Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Brent

Real Name Brent   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quicksilver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 17, 2007, 20:52
Total Comments 84 (Suspect)
User ID 44150

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 16, 2013, 11:08 Quicksilver

I'll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I recognize missourah!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2
21. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2 Aug 21, 2012, 11:22 Quicksilver

Prez wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 03:11:
PHJF wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 00:14:

I've been hearing this stuff about Chuck Norris for many years now, and I just don't get where it originated. He got his ass kicked by Bruce Lee for God's sake - why isn't Lee talked about with such awe? Is is a prejudice against dead Chinamen, or a natural favoritism for hairy-chested Nordic Track-users?

They started as an SNL skit about a man named Bill Brasky. I don't know how it migrated to Chuck Norris.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event
2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jun 20, 2012, 19:41 Quicksilver

Eirikrautha wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 17:11:
What makes these so nice is that they are so rare... oh, wait, they do these every weekend...

So how's that working out?

It's working out pretty well, thank you

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Connection Issues
17. Re: Mass Effect 3 Connection Issues May 4, 2012, 13:13 Quicksilver

CrushBug wrote on May 3, 2012, 21:15:
The message is of course incorrect and could be saying "I like turtles." for all that it means. It is choking on some server messaging and this has nothing to do with DRM or the like. Once we wrangle the errant server under control those affected will be able to play again. Thankfully it isn't affecting many customers, but we almost have it all resolved at this time.

Any plans to include some kind of latency measurement in game? It would be nice to be able to check everyone's lag so I would know a bad connection is the reason my teammate is skipping across the map and not some other weird bug.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 26, 2012, 12:33 Quicksilver

Creston wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 12:24:
It's great to see that Carmack found time to update the iPhone version of Rage, and still hasn't delivered idstudio which was supposed to be included with the game OUT OF THE FUCKING BOX.

Assholes.

Creston

Word to the motherfucking BIRD!

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
12. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 6, 2011, 13:18 Quicksilver

When the cats away the rats will play  

News Comments > Duke Nukem History of a Legend 3
1. Re: Duke Nukem History of a Legend 3 Jun 22, 2011, 11:45 Quicksilver

cue the whining...  

News Comments > Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned?
26. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising Jun 15, 2011, 02:10 Quicksilver

Darth Guybrush wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 02:05:
They are it seems. Mass Effect 3 PC will be Origins only. Sigh!

Ouch

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever
38. Re: Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever Jun 14, 2011, 17:33 Quicksilver

For the record there are secrets in the game. Finding a woman masturbate with another filming it, Duke finding the character from Dead Space and saying "That's one dead space marine" (reference to original secret in Duke3D w/ DOOM guy), It just doesn't pop up with a message saying "You've found a secret!" or award you with achievements so noobs get frustrated.  

News Comments > Levine on the Possibility of a BioShock Movie
1. Re: Levine on the Possibility of a BioShock Movie May 25, 2011, 21:40 Quicksilver

Making a movie from a video game is always the dumbest idea brought up. The stories in video games usally consist of an introduction, many hours of running around killing things, then a simple ending. BioShock was no different.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Shrinkage Trailer
11. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Shrinkage Trailer May 5, 2011, 21:24 Quicksilver

This game looks awesome,seriously I cannot wait. Looks like it has all the style and environmental interactivity as the original.

Sure Crysis 2 looked awesome, but it was completely empty, painted with a fancy facade. The levels were littered with junk and all you could do was pick up trash and toss it around uselessly. Duke Nukem 3D had hundreds of items and environment objects you could interact with. Brought the entire world to life, made me want to learn how to build levels in Build3D.

Seriously, watch this trailer. In a world where every game is a copy of itself, what can compare to Duke?

News Comments > EA Financials
1. Re: EA Financials May 4, 2011, 21:47 Quicksilver

Does their incompetence know no bounds?  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Specs
23. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Specs May 3, 2011, 18:56 Quicksilver

Tom wrote on May 3, 2011, 17:49:
Somehow I think graphics are going to be the least of this game's problems. It's still sad that anyone would expect post-DX9 level graphics from it, though. Helllloooooooo....... Learn a little history, please.

Most of these kids were in diapers when Duke3D was released.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Patch
11. Re: Crysis 2 Patch Apr 27, 2011, 23:04 Quicksilver

What's the point of playing the hardest difficulty level if you can't cheat your way through it??  

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Patched
4. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Apr 26, 2011, 00:15 Quicksilver

this changes nothing  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2011, 11:44 Quicksilver

I was a little disappointed with how easy the puzzles were. There was only one that gave me any trouble and maybe two that I had to actually think about. Everything else was pretty obvious. I loved the story part of the game, but I wish they spent more time on the puzzle side of Portal and didn't try to make it something it wasn't. But I understand you don't make millions making people feel stupid and frustrating them.  

News Comments > Digital Chart Initiative Losing Steam
6. Re: Digital Chart Initiative Losing Steam Apr 21, 2011, 11:32 Quicksilver

Valve has nothing to gain and lots to lose by releasing this data. If stogy old men want to believe that retail sales are the only metric and PC gaming is dying than Valve gains by losing competitors in the market. If they shout at the rooftops with the amount of money they're making than they're going to see a lot of Wall Street investors trying to make clones of Steam and lock Valve into a perpetual feature/price war  

News Comments > Stardock on GameStop, Impulse, and Steam
64. Re: Stardock on GameStop, Impulse, and Steam Apr 7, 2011, 23:51 Quicksilver

I just read the whole thread... still unclear as to what tech he's talking about.

I was just playing a Steam game and had a hankering for stopping for a bit and browsing some websites... well Steam has a built in web browser. All I had to do was press Shift + Tab and I could browse some reddit and when my ADD was satiated, I Shift + Tabbed back to my game. Does impulse have such awesomeness?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2011, 18:11 Quicksilver

Hollywood doesn't have the artistic integrity to ever make a Japanese anime work in live action. I don't know why they keep trying, did they not learn their lesson from Dragon Ball Evolution? (stupid question I know)  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month
17. Re: Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC This Month Mar 18, 2011, 12:20 Quicksilver

See, this is how you do DLC (I'm lookin' at you FalloutNV devs). You expand on the original game story, bridge the gap between sequels, etc. You don't create stupid hats for your characters to wear, or completely disconnected adventures that have nothing to do with your characters or the game's main story.  

84 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo