Wallshadows

News Comments > Crytek: PC Sales to Piracy Ratio 1:15 or 1:20
129. Re: No subject Jun 30, 2008, 12:07 morose

No, no game deserves to be pirated. If it sucks, why the hell would you want to play it anyway? If it's good enough to play through, it's good enough to buy. If you don't like that a company won't release a demo, then don't buy their shit. Stealing is fucking stealing, and unlike food, you don't need games to survive so there is no justification for it. Period. Stop trying to rationalize it.

News Comments > Limbo of the Lost Follow-up
19. Re: ... Jun 26, 2008, 10:03 morose

I'm fairly certain nobody worked on this game for "years". Maybe a few months, and then *punt* out the door it went. Since a massive amount of time in a point-click adventure is spent on the art, they essentially shortcut their way to an even faster release by grabbing other folks' work.

Of course the devs are talking out their ass with this press release. The main purpose is simply to once again absolve their publisher.

News Comments > QUAKE Ray Tracing Movie
14. Re: raytracing. Jun 12, 2008, 15:31 morose

All it said to me after comparing the different versions of the games was that Carmack is moving in the right direction with his super texture focus at ID. Reflections, refractions, and shadows are such a small part of what makes most games immersive that devoting the kind of horsepower to it to make those things perfect seems like a bad investment to me.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: AoC May 27, 2008, 12:18 morose

" STOP LYING TO THE PUBLIC BECAUSE YOU MIGHT BE GETTING MONEY ON THE SIDE OR SOMETHING , CAUSE AOC IS DEFINATELY *NOT* ONE THE FASTEST SELLING GAME OF ALL TIME. "

Holy WoW fanboy attack Batman! You know, there can be more than one good game around at a time (even more than one good MMO). No one is going to kill off WoW, so you're perfectly safe to continue playing it. No need for this kind of diatribe.

News Comments > Dawn of War II Announced
11. Re: Sucks Apr 3, 2008, 10:29 morose

Say what you will about the mechanics or unit balance, DoW is a shitload of fun because of the awesome character of the 40k world. Can't wait for DoW2, especially with a co-op campaign!

News Comments > Gibson's Second Guitar Hero Suit
3. Re: No subject Mar 21, 2008, 16:16 morose

Correction, it's the real, SUCCESSFUL guitarists who get laid. Course, if you're successful you get laid anyway. So I think the guitarist part is mostly superfluous in the scheme of things.

Oh, and I think Gibson sucks.

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 16:16.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2007, 13:14 morose

I'm not sure who told you that tasering doesn't hurt, but uh... I'd disagree. Might not make you scream but it's a hell of a lot worse than "uncomfortable" in my book. Unless you consider sticking your hand in a pot of boiling water "uncomfortable" as well.

29 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo