Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brent

Real Name Brent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quicksilver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 17, 2007, 20:52
Total Comments 84 (Suspect)
User ID 44150

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 14, 2011, 12:13 Quicksilver

Who would've thought the future would actually be a cyberpunk novel?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever ShakyCam Video
4. Re: Duke Nukem Forever ShakyCam Video Mar 13, 2011, 20:59 Quicksilver

saluk wrote on Mar 13, 2011, 18:42:
Generic fps alert.

Are they playing duke nukem, or the latest borderlands dlc?

This game won't be generic, it'll be nostalgic

News Comments > Dragon Age II Beta Patch
35. Re: Dragon Age II Beta Patch Mar 13, 2011, 20:18 Quicksilver

The vitriol I think is coming from the sense of betrayal. The appeal to the mass market inevitably leads to a dumbing down and simplification of PC gaming. Because they aren't making it for PC anymore, they make it for xbox and ps3 then using the xbox code to port it over to the PC. They're trying to cash in by appealing to the casual gamer, I hope they lose out to both hardcore and casual gamers and learn a lesson about dumbing down their brand.  

News Comments > EA: PC Gaming May Become Their "Biggest Platform"
34. Re: EA: PC Gaming May Become Their Mar 9, 2011, 15:27 Quicksilver

Verno wrote on Mar 9, 2011, 15:02:
(i've also noticed a growing lack of technical understanding by the younger generations, they seem to not know how to upgrade)

Probably due to most of them owning Macbooks. There's an alarming number of non-PC platform gamers who own little netbooks and Mac products. The hardcore market is getting better about serving these people finally though.

You're exactly right... Maybe its not the economy since they seem perfectly willing to load up on iphones, ipads, and macbooks. But the problem with the PC gaming market is caused by a failure on the part of hardware manufacturers. Its not simple or pretty enough for them. What microsoft needs to do is make a gaming pc in an xbox like form factor with a modified windows 7 os and interchangable componenets. Basically a gaming pc masquerading as a console, people would eat that shit up!

"Omg its like an xbox, but I can use a mouse and browse the internet on it!"

News Comments > 3D DOOM Movie Reboot?
1. Re: 3D DOOM Movie Reboot? Mar 9, 2011, 15:02 Quicksilver

Let no bad idea go unpublished  

News Comments > EA: PC Gaming May Become Their "Biggest Platform"
31. Re: EA: PC Gaming May Become Their "Biggest Platform" Mar 9, 2011, 14:59 Quicksilver

Can anyone name a single PC game that was totally awesome and DIDN'T make a butt-load of money?

The problem with PC games is that it's userbase is more sophisticated and invests more into the platform than any other. So you can't push out shovelware and expect to make much money, you have to actually publish quality work. And that's a serious problem for a big company like EA.

I mean listen to these morons. They want to make the next big Farmville or Angry birds? It's telling that they have no idea what they're doing and are throwing everything at the wall seeing what will stick. The reality is that the economy is the biggest barrier right now. Entertainment is the first thing to go in people's budgets. And buying an xbox is cheaper and easier than a new video card / memory / and processor (i've also noticed a growing lack of technical understanding by the younger generations, they seem to not know how to upgrade)

I don't realistically believe the PC gaming market will ever return to its former glory, and it's a shame. Don't get me wrong, there will always be a place for PC gaming, but it will be a niche market in the greater gaming ecosphere. The power of the PC is it's malleability and that will always make it the center of innovation. I think the future of PC gaming is not in making games, but in escapism. Fully realized virtual worlds where people can go to escape from reality. This is why WoW is so popular, this is why angry birds is so popular. Angry birds is a game you want to play, but World of Warcraft is where you want to spend your free time.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Mar 7, 2011, 11:15 Quicksilver

Nomaar wrote on Mar 7, 2011, 11:07:
Just because Bioware sold out doesn't mean the genre is dying. The Witcher, for example, was deep and engaging and I haven't seen anything that makes me believe The Witcher 2 will be anything less. They're just one of several independents in Europe that are making quality rpgs.

Exactly, this is basic economics. When a large company no longer caters to a specific market then other smaller companies now have the opportunity to. Doesn't mean the market is disappearing, the customers will always be there. It just means Bioware has fallen to the EA Effect. Sad, but it happens.

News Comments > Valve Looks to Steam Power Your TV
53. Re: Valve Looks to Steam Power Your TV Feb 28, 2011, 22:28 Quicksilver

finga wrote on Feb 28, 2011, 19:47:
Jesus christ, you guys will shit your pants and echo-chamber yourselves into a completely overdriven tizzy over any little thing.

Reading the same press release you did, it's clear they're talking about an alternate UI and gamepad controls to navigate the UI, making navigation on a TV easy when you've got some gamepad-enabled games. It's not some huge OnLive-style project.

Agreed, OnLive had to lay down some serious physical infrastructure to make it work, and even then it's spotty. This is clearly a user experience modification. Not a declaration of strategy to enter into a whole new market.

News Comments > NPD: 5% Industry Decline
27. Re: NPD: 5% Industry Decline Feb 18, 2011, 12:39 Quicksilver

I know Valve is hiding their financial data to stay profitable and independent but does anybody else feel like they're doing the industry a disservice by not telling the world how much money they're raking in?

I feel like PC gaming would have a good resurgence if the rest of the world would just wake up to digital distribution and the indie game market.

News Comments > Paging Rogue Game Server Admins
10. Re: Paging Rogue Game Server Admins Feb 14, 2011, 15:35 Quicksilver

Verno wrote on Feb 14, 2011, 14:30:
Back when I worked at WorldCom... management was none the wiser.

Understatement of the year

News Comments > Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked?
8. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 11, 2011, 21:54 Quicksilver

They don't need DRM, they've got impossible system requirements.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition Announced
30. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition Announced Feb 11, 2011, 18:20 Quicksilver

Oh no, I may geek out and buy this without being able to stop myself  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Appearance DLC Plans
6. Re: Mass Effect 2 Appearance DLC Plans Feb 3, 2011, 22:20 Quicksilver

I can't wait to miss this one  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 14, 2010, 23:42 Quicksilver

It's pathetic. Out with the old, in with the new I say. These mega-conglomerate media companies stink like rotten meat and move as slow as molasses. Even the vultures want nothing to do with em.  

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 14, 2010, 21:00 Quicksilver

Oh goody, I feel a reddit campaign to bury FOX news clips coming on  

News Comments > EA's OnLive Skepticism
4. Re: EA's OnLive Skepticism Dec 7, 2010, 20:58 Quicksilver

I wish I could support this venture but everything I love about PC gaming can't exist with OnLive  

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 3, 2010, 13:15 Quicksilver

Beamer wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 11:42:
Wikileaks has the power to do a lot of good.

Whit this leak, though, he kind of killed its credibility. So much of this leak should NOT have been leaked. It's kind of pathetic that it did.

I've actually turned against the site after how incredibly and frustratingly stupid this leak is. Great, now world leaders know what other world leaders think of them. That'll do everyone a lot of good.

Well, Hilary Clinton did say today that this Secretary of State job will be her last...

News Comments > Ghostbusters Sequel Plans
5. Re: Ghostbusters Sequel Plans Dec 2, 2010, 12:12 Quicksilver

kxmode wrote on Dec 2, 2010, 11:38:
Did they ever patch the first game so that it can be completed?

Did you try setting the difficulty to Easy?

News Comments > UK Sales Charts
33. Re: UK Sales Charts Oct 26, 2010, 10:00 Quicksilver

Creston wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 22:45:
Yay Gamebryo engine!

How Bethesda still keeps using that rubbish piece of horseshit is incomprehensible.

Just watched Victor (the robot) get ganked by a bunch of Lakelurks. Shit. I wanted to know why he kept following me, but I'm guessing he ain't gonna tell me now...

Creston

That's supposed to happen

News Comments > UK Sales Charts
32. Re: UK Sales Charts Oct 26, 2010, 09:44 Quicksilver

Creston wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 22:45:
Yay Gamebryo engine!

How Bethesda still keeps using that rubbish piece of horseshit is incomprehensible.

Just watched Victor (the robot) get ganked by a bunch of Lakelurks. Shit. I wanted to know why he kept following me, but I'm guessing he ain't gonna tell me now...

Creston

Don't worry, that's supposed to happen

84 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo