Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mike

Real Name Mike   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname morose
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 21, 2007, 17:09
Total Comments 29 (Suspect)
User ID 44236

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Titanfall Launch Trailer
11. Re: Titanfall Launch Trailer Mar 4, 2014, 15:09 morose

All that said, I won't be playing this on Xbox One anyway. Having played both versions in beta I enjoyed the PC experience more.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Titanfall Launch Trailer
10. Re: Titanfall Launch Trailer Mar 4, 2014, 15:07 morose

DangerDog wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 14:43:
... the size alone dictates that the next big game to come along most people will need to delete this to make room, especially on xbox one with it's puny hard drive.

Uh, 500GB is room for 10 games of this size. How many games do you expect people to already have on their Xbox One? I've got 5 (most WAY smaller), and I'm ahead of most since I was a day one guy. Non-issue.

News Comments > Payday 2 Profitable Already; New Trailer
23. Re: Payday 2 Profitable Already; New Trailer Aug 9, 2013, 14:41 morose

The game is still pretty good (though not great) with random folks, but offers some of the best co-op around if you get 3 folks you know and start planning things as a team. Pulling off a heist where everything goes to plan feels damn good.  

News Comments > LoL Season 3 Championship in Staples Center
9. Re: LoL Season 3 Championship in Staples Center Jul 12, 2013, 10:02 morose

I played enough LoL to get the mechanics and strategy down, but now I watch WAY more of it being played than I ever actually played myself. I pretty much view it like I do watching most sports. I don't have the dedication/skills required to be a pro MMA athelete, but I've learned enough to really enjoy watching the experts.  

News Comments > Spamalot Unchained
32. Re: Spamalot Unchained Apr 29, 2013, 10:01 morose

I dunno. Seems like even 10k subs at $10 a month for a grand total of $100,000 per month is a reasonable ongoing fee to keep the game running. They could do this right by focusing on PvP and crafting instead needing to create/balance traditionally time intensive MMO content like dozens of dungeons and raids. I'm intrigued enough simply by the crafting/building class possibilities that I chipped in $50 to help it get made. YMMV. Also note that the total budget for the game will be ~$5 million as there is a substantial contribution coming from Mark and investors if they get the $2 million from the Kickstarter.  

News Comments > Croteam on Windows 8 Issues
152. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 19, 2012, 10:49 morose

Huh. I've been using Windows 8 for a couple of weeks now with no issues at all. I run absolutely whatever software I feel like on it. Yeah, I played with the tiled/Metro/modern UI for about an hour... then shelved it. It's a fun option and I like how it presents a more usable interface for touch based devices, but 95% of the time I log in and drop straight to desktop. I certainly don't feel like it hinders my experience to have it out there as an option though. *shrug*  

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
88. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 15:06 morose

Translation for me: "Hey, we're still talking out of our ass and calling the majority of PC gamers criminals. Continue to ignore our products until we either figure out that's not the way to get customers, or go under!"  

News Comments > Dishonored Voice Cast
2. Re: Dishonored Voice Cast Aug 3, 2012, 11:50 morose

Brad Dourif! What a great choice to voice an eccentric inventor.  

News Comments > Fortnite To Use Online DRM?
6. Dumb Jul 19, 2012, 10:14 morose

If this requires you to be online to play the single player, I will not buy it. If you make your game unfriendly to consumers, I will simply buy the version of it that someone else makes that IS friendly to consumers. Case in point, I didn't buy Diablo III but I've had Torchlight 2 on pre-order for months.  

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Glitch Ends
11. And... Jul 16, 2012, 11:27 morose

This is a great example of why I have stopped buying Ubisoft games. I drop somewhere in the neighborhood of $120 on games a month... mostly on the latest and greatest stuff coming out. But Ubisoft could come out with something that was the gaming equivalent to the second coming of Christ, and I wouldn't blink.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Ending Changes Planned
132. Re: Mass Effect 3 Ending Changes Planned Mar 22, 2012, 16:38 morose

Strange. My ending pretty much completely jived with how I played the rest of the game. I thought it was really interesting and set up some cool stuff for a possible future ME game that wasn't "Commander Shepard saves the universe: Part 4". *shrug* Guess I better finish up my second play through if I want to catch more of the original artistic intent of the game before they jack with it.  

News Comments > No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations
14. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 14:05 morose

Yeah, gotta agree with Verno. As someone who requested a refund for From Dust because I was so disgusted by the way Ubisoft handled that, I just can't believe anything from them anymore until someone else verifies it first.  

News Comments > More on BF3 and Steam
56. Re: More on BF3 and Steam Jul 18, 2011, 13:15 morose

If it bugs you, then vote with your wallet. All the internet bitching in the world won't speak half as loudly as not getting your money will.  

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Beta Key Giveaway
63. Re: Age of Empires Online Beta Key Giveaway Apr 26, 2011, 15:14 morose

Excellent! Would love a key. (Fyi, very cool of you guys to offer. Thanks Blue!)

This comment was edited on Apr 26, 2011, 15:22.

News Comments > No PC PoP DLC
39. Re: No PC PoP DLC Feb 4, 2009, 12:31 morose

Ubi execs openly said that PoP was a test for the viability of releasing non-DRM'd PC games in the current market (aka with high piracy rates) vs. sticking to consoles or DRMing the crap out of PC releases. My guess? Their numbers showed what many expected. Piracy high, and sales low. Now again, that's a guess... but it would make sense. Why release content for a game on a platform where most folks didn't buy it legitimately?  

News Comments > NY's Racist Games Bill
17. Re: NY's Racist Games Bill Jan 14, 2009, 12:57 morose

Read the article people. This is just to minors, though the post WAS worded poorly. I have no issue with prohibition of sales of certain material to minors. We've been doing it for decades. I DO think it should apply to all forms of media if they are going to do this though... films included.  

News Comments > WoW Death Knights Expand
12. Re: WoW Death Knights Expand Jan 9, 2009, 13:50 morose

Same as any game, if WoW is fun for you... play it. If not, don't. Coming here and whining about how the developers of the most successful MMO ever "don't know" about their game (while amusing) is pointless. Clearly a lot of people disagree with you.

Back on topic, I like that I could go and create a 55th level character on the same server as another group of friends and hang out with them occasionally even though I still mostly play on my original guild's server. And I haven't seen any more DKs than I have Hunters or Druids once I got out of the lower level (55-70) zones. Obviously those are more highly populated with DKs than other classes because thats where the DKs start out.

News Comments > Warhammer Online's Cut Content to Return for Free
3. Re: Nice Sep 19, 2008, 10:30 morose

We must be playing different games with regard to the graphics Theo. I thought the graphics were great, with lots of detail, but still had a lot of character (unlike some other MMOs I've seen in the past) and ran well at 1680x1050 with everything turned up on my 8800GTS. Well, except for the Empire stuff, which looks like boring, generic fantasy town/townsfolk. But hey, the Elf, Chaos, and Ork areas/characters all look awesome so I'll cut em some slack on the boring humans.

The gameplay is a bit restrictive (not enough character abilities) until about level 6. Then your options are varied enough to make the combat fun and give you something to do besides mash the same button over and over. This is also the first game that has presented RvR/PvP in a manner that I find approachable which has been a lot of fun. But... all this is just one guy's opinion.

News Comments > Spore - One Account Per Household
12. Re: yawn Sep 12, 2008, 11:01 morose

Both my nephews(age 8 and 12) and myself are bored of the game already after 2 days.

I bought 1 copy and cracked it for my nephews machines (we live in the same house) but I still feel ripped off.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. I've played Spore for about 5 hours so far, and will likely play it for at least 8 more. That makes my total entertainment value about $55 for 13 hours. Or about $4.25 an hour. Considering I spent around $65 for Mass Effect, and played it for 25 or so ($2.60 per hour), Spore was definitely more expensive. But compared to a movie at $8.50 for 2 hours, it was about right. And compared to Gears of War at $65 for 10 hours, it was a bargain (I generally dislike console competitive multiplayer).

News Comments > WAR Head Start Timing Tweaked
11. Re: No subject Sep 12, 2008, 10:40 morose

I canceled my preorder, game is a has-been that I felt like I had been playing for years already. The genre doesn't need another crappy turn based EQ clone, especially one that mirrors WoW in almost every way.
Wait, what game have you been playing? Because it certainly isn't the WAR I have been.

Every fantasy MMO has had the tank/healer/dps model. Heck, most of the sci-fi ones have had it as well. It's a natural progression of a group based model. Apart from that, not sure I see a lot of similarities really. I did at first, but as I got into things, seemed a lot of my initial assumptions didn't hold up.

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 10:41.

29 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo