Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blair Fraser

Real Name Blair Fraser   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email bfraser@ironcladgames.com
ICQ None given.
Description www.ironcladgames.com
Homepage http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com
Signed On Sep 19, 2007, 12:28
Total Comments 24 (Suspect)
User ID 44180

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Jun 12, 2012, 21:13  Blair Fraser 

Tumbler, I could be mistaken on the email but the discount is definitely available to anyone who has any previous version of Sins if they go here: http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/store  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Jun 12, 2012, 20:44  Blair Fraser 

GayBlade, I want your money and your happiness :p (I'm with Ironclad). Write me at bfraser@ironcladgames.com and I'll see what I can do.  

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Jun 12, 2012, 17:51  Blair Fraser 

(Sorry if this is a double post, my last one may or may not have went into the void).

Hmm, you should have got an email if you already owned a previous version. We are offering previous version owners a discount on Rebellion if they buy from us directly (you still get a Steam code). I'm not sure how much longer it will be available now that the game is out but as of this instant it still is. You can check out the details here: http://sinsofasolarempire.com/store

News Comments > Sins of a Dark Age Announced
17. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Announced Feb 21, 2012, 21:57  Blair Fraser 

Slashman, our data shows that the majority of $ is made in aesthetics (even for strategy games). People purchase the other type of content to trade money for time in order to access alternate experiences even though they are perfectly balanced in power.  

16. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Announced Feb 21, 2012, 21:51  Blair Fraser 

eRe4s3r, I feel the same way. Check out the FAQ and think you will be pleasantly surprised with our plans for meaningful cooperative scenarios, bots, singleplayer and what we are selling (mostly just aesthetic - anything affecting gameplay can be acquired relatively easily without $). For me, F2P doesn't have to be all about competition and elitism. We are trying really hard to change what F2P means for people so feedback like this is great.  

13. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Announced Feb 21, 2012, 20:47  Blair Fraser 

Jaguar I completely agree. We've tried out best to wipe those three main concerns out. No buying power, no pushy pushy etc. In addition, we are focusing on not having to grind to unlock the fun stuff. E.g a given faction's units are all available right off the bat - not need to grind to unlock the anti-cavalary unit or what have you.

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 2012, 20:59.

12. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Announced Feb 21, 2012, 20:43  Blair Fraser 

jacobvandy, given the sheer volume of people playing MOBA type champions (our data makes it pretty clear they are dominating the RTS market) it should be no problem to find a slot as a Commander. I guess from that perspective you are only screwed if you want to play RTS style with your buddies but but that doesn't mean there might not be multiple teams on the same side working together (in which case you and your buddies could all be Commander). Not confirming that by any means but the feedback certainly may direct our emphasis up until and during the beta.  

8. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Announced Feb 21, 2012, 20:15  Blair Fraser 

Hi guys,

I'm not out to persuade anyone, I just respect the feedback we've gotten from the users here since the launch of Sins and was hoping for a bit more.

Is there anything particular about F2P as we've implemented it that we can change that would make it sit better?

Also, we've explicitly tried to avoid references to DOTA/MOBA since that is just one part of the game and even that part is different. For example I spend more of my time playing as the Commander because I'm more interested in high level strategy than faster paced tactics. Is there something in this area that we could do to make it feel more strategic?

If you aren't sure how we've implemented F2P or how the Commander/Hero /Strategy/Tactics game works you can check out the FAQ: http://sinsofadarkage.com/support

It's never too late for us to incorporate feedback and we welcome whatever you have negative or positive.

Cheers,
Blair

News Comments > Four Sins of a Solar Empire Add-ons Planned
22. Re: Four Sins of a Solar Empire Add-ons Planned Oct 22, 2008, 19:20  Blair Fraser 

There are not 4 expansions planned. This is an error in Kalypso's press release. The goal was to do three and then re-evaluate whether the model is viable or not. I've been pretty open about the possibility that the micro-expansion experiment may fail but we're willing to try new ideas in the hopes we can improve our small corner of the industry for both the developer and players. It's similiar to the thought process we went through on the no-DRM policy (which was pretty risky and could have had disastrous results if it failed). Anyways, there are only 3/three/t-h-r-e-e micro expansions planned Thanks!
This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2008, 19:21.

News Comments > Violent Game "Journalism"
8. Re: No subject Mar 31, 2008, 10:03  Blair Fraser 

Here is what I want to do: write up an awesome fake story about how video games drove me to do x, y, and z. Take the money and use it to help fund my next game which I'll make as violent as possible. Then I'll make sure the fact that whatever newspaper is doing this is supporting the production of these "evil" games as a big part of my marketing campaign. Idiots.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire Demo
21. Re: No subject Mar 21, 2008, 17:34  Blair Fraser 

You can play as many 90 minutes games as you like. The first two maps are easily small enough to be beaten in under that time. It's only the random medium map that I doubt can be completed in 90 minutes.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire Q&A
21. Re: Devs took to many shortcuts Feb 25, 2008, 19:52  Blair Fraser 

Sins can run at a widths and heights less than 1024 and 768 respectively, you just need to switch into maximized windowed mode. We've had several emails regarding this and everyone has got it running successfully so far.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire Patch Plans
72. Re: No subject Feb 10, 2008, 22:24  Blair Fraser 

An early version of the Sins Forge Modding Package is up, its far from complete but more than enough to get most mods started. You can grab info on it here: http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/?forumid=443&aid=176875#1457081

70. Re: No subject Feb 10, 2008, 07:07  Blair Fraser 

I'm not quite that guy

67. Re: No subject Feb 10, 2008, 02:07  Blair Fraser 

I don't mean to bug you Blair, but since you keep posting ( ) , when are are the boxes shipping out?

They started shipping on the first I believe but if you just ordered it probably not until Monday.

64. Re: No subject Feb 9, 2008, 22:41  Blair Fraser 

"Re: No subject Feb 8, 16:10 PiTiFUL
EDIT Well DL is another option but I really like to have the media, manual and box."

There is actually a DL + Collector's Edition Box option there besides just digital download. This allows you to download it right away and the CE Box with all the goodies will show up in the mail.

This comment was edited on Feb 9, 22:50.

News Comments > Guitar Rising
6. Re: Like whatever, dude! Feb 8, 2008, 02:34  Blair Fraser 

Oh man, that is so cool! Can't wait for this!

47. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2008, 22:47  Blair Fraser 

Anyone can download it here for free: http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/downloads.aspx. Sorry it's included with the retail build.

More tools coming.

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 22:54.

45. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2008, 21:52  Blair Fraser 

"all I really want to see is the ability to host Galaxy Forge created maps...my map is all of 5kb but nobody else can play it because they have no download system implemented."

Upload it here for the time being http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/downloads.aspx

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 21:52.

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire
41. No subject Feb 5, 2008, 01:19  Blair Fraser 

Bhuric, Javelis LRM's are very useful - they outrange static defense is a good hint and there are more hints on how they can be used in the manual. (manual.pdf in your sins directory)

FloridaHoudini, both your concerns are addressed here "Is Sins Easy to Play?" : http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/?forumid=402&aid=174536#1439921

I hate to talk about the demo/pirate issue when their are so many gameplay related questions here but its disheartening to think we have to make such a tough moral choice. If we release the demo early that means the retail build suffers quality (1 month of development) but if we don't we get pirated (which is particularly rough since we have ZERO DRM! We understand that people don't always want to see games in their best light (aka hype situations) which is partly why we've had a year long beta with absolutely no NDA. Sins screenshots, previews, movies (check out the dates in youtube), and the often brutal beta forums have been available since last March. And believe me, developing a game with the whole world watching is rough - especially in the early days when we got torn apart day in day out. When I hear comments like this I wonder if it was worth it. We'll find out shortly I guess. Anyways, I made a detailed post about this on the official forums. Check out reply #22 at http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/?forumid=402&aid=174611#1439868.

Thanks again for the support!

24 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo